PDA

View Full Version : Durant has been better than Bran for the last 5 years

Ca$H
06-07-2021, 10:10 PM
Obviously excluding last year since KD didn't play. I don't know why the media continues to perpetuate the false narrative that Bran is the best player in the NBA.

Bawkish
06-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Bran is not even the MVP of his own team

coin24
06-07-2021, 10:48 PM
The bran ball era is dead.

Career loser will be forgotten about soon

kenneth_griffin
06-07-2021, 10:54 PM
lebrons career really ended in 2015. we all saw bran come into that season looking 100 years old. then he went to miami and got some steroids and he got a free pass to the finals every year till he left for the west coast. and he rode kyries back and the refs/silver to that 2016 fluke

then he rode davis to a fake bubble ring in 2020 and stole finals mvp because he could against a team like miami. had that been a real team they lose. if they ran it through davis all series they sweep miami. bran ball actually cost them a few games.

lebron was nowhere near the best since 2013 or so. since then its obvious its been durant and the only reason durant didn't win more is because in the banana boat era you need 2-3 stars to compete. and westbrook is like having a negative star on your team because all he cares about is fake stats. had durant played with a guy that complimented him like wade/bosh, kyrie/love or davis since 2014 he literally runs the table and wins 7 straight titles

only lebron can find a way to f*ck it up more often than not with a loaded roster

kawhileonard2
06-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Durant has been better since 2014.

Spurs m8
06-07-2021, 11:26 PM
Good thread tbh

DABIGSALSISHA
06-08-2021, 01:48 AM
The bran ball era is dead.

Career loser will be forgotten about soon

Just like fresh kill on the highway.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ElegantAlarmedBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

DABIGSALSISHA
06-08-2021, 01:50 AM
Bran is not even the MVP of his own team

He will be benched next season.

dankok8
06-08-2021, 01:52 AM
KD is certainly better than Lebron right now.

From 2017 onwards it's been debatable. I was generally in the Lebron camp but there is an argument to be made for Durant.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-08-2021, 01:56 AM
I would go:

1) Kawhi
2) Durant
3) LeBron

For the last 5 years. Those are clear cut top 3 and it depends what order you like

TheCorporation
06-08-2021, 01:56 AM
2015: LeBron
2016: LeBron
2017: LeBron
2018: LeBron
2019: LeBron
2020: LeBron
2021: Durant

Yeah, no :lol

ClipperRevival
06-08-2021, 02:21 AM
It's amazing how good this guy is. It's almost unfair. If he was just the way he was WITHOUT his sniper range, he would still be a Kobe type scorer but the fact that he is a legit, pure shooter like he is from deep makes his unguardable. He could probably score 80+ points if he got selfish and just looked to get his but he's always played within the flow so he makes the teams he's on that much better too.

Spurs m8
06-08-2021, 02:24 AM
I would go:

1) Kawhi
2) Durant
3) LeBron

For the last 5 years. Those are clear cut top 3 and it depends what order you like

Yes, we know you would lmao

Seriously though, did Uncle Dennis employ you?

ImKobe
06-08-2021, 02:29 AM
He's been the best player since 2014.

KD is certainly better than Lebron right now.

From 2017 onwards it's been debatable. I was generally in the Lebron camp but there is an argument to be made for Durant.

There's no debate. Lebron's played in his little Lebron Ball system which inflates his stats like Luka's, and it fooled many because he was making the Finals against weak competition (Lebron was the only 1st team All-NBA player out East, apart from Noah's 1 fluke year in 2014) from 2013-2018, while averaging his cute 30-pt triple-double numbers, but got outplayed by KD in the Finals by a wide margin. Durant got all the blame pre-Warriors, despite playing with 0 spacing in OKC with Westbrook, Adams/Ibaka, Roberson and Waiters around him on the court. He got some pretty mediocre supporting casts to the West Finals.

And go look at the Hate KD is getting right now as well. Even with Harden out, people are acting as if their beatdown of the Bucks is not impressive and that he's playing with a superteam, even though the current Nets' roster without Harden is on par with the 2016/2017 Cavs rosters. Lebron stans really hate this dude.

StrongLurk
06-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Durant was better in 2019 and this year.

Bron was honestly amazing last year and the best player, which is crazy since he was 35. Durant was injured yes, but Bron was also injured in 2019 and this year.

Regardless, Durant is underrated because of two things. Tons of Lebron stans and his weak move going to Golden State. Durant is a top 10-12 talent of all time without a doubt.

nineiron
06-08-2021, 11:11 AM

Bron was honestly amazing last year and the best player, which is crazy since he was 35. Durant was injured yes, but Bron was also injured in 2019 and this year.

Regardless, Durant is underrated because of two things. Tons of Lebron stans and his weak move going to Golden State. Durant is a top 10-12 talent of all time without a doubt.

no he wasn't.

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 11:41 AM
no he wasn't.

he had another 30.0 per thru the finals at szn 17

you know how many other players ever did that once?

two.

mike twice
shaq once
bran six times

thats the whole list

FKAri
06-08-2021, 11:42 AM

There's more to it then that. He lacks bballiq and playmaking ability compared to any all time great perimeter player. That's a problem for some because in today's game being an on ball decision maker is far more valuable from your best player then at any point in history. Others consider it "not his job" if you view him as an old school SF/PF. I hear similar knocks on Kawhi. I'm personally on the "it's not their job" side of the argument. Lebron has warped people's views of what a superstar wing should be doing. Lebron's playmaking may be better but he is not as good a scorer. Though Lebron's certainly a better leader than them and that's always a great quality to have, regardless of the position.

Manny98
06-08-2021, 05:20 PM

This KD is the best in the world right now but LeBron was cleary better in 2017 and 2018

With equal supporting casts LeBron beats KD those years pretty easily

FireDavidKahn
06-08-2021, 05:39 PM

For sure.

One thing LeGOAT haters also have to realize is that Durant has played on stacked teams literally his entire career. He has never played on a team without talent.

LeCola
06-08-2021, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1D1PCVLCg

34-24 Footwork
06-08-2021, 08:24 PM

There's no debate. Lebron's played in his little Lebron Ball system which inflates his stats like Luka's, and it fooled many because he was making the Finals against weak competition (Lebron was the only 1st team All-NBA player out East, apart from Noah's 1 fluke year in 2014) from 2013-2018, while averaging his cute 30-pt triple-double numbers, but got outplayed by KD in the Finals by a wide margin. Durant got all the blame pre-Warriors, despite playing with 0 spacing in OKC with Westbrook, Adams/Ibaka, Roberson and Waiters around him on the court. He got some pretty mediocre supporting casts to the West Finals.

And go look at the Hate KD is getting right now as well. Even with Harden out, people are acting as if their beatdown of the Bucks is not impressive and that he's playing with a superteam, even though the current Nets' roster without Harden is on par with the 2016/2017 Cavs rosters. Lebron stans really hate this dude.

Logged in to cosign this. The media, even back in 2018, legit pressured KD into playing injured against the Raptors and washed their hands with it after he was injured. Media Made it seem like he came back 'selfishly' because he knew the Warriors "didn't need him" to win.

They hate KD waaaay more than anyone else. It's obvious. Everyone from Broussard to the randoms on the internet.

'Analysts' were just discussing how "Harden's role could undermine KD's legacy" or some shit before Harden went down.

With Harden's injury, And since every analyst claims said that Kyrie isn't a superstar, KD is on the verge of longdicking the Bucks by himself and role players...all while coming off of a career-ending surgery/injury.

Gonna be interesting in how the media spins this. Seems like they've set the bar EXTREMELY high for KD while claiming he isn't the best.

Weird.

SATAN
06-08-2021, 08:41 PM
Kevin Durant would not win shit with any team LeBron has had minus Miami. Having a sweet jump shot isn't enough.

You guys are unbelievable.

BigShotBob
06-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Kevin Durant would not win shit with any team LeBron has had minus Miami. Having a sweet jump shot isn't enough.

You guys are unbelievable.

I'd love to see Lebron win with Russell Westbrook, Ibaka, Steven Adams and Dion Waiters :oldlol:

StrongLurk
06-08-2021, 10:52 PM

Imagine thinking KD has been better than Lebron since 2014 :roll:

ImKobe SERIOUSLY hates that Lebron helped bring the Lakers a chip last year and won FMVP. He's a "lakers" fan, yet so obviously is seething that Lebron had success last year.

Durant underperformed in the playoffs pretty badly in 2014 compared to his regular season, missed a lot of 2015 due to injury and missed playoffs, then had another subpar 2016 playoffs compared to his 2016 regular season and ended up blowing a 3-1 lead to the Warriors, and then IMMEDIATELY joined the Warriors in the offseason.

I'm a big Durant advocate as far as his talent and skill, but literally nothing about his 2014-2016 playoff stretch was better than Lebron.

Durant 14-16 playoffs (missed 2015):
37 games, 21.5 PER, 55.6 TS%, 5.3 BPM, 2.8 VORP

Lebron 14-16 playoffs:
61 games, 28.7 PER, 56.7 TS%, 9.7 BPM, 7.2 VORP

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 10:57 PM

wrap it up :oldlol::oldlol:

Carbine
06-08-2021, 11:04 PM
I don't know about five years but I've thought Durant has been the best player in the league since joining GSW and really evolving his defensive side.

Last year withstanding due to injury.

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 11:16 PM
I don't know about five years but I've thought Durant has been the best player in the league since joining GSW and really evolving his defensive side.

Last year withstanding due to injury.

breaking: mvp caliber player joins 73 win team and makes them a little better

Carbine
06-08-2021, 11:37 PM
I never mentioned team success. It was all about Durant's growth as a defensive player.

But now that you mention it, I don't view the Pre Durant Warriors as some kind of untouchable team or juggernaut. They beat a seriously injured Cavs team twice and choked the biggest series lead in NBA finals history to a healthy Cavs.

Isn't there some long list of injuries to other playoff teams the Warriors played during that time frame as well to get out of the west to begin with?

3ball
06-09-2021, 12:21 AM
Durant is superior to Lebron all-time because he ELEVATES teammates - everyone plays amazing next to Durant's elite jumpshooting skill, while lebron's cast was complained about for 2 decades, even his hand-picked casts

And1AllDay
06-09-2021, 12:47 AM
Durant is superior to Jordan all-time because he ELEVATES teammates - everyone plays amazing next to Durant's elite jumpshooting skill, while Jordan's cast was complained about for 2 decades, even his hand-picked casts

sounds about right

aj1987
06-09-2021, 01:06 AM

Your posts incredibly mind numbingly retarded. I won't even get into all the autistic "points" that you tried to make, but I'll hit on a few.

You bring up no spacing on the Thunder teams, but fail to mention the Warriors having #1 GOAT and #2 GOAT 3pt shooters to help with spacing. A luxury LeBron NEVER had. Oh, and during KD's only MVP season, the Thunder were .03% worse than Miami from deep. When they made the Finals, they were .01% worse than the Heat. So much for that. :roll: :roll:

Then there's the FACT the LeBron put up better numbers than KD in the Finals while being guarded by Klay, KD, DPOY Green, and Iggy, meanwhile the LeBron was the Cavs' best defender. Everyone else was just straight up trash.

KD had the better RS in '14, LeBron was better than KD after. Not even up for a debate. Even KD would call you a retard for your take.

And1AllDay
06-09-2021, 01:07 AM
Your posts incredibly mind numbingly retarded. I won't even get into all the autistic "points" that you tried to make, but I'll hit on a few.

You bring up no spacing on the Thunder teams, but fail to mention the Warriors having #1 GOAT and #2 GOAT 3pt shooters to help with spacing. A luxury LeBron NEVER had. Oh, and during KD's only MVP season, the Thunder were .03% worse than Miami from deep. When they made the Finals, they were .01% worse than the Heat. So much for that. :roll: :roll:

Then there's the FACT the LeBron put up better numbers than KD in the Finals while being guarded by Klay, KD, DPOY Green, and Iggy, meanwhile the LeBron was the Cavs' best defender. Everyone else was just straight up trash.

KD had the better RS in '14, LeBron was better than KD after. Not even up for a debate. Even KD would call you a retard for your take.

king aj slayin the local tards

all is well :cheers:

BlackMamba8
06-09-2021, 01:18 AM

look at this stupid bronsexual :roll: I swear, your kind is weird....uneducated pieces of shit

3ball
06-09-2021, 01:38 AM
You bring up no spacing on the Thunder teams, but fail to mention the Warriors having #1 GOAT and #2 GOAT 3pt shooters to help with spacing. A luxury LeBron NEVER had

The biggest factor that causes inferior spacing is Lebron's lack of elite jumpshooting skill compared to the #1 options of opponents.

Lebron has losing records to superior shooters like Dirk, Curry, Pierce or KD - teammates play better alongside jumpshooters, so they have higher team ceilings and destroy lebron's spot-up shooting cast lol

KD had higher points and team assists, while lebron sacrificed team assists and ball movement for individual assists..

And Lebron was the only defender that let his man score more than 2 points above their regular season average in the 14', 15', 17', and 18' Finals... So only lebron played bad defense..

Lebron was horrible in the 2014 ECF (22 ppg) and also the Finals... His 28/4 in the Finals is the most empty stats in the history of basketball..

His 17 shots per game were blown away, so he doubled his shot attempts in 2015 Finals, which nearly beat a superior opponent.. Unfortunately, he shot/played like Iverson, and was Kukoc on defense, so he couldn't beat Curry like Kawhi

Spurs m8
06-09-2021, 02:49 AM
Durant is superior to Lebron all-time because he ELEVATES teammates - everyone plays amazing next to Durant's elite jumpshooting skill, while lebron's cast was complained about for 2 decades, even his hand-picked casts

look at this stupid bronsexual :roll: I swear, your kind is weird....uneducated pieces of shit

Yeah AJ is a trainwreck

ImKobe
06-09-2021, 03:51 AM

Lebron only played with the likes of Kyrie Irving, Mike Miller, Ray Allen and Kyle Korver. Tell me those guys aren't elite catch & shoot players and that they didn't bail Lebron out on multiple occasions.

False, Durant had the better Finals and was way more efficient when guarded by Lebron. He made the daggers in both Finals' series that sealed the deal. Irving outplayed Curry in 2017 but Lebron's god awful defense and inefficient scoring in the 2nd halves lost them those games.

Not only has Durant done well when James is guarding him, he’s been most effective this series with the superstar forward checking him: Durant is shooting 53 percent this series when guarded by players not named LeBron, compared to 62 percent when LeBron guards him.

LeBron James by Quarter This Series
Points FG Pct
1st 39 70%
2nd 25 71%
3rd 21 40%
4th 11 36%

KD almost took the Spurs to 7 games with worse shooting around him while Lebron got beat down by a record margin. I'm not giving Lebron the edge for making the Finals in one of the weakest EC in league history, he played the 43-win Bobcats, 44-win Nets and 56-win Pacers to make the Finals, none of those teams had a top 10 offense. The Bobcats and Pacers in fact had the 23rd and 24th ranked offenses in the league and the Nets were 14th, but were also 20th in DRTG.

Durant led the 2014 Playoffs in scoring with 30/9/4 averages to Lebron's 27/7/5 and beat better opponents - the 50-win Grizzlies and the 57-win Clippers (#1 offense, top 10 defense) and was a tougher out against the Spurs (lost in OT of Game 6), despite Westbrook sabotaging the series.

Nice try though.

StrongLurk
06-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Lebron only played with the likes of Kyrie Irving, Mike Miller, Ray Allen and Kyle Korver. Tell me those guys aren't elite catch & shoot players and that they didn't bail Lebron out on multiple occasions.

False, Durant had the better Finals and was way more efficient when guarded by Lebron. He made the daggers in both Finals' series that sealed the deal. Irving outplayed Curry in 2017 but Lebron's god awful defense and inefficient scoring in the 2nd halves lost them those games.

KD almost took the Spurs to 7 games with worse shooting around him while Lebron got beat down by a record margin. I'm not giving Lebron the edge for making the Finals in one of the weakest EC in league history, he played the 43-win Bobcats, 44-win Nets and 56-win Pacers to make the Finals, none of those teams had a top 10 offense. The Bobcats and Pacers in fact had the 23rd and 24th ranked offenses in the league and the Nets were 14th, but were also 20th in DRTG.

Durant led the 2014 Playoffs in scoring with 30/9/4 averages to Lebron's 27/7/5 and beat better opponents - the 50-win Grizzlies and the 57-win Clippers (#1 offense, top 10 defense) and was a tougher out against the Spurs (lost in OT of Game 6), despite Westbrook sabotaging the series.

Nice try though.

Quick bump for you ImKobe.

Lebron 14-16 playoffs:

Imaging thinking Durant was BETTER than Lebron since 2014. I could see someone making an argument that Durant REACHED Lebron's level in 2017, but even then it's a hard argument.

An objective NBA fan would look at the 2019 NBA season as a start for the Durant > Lebron Convo.

ImKobe
06-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Quick bump for you ImKobe.

Lebron 14-16 playoffs:

Imaging thinking Durant was BETTER than Lebron since 2014. I could see someone making an argument that Durant REACHED Lebron's level in 2017, but even then it's a hard argument.

An objective NBA fan would look at the 2019 NBA season as a start for the Durant > Lebron Convo.

2014: KD
2015: Lebron, KD injured
2016: Lebron
2017: KD
2018: KD
2019: KD, injured or it would have been a 3-Peat
2020: Lebron, KD injured
2021: KD

dankok8
06-09-2021, 01:29 PM
KD has played on better team offenses than Lebron in 7 out of 10 seasons from 2011. Here is a list of ORtg numbers.

MIA: 111.7
OKC: 111.2

MIA: 106.6
OKC: 109.8

MIA: 112.3
OKC: 112.4

MIA: 110.9
OKC: 110.5

CLE: 111.1
OKC: 107.8

CLE: 110.9
OKC: 113.1

CLE: 113.6
GSW: 115.6

CLE: 112.9
GSW: 113.6

LAL: 107.8
GSW: 115.9

LAL: 109.9
BKN: 118.3

People bring up the stacked Warriors but OKC from 2011 to 2016 had slightly better team offenses (average 110.8 ORtg) than the Miami and Cleveland teams with Lebron (average 110.6 ORtg). The only year in the entire 10-year stretch that Lebron's team had a significantly better offense was in 2015 when Durant got injured.

MadDog
06-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't say all that. But there have been years in-between where Durant was in fact better. After out-stacking LeBron in 2017, he left little doubt. I mean that's what it really comes down to. LeBron has played on better teams throughout his career which hide deficiencies in his skill. When the playing field is even, or if LeBron isn't favored, Durant outplays him.

Shooter
06-09-2021, 03:38 PM

https://direct.rhapsody.com/imageserver/images/alb.355420124/600x600.jpg

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExemplaryCheapCapybara-max-1mb.gif

BallsOut
06-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Water is wet. Basketball purists already know this. It's the ESPN geeks who like to pretend otherwise.

Lebron23
06-09-2021, 04:12 PM

Bro, you're almost 40. And you still say stuff like Bronsexual. Only a retarded Filipino Midget like yourself used that World.

BallsOut
06-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Bro, you're almost 40. And you still safe stuff like Bronsexual. Only a retarded Filipino Midget like yourself used that World.

What language is this guy speaking? :roll:

Lebron23
06-09-2021, 04:26 PM
What language is this guy speaking? :roll:
I just fixed it. I'll just report all of your useless posts.

aj1987
06-10-2021, 10:10 PM
Bruh, if you want to talk about bailouts, ask Jeff to change your name first. Your dude shot under 30% in the 4th Q's in two straight Finals? This isn't a discussion you want to have with that username. As for the the "bailouts", lets again have some context:

Kyrie Irving:

Game 7 - LeBron scored 11 of the Cavs' 18 points in the 4th Q. LeBron scored in one quarter nearly what Wilt averages for his CAREER in the Finals. After GSW went up 4, LeBron scored 6 straight points to keep the Cavs in the game. Scored 8 straight points at one point. Singlehandedly kept the Cavs in the game.

The four minute stretch? Neither team scored a SINGLE point until Kyrie made that incredible 3. LeBron also had the block and the game and title sealing FT in the end.

Kyrie scored 3/2/1 on 36% TS. He gets called the clutch god or whatever for making that one 3 when the game was tied. How the heck can you call LeBron a choker and Kyrie clutch AF, when it's not even close to being true?

Ray Allen:

Going back to the final shot of '13, LeBron was the one who made that possible. Dude scored 16 straight point for the Heat on 7/10 shooting in the 4th Q. Without LeBron hitting the 3, Allen's 3 would've been moot.

False, Durant had the better Finals and was way more efficient when guarded by Lebron. He made the daggers in both Finals' series that sealed the deal. Irving outplayed Curry in 2017 but Lebron's god awful defense and inefficient scoring in the 2nd halves lost them those games
Durant in the 2017 Finals - 35/8/5/1/2 on 70% TS%

LeBron in the 2017 Finals - 34/12/10/1/1 on 63% TS%

LeBron only scored 1 fewer point that LeBron while averaging 4 more rebounds and 5 more assists than KD.

Curry in the 2017 Finals - 26/8/9/2 on 62% TS%

Irving in the 2017 Finals - 29/4/4/1 on 56% TS%

How exactly did Kyrie outplay Curry? Curry was incredible in that series and would've been the FMVP, if he didn't have that horrific Game 4.

How is LeBron supposed to play defense when the rest of the team is hilariously bad defense? Love and Irving are two absolutely shit defenders. Hakeem is a good example. Dude is a GOAT level defender and when he made the First Team All-Def, his team was ranked 15th, because the rest of the team was trash defensively.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the '14 series, when the Thunder went to 6 games vs the Spurs?

Yeah, the 2008 Boston Celtics were taken to 7 games vs the Celtics, while Kobe got dusted in 6. Does that make '08 Joe Johnson a better player than '08 Kobe? See how that works?

Going back to that series, Miami were by FAR the oldest team in the league that season. Not even close. KD also had WB on this team putting up 27/6/7 with 3 steals a game on 54.4% TS%. KD was a -22 in G5 and -3 in G6. WB was a +11 in G6. KD had a much better team and he choked MASSIVELY. Lets not act like he had a monster series and carried the Thunder. Give LeBron a superstar teammate like WB and a decent supporting cast like KD had and he would take them further. KD was subpar.

In the 4th Q's vs the Spurs, BTW, KD had an EFG% of 39.5%. In the ONE OT that they had, KD went 0-3. KD

Nice try though.
Nice try, kid. Try not to get humiliated next time.

As for 3ball and the other retards, you're not worth my time.

kawhileonard2
06-10-2021, 10:32 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?489748-When-KD-and-Lebron-go-head-to-head

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 10:35 PM

/thread

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 10:52 PM
Bruh, if you want to talk about bailouts, ask Jeff to change your name first. Your dude shot under 30% in the 4th Q's in two straight Finals? This isn't a discussion you want to have with that username. As for the the "bailouts", lets again have some context:

Kyrie Irving:

Game 7 - LeBron scored 11 of the Cavs' 18 points in the 4th Q. LeBron scored in one quarter nearly what Wilt averages for his CAREER in the Finals. After GSW went up 4, LeBron scored 6 straight points to keep the Cavs in the game. Scored 8 straight points at one point. Singlehandedly kept the Cavs in the game.

The four minute stretch? Neither team scored a SINGLE point until Kyrie made that incredible 3. LeBron also had the block and the game and title sealing FT in the end.

Kyrie scored 3/2/1 on 36% TS. He gets called the clutch god or whatever for making that one 3 when the game was tied. How the heck can you call LeBron a choker and Kyrie clutch AF, when it's not even close to being true?

Ray Allen:

Going back to the final shot of '13, LeBron was the one who made that possible. Dude scored 16 straight point for the Heat on 7/10 shooting in the 4th Q. Without LeBron hitting the 3, Allen's 3 would've been moot.

Durant in the 2017 Finals - 35/8/5/1/2 on 70% TS%

LeBron in the 2017 Finals - 34/12/10/1/1 on 63% TS%

LeBron only scored 1 fewer point that LeBron while averaging 4 more rebounds and 5 more assists than KD.

Curry in the 2017 Finals - 26/8/9/2 on 62% TS%

Irving in the 2017 Finals - 29/4/4/1 on 56% TS%

How exactly did Kyrie outplay Curry? Curry was incredible in that series and would've been the FMVP, if he didn't have that horrific Game 4.

How is LeBron supposed to play defense when the rest of the team is hilariously bad defense? Love and Irving are two absolutely shit defenders. Hakeem is a good example. Dude is a GOAT level defender and when he made the First Team All-Def, his team was ranked 15th, because the rest of the team was trash defensively.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the '14 series, when the Thunder went to 6 games vs the Spurs?

Yeah, the 2008 Boston Celtics were taken to 7 games vs the Celtics, while Kobe got dusted in 6. Does that make '08 Joe Johnson a better player than '08 Kobe? See how that works?

Going back to that series, Miami were by FAR the oldest team in the league that season. Not even close. KD also had WB on this team putting up 27/6/7 with 3 steals a game on 54.4% TS%. KD was a -22 in G5 and -3 in G6. WB was a +11 in G6. KD had a much better team and he choked MASSIVELY. Lets not act like he had a monster series and carried the Thunder. Give LeBron a superstar teammate like WB and a decent supporting cast like KD had and he would take them further. KD was subpar.

In the 4th Q's vs the Spurs, BTW, KD had an EFG% of 39.5%. In the ONE OT that they had, KD went 0-3. KD

Nice try, kid. Try not to get humiliated next time.

As for 3ball and the other retards, you're not worth my time.

Low IQ only using FG% :kobe: .

Lebron was worse in the 4th quarter of Game 7 of the 2016 Finals than Kobe in his Game 7 in 2010 btw.

Lebron wasn't doing shit in that Game 7 4th quarter until the Warriors brought in Ezeli and he hits a 3 and gets fouled on another 3PT attempt for 6 quick points in the middle of it, Ezeli gets subbed out and never plays another NBA game.

Lebron was the one who made it possible for the Heat to be down 5 with 28 seconds to go in the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2013 Finals. He had 2 straight turnovers and bricked 2 out of 3 threes when it mattered and only made one of them because of an offensive rebound, the other 3 he bricked was saved by Bosh and went to Allen for the ATG shot. He was 2/7 with 4 TOs to finish that game in the last 4 minutes of the 4th + OT. Not a game to hang your hat on.

KD outplayed Lebron in both 2017 and 2018 Finals. You can post the raw averages all you want but KD was the better player when the games were close, Lebron did his part to stat-pad the averages to make it look like he could keep up, but Durant ate him up and was scoring at above 60%FG when James guarded him and hit daggers in his face in both series.

Kyrie outplayed Curry in that Game 3 where Durant hit the game-winner in Lebron's face, Lebron got blocked by Iggy and turned the ball over down 3 and that was the end of it.

Durant was better in 2014, simple as that. He beat better teams in the Playoffs. Lebron's inflated averages against the LEast and in blowout losses vs. Spurs don't make it an argument. Durant was the MVP and beat multiple 50+ win teams in the Playoffs while the only good team Lebron beat was ranked 23rd on offense.

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 11:18 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/GhhwTdmc/never-kd-never.png

kawhileonard2
06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
2015: Durant
2016: Durant
2017: Durant
2018: Durant
2019: Durant

aj1987
06-13-2021, 08:08 PM
Low IQ only using FG% :kobe: .
You really do not want to use TS% when it comes to LeBron vs Kobe. LeBron takes a massive steaming shit on Kobe.

Brick is at 51% TS% for hi career in the Finals, FYI.

Lebron was worse in the 4th quarter of Game 7 of the 2016 Finals than Kobe in his Game 7 in 2010 btw.
Brick was 1/4 from the field and 0/1 from deep in the 4th Q. A massive rig job got him 9 FT's. Even then, he had fewer points than LeBron did in the 4th Q of the '16 Finals. Lets not forget that LeBron also had the game saving block and single-handedly cut the Warriors' momentum.

Lebron wasn't doing shit in that Game 7 4th quarter until the Warriors brought in Ezeli and he hits a 3 and gets fouled on another 3PT attempt for 6 quick points in the middle of it, Ezeli gets subbed out and never plays another NBA game.
LeBron was 2/3 for 4 points before Ezeli entered the game. You forgot that, you autistic little turd. :oldlol:

LeBron, in fact, shot worse after that. How is going 2/3 for 4 points, in a couple of minutes not "doing shit"? It's that Brick turd IQ, I guess.

Also, LeBron missed two shots WITH Ezeli in the game. Two consecutive ones. After he got subbed out, neither team made a shot until Irving's 3. After that LeBron saved the game with his block and sealed the series with his FT's.

Since your dumbass couldn't comprehend all the FACTS, I'll repost it:

Lebron was the one who made it possible for the Heat to be down 5 with 28 seconds to go in the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2013 Finals. He had 2 straight turnovers and bricked 2 out of 3 threes when it mattered and only made one of them because of an offensive rebound, the other 3 he bricked was saved by Bosh and went to Allen for the ATG shot. He was 2/7 with 4 TOs to finish that game in the last 4 minutes of the 4th + OT. Not a game to hang your hat on.
You sure you want to bring that up and Bricks '10 G7 in the same post?

Allen's shot was only possible because of LeBron. LeBron literally carried the team in the 4th Q. The Heat were down 10 going into the 4th Q and LeBron went god mode in the 4th Q. Dude had 16 points in that Q. LeBron's 3 was also the only reason why Allen's 3 was possible. You're talking about Bosh "saving"? Bosh had 10 points and 12 shots that game. Not to mention the FACT that he let Timmy get 30/17 on 65% TS%. Bosh was absolute trash that game and in game 7 as well. In fact, dude was horrendous pretty much the entire PO run.

As for Allen, the GOAT 3pt shooter at that point, he was 0/2 on 3's before he hit the last one. Dude was just bad. He redeemed himself with that 3 though.

KD outplayed Lebron in both 2017 and 2018 Finals. You can post the raw averages all you want but KD was the better player when the games were close, Lebron did his part to stat-pad the averages to make it look like he could keep up, but Durant ate him up and was scoring at above 60%FG when James guarded him and hit daggers in his face in both series.
LMAO. LeBron puts up stats and it's statpadding. Anyone else and they're ATG players. The cognitive dissonance with you and your ilk is just mind numbing. Not really surprising, since you lot have a combined IQ of 6.

Again, as I said earlier, LeBron's teammates were absolute trash defensively. Not even remotely good. On the other hand, LeBron was being guarded by DPOY Green, Klay, KD, and Iggy.

As I said earlier:

Kyrie outplayed Curry in that Game 3 where Durant hit the game-winner in Lebron's face, Lebron got blocked by Iggy and turned the ball over down 3 and that was the end of it.
You said that Irving was better than Curry in the entire Finals that season, when it was Curry being better a fair bit. Irving was also a massive negative that game. He was -9 in a 5 point loss and LeBron was a +14. Let that sink in.

In all, Curry outplayed Irving significantly.

Durant was better in 2014, simple as that. He beat better teams in the Playoffs. Lebron's inflated averages against the LEast and in blowout losses vs. Spurs don't make it an argument. Durant was the MVP and beat multiple 50+ win teams in the Playoffs while the only good team Lebron beat was ranked 23rd on offense.
You haven't been watching basketball back then, I guess. LeBron was neck and neck with KD for MVP

No he wasn't. Yes, he was amazing in the RS. I'll give you that. However, LeBron was still a monster and the better player. In fact, LeBron was in the MVP conversation until about Feb, when KD pulled away.

As far as the team records, LeBron is the only player to beat a 70+ win team. In fact, he beat a 73 win team with ZERO All-Stars, ZERO All-NBA players, and ZERO All-Def players. I guess that makes him the GOAT. Lets also not forget that LeBron beat more 60 win teams that Kobe or 1-9, IIRC.

KD had a significantly better team that LeBron in that postseason that year. It's not even close. Yet, he massively under performed and had multiple chokes.

Shooter
06-13-2021, 09:10 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/GhhwTdmc/never-kd-never.png

2 ez
[/thread]

ImKobe
06-13-2021, 09:25 PM
You really do not want to use TS% when it comes to LeBron vs Kobe. LeBron takes a massive steaming shit on Kobe.

Like I said in the other thread, it's two different eras.

Lebron 2007 Finals - 22 ppg 42.8%TS
Lebron 2011 Finals - 17.8 ppg 54.1%TS
Lebron 2012 Finals - 28.6 ppg 55.6%TS
Lebron 2013 Finals - 25.3 ppg 52.3%TS
Lebron 2014 Finals - 28.2 ppg 67.9%TS - stat-padded in blowout losses down 15+ points, lost by a historic margin
Lebron 2015 Finals - 35.8 ppg 47.7%TS - 33 shots a game to average 35.8 ppg, 20 points on 7/22 FG in Game 4 at home with a chance to go up 3 - 1 in the series, Mozgov led all scorers with 28 :kobe:

aj1987
06-13-2021, 10:14 PM
Like I said in the other thread, it's two different eras.

Lebron 2007 Finals - 22 ppg 42.8%TS
Lebron 2011 Finals - 17.8 ppg 54.1%TS
Lebron 2012 Finals - 28.6 ppg 55.6%TS
Lebron 2013 Finals - 25.3 ppg 52.3%TS
Lebron 2014 Finals - 28.2 ppg 67.9%TS - stat-padded in blowout losses down 15+ points, lost by a historic margin
Lebron 2015 Finals - 35.8 ppg 47.7%TS - 33 shots a game to average 35.8 ppg, 20 points on 7/22 FG in Game 4 at home with a chance to go up 3 - 1 in the series, Mozgov led all scorers with 28 :kobe:

LeBron was purposefully slowing down the pace. You don't win against the Warriors (with a garbage ass team no less) playing run and gun ball. They're gonna out shoot you and destroy you. The Cavs would've lost in 4 straight blowouts if they played uptempo basketball.

He couldn't hand over the playmaking duties to others nor was he able to let others make decisions, because they're low IQ players. Shump and JR were terrible and can't create for others. Delly had a hard time bringing the ball up court. Actually, Shump is a below average playmaker, but the other two are worse than garbage.

The game in which Mozgov put up 28 points, the Cavs lost by 21 points. LeBron struggled shooting the ball, but he did have 20/12/8. 12 rebounds and 8 assists (oh wait, rebounds and assists only matter when it's Bird). Delly went 3-14, JR 2-12, Shump 2-9, JJ 0-3, etc.. A combined 18% FG%. Literally no one could hit a shot. To top it off, the Warriors went small and Moz couldn't guard anyone on the court. Bogut was benched and Green was playing at the C.

You're blaming LeBron for Moz not getting more involved in game 5 after the 28 point game, when in fact, the COACH played him 9 minutes. He played over 30 minutes in game 6 and LeBron got him involved. Dude put up 17/12/4.

For the series, the 3 guys who played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest minutes managed to score a combined 25.5 points on sub 40% TS. 29% FG% and 28% 3pt%.

LeBron James finished the 2015 NBA Finals with averages of 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 8.8 assists per game.

LeBron James is the first player in NBA Finals history to lead both teams in points, assists and rebounds for the entire series.

Without James on the floor, Cleveland’s field goal percentage dropped for 40% to 17%, and it’s offensive efficiency fell from 97.3 to 50.9.

According to Tom Haberstroh of ESPN, James accounted for 38.3% of Cleveland's points in the Finals, the second-highest percentage of team points in Finals history. He is edged only by Michael Jordan scoring 38.4% of the Bulls' points in the 1993 Finals, which Chicago won.

He was responsible for an average of 57.7 points per game on points he either scored or assisted on; which in turn, accounted for 62% of the Cavaliers’s points in the NBA Finals.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, by pulling the Elo Ratings for each team to make the NBA Finals before the series began, and taking into account a team’s home-court advantage, it was able to project each team’s chances of winning prior to the Finals. What was discovered was that James’ teams had the lowest expected winning percentage — 37% — out of any of the other players on this list. If you consider that James still managed to win two titles with those odds stacked against him, the four losses don’t seem so terrible. And if we look at the 2015 Finals by itself, we’ll realize that James did was pretty much unprecedented.

“If we look at a multi-year Statistical Plus/Minus talent projection for every NBA Finals team, this Cavs team ranks as the ninth-least talented NBA finalist since 1985. (By contrast, Cleveland’s opponents, the mighty Golden State Warriors, rank as the 14th-most talented.) Remove James, and things get even more dire; his supporting cast ranks as the third-worst team carried by its best player to the NBA Finals since 1985.”

If you were to take James’s talent rating (6.6) and replace it with that of the league-average player (0.0), the Cavaliers’s talent rating would dwindle to -0.1. So what the King ended up doing was carrying one of the three-worst supporting casts in NBA history to within two games of a championship. Of course, what we forgot to mention was that FiveThirtyEight also determined that these Golden State Warriors finished the year with the second-highest peak Elo Rating (1822) in NBA history and third-highest Composite Elo Rating of all time (1796), making them one of the best basketball teams ever. And what James did against them remarkable.

When LeBron was NOT on the floor, JR Smith, Matthew Dellavedova, James Jones and Iman Shumpert DID NOT MAKE A SHOT in the NBA Finals

Without LeBron James on the floor this series.

JR Smith 0/9 FG
Delly 0/7 FG
J. Jones 0/3 FG
Shumpert 0/2 FG
Total 0/21 FG

Even with eras in context, LeBron shits on Kobe when it comes to TS%. Kobe is at 51% for his career. :roll: :roll: :roll: