PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen Throws Shade at Jordan in New Memoir

MadDog
06-10-2021, 12:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UF-hWZQu1s

Without Pippen there are no championship banners. Let alone 6. There's no Last Dance documentary. There's no Michael Jordan as we know him. The 1990's Chicago Bulls would not exist as we know them. Pippen details how he cringed at being labeled Jordan's sidekick. And discusses how he could have and SHOULD HAVE received more respect from the Bulls management and media. He recounts how it was like dealing with Jordan on a day to day basis, while serving as the REAL leader of the Bulls.

warriorfan
06-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Imagine dragging this whiny beta to six finals and winning all of them

GOAT

Gudo
06-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Jordan drove the whole thing Pip. You became an instrumental part and people should give you your due credit. You entered the league as a scrawny kid. Jordan challenged you and Horace like you've never thought possible and that created the whole competitive and winning culture. Jordan may or may not have gotten 6/6 without you but it is clear that Jordan would have gotten his way one or another given a different set of circumstances just because of his mindset, professionalism and insane competitiveness. I don't think you would have become the same player had you not played and stuck it out with Mike. Mike would always be Mike and would have done the same thing in another situation.

If Mike had not returned after his first retirement, you surely would not have 3peated and likely the trend goes down and you bring the Bulls to low seed playoff team in the long run, if you can make the playoffs at all.

dankok8
06-10-2021, 01:13 PM
If you don't like being called Jordan's sidekick, maybe "Unguarded" isn't the best title for the book.

RogueBorg
06-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Scotties best scoring output playing with Jordan was 21.0 ppg. When MJ retired Scottie's average soared to a whopping 22.0 ppg.

Puhlease Scottie, MJ said during the documentary there'd be no Michael Jordan without Scottie Pippen. Give it a break.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Love the meltdowns. Keep them coming.

nineiron
06-10-2021, 04:06 PM
LMFAO.. all these bransexuals over rating Pippen has finally got to his head!

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:08 PM
LMFAO.. all these bransexuals over rating Pippen has finally got to his head!

Exactly

He's actually been listening to the 1-9 talk lol

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:08 PM
If you don't like being called Jordan's sidekick, maybe "Unguarded" isn't the best title for the book.

Lmao

dazzer87
06-10-2021, 04:19 PM
Someone has to be the sidekick during that run…pip the quit stop crying…..:cry::facepalm

nineiron
06-10-2021, 04:22 PM
Pip probably sees how a beta like Lebron can get so much attention and since Pip's a beta too, he thinks he should be able to get the same.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Exactly

He's actually been listening to the 1-9 talk lol

Is it true or nah? :lol

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 04:43 PM
Pippen is the same guy who quit on his team in the 1994 ECSF because Phil trusted a rookie from Europe to hit a game-winner over him (Kukoc made the shot).

Pippen '98 - NBA champion, carried to his 6th ring when injured
Pippen '99 - loses in the 1st round with Barkley & Hakeem

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:43 PM
Is it true or nah? :lol

Everyone loses for a few years if they weren't drafted to a good team

So everyone is 1-9

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:50 PM
Pippen is the same guy who quit on his team in the 1994 ECSF because Phil trusted a rookie from Europe to hit a game-winner over him (Kukoc made the shot).

Pippen '98 - NBA champion, carried to his 6th ring when injured
Pippen '99 - loses in the 1st round with Barkley & Hakeem

Even Pippen's best Playoffs (1991 or 1992), he still tried his best to sabatoge the Bulls - he committed the idiotic foul on a stumbling Vlade to lose Game 3 (if not for MJ heroics), and he was demolished in the 92' ECSF, which nearly caused an upset loss to the Knicks.

Every other year, he was carried the entire time...

His 93' Playoffs had a 2.0 BPM with lower PER, WS/48 and pace-adjusted scoring than 14' Wade... Then he averaged 17 on 41% for the 96-98' Playoffs, and 11 ppg in the 99-03' Playoffs or 88-90' Playoffs..

So he was a trainwreck every Playoffs, except 91' or 92' (where he STILL had some debacles that nearly caused loss)

Shooter
06-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Everyone loses for a few years if they weren't drafted to a good team

So everyone is 1-9

No one is 1 for 10 except MJ :lol

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Pippen seems to have a hard time recalling his career. He was batman and not in the same tier as jordan for him to feel insulted to be called a sidekick. He was not kobe to shaq. We saw that clearly when mike retired and when he played in hou and portland. And pippen is one of my favorite players.

Code Breaker
06-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Pippin and Osama have to be somehow related they look too similar. :lol

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 05:26 PM
No one is 1 for 10 except MJ :lol

Yeah, he should have missed the Playoffs like Lebron :kobe:

How was Lebron without AD, 0 - 2 and a 1st round exit?

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Pippen seems to have a hard time recalling his career. He was batman and not in the same tier as jordan for him to feel insulted to be called a sidekick. He was not kobe to shaq. We saw that clearly when mike retired and when he played in hou and portland. And pippen is one of my favorite players.

All that reputation as a defensive stopper went out the window when Kobe beat his ass 3 years in a row :kobe: .

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 05:29 PM
All that reputation as a defensive stopper went out the window when Kobe beat his ass 3 years in a row :kobe: .

Couldnt keep kobe in front of him. Not saying that it’s easy but pippen is supposedly that guy who could.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Yeah, he should have missed the Playoffs like Lebron :kobe:

How was Lebron without AD, 0 - 2 and a 1st round exit?

2-4 > 1-9

DoctorP
06-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Pippen has no chill

AlternativeAcc.
06-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Scottie Pippen has an argument for being thr batman/bill Russell of the bulls. He has a major argument for that

Like Russell, his scoring stats aren't eye popping. But it's the intangibles.. the leadership.. the defense.. the unselfishness that sets him apart from just about any other player in history. He was the best defender of his era, the main playmaker/thinker for his team on offense, and the overall lockerroom leader.

He is the Bill Russell to Jordan's Sam Jones.

I have Pippen higher on my all time list than Jordan. His argument is just too potent. The Bulls didn't win anything until Scottie took on a large role with the team. He was the main reason they won anything.

Spurs m8
06-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Imagine dragging this whiny beta to six finals and winning all of them

GOAT

Yep lol

Scottie should know his place.

Stirring some controversy to sell some books....shocking

Bronbron23
06-10-2021, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UF-hWZQu1s

The problem with the pip and mj thing is both sides are being dumb. Pip clearly learned alot on both sides of the ball coming up under mj. Who knows who he would of been had he gone to another team but he most likely dosn't become the player he did. That said regardless how much credit mj deserves for his game pip did become a great player that ended up being just as important to their success as mj. I don't know why mj stans deny this and i don't know why mj haters see this as a slight to mj. Everybody needs help. Nobody does it alone.

97 bulls
06-10-2021, 09:01 PM
I'm glad Pippen is finally going to voice his side. For years, all we've ever hear from was Jordan and his trolls. Which obciously meant there is a slanted perspective. And I hope Pippen pulls no punches.

Reggie43
06-10-2021, 09:12 PM
Pretty sure it was accepted knowledge that Phil, Jordan and Pippen were equally important in leading the team and now he wants to take bigger credit?

There is no alternate universe that Rodman follows Pippen's leadership without Phil and Jordan. That would be like Rodman on the spurs all over again.

sdot_thadon
06-10-2021, 11:17 PM
I love how so many in this thread are so sure they know more about the situation than a guy who was a driving force in it. I'm interested to hear his take, I imagine the slobfest that was the last dance motivated him to "set the record straight " so we'll see.

Axe
06-10-2021, 11:21 PM
In '94 he was the team's leader when their first option went missing due to vacation or probation. Btw, mr. roundball rock would be amazed by this topic for sure.

And1AllDay
06-10-2021, 11:34 PM
I'm glad Pippen is finally going to voice his side. For years, all we've ever hear from was Jordan and his trolls. Which obciously meant there is a slanted perspective. And I hope Pippen pulls no punches.

yep here is the fax

https://i.postimg.cc/NM4CQ2TR/FB_IMG_1568775908493_(1).jpg

pip did a lot