PDA

View Full Version : Watching Magic Johnson in scoring mode is always hilarious to me.

Kblaze8855
06-10-2021, 02:24 PM
https://youtu.be/ReXaUrsR-x4

It’s almost like he’s cheating. No small guard can stop him posting up....but he passes out the very second you double(being Magic Johnson and all) and if you guard him with your best defensive forward that just takes that guy off worthy so Magic can let him go to work....and by then Magic could hit the 3 if you double Worthy off him.

As they said Magic had 20+ assists the previous game including 10 in the 4th alone. Doubling him is pretty much out. So he just abuses your guards at his leisure. Why Lebron never learned to do that is crazy to me. He posted up for like a year on the Heat and ever since it’s just here and there.

Magics 1968 offense would be crazy even today. Once he adjusted to the 5 second rule and you give him like 3 shooters....

I want to see the resulting 9-12 shooting 26 point 18 assist games.

Dr Hawk
06-10-2021, 02:28 PM
I have never seen him play much. I wonder if he tend to freeze the play by holding the ball for 20 seconds while standing still and passing the hot potato at the last second to some teammate, forcing him to shoot a bad shot. I guess not.

hateraid
06-10-2021, 02:54 PM
I have never seen him play much. I wonder if he tend to freeze the play by holding the ball for 20 seconds while standing still and passing the hot potato at the last second to some teammate, forcing him to shoot a bad shot. I guess not.

Even in a Magic apprection thread a Lebron hater has to come in and derail it

Magic is my GOAT.

RogueBorg
06-10-2021, 02:56 PM
The truly beautiful part of Magic's game was watching him run the Lakers Showtime fast break. There's been anything like it since.

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 02:58 PM
Even in a Magic apprection thread a Lebron hater has to come in and derail it

Magic is my GOAT.

Where did he say anything about Lebron?

Akeem34TheDream
06-10-2021, 03:00 PM
I like the commentary in 1:14.

tontoz
06-10-2021, 03:02 PM

No lol. He really didn't hold the ball much. Quick ball movement was the norm on that team. Ditto the Celtics at that time.

Like Luka, Lebron and Jokic his size was a big advantage when passing. He could see and throw the pass over the defense easily.

Airupthere
06-10-2021, 03:11 PM
https://youtu.be/ReXaUrsR-x4

It’s almost like he’s cheating. No small guard can stop him posting up....but he passes out the very second you double(being Magic Johnson and all) and if you guard him with your best defensive forward that just takes that guy off worthy so Magic can let him go to work....and by then Magic could hit the 3 if you double Worthy off him.

As they said Magic had 20+ assists the previous game including 10 in the 4th alone. Doubling him is pretty much out. So he just abuses your guards at his leisure. Why Lebron never learned to do that is crazy to me. He posted up for like a year on the Heat and ever since it’s just here and there.

Magics 1968 offense would be crazy even today. Once he adjusted to the 5 second rule and you give him like 3 shooters....

I want to see the resulting 9-12 shooting 26 point 18 assist games.

Why the hell was the out of bounds line so thick?

MadDog
06-10-2021, 03:16 PM
His teams were EASILY the most fun to watch. The ball moved. Players themselves moved. No standing around and pure teamwork. Magic was the original showman.

warriorfan
06-10-2021, 03:18 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hateraid
06-10-2021, 03:27 PM

Lol, it's obvi. C'mon man, you think we're naive?

3ball
06-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Magic had 4 series over 22 ppg, and his only series over 30 was a massive upset loss to KJ's Suns in 1990.

He couldn't carry the scoring load.... Ever.... because he wasn't capable of high shot volume that really puts pressure on a defense.. His low volume approach got blown away in 1990 kind of like Lebron in 14'

FultzNationRISE
06-10-2021, 03:49 PM
As Ive always said: a better overall player than MJ :applause:

BallsOut
06-10-2021, 03:51 PM

:roll: :roll:

3ball
06-10-2021, 03:51 PM

Jordan was considered a better PG than Magic in 1989 when he played the position

AND he was obviously a far superior scorer and demolished Magic heads-up in 91 despite a worse team defense and less scoring help

Btw, high assist players hog the assists and win much less - teams are better off and win more with guys that average 5-7 apg

This is historical fact

FultzNationRISE
06-10-2021, 03:57 PM
Jordan was considered a better PG than Magic in 1989 when he played the position

AND he was obviously a far superior scorer and demolished Magic heads-up in 91 despite a worse team defense and less scoring help

Btw, high assist players hog the assists and win much less - teams are better off and win more with guys that average 5-7 apg

This is historical fact

Bro.

Magic Johnson had AIDS, and Madonna still would have rather slept with him than MJ.

Take that for what it’s worth.

3ball
06-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Bro.

Magic Johnson had AIDS, and Madonna still would have rather slept with him than MJ.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Magic was runner-up for MVP in 91', while Madonna was a 1-night stand for Jordan - only Magic and Pippen tried to wife her lol

MadDog
06-10-2021, 04:01 PM
Magic Johnson had AIDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlboAlPvZ5k#t=0m8s

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:04 PM

Magic didn't know he had AIDS

He was still prime Magic and runner up for MVP

But Jordan demolished him heads-up

MadDog
06-10-2021, 04:06 PM
Magic didn't know he had AIDS

He was still prime Magic and runner up for MVP

But Jordan demolished him heads-up

But when he had those AIDS....

FultzNationRISE
06-10-2021, 04:06 PM

:lol

Still one of the funniest unintentional comedy segments ever

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:07 PM
But when he had those AIDS....

Jordan demolished prime Magic

Deal with it without peeing your pants

MadDog
06-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Jordan demolished prime Magic

Deal with it without peeing your pants

After posting that video, you thought I was being serious? :oldlol: Relax, you don't get paid defending Jordan's honor.

hateraid
06-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Jesus Cripes 3ball, honestly?

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:22 PM
After posting that video, you thought I was being serious? :oldlol: Relax, you don't get paid defending Jordan's honor.

I didn't watch the video

Carbine
06-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Any logical person rewatching the 91 finals can see Jordan didn't demolish Magic.

There were times I actually felt bad for MJ when he was guarding Magic. He got whatever he wanted when he wanted it in a lot of the reps they had against each other where MJ was the primary defender.

But this is the same guy who will argue Magic missing a wide open 3 pointer is somehow MJ shutting Magic down. Let's not hold the bar high for arguing with 3Ball

tontoz
06-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Didnt Worthy get hurt in that series? Bulls probably would have won anyway but i dont think the Lakers were at full strength.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 04:39 PM

Bingo

Carbine
06-10-2021, 04:39 PM
He got hurt and Byron Scottwas the worst "good" player I've ever seen in that finals. A complete waste of minutes which is shocking becasue he was a pretty good player this series not withstanding

3ball
06-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Any logical person rewatching the 91 finals can see Jordan didn't demolish Magic.

There were times I actually felt bad for MJ when he was guarding Magic. He got whatever he wanted when he wanted it in a lot of the reps they had against each other where MJ was the primary defender.

But this is the same guy who will argue Magic missing a wide open 3 pointer is somehow MJ shutting Magic down. Let's not hold the bar high for arguing with 3Ball

Jordan guarded Magic for the entirety of Games 1, 4 and 5, where Magic played like trash compared to Jordan and got destroyed

Jordan also guarded Magic for about half of Games 2 and 3, including the critical Game 3 OT, where Jordan completely obliterated Magic heads-up

See the video of the critical Game 4 OT here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtj8ovhp48&t=06m17s

Shooter
06-10-2021, 06:37 PM

Yep.

Pippen has been Chicago's defensive anchor for a qhile now. He even caried a 1-9 career T-Mac to the Finals 6 times.

999Guy
06-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Yep.

Pippen has been Chicago's defensive anchor for a qhile now. He even caried a 1-9 career T-Mac to the Finals 6 times.

It was Horace Grant. But Pippen was good.

Scrub Cartwright and all those small guards like BJ, Paxson, and even Kerr were never actually bad defenders.

Kerr might’ve been the best of all the guards due to size.

Shooter
06-10-2021, 08:17 PM
It was Horace Grant. But Pippen was good.

Scrub Cartwright and all those small guards like BJ, Paxson, and even Kerr were never actually bad defenders.

Kerr might’ve been the best of all the guards due to size.

:roll::roll: