PDA

View Full Version : Glory whore Wade is at it again

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 10:50 AM
Dude became part owner of the Jazz to run on the floor and act like a clown in order to relive his playing days again. Pretty sad. It's not about you, Wade! Get your ass to the private suites and let the kids have their fun! Lol

He's so cringey.

Airupthere
06-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Lol right. Why personally advertise that you are "giving back".

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Lol right. Why personally advertise that you are "giving back".

So cringey. He thinks he's an A list celebrity

FultzNationRISE
06-09-2021, 10:56 AM
The Cube™ premieres this Wednesday on TNT.

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 10:57 AM

Lol

Pip' N Rodman
06-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Wade has always been a fraud

rawimpact
06-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Wade spent a good amount of time in Miami

It's not unexpected that he feeds off attention/staying relevant.

I didn't watch the game, but what made you think he was clowning? I saw the part where he was trying to give Mitchell some advise which he just ignored/never acknowledged

Nilocon165
06-09-2021, 11:03 AM
His wife’s just as bad when it comes to attention, surprised her and Ayesha don’t hang out more

Hey Yo
06-09-2021, 11:10 AM

I didn't watch the game, but what made you think he was clowning? I saw the part where he was trying to give Mitchell some advise which he just ignored/never acknowledged

I saw that also and was thinking ... why is Wade courtside givin advice to Mitchell?? Should have told Wade to get the hell away from him.

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 11:12 AM

That's pretty bad right there and just the cheerleading and shit. Owners are supposed to chill

Fully expecting Wade to jump on the broadcast table soon

Ghost1
06-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Ayo Donny, free stretching session at my hotel if you win ;)

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-09-2021/G4oakE.gif

Nilocon165
06-09-2021, 11:15 AM
That's pretty bad right there and just the cheerleading and shit. Owners are supposed to chill
Idk I think it’d be nice to know that the owners actually care and have your back as opposed to someone like Tillman

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Idk I think it’d be nice to know that the owners actually care and have your back as opposed to someone like Tillman

They care by taking care of their franchise and putting out good teams, not posing for the camera and undermining the coaching staff. What are the coaches going to say to the owner? Gtfoh? Lol

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2021, 11:51 AM

lmao Mitch like gtfoh

999Guy
06-09-2021, 12:09 PM
This is a guy who robbed AG of dunk contest trophy just for controversy. I guarantee he didn’t even give a **** about DJJ.

Wade might be the only former player I really dislike. I can’t even think of another one close.

SouBeachTalents
06-09-2021, 12:19 PM
:oldlol:

Proctor
06-09-2021, 01:30 PM
Talk to me nice!

ZenMaster7210
06-09-2021, 01:34 PM

:oldlol::roll:

Mr. Jabbar
06-09-2021, 02:06 PM
i read this as "Glory Hole Lebron is at it again"

BIG difference

Joey Turnbuckle
06-09-2021, 02:19 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-buys-ownership-stake-in-jazz-for-me-this-is-an-opportunity-to-grow/

Over the course of his NBA career, Dwyane Wade became synonymous with the Miami Heat. He played for the franchise for 15 years, helped propel them to three championships, and is widely considered to be the greatest player in team history. In retirement though, Wade will be associated with another organization, as the 2006 Finals MVP has purchased an ownership stake in the Utah Jazz, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Wade's exact stake in the franchise isn't known at this time.

Along with majority owner Ryan Smith, Wade plans to take an active role in the franchise and area of Utah. Moving into ownership was a logical next step from Wade, who has long been interested in the business side of basketball, and has seen other former players make successful moves into ownership.

"This goes way beyond the dream I had to just play basketball in the NBA," Wade said of the move. "I've seen Shaq do it in Sacramento. I've seen Grant Hill do it in Atlanta. I've seen [Michael] Jordan do it in Charlotte. If this partnership is going to be anything like my relationship is with Ryan, there are going to be a lot of things that I'll want to be involved in.

"... Unfortunately, people in my community don't get this opportunity, and I do not take it lightly to have this opportunity," Wade added. "To make real change, this is where you have to be -- at the top -- and Ryan knows that. I'm thankful for him, and I know too that I bring a lot to this partnership outside of just my basketball knowledge and skills."

"We're not running away from the racial and social and LGBTQ conversations," Wade said. "I'm committed to doing the work. I talk about the LGBTQ community, which everyone knows is important to me. My daughter is part of that community... I don't look at this as only a Utah Jazz relationship. I look at this as a relationship that's multifaceted -- business, basketball, me being able to bring Ryan into my world just as he's bringing me into his world."

So 1% of Jazz is valued at 16.6 million... so Wade might own 5% if that?

He wants to be highly involved in decision making though as if his stake is enough to have a say.

And he wants to bring LGBTQ and racism to the table... what a huge contribution. A state of white mormons must be thrilled!

DoctorP
06-09-2021, 03:00 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/9a6d1c3c245746dbd5eb5738be2c82c6/tenor.gif

FultzNationRISE
06-09-2021, 03:13 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-buys-ownership-stake-in-jazz-for-me-this-is-an-opportunity-to-grow/

Over the course of his NBA career, Dwyane Wade became synonymous with the Miami Heat. He played for the franchise for 15 years, helped propel them to three championships, and is widely considered to be the greatest player in team history. In retirement though, Wade will be associated with another organization, as the 2006 Finals MVP has purchased an ownership stake in the Utah Jazz, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Wade's exact stake in the franchise isn't known at this time.

Along with majority owner Ryan Smith, Wade plans to take an active role in the franchise and area of Utah. Moving into ownership was a logical next step from Wade, who has long been interested in the business side of basketball, and has seen other former players make successful moves into ownership.

"This goes way beyond the dream I had to just play basketball in the NBA," Wade said of the move. "I've seen Shaq do it in Sacramento. I've seen Grant Hill do it in Atlanta. I've seen [Michael] Jordan do it in Charlotte. If this partnership is going to be anything like my relationship is with Ryan, there are going to be a lot of things that I'll want to be involved in.

"... Unfortunately, people in my community don't get this opportunity, and I do not take it lightly to have this opportunity," Wade added. "To make real change, this is where you have to be -- at the top -- and Ryan knows that. I'm thankful for him, and I know too that I bring a lot to this partnership outside of just my basketball knowledge and skills."

"We're not running away from the racial and social and LGBTQ conversations," Wade said. "I'm committed to doing the work. I talk about the LGBTQ community, which everyone knows is important to me. My daughter is part of that community... I don't look at this as only a Utah Jazz relationship. I look at this as a relationship that's multifaceted -- business, basketball, me being able to bring Ryan into my world just as he's bringing me into his world."

Didn't Wade get swindled for a bunch of his money by a business partner during his career? I could swear I read Wade had fairly significant financial issues at some point.

Buying into a team, even as a small stakeholder, isn't cheap. Makes you wonder if much wealthier people are basically buying Wade in on their behalf, and using him to push their agenda.