PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Could Send Pascal Siakam To Timberwolves For Russell, Culver, and Daniels

Lebron23
06-07-2021, 02:12 AM
https://www.inquisitr.com/6491608/raptors-could-send-pascal-siakam-to-timberwolves-for-dangelo-rus

https://img.srgcdn.com/e/w:1000//aVE2a2hUeHFFWnhNSllOWmlqbncuanBn.jpg

https://img.srgcdn.com/e/w:1000//Y0ZzUjFMRnZ6RXkwOWdXd054T0YuanBn.jpg

When Kawhi Leonard left in the summer of 2019, most people expected All-Star power forward Pascal Siakam to take over his role as the Toronto Raptors' main guy. However, though he has shown a massive improvement with his game since Leonard's departure, Siakam doesn't seem to be the type of player who is capable of leading a team to title contention.

The Raptors may not have shown any indication that they are planning to move Siakam, but they could explore the possibility of trading him if they are presented with an intriguing offer in the 2021 offseason.

Pascal Siakam To Timberwolves
Pascal Siakam going back to defenseGETTYIMAGES | ELSA
One of the teams that could express interest in trading for Siakam this summer is the Minnesota Timberwolves. In a recent article, Greg Swartz of Bleacher Report created a list of trade ideas that would save lottery teams from another "playoff whiff." For the Timberwolves team that hasn't reached the postseason since 2018, it's the hypothetical deal that would send Siakam to Minnesota.

In the proposed trade scenario by Swartz, the Timberwolves would be sending a package that includes D'Angelo Russell, Jarrett Culver, and Jaden McDaniels to the Raptors in exchange for Siakam.

Timberwolves Boost Starting PF Position
Pascal Siakam leading the offenseGETTYIMAGES | POOL
Trading Russell, Culver, and McDaniels for a single player would be a difficult decision for the Timberwolves. However, Swartz believes that it would be worth it if the Timberwolves believe that they are only a quality power forward away from being a legitimate playoff contender in the Western Conference.

"Siakam is a former All-Star starter who should be entering his prime now at age 27," Swartz wrote. "He's a winning distributor and defender who can space the floor and brings championship experience."

Pascal Siakam Gives Timberwolves Solid Two-Way Contributor
Siakam would undeniably be an interesting addition to the Timberwolves. His potential arrival in Minnesota is expected to bring a significant improvement with their performance on both ends of the floor. He would give them a very reliable second-scoring option next to Karl-Anthony Towns, as well as a great rebounder, on-court facilitator, lockdown defender, and floor-spacer.

This season, the 27-year-old power forward averaged 21.4 points, 7.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists, and 1.1 steals while shooting 45.5 percent from the field and 29.7 percent from beyond the arc, per ESPN.

Why The Raptors Would Make The Trade
D'Angelo Russell taunting the crowd after hitting a three-pointerGETTYIMAGES | MICHAEL REAVES
The proposed trade deal would be an easy decision for the Raptors, especially if they no longer see Siakam as part of their long-term future. The suggested deal wouldn't only enable the Raptors to replace Siakam with another young All-Star in Russell, but they would also be adding two promising talents that they could develop in Culver and McDaniels.

"Culver was the No. 6 overall pick in the 2019 draft who is able to play both wing positions, and McDaniels showed terrific defensive potential as a rookie this past year."

https://www.inquisitr.com/6491608/raptors-could-send-pascal-siakam-to-timberwolves-for-dangelo-rus

n00bie
06-07-2021, 12:51 PM
I'd be ok with this trade. I'm tired of watching Siakam spin.

jayfan
06-07-2021, 03:08 PM
Come on, bro. This is just a spam trade proposal dreamed up by some Bleacher Report geek.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-07-2021, 03:12 PM
Kawhi out here averaging 30PPG on 60% FG in a series, only him and Shaq have done that since 2000.

While his 2nd option could be traded to Timberwolves hahahahaa

Marc Gasol had Lebron and couldn't even get out of the 1st round

Wow goat kawhi's impact and leadership is beyond ridiculous

Mask the Embiid
06-07-2021, 03:15 PM
Can i interest the raptors in a ben simmons for pascal trade?

HBK_Kliq_2
06-07-2021, 03:24 PM

Harden for Simmons was on the table earlier this season but I guess doc passed hahahah

Mask the Embiid
06-07-2021, 06:18 PM
Harden for Simmons was on the table earlier this season but I guess doc passed hahahah

James Harden is worthless in the playoffs this year because he's hurt. so we would of ended up throwing this year away and not getting him back til he's 32 years old next season.....i think we made the right decision

Trading a 24 year old ben Simmons for a 32 year old harden is probably a bad trade in the long run

Maybe you will get it in a couple of months when kawhi leaves and you have no draft picks for the next 5 years.....maybe youll understand then

red1
06-07-2021, 07:10 PM
bad trade for the GOAT franchise

FYI raps are the GOAT franchise. just an FYI.

n00bie
06-07-2021, 07:14 PM

I cant stand Ben Simmons. I wouldnt want him on the team for free.

n00bie
06-07-2021, 07:29 PM
James Harden is worthless in the playoffs this year because he's hurt. so we would of ended up throwing this year away and not getting him back til he's 32 years old next season.....i think we made the right decision

Trading a 24 year old ben Simmons for a 32 year old harden is probably a bad trade in the long run

Maybe you will get it in a couple of months when kawhi leaves and you have no draft picks for the next 5 years.....maybe youll understand then

At this point I think it's fair to say Simmons will never develop a jumper. His issue seems to be mental.

A player is practically useless if they have no jumper in today's league.

Manny98
06-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Keep my boy FAR away from that garbage ass franchise