PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns could be the superteam of 20's

LeCola
06-07-2021, 11:15 AM
Just check their payroll. CP3's massive contract will end.

https://i.ibb.co/ftQtpV0/image.png

It seems they will have space for 1 max in 2022 1 max in 2023 or 2 maxes in 2023. In 2023, they could have;

- 27-year old Booker + 25-year old Ayton + 1 star player

or

- 27-year old Booker + 2 star players

They could have a big 3, they just need to stay patient and don't sign long term contracts.

2022 UFA Free Agents:
Kawhi - 31 years old
Curry - 34 years old
Randle - 27 years old
Lavine - 27 years old
or re-sing Ayton

2023 UFA Free Agents:
Embiid - 29 years old
Jokic - 28 years old
Irving - 31 years old
Beal - 30 years old
Harden - 34 years old

What do you think?

highwhey
06-07-2021, 11:30 AM
Bridges is coming up, I think he can complete the big 3.

Or Tatum can follow through with his draft dream and come to Phoenix.

Gohan
06-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Y’all nikkas need toody

wagexslave
06-07-2021, 11:55 AM

I love Miikal and he's already one of the top 3-and-D wings in the league, but the question is how much is that worth and how replaceable is he if we were to sign a star player instead of him? It's hard for me to put a dollar sign value on his impact. His defense is great and he is super efficient on offense but a bit underutilized and at times not aggressive enough with the ball, which can be both good and bad depending on the situation. There were times in the first round Lakers series where I was thinking "where's Mikal?? He's been kinda nonexistent" while Ayton was flourishing. I think we really need to see how he does in the 2nd round and if his offensive game continues to evolve next year before I will be able to gague how valuable he is with confidence in comparison to a star player.

LeCola
06-07-2021, 12:28 PM
I love Miikal and he's already one of the top 3-and-D wings in the league, but the question is how much is that worth and how replaceable is he if we were to sign a star player instead of him? It's hard for me to put a dollar sign value on his impact. His defense is great and he is super efficient on offense but a bit underutilized and at times not aggressive enough with the ball, which can be both good and bad depending on the situation. There were times in the first round Lakers series where I was thinking "where's Mikal?? He's been kinda nonexistent" while Ayton was flourishing. I think we really need to see how he does in the 2nd round and if his offensive game continues to evolve next year before I will be able to gague how valuable he is with confidence in comparison to a star player.

Possibilities are:

Booker - Kawhi - Jokic

Booker - Kawhi - Embiid

Booker - Ayton - Jokic

Booker - Ayton - Beal

So, keeping Bridges would be losing a big opportunity.

Tatum will be free agent in 2025 or 2026.

AirBonner
06-07-2021, 01:11 PM
Tatum loves Boston. Tatum isn’t a role player like Booker. And I don’t think Booker would like taking less shots…

highwhey
06-07-2021, 01:42 PM

yeah, i wouldn't say he had a bad series but he underperformed in round 1 relative to his usual contributions. offensively he missed a lot of wide open 3s and his defense was alright by his standards. i would like for him to step it up in round 2. i think this season he took a big step offensively but like you said, there's a lot of question marks as to how much he can contribute.

same could be said for pretty much all the suns role players though, they didn't really play up their usual level...Book had to carry the team.

highwhey
06-07-2021, 01:46 PM
i do think the fit is good though (with Mikal). Ideally we need an athletic wing like him paired with booker.

Booker-Ayton-Bridges

Sounds like a really good trio if they continue to develop, though it seems like Bridges is the one that needs to grow the most. That trio has a great mix of the fundamental components of basketball: scoring, defense, rebounding. Insert any half decent point guard and that's a competitive team. It will be interesting to see who the suns can plug into point guard once CP3 is gone.

Back In Shape
06-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Not unless they they find the fountain of youth for CP3. CP3 is the heart of that team. He will win the Suns more games than Booker will. I don't see this team going deep every year unless Paul is replaced by an elite distributor like Luka, Trae or maybe even Ben Simmons who can't shoot but defend and distribute. A Lonzo Ball like player might be enough to keep them elite but it's questionable