PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand what the appeal for Lebron is

Walk on Water
06-10-2021, 03:41 AM
I really don't get it. He's not even relatable. Jordan was much more fun to watch and that's why they said, ''We wanna be like Mike.'' The thing about Lebron is that even in losses, he makes it all about him. He doesn't shake hands when he loses, he just walks out. What is the appeal in that? Also, it's not like you can emulate his game. What are you gonna do? Just stiff-arm people? What kind of move is that?

People just wanna keep saying he's all these things he's not. He's not a better scorer than Jordan, so why are we making that argument? I feel like his fans are grasping at straws now. I'm just wondering what the appeal for him is. He doesn't even care about his teammates, he just wants the glory for himself.

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 04:18 AM
Yep.

He has always been about himself...its why he's lost so many finals...

Hes horrified a team mate might get fmvp...he'd rather lose than have that happen...its why he's always so selfish and a really bad team guy.

Hes also an absolute snake of a team mate.

Things going well...hes ya fake best mate.

Things going bad...passive aggressive, trying to get your traded behind your back

Or...if its been 4 years, he will bail on the team he built around himself, got his mates overpaid and leave ya to rot

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 04:25 AM
On court..boring too...

Pound the rock, run too much clock...a lot of junk passes leaving his team mates to rot with not much time left....goes missing when it matters....ugly game...lack of fundamentals....LeSiv on D (if he even makes it back)....ego through the roof

Literally nothing without all star tier help and cherry picked, developed pieces to suit him...never bloods young talent, trades them for said ready made pieces.

Takes credit when they win
Never his fault if they lose

Mastered the art of stat padding...definition of empty stats

Manufactured and a juicer.

Walk on Water
06-10-2021, 05:35 AM
On court..boring too...

Pound the rock, run too much clock...a lot of junk passes leaving his team mates to rot with not much time left....goes missing when it matters....ugly game...lack of fundamentals....LeSiv on D (if he even makes it back)....ego through the roof

Literally nothing without all star tier help and cherry picked, developed pieces to suit him...never bloods young talent, trades them for said ready made pieces.

Yup. Got that right. Why do people admire him?

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 05:36 AM
All athleticism, no skill. Highly unlikeable/fake as **** off the court. 0 redeeming qualities, other than him winning 1 of the 17 championships for the Lakers with AD carrying the team all season.

red1
06-10-2021, 05:51 AM
just appreciate excellence.

4 x 4 x 4

https://usb-driver.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/quatro-310x165.png
https://monetary-metals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/gstandard.png

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 06:06 AM

4 x 4 x 4

The the problem we have

We do appreciate excellence...

He just lacks it...

Maybe our standards are too high.

And we don't lack integrity in our own lives...so we can't appreciate his lack of it

red1
06-10-2021, 06:13 AM
The the problem we have

He just lacks it...

And we don't lack integrity in our own lives...so we can't appreciate his lack of it

triggered_m8 following me around like a wounded puppy. we took your soul too many times. :oldlol:

its alright m8 this vacation was needed AD's fragile ass and lebron's old ass will benefit next season.

greatness right here

https://fadeawayworld.net/.image/t_share/MTgwMTMyNjY4MzkzMDA2NDI0/lebron-james-vs-spurs-dynasty-since-2003-4-championships-14-playoff-appearances-663-winning-pct.jpg

LAL
06-10-2021, 07:43 AM
The the problem we have

He just lacks it...

Man responds

LAL
06-10-2021, 07:43 AM
triggered_m8 following me around like a wounded puppy. we took your soul too many times. :oldlol:

its alright m8 this vacation was needed AD's fragile ass and lebron's old ass will benefit next season.

greatness right here

https://fadeawayworld.net/.image/t_share/MTgwMTMyNjY4MzkzMDA2NDI0/lebron-james-vs-spurs-dynasty-since-2003-4-championships-14-playoff-appearances-663-winning-pct.jpg

Child responds back

ShawkFactory
06-10-2021, 08:21 AM
It mostly stems from his first few years.

Regardless of how you feel about him you can’t deny that his first 4-5 or so years in the league we’re pretty breathtaking to watch. some of the things he did athletically at that size was outrageous.

That and Kobe dudes got butthurt and I always hated the Lakers. I didn’t come to love Kobe until 06 or so because I was a Tmac guy so his stans were annoying. Still are really.

90sgoat
06-10-2021, 08:24 AM
He is bland and boring, but famous and wealthy.

Appeals to bland and boring people.

90sgoat
06-10-2021, 08:26 AM
Regardless of how you feel about him you can’t deny that his first 4-5 or so years in the league we’re pretty breathtaking to watch. some of the things he did athletically at that size was outrageous.

I watched his rookie game in 2003.

I was fresh of seeing Kobe/Shaq and Duncan carry the torch from MJ, in an otherwise weak league perimeter player wise.

Lebron dribbled down the floor, awkwardly pump faked and shot an ugly jumper that bricked.

I was disgusted.

highwhey
06-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Your mother does.

LAL
06-10-2021, 08:34 AM

I was fresh of seeing Kobe/Shaq and Duncan carry the torch from MJ, in an otherwise weak league perimeter player wise.

Lebron dribbled down the floor, awkwardly pump faked and shot an ugly jumper that bricked.

I was disgusted.

I thought you were a bronsexual, my apologies.

ShawkFactory
06-10-2021, 08:35 AM

I was disgusted.

Didn’t he have like 30 in his first game straight out of HS? In that vaunted defensive era?

I remember being pissed off when he scored like 37 against Tmac. He was wetting fades for most of the game.

ELITEpower23
06-10-2021, 09:31 AM

4 x 4 x 4

LeQuatro is easy to hate. He passed up a lot of these guy's idols.

LAL
06-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Didn’t he have like 30 in his first game straight out of HS? In that vaunted defensive era?

I remember being pissed off when he scored like 37 against Tmac. He was wetting fades for most of the game.

That was lebron shooting 41% from the field that first year, had little more balls to his game.

Mr. Jabbar
06-10-2021, 10:33 AM
Girls that have been in bed with Lebron do.

FultzNationRISE
06-10-2021, 10:40 AM

This guy gets it.

:applause:

ZionDunks
06-10-2021, 10:41 AM
I really don't get it. He's not even relatable. Jordan was much more fun to watch and that's why they said, ''We wanna be like Mike.'' The thing about Lebron is that even in losses, he makes it all about him. He doesn't shake hands when he loses, he just walks out. What is the appeal in that? Also, it's not like you can emulate his game. What are you gonna do? Just stiff-arm people? What kind of move is that?

People just wanna keep saying he's all these things he's not. He's not a better scorer than Jordan, so why are we making that argument? I feel like his fans are grasping at straws now. I'm just wondering what the appeal for him is. He doesn't even care about his teammates, he just wants the glory for himself.

There isn’t appeal for him. Culturally he’s not liked or relevant. Jordan was liked by everyone. Lebron is despised by half who know his name.

No one cares about lebron James. He doesn’t matter as much as you’re giving him credit for

bullettooth
06-10-2021, 10:58 AM

4 x 4 x 4

His rabid fans posting lame meme shit like this is also another reason to not want to associate yourself with any LeBron related.

MadDog
06-10-2021, 11:01 AM
With his athleticism fading not a whole lot. But LeBron's freakish athletic ability was the biggest reason to tune in. Skills, candor, competitiveness, or integrity? Not in the cards. When the going gets tough LeBron will quit and hightail it out of the city. :oldlol:

That's what cracks me up about his so-called longevity. All LeBron does is recycle star talent and then piggybacks off their success. We saw what happened to the Lakers without AD. LeBron led them to a first round exit.

AirBonner
06-10-2021, 11:02 AM
LeBron obviously appeals because op is up at fvcking 3am writing love notes about him

Gudo
06-10-2021, 11:07 AM
It mostly stems from his first few years.

That and Kobe dudes got butthurt and I always hated the Lakers. I didn’t come to love Kobe until 06 or so because I was a Tmac guy so his stans were annoying. Still are really.

I was a fan of Lebron in his early years until the move to MIA and all the BS and flopping started showing up.

FultzNationRISE
06-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Ya know OP, sometimes in life there are things we dont understand clearly. We dont always get everything right away. And that’s okay.

I think that perhaps if the Louisville slugger in my garage got better acquainted with your teeth, then you might understand a little better. Then you might be a little clearer on the ‘appeal of Lebron.’

Wait right here.

Stanley Kobrick
06-10-2021, 11:17 AM
LeBron obviously appeals because op is up at fvcking 3am writing love notes about him
those lonely welfare nights :(

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 12:18 PM

lehog

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 12:19 PM
His rabid fans posting lame meme shit like this is also another reason to not want to associate yourself with any LeBron related.

bruh aint you the fakkit canadian boy with the lame ass custom gifs you make? :oldlol:
self awareness bruh

BallsOut
06-10-2021, 01:13 PM
On court..boring too...

Lebron's career in a nutshell. This is why I can never respect the guy.

hateraid
06-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Saying Lebron is not an example of excellence is like saying Ferrari is not a luxury car compared to the Lambo (Jordan)
They're both a standard of excellence. Just a different perspective. If you disagree you don't like basketball

Also to say Lebron is not relatable is stupid. He's more relatable to today's culture than any other superstar. Think it about OP, who's more likely to cry over losing friends on Facebook? Lebron or Jordan? Today's culture is self centered do-gooders. Totally Lebron. He's more like every ISH poster than Jordan. I wanna be like Mike is not in reference to his relatability, it's about being a good basketball player. OP could very well be Lebron James

Charlie Sheen
06-10-2021, 01:22 PM
He joined the Lakers. I enjoy watching the Lakers win. There's the appeal.

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 01:28 PM
Saying Lebron is not an example of excellence is like saying Ferrari is not a luxury car compared to the Lambo (Jordan)
They're both a standard of excellence. Just a different perspective. If you disagree you don't like basketball

Also to say Lebron is not relatable is stupid. He's more relatable to today's culture than any other superstar. Think it about OP, who's more likely to cry over losing friends on Facebook? Lebron or Jordan? Today's culture is self centered do-gooders. Totally Lebron. He's more like every ISH poster than Jordan. I wanna be like Mike is not in reference to his relatability, it's about being a good basketball player. OP could very well be Lebron James

By today's culture do you mean to compare Lebron to the tiktokers, igers, and facebook millennials that dont do anything but prop up their made up self-image?

red1
06-10-2021, 01:47 PM
"the man in the arena"

https://i.etsystatic.com/10857225/r/il/0c8f5e/863811119/il_794xN.863811119_36c1.jpg

they aren't men and they definitely arent in any arena

congrats to suns fans.

the rest of you homos we'll see you next year.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oGNDk2Ue1PbGr8qty/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oGNDk2Ue1PbGr8qty/giphy.gif

hateraid
06-10-2021, 02:04 PM
By today's culture do you mean to compare Lebron to the tiktokers, igers, and facebook millennials that dont do anything but prop up their made up self-image?

Yes. Minus the made up image part. If Lebron is a made up image so is Jordan. They're both self centered. Lebron is more extroverted and Jordan introverted. Jordan is a boomer. Lebron is millenial.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 02:23 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/tR67gFdH/awawawawawawawa.gif

elementally morale
06-10-2021, 04:22 PM
recency

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:30 PM

Lebron employs the same dumb brand of AAU ball-dominance that he ran as a 10-year old.

It is nowhere near "great" and needs super-teams to win, while everyone else doesn't have one yet (before KD joined Warriors).

it's QUITE pathetic... Fraudulent, even

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 04:42 PM
He is bland and boring, but famous and wealthy.

Appeals to bland and boring people.

Great Post

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 04:51 PM
There isn’t appeal for him. Culturally he’s not liked or relevant. Jordan was liked by everyone. Lebron is despised by half who know his name.

No one cares about lebron James. He doesn’t matter as much as you’re giving him credit for

Another great post.

Once again...something those who weren't around in the Jordan days just don't understand.

Jordan made people care about basketball
And even many people who didn't like basketball, were still somewhat intrigued by Jordan.
Biggest dude in the world (along with Michael Jackson)

So much of the basketball community don't even care or respect bron...and people outside of the basketball community see no appeal or care what so ever

His game doesn't bring people to the game.
Or impress those on the outside.
His off court persona and appeal is just as bad

hateraid
06-10-2021, 04:52 PM
Lebron employs the same dumb brand of AAU ball-dominance that he ran as a 10-year old.

It is nowhere near "great" and needs super-teams to win, while everyone else doesn't have one yet (before KD joined Warriors).

it's QUITE pathetic... Fraudulent, even

Reality check here. Because you have your dick halfway in Jordan's ass does not discredit what James has accomplished

hateraid
06-10-2021, 04:54 PM
Another great post.

Once again...something those who weren't around in the Jordan days just don't understand.

Jordan made people care about basketball
And even many people who didn't like basketball, were still somewhat intrigued by Jordan.
Biggest dude in the world (along with Michael Jackson)

So much of the basketball community don't even care or respect bron...and people outside of the basketball community see no appeal or care what so ever

His game doesn't bring people to the game.
Or impress those on the outside.
His off court persona and appeal is just as bad

Newsflash, you don't speak for all the old heads here. Jordan recieved the same amount of criticism pre championships. Had he lived in the social media era he'd be crucified. His off court persona would be something the NBA couldn't hide

FKAri
06-10-2021, 05:01 PM
Psychopaths tend to be much more likeable than narcissists. So it's not just you. You're an idiot but you're not alone.

Code Breaker
06-10-2021, 05:04 PM
those lonely welfare nights :(

:roll:

Code Breaker
06-10-2021, 05:06 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sbiJ4l7uT_I

:bowdown:

2much_knowledge
06-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Maybe cause of numbers, cool looking passes and dunks

But in contrast. Has an ugly stiff playing style, flops, complains, recruits, leaves teams hanging, gets all the young assets traded and acts like a dive every time he loses

BallsOut
06-10-2021, 05:30 PM

But in contrast. Has an ugly stiff playing style, flops, complains, recruits, leaves teams hanging, gets all the young assets traded and acts like a dive every time he loses

That's too much knowledge you dropping son :lebronamazed:

Bronbron23
06-10-2021, 06:05 PM

For me it's his athleticism at his size that makes him appealing. He's not crazy skilled offensively but they skill he does have in combination with his size and athleticism make him pretty appealing to watch.

90sgoat
06-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Psychopaths tend to be much more likeable than narcissists. So it's not just you. You're an idiot but you're not alone.

Accurate.

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 08:41 PM

His dunks aren't even good though...never have been

StrongLurk
06-10-2021, 08:46 PM
All athleticism, no skill. Highly unlikeable/fake as **** off the court. 0 redeeming qualities, other than him winning 1 of the 17 championships for the Lakers with AD carrying the team all season.

This dude is so mad Bron got a ring/FMVP last year on his team :lol

Axe
06-10-2021, 08:47 PM
I don't understand the meltdown op underwent through when he made this thread. :ohwell: