PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets roster is fools gold

90sgoat
06-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Jokic was deservingly MVP, because his roster has been absolute shit for years.

Nuggets have done an atrocious job surrounding him with actual talent.

Murray is overpaid and the rest of the crew are hopeless.

I hope he leaves that ballclub.

1_BAD_TIGER
06-13-2021, 10:20 PM
go **** yourself

imdaman99
06-13-2021, 10:28 PM
Where do you want him to go, OP? Do you want him to become a spot up shooter for Luka?

fourkicks44
06-13-2021, 10:28 PM
Jerami Grant was a huge loss for them and letting Craig go was a mistake also.

Major overreaction from OP, but they have taken a big step back from last season.

And1AllDay
06-13-2021, 10:29 PM
go fuxx yourself

Xiao Yao You
06-13-2021, 10:32 PM

Major overreaction from OP, but they have taken a big step back from last season.

Not much they could do with Grant wanting to leave and Plumlee got paid too much for a backup but Craig was stupid to let go. Those were about the only guys that played any D

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2021, 10:34 PM
Youre over dramatizing OP.

It’s not a championship roster obv, but only one team can win each year. Nuggets are in better shape than most. But of course theres room for improvement

fourkicks44
06-13-2021, 10:38 PM
Not much they could do with Grant wanting to leave and Plumlee got paid too much for a backup but Craig was stupid to let go. Those were about the only guys that played any D

Last season they were the second best team in the NBA.

Sure they didn't have the money to sign Grant but they did nothing to mitigate his loss by getting someone else.

Aaron Gordan mid season was a poor effort to improve the team. The FO fell asleep at the wheel IMHO.

Joker is the MVP, it should have been their season.

SouBeachTalents
06-13-2021, 10:38 PM
go **** yourself
This

Xiao Yao You
06-13-2021, 10:41 PM

Sure they didn't have the money to sign Grant but they did nothing to mitigate his loss by getting someone else.

Aaron Gordan mid season was a poor effort to improve the team. The FO fell asleep at the wheel IMHO.

built around an MVP who isn't a great defender

Mask the Embiid
06-13-2021, 10:45 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/847db8e0af6330f874bfb742cfb29f8a/tenor.gif

HBK_Kliq_2
06-13-2021, 10:47 PM
Make Jamal Murray the franchise player and #1 option as he's a better offensive player then Jokic.

Tell Jokic to lose 30 pounds and move to power forward.

Get rid of cancers like Barton

Get rid of retards like Michael Porter JR

Get a defensive center

Do all that and you may have a chance.

TAZORAC
06-13-2021, 10:57 PM

Aaron Gordon was actually a FRINGE all-star with the MAGIC. Didn't do anything when he went to the Nuggets though.

TAZORAC
06-13-2021, 10:57 PM
Make Jamal Murray the franchise player and #1 option as he's a better offensive player then Jokic.

Tell Jokic to lose 30 pounds and move to power forward.

Get rid of cancers like Barton

Get rid of retards like Michael Porter JR

Get a defensive center

Do all that and you may have a chance.

Jokic is the worst MVP in years.

Sportal
06-13-2021, 10:58 PM
Yeah....... "Fool's gold"... Don't have their starting PG.

And1AllDay
06-13-2021, 11:00 PM
was mike fools gold before and after pippen?

he never got out of the 1st rd in all those 5 years before and after

NugzFan
06-14-2021, 12:30 AM

I’m glad you’re wrong

And I hope he stays

NugzFan
06-14-2021, 12:31 AM

Nothing we could do with grant. It would have been nicer if he gave us more notice since he knew he wasn’t resigning.

The step back is primarily due to injuries. No doubt. We were the most injured
Playoff team by far

NugzFan
06-14-2021, 12:32 AM

There was no one we could sign once grant left. It’s not like we get 20 million of cap space either.

The AG deal was amazing when we were healthy. It was considered a successful trade at the time by id say 90%+ of fans and media.

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2021, 01:03 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/847db8e0af6330f874bfb742cfb29f8a/tenor.gif

:roll:

Might have to borrow that one some time

wagexslave
06-14-2021, 01:55 AM
Nuggets... fools gold... I see what u did there

HylianNightmare
06-14-2021, 03:29 AM
AG is hot trash. Glad bums outta orlando

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 12:01 AM
AG is hot trash. Glad bums outta orlando

It’s not his fault he was put into a position he’s not used to.

When we were healthy he was an amazing player and fit.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 03:23 PM
Aaron Gordon should be a lot better than what he displays. I think he should at least be on that Tobias Harris level type player. Harris have averaged nearly 20 PPG for the last 5 years. He shot 37% on 3s and is a key cog for a contender.

Why is Gordon so unwilling to shoot/score? I thought he was going to be a good pickup, but maybe I'm wrong.

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Aaron Gordon should be a lot better than what he displays. I think he should at least be on that Tobias Harris level type player. Harris have averaged nearly 20 PPG for the last 5 years. He shot 37% on 3s and is a key cog for a contender.

Why is Gordon so unwilling to shoot/score? I thought he was going to be a good pickup, but maybe I'm wrong.

AG is not a 20ppg scorer. That’s not his role.

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2021, 04:30 PM

:roll::roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2021, 04:31 PM

dafuq

Shooter
06-15-2021, 05:04 PM
was mike fools gold before and after pippen?

he never got out of the 1st rd in all those 5 years before and after

My goodness

:roll: New thread idea :lol

jayfan
06-15-2021, 05:26 PM
I don't know about the entire roster, but Aaron Gordon was definitely fool's gold.

And a lot of folks on here were the fools.

People were going gaga when Denver got him. Some even declared Denver the winner & most improved team of the trade deadline.

Why?? Because he does well in dunk contests? He can jump high? Volume scorer? Shiny objects?

I had no clue what people were excited about. He was not going to help them in any appreciative manner during the playoffs.

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 05:44 PM
I don't know about the entire roster, but Aaron Gordon was definitely fool's gold.

And a lot of folks on here were the fools.

People were going gaga when Denver got him. Some even declared Denver the winner & most improved team of the trade deadline.

Why?? Because he does well in dunk contests? He can jump high? Volume scorer? Shiny objects?

I had no clue what people were excited about. He was not going to help them in any appreciative manner during the playoffs.

Did you miss the part where we were a top 3 team in the league with AG before injuries? Also we didn’t give up very much to get him.

Everyone was in some way responsible to losing to the suns but AG wasn’t close to the biggest reason.

tontoz
06-15-2021, 05:48 PM
For the record during the season Denver won only 1 less game than top east seed Philly in spite of the fact that Murray/Barton missed a combined 40 games at the end of the season.

They won a playoff series with a 30 yr old rookie and a 10 day guy as their starting backcourt.

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 05:51 PM
For the record during the season Denver won only 1 less game than top east seed Philly in spite of the fact that Murray/Barton missed a combined 40 games at the end of the season.

They won a playoff series with a 30 yr old rookie and a 10 day guy as their starting backcourt.

Exactly. Don’t forget we play in the west too.

I’m pretty sure almost every team would have lost in the first round if you took away their second best player, another starter and a rotation player.

Our backcourt was completely decimated and had to go against lillard/McCollum and then cp3/booker.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 05:54 PM
AG is not a 20ppg scorer. That’s not his role.

And what will his role be?

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 05:59 PM

Embiid missed 20 games for the 76ers. Harris missed 10 games. Ben Simmons missed 14 games. Seth Curry missed 15 games. Basically 4 of their starters missed significant time as well.....

tontoz
06-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Embiid missed 20 games for the 76ers. Harris missed 10 games. Ben Simmons missed 14 games. Seth Curry missed 15 games. Basically 4 of their starters missed significant time as well.....

You can count on embiid to miss 20 every year. Missing 20 games counts as a healthy season for him.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 06:14 PM
You can count on embiid to miss 20 every year. Missing 20 games counts as a healthy season for him.

And Jamal Murray will miss pretty much all of next year and who knows how he will hold up coming off his injury moving forward. And Will Barton has played over 70 games, three times in his career. Neither are the picture of health.

tontoz
06-15-2021, 06:23 PM
And Jamal Murray will miss pretty much all of next year and who knows how he will hold up coming off his injury moving forward. And Will Barton has played over 70 games, three times in his career. Neither are the picture of health.

Embiid has actually missed more games than he's played for his career. The most games he has ever played in a season is 64.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 06:49 PM
Embiid has actually missed more games than he's played for his career. The most games he has ever played in a season is 64.

My point was if you comparing Denver's record to Philly, and pointing out Denver's missed games and injuries, then you are being disingenuous because Philly has their own missed games/injuries that they dealt with, or im Embiid's case will always deal with......

tontoz
06-15-2021, 07:21 PM
My point was if you comparing Denver's record to Philly, and pointing out Denver's missed games and injuries, then you are being disingenuous because Philly has their own missed games/injuries that they dealt with, or im Embiid's case will always deal with......

While that is true the thread is about Denver who plays in a much tougher conference.. OP is disparaging their roster but doesn't seem to be taking into the success they've had in spite of their injuries.

Keep in mind that Denver had other significant injuries other than Murray and Barton.

They actually had a strong winning percentage, and won a playoff series, without their starting backcourt. They would be a legit title contender if Murray and Barton were playing.

Thenameless
06-15-2021, 09:28 PM
Nikola, welcome to the Lakers.

King Kawhi
06-15-2021, 09:29 PM

great take after the series. If Murray wasn't injured it would have been a much better series. same result tho

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 10:14 PM
And what will his role be?

He is a role player. No one ever expected him to score 20 ppg. I’m not even sure where you came up with that.

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 10:16 PM
Nikola, welcome to the Lakers.

:oldlol:

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 10:16 PM
While that is true the thread is about Denver who plays in a much tougher conference.. OP is disparaging their roster but doesn't seem to be taking into the success they've had in spite of their injuries.

Keep in mind that Denver had other significant injuries other than Murray and Barton.

They actually had a strong winning percentage, and won a playoff series, without their starting backcourt. They would be a legit title contender if Murray and Barton were playing.

Well said. Injuries absolutely killed us. No team was hurt worse this year.

NugzFan
06-15-2021, 10:17 PM
great take after the series. If Murray wasn't injured it would have been a much better series. same result tho

Murray plays Phoenix really well. If he was healthy they could have won.

Xiao Yao You
06-15-2021, 10:20 PM
Murray plays Phoenix really well. If he was healthy they could have won.

It wouldn't have changed anything. Phoenix plays both ends of the court. Nuggets play 1 end

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-15-2021, 10:24 PM
He is a role player. No one ever expected him to score 20 ppg. I’m not even sure where you came up with that.

And what is his role? Defense? Rebounding? Three point shooting? I haven't seen him find a niche in his 7 years in the league so far. So what will his niche be with Denver?

NugzFan
06-16-2021, 05:16 PM
It wouldn't have changed anything. Phoenix plays both ends of the court. Nuggets play 1 end

When healthy denver definitely could have beaten Phoenix. I’m not sure how this is even debateable

NugzFan
06-16-2021, 05:17 PM
And what is his role? Defense? Rebounding? Three point shooting? I haven't seen him find a niche in his 7 years in the league so far. So what will his niche be with Denver?

Versatile swing defender, decent 3 point shooter, can do a little of everything (rebound, pass, defend). Just an all around solid 5th option. He’s not here to be a 20 ppg all star.

Xiao Yao You
06-16-2021, 05:32 PM
When healthy denver definitely could have beaten Phoenix. I’m not sure how this is even debateable

because the Suns are one of the top teams in the league and Denver just scores points.

NugzFan
06-16-2021, 05:45 PM
because Denver is one of the top teams in the league and Denver just scores points.

Um. Yes. Those are all true

tontoz
06-16-2021, 05:53 PM

On the season the Suns were 9th in defensive efficiency, the nuggets 14th. Not a big disparity there and the Suns were probably the healthiest team in the league.

Xiao Yao You
06-16-2021, 06:35 PM
On the season the Suns were 9th in defensive efficiency, the nuggets 14th. Not a big disparity there and the Suns were probably the healthiest team in the league.

Suns #1 in playoffs

tontoz
06-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Suns #1 in playoffs

Yeah because they played two teams hit hard by injuries.