anyone here ever remember magic fans bragging about 83, 84, 89 or 91

or bird fans bragging about 85 or 87

or kobe fans bragging about 04 or 08

or Durant fans bragging about 2012 and 2019

or Jerry west ever doing this...

https://i.ibb.co/3WfFc16/Screenshot-20210610-011049-Gallery.jpg

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 01:15 AM
if lebron fans actually thought any of his 4 rings were special they would drop the whole "count the finals appearances" shtick. its literally never been used before by anyone lol

Smoke117
06-10-2021, 01:16 AM
Lebron > Kobrick.

/thread

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 01:17 AM
if lebron fans actually thought any of his 4 rings were special they would drop the whole "count the finals appearances" shtick. its literally never been used before by anyone lol

Exactly lol

Hey boys...how about that sweep? It was awesome

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 01:20 AM
Lebron > Kobrick.

/thread

no I'm being serious. I just now realized the only people that talk about finals losses are fans of guys like Iverson, barkley, Malone etc...

you hear it from them all the time.. "Iverson took a game from the Lakers!!!!"

its funny cause that would mean lebron fans have their guy on that level. even they don't believe in his rings

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 01:45 AM
I just noticed nobody is touching this thread.. kinda like how nobody can touch lebrons 6 finals loser trophies

I think teams send those silver ball things to charities so they can cut them in half and use them as chip bowls for over crowded orphanages

SouBeachTalents
06-10-2021, 02:01 AM
I agree with OP, esp when you factor in how bad the East was during his Finals runs. But the opposite is just as bad, people pretending losing the Finals is actually a bad thing for a players legacy or even worse than losing in the first round or missing the playoffs.

Barring a bad conference, making the Finals should be seen as a good accomplishment, but obv far less of one than winning a championship

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 02:07 AM
I agree with OP, esp when you factor in how bad the East was during his Finals runs. But the opposite is just as bad, people pretending losing the Finals is actually a bad thing for a players legacy or even worse than losing in the first round or missing the playoffs.

Barring a bad conference, making the Finals should be seen as a good accomplishment, but obv far less of one than winning a championship

its really about context. if youre not favored and you're not on a superteam then you get a pass if you play well I guess

however.. the only times lebron lost in the finals without his super team was 2007 when he shit the bed, 2015 when he shot like 30% outside the paint and 2018 when he quit OT of game 1, then quit game 3 and the elimination game 4..

kobe and a non allstar gasol went up against a big 3 superteam Boston Celtics in 2008 and I still take it as an embarrassment and a stain on kobes legacy. why? because kobe should have closed them out in that game they were up big. he didn't play well enough to absolve himself of blame.

lebron has 6 major stains on his legacy in the finals and there's nothing his fans can say to cover them up

Lebron23
06-10-2021, 02:26 AM
Lebron is better than Kobe. Kobe is the worst finals performer among the top 12 players of all time. I doubt he can win a championship in 2017 and 2018 even if you put a 32 and 33 years old Kobe on that Cavaliers team.

red1
06-10-2021, 06:06 AM
4 finals MVPs in the modern era. that was all it took to complete the legacy right there. hence quatro.

that broke the tie with magic shaq and duncan at 3 finals MVPs.

I actually agree. the finals appearances arent as impressive.

Kblaze8855
06-10-2021, 08:11 AM

Nobody ever had making the finals and losing considered something that makes their career worse than before either but this is an era of manufactured standards.

SpaceJam
06-10-2021, 08:46 AM
answer

ELITEpower23
06-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Your thread is dumb for too many reasons to list but I'll just pick it apart with two simple comments.

-People use a Finals loss against LBJ as if first round exits aren't 10x worse, thereby attempting to defy logic

-None of those players made 10 Finals and 8 in a row so they have no clue what that takes

So you're essentially asking "Why didn't Bird fans brag about Finals appearances like LBJ fans?"

Bird made 5.
MJ made 6

LeBron made 10. Not even in the same galaxy.

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 10:09 AM
Nobody ever had making the finals and losing considered something that makes their career worse than before either but this is an era of manufactured standards.

wrong. kobe got shit for losing in the finals plus not winning finals mvp every time ... thats why people disqualified him from ever becoming better than Mike.

that's why the argument started really. because before kobe and lebron nobody was chasing perfection. now they are. that's the standard. that's the new bar. before MJ losing in the finals was ok because every legend had done it. MJ changed the standard for being GOAT. so because his fans compare him to MJ and not a more.suitable guy like magic.. he gets sh*t on for having 6 finals losses. and the next guy who chases MJ will be put under the same criteria. its nothing unique to lebron. people say Durant has no shot at goat either.

a finals loss to a guy like Jimmy butler isn't bad. that's his standards. that's his place in history. that wasn't supposed to be lebrons. he's supposed to be the goat. at least that's what his dumba** fans keep saying

Ne 1
06-10-2021, 11:23 AM
I remember seeing MJ fans brag about 63 points in a game during a first round sweep. I've seen them brag about their guy winning MVP, DPOY, scoring champ, all-star MVP and Slam dunk champ all in one season, a season he was bounced 2nd round after dropping off nearly 20ppg from the previous playoff series.

bullettooth
06-10-2021, 11:26 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/MHWzpgk7/lebron-6-losses-gauntlet.jpg

Stanley Kobrick
06-10-2021, 11:28 AM
remember when they tried to praise stephen curry for losing to ja morant in the play in game with hca

MadDog
06-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Finals appearances should only be hyped if they're carry jobs. Or if the actual team has no business being there.

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 11:44 AM
Finals appearances should only be hyped if they're carry jobs. Or if the actual team has no business being there.

yep,

1st rd exits are way better

legacy savers

i know real winners lose early :applause:

MadDog
06-10-2021, 11:51 AM
yep,

1st rd exits are way better

legacy savers

i know real winners lose early :applause:

Cool straw-man. Obviously making the finals is better than a 1st round. The former isn't celebrated like a championship though. Not even close. Why does your ilk treat an appearance like a ring? :confusedshrug:

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Cool straw-man. Obviously making the finals is better than a 1st round. The former isn't celebrated like a championship though. Not even close. Why does your ilk treat an appearance like a ring? :confusedshrug:

mike quit the league after 3 straight finals showings

he needed a break from the toll on his mind and body

and he did it twice

but the true goat bran made....

8 inna row

its levels.to this

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 11:56 AM

Finals appearances should matter if you beat another great team & a great player on the way there. In Lebron's case, he rarely ever did out East. 2012 Celtics might be the closest one, but that team had no business contending for a title with a 27th ranked offense. He rarely faced any great offensive teams or First Team All-NBA players in the Eastern Conference because they were either on his team or out West. Last year, he beat some great players out West but Dame got injured in the 1st round and the Blazers & Rockets were not title contenders and Davis was the best player in all 3 series and shut down Jokic + averaged 31 ppg on 67%TS and hit a buzzer-beater in the WCF.

MrFonzworth
06-10-2021, 11:58 AM
https://youtu.be/qFeKOrU7W0k

KirbyPls
06-10-2021, 12:00 PM
I remember seeing MJ fans brag about 63 points in a game during a first round sweep. I've seen them brag about their guy winning MVP, DPOY, scoring champ, all-star MVP and Slam dunk champ all in one season, a season he was bounced 2nd round after dropping off nearly 20ppg from the previous playoff series.

Ether.

KirbyPls
06-10-2021, 12:01 PM
remember when they tried to praise stephen curry for losing to ja morant in the play in game with hca

It's fuzzy. Was this the year Dingo won the orange blimp?

nineiron
06-10-2021, 12:10 PM

:roll:

Kblaze8855
06-10-2021, 12:10 PM
wrong. kobe got shit for losing in the finals plus not winning finals mvp every time ... thats why people disqualified him from ever becoming better than Mike.

that's why the argument started really. because before kobe and lebron nobody was chasing perfection. now they are. that's the standard. that's the new bar. before MJ losing in the finals was ok because every legend had done it. MJ changed the standard for being GOAT. so because his fans compare him to MJ and not a more.suitable guy like magic.. he gets sh*t on for having 6 finals losses. and the next guy who chases MJ will be put under the same criteria. its nothing unique to lebron. people say Durant has no shot at goat either.

a finals loss to a guy like Jimmy butler isn't bad. that's his standards. that's his place in history. that wasn't supposed to be lebrons. he's supposed to be the goat. at least that's what his dumba** fans keep saying

I was here in 2004. Not one person said Kobe’s career got worse. Bad series yes. Worse than losing early to the Spurs? No.

RogueBorg
06-10-2021, 12:11 PM

Correct, the goal is to win the Finals not just make the Finals. Losing in the Finals is nothing more than being the 1st loser.

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Correct, the goal is to win the Finals not just make the Finals. Losing in the Finals is nothing more than being the 1st loser.

wrong :oldlol:

nineiron
06-10-2021, 04:08 PM

:banana:

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:12 PM

When did Lebron's Finals "streak" begin?

It began after his "decision" to form a super-team in a conference that 1-star teams were winning..

Before that, he was a 1-trick pony like Iverson, Dwight or Kidd (Kidd actually made 2 Finals in that conference)

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Ether.

not really. its ok to look back at early accomplishments a player had that aren't connected to a year in which they had a super team and were expected to win

at the time that was the best jordan could achieve during the 80s... if however jordan dropped 63 in the 1996 playoffs and the bulls eventually lost to the sonics.... then bragging about that game would be in bad taste

Shooter
06-10-2021, 04:45 PM
mike quit the league after 3 straight finals showings

he needed a break from the toll on his mind and body

and he did it twice

but the true goat bran made....

8 inna row

its levels.to this

Ether

kenneth_griffin
06-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Ether

mj retired in 94 cause he was banned for gambling

he retired after 98 cause the gm didn't wanna bring back phil, rodman or pippen and basically use jordan just to sell tickets while rebuilding kinda like how the lakers did with kobe in 2005, 06 and 07

i think the bulls probly make 9 straight finals if jordan never retires and they bring back the entire team for 1999.. i mean the knicks without ewing made it in 1999 lol

i think the bulls probably 4 peat in 94 but drop the series to houston in 95... then run off another 4 peat if they still get rodman, kerr, kukoc

so jordan ends up with 8 titles in 9 finals with two 4 peats

Shooter
06-10-2021, 05:18 PM
mj retired in 94 cause he was banned for gambling

he retired after 98 cause the gm didn't wanna bring back phil, rodman or pippen and basically use jordan just to sell tickets while rebuilding kinda like how the lakers did with kobe in 2005, 06 and 07

i think the bulls probly make 9 straight finals if jordan never retires and they bring back the entire team for 1999.. i mean the knicks without ewing made it in 1999 lol

i think the bulls probably 4 peat in 94 but drop the series to houston in 95... then run off another 4 peat if they still get rodman, kerr, kukoc

so jordan ends up with 8 titles in 9 finals with two 4 peats

He couldnt even do more than 3. But now magically he can do 9? :lol Gotta love the delusional hope :lol

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Would younger players enter the league saying, I want to go to as many finals as possible even if I lose most.

Hell naw. For the likes of Kobe, 6 chips has always been the target. Im sure thats Lebrons target too. Cant even get there.