1st pick Ayton over Luka

10th pick Bridges over Porter Jr.

CP3
Booker
Luka
Porter Jr.
Anybody! LOL.

:banana:

Would they beat a 100% healthy Nets team?

highwhey
06-08-2021, 12:51 PM
retarded take. Drafting Luka would almost mean Booker being gone and Porter Jr was seen as a massive risk given his injury history. Nuggets were in a prime position to take a big risk in MPJ, whereas the Suns were pressed for time to put together a competitive team as Booker wasn't going to stay content with the current state of the team. Plus, the better fit was Ayton and still is. Obviously Luka is one hell of a player, but you have zero understanding of what a front office bent on risk-averse decisions must do to improve their time while their back is to the wall.

You don't alienate your best player and make risky picks when you're desperate to form a competitive team. Well, not if you care about your job. Desperation can result in catastrophic situations, or if you stick to the overall vision, it can result in a competitive team as are the Suns.

Bridges is an excellent defender and significantly better than MPJ. His offense is coming along, may never be as good a shooter as MPJ but his 3nD is another excellent fit to the team needs.

This isn't NBA 2K, but then again, the maturity level of you people and lack of basketball knowledge is laughable.

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 12:52 PM
retarded take. Drafting Luka would almost mean Booker being gone and Porter Jr was seen as a massive risk given his injury history. Nuggets were in a prime position to take a big risk in MPJ, whereas the Suns were pressed for time to put together a competitive team as Booker wasn't going to stay content with the current state of the team. Plus, the better fit was Ayton and still is. Obviously Luka is one hell of a player, but you have zero understanding of what a front office bent on risk-averse decisions must do to improve their time while their back is to the wall.

You don't alienate your best player and make risky picks when you're desperate to form a competitive team. Well, not if you care about your job. Desperation can result in catastrophic situations, or if you stick to the overall vision, it can result in a competitive team as are the Suns.

Bridges is an excellent defender and significantly better than MPJ. His offense is coming along, may never be as good a shooter as MPJ but his 3nD is another excellent fit to the team needs.

This isn't NBA 2K, but then again, the maturity level of you people and lack of basketball knowledge is laughable.

high IQ whey back at it :cheers:

Charlie Sheen
06-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Lets revisit the 2019 draft when all of the experts on Twitter blasted the Cam Johnson pick?

highwhey
06-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Lets revisit the 2019 draft when all of the experts on Twitter blasted the Cam Johnson pick?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4d0b86d4846a6ba4f27b745e5f96e74a/tenor.gif?itemid=19853436

Dbrog
06-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Would've lost to the Lakers without Ayton. This thread confuses me

highwhey
06-08-2021, 01:06 PM
high IQ whey back at it :cheers:

:cheers:

Ca$H
06-08-2021, 02:05 PM

In 2018 Igor Kokoskov was the head coach of the Phoenix Suns. He coached Doncic with the Slovenian national team. No excuses. MPJ was a risk but I would rather take a home run swing on a potential all star who was projected to go in the top 3 before injury instead of a 3 and D role player.

highwhey
06-08-2021, 04:15 PM
In 2018 Igor Kokoskov was the head coach of the Phoenix Suns. He coached Doncic with the Slovenian national team. No excuses. MPJ was a risk but I would rather take a home run swing on a potential all star who was projected to go in the top 3 before injury instead of a 3 and D role player.

how did coaching turn out for igor? so that's irrelevant. your theoritical lineup of cp3/book/luka is irrelevant too because those 3 would not be together, not the way things work.

and mpj is amazing, i was there last night, he cannot miss. strong, athletic and is automatic from anywhere on the court. but he cannot defend to save his life.

mpj=19ppg
mikal=13ppg while defending the opponents best wing player and shooting 42% from 3pt...

mikal is the better fit on this team as he often takes on the most demanding defensive assignment that is a perimeter player.

and this team would not have made the playoffs without ayton.

highwhey
06-08-2021, 04:17 PM

glad to see common sense is still alive on this forum

Ca$H
06-08-2021, 06:00 PM
how did coaching turn out for igor? so that's irrelevant. your theoritical lineup of cp3/book/luka is irrelevant too because those 3 would not be together, not the way things work.

and mpj is amazing, i was there last night, he cannot miss. strong, athletic and is automatic from anywhere on the court. but he cannot defend to save his life.

mpj=19ppg
mikal=13ppg while defending the opponents best wing player and shooting 42% from 3pt...

mikal is the better fit on this team as he often takes on the most demanding defensive assignment that is a perimeter player.

and this team would not have made the playoffs without ayton.

The point is he knew Luka would be a stud and he wanted the Suns to draft him. His poor coaching is irrelevant to his skills as a talent evaluator. The Suns could have traded for someone like Steven Adams instead of CP3 for a better fit. MPJ at his peak imo will average 25 PPG. The best is yet to come.

Luka
Booker
Crowder
MPJ
Adams

elementally morale
06-08-2021, 06:12 PM

I think you were right in everything you said. On the other hand: what makes you so angry about someone else's hot (and not so good) take? This board is full of: retard, idiot, dipshit and babyboi remarks. Some of the time they are well deserved. But these days if someone has a different opinion they don't say: I disagree. Instead: you are an idiot. Ok, I'm getting used to it... nevermind. (Don't bother posting a reply: 'You are an idiot.' I know.)

highwhey
06-08-2021, 06:16 PM
I think you were right in everything you said. On the other hand: what makes you so angry about someone else's hot (and not so good) take? This board is full of: retard, idiot, dipshit and babyboi remarks. Some of the time they are well deserved. But these days if someone has a different opinion they don't say: I disagree. Instead: you are an idiot. Ok, I'm getting used to it... nevermind. (Don't bother posting a reply: 'You are an idiot.' I know.)

i still can't gauge if OP is trolling or not. there posters on this forum who discuss basketball (or other topics) with a serious intention...then there are trolls that just start threads because of an agenda. i guess that's why i am aggressive to OP, i am thinking of him as a troll.

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 06:16 PM

rim protector
efficient scorer
rebounding

bingo

And1AllDay
06-08-2021, 06:18 PM
i still can't gauge if OP is trolling or not. there posters on this forum who discuss basketball (or other topics) with a serious intention...then there are trolls that just start threads because of an agenda. i guess that's why i am aggressive to OP, i am thinking of him as a troll.

op is lowwwww iq to a fault

he thought he was being 'sm4rt'

elementally morale
06-08-2021, 06:21 PM

You may be right. BTW, I think the board has gotten a bit better in the last year or so. Early on back in the EZboard days it was civil with very long threads and comments. (No youtube and no league pass... so it was basically text and some pics.) The best years for me for the 2001-2010 years. After that a new generation came and trolling became prevalent. It got worse and worse. I may be imagining things but it shows signs of improvement lately. (Now only 60% of screennames are trolls. We were above 80% at some point.)

highwhey
06-08-2021, 06:23 PM
The point is he knew Luka would be a stud and he wanted the Suns to draft him. His poor coaching is irrelevant to his skills as a talent evaluator. The Suns could have traded for someone like Steven Adams instead of CP3 for a better fit. MPJ at his peak imo will average 25 PPG. The best is yet to come.

Luka
Booker
Crowder
MPJ
Adams

crowder is only on the suns because CP3 lured him here.

it doesn't even matter to me if this conversation continues, you know what does matter? that the suns are in the playoffs and the mavericks are not. luka is clearly a top 10 player, but the suns followed their vision and have built a competitive team.

highwhey
06-08-2021, 06:26 PM
You may be right. BTW, I think the board has gotten a bit better in the last year or so. Early on back in the EZboard days it was civil with very long threads and comments. (No youtube and no league pass... so it was basically text and some pics.) The best years for me for the 2001-2010 years. After that a new generation came and trolling became prevalent. It got worse and worse. I may be imagining things but it shows signs of improvement lately. (Now only 60% of screennames are trolls. We were above 80% at some point.)

there has been more recent "basketball" discussion as opposed to lebron threads, but i agree with you that after 2010 the trolling intensified. probably because jeff gave up on moderating the forum, not that he was super hands on but he used to give somewhat of a shit, now he just gave up completely.

elementally morale
06-08-2021, 06:33 PM
there has been more recent "basketball" discussion as opposed to lebron threads, but i agree with you that after 2010 the trolling intensified. probably because jeff gave up on moderating the forum, not that he was super hands on but he used to give somewhat of a shit, now he just gave up completely.

Partly Jeff.

Partly the polarizing nature of both Kobe and LeBron playing (at a high level) and opposing fanbases (with many many really young people) which lead to a few alts... and then more alts... and then trolling all over the place. It will get better once LeBron is irrelevant enough. After him no superstars of his or Kobe's magnitude. It will help more interesting discussion (and give headaches at the Marketing Division of the NBA).

highwhey
06-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Partly Jeff.

Partly the polarizing nature of both Kobe and LeBron playing (at a high level) and opposing fanbases (with many many really young people) which lead to a few alts... and then more alts... and then trolling all over the place. It will get better once LeBron is irrelevant enough. After him no superstars of his or Kobe's magnitude. It will help more interesting discussion (and give headaches at the Marketing Division of the NBA).

I would put Luka in the same magnitude of Kobe/Bron (at least that's where he seems to be headed), but so far he hasn't gotten an annoying fanbase like those 2 other players. hopefully it stays that way,

CTbasketball92
06-08-2021, 06:41 PM

Honestly, if you lose Devin Booker than so be it lmaoo. Whenever you can draft the next Magic Johnson or Larry Bird or LeBron, you do it and screw everything else. Also, Booker is a decent shooter and could play off ball some. Basically Luka is like a bigger CP3. They would've made the playoffs last year. They might even contend honestly.

elementally morale
06-08-2021, 06:51 PM
Honestly, if you lose Devin Booker than so be it lmaoo. Whenever you can draft the next Magic Johnson or Larry Bird or LeBron, you do it and screw everything else. Also, Booker is a decent shooter and could play off ball some. Basically Luka is like a bigger CP3. They would've made the playoffs last year. They might even contend honestly.

I think Luka surprised many people. He sure surprised me. I thought he has a chance of becoming good. But not this fast and not nearly this good. I think there were many such people. Ayton looked like a much safer bet at the time. You couldn't really know if Luka is Darko 2.0 or Rubio or Gallo or... Luka. Okay. you may have thought a better Rubio. But not this good. (Trae Young also surprised me. And Jokic... beyond belief.)