PDA

View Full Version : Does Cuban or Donnie Nelson honestly think they can get an "american" star?

90sgoat
06-08-2021, 08:25 PM
Americans don't want to play in Dallas.

I think the reason Mavs have failed in free agency for 20 years is because Cuban and Nellie want an american star like Dwight Howard.

I'm sitting here watching Gallo drain 3 pointers for Hawks and I'm thinking how lame Mavs are to not go after one of the many, many good euros in the league.

Bogdanovich+Gallo = rings for Mavs.

Could have had em.

Could have offered a contract to Jonas Valanciuanas. Could have gotten Enes Kanter for nothing from Knicks. Could have gotten Aaron Baynes, Goran Dragic.

Instead Cuban and Donnie want to go for the biggest american stars every year and every year they get snubbed and sign shit players.

FultzNationRISE
06-08-2021, 08:28 PM
They still have a good chance at a chip next year if they can find a way to trade for Bron this offseason.

LeCola
06-08-2021, 08:31 PM
They still have a good chance at a chip next year if they can find a way to trade for Bron this offseason.

Doncic + Porzingis for Lebron

Sounds good deal for GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

90sgoat
06-08-2021, 08:38 PM

Bron can play corner decoy.

red1
06-08-2021, 08:57 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/f7354b8c66dcf774a0cd75d1806e0d56/tenor.gif

FultzNationRISE
06-08-2021, 09:05 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/f7354b8c66dcf774a0cd75d1806e0d56/tenor.gif

:djparty

#StriveForGreatness

red1
06-08-2021, 09:08 PM
:djparty

#StriveForGreatness

Im thinking of changing my username to dabigsalsisha. I dont think that username is taken yet.

you can go for that username if you want it too. I'll just use lebigsalsisha.

julizaver
06-09-2021, 03:49 AM
Americans don't want to play in Dallas.

I think the reason Mavs have failed in free agency for 20 years is because Cuban and Nellie want an american star like Dwight Howard.

I'm sitting here watching Gallo drain 3 pointers for Hawks and I'm thinking how lame Mavs are to not go after one of the many, many good euros in the league.

Bogdanovich+Gallo = rings for Mavs.

Could have had em.

Could have offered a contract to Jonas Valanciuanas. Could have gotten Enes Kanter for nothing from Knicks. Could have gotten Aaron Baynes, Goran Dragic.

Instead Cuban and Donnie want to go for the biggest american stars every year and every year they get snubbed and sign shit players.

I think Mavs will make the right adjustments - they try the last two years and make the playoffs. Now is the time for the next step. Last season they were NBA best offensive team, but defensively they were bad, this year they were more balanced and they got a real chance of knocking down the Clippers with 2:0 and 20 point lead early in the Game 3, they've got a 3:2 lead but crumbled in the deciding moments. So it is some sort of upgrade. This offseason with 1-2 additional pieces and Luka hitting his prime years (more matured and efficient) the future looks bright.

90sgoat
06-09-2021, 04:50 AM
I think Mavs will make the right adjustments - they try the last two years and make the playoffs. Now is the time for the next step. Last season they were NBA best offensive team, but defensively they were bad, this year they were more balanced and they got a real chance of knocking down the Clippers with 2:0 and 20 point lead early in the Game 3, they've got a 3:2 lead but crumbled in the deciding moments. So it is some sort of upgrade. This offseason with 1-2 additional pieces and Luka hitting his prime years (more matured and efficient) the future looks bright.

Letting Seth Curry go was a huge mistake.

He is a bad defender sure, but the bad defense last year was mostly on Luka and THJ.

Luka is much improved on defense this year.

dirkdiggler41
06-09-2021, 05:36 AM
Letting Seth Curry go was a huge mistake.

He is a bad defender sure, but the bad defense last year was mostly on Luka and THJ.

Luka is much improved on defense this year.

I sort of agree but remember that the Mavs could not play Luka and Seth Curry at the same time. The reason why it works with the Sixers is that Green and Simmons guard the best players while they hide Curry. Also, Richardson is an expiring contract if he does not use his player option. That gives the Mavs more cap space for this years free agency or for taking big contracts.

90sgoat
06-09-2021, 05:43 AM
I sort of agree but remember that the Mavs could not play Luka and Seth Curry at the same time. The reason why it works with the Sixers is that Green and Simmons guard the best players while they hide Curry. Also, Richardson is an expiring contract if he does not use his player option. That gives the Mavs more cap space for this years free agency or for taking big contracts.

The thing is, that Mavs could not guard the Clips with man defense either, but played with a zone.

We don't know if Curry could play the zone, my guess is yes.

If Mavs hadn't let Curry go, they wouldn't have needed to desperately go for Reddick and Melli and could have found some better defenders.

Honestly, I think Nellie is to be commended for signing euros, but his judgement in american talent is trash.

Which makes me think he isn't that good and Mavs just have some good euro scouts.

In any case, Curry was pretty obviously having a career year last season, on the verge of a breakout. I bet he'd look real good this season with improved Doncic.

Spain_
06-09-2021, 07:03 AM
The thing is, that Mavs could not guard the Clips with man defense either, but played with a zone.

We don't know if Curry could play the zone, my guess is yes.

If Mavs hadn't let Curry go, they wouldn't have needed to desperately go for Reddick and Melli and could have found some better defenders.

Honestly, I think Nellie is to be commended for signing euros, but his judgement in american talent is trash.

Which makes me think he isn't that good and Mavs just have some good euro scouts.

In any case, Curry was pretty obviously having a career year last season, on the verge of a breakout. I bet he'd look real good this season with improved Doncic.

Besides Luka, most of their Euros arent that good.
And Luka was a consensus top 5 pick its not like it was some genius daimond in the rough like Dirk was.

90sgoat
06-09-2021, 07:36 AM
Besides Luka, most of their Euros arent that good.

Boban and Maxi are good pieces, if overpaid.

Real Men Wear Green
06-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Americans don't want to play in Dallas. Anyone that knows about the Dallas Cowboys knows that this is wrong. American football doesn't have a more popular free agent destination. Dallas has warm weather plenty of nightlife and no or low taxes. They just need to create a huge cap space situation without losing Doncic and they will be a contender after two more superstars collude

90sgoat
06-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Anyone that knows about the Dallas Cowboys knows that this is wrong. American football doesn't have a more popular free agent destination. Dallas has warm weather plenty of nightlife and no or low taxes. They just need to create a huge cap space situation without losing Doncic and they will be a contender after two more superstars collude

Ok, so maybe it's that black american stars don't want to be second fiddle to Dirk/Luka?

Axe
06-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Need moar help

Real Men Wear Green
06-09-2021, 10:16 AM
Ok, so maybe it's that black american stars don't want to be second fiddle to Dirk/Luka?
You are replacing one stupid assumption with another. Noritake played with Mike Finley, Antoine Walker, Antwan Jamison, Nick Van Exel and others. And it's still far too early in Doncic career to say who will or won't play with him. Your idiot racist agenda should at least be given some thought.