PDA

View Full Version : Take 9 of these people off the list for me.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2021, 07:52 AM
19 guys 10 of whom would be in the top 10 if we polled any group. Us, “casuals”, coaches, players or whoever. Like 8 are locks....maybe even 9. But all 19 would get a mention. Maybe some others would be mentioned as well(Russ...Sabonis...Butler...KAT...others) but the final 10 would be from these names like it or not. In no order....just the 19 I can’t justify excluding for “They obviously wouldn’t be on enough lists” reasons.

Jokic
Lebron
Giannis
Harden
Trae
Mitchell
Leonard
KD
Beal
Tatum
Curry
Gobert
Dame
Booker
George
Luka
Embiid
AD
Paul

When I scan it I get to 7 easy cuts. 9 is a bit of a tough call. I’m not counting “Well he twisted his ankle last week so he’s out” shit. I’m talking usual level of play when not limping around. The norm you expect from each guy on a normal day.

Im out bullshitting probably all day and wouldn’t mind reading whatever you have to say. I really don’t know how you definitively cut that list to a top 10. And we all love nice round double digit numbers....so it’s gotta be done.

Give me your 9 cuts. I don’t need your top 10 in order or the 9 cuts ranked. Making it easy. Just throw 9 off the boat and tell me who they are.

I want to see nothing but your “Off the boat” list.

Go.

Dr Hawk
06-14-2021, 07:58 AM
George, I dislike the guy.
AD, good but injury prone.
Embiid, good but injury prone.

Mitchell
Trae
Beal
Tatum

These 4, good players but maybe a notch below the rest, although Mitchell is on fire right now.

Paul
Lebron

These last 2 due to age.

Manny98
06-14-2021, 08:10 AM
Trae
Mitchell
Beal
Tatum
Gobert
Booker
George
Luka
Paul

BigTicket
06-14-2021, 08:12 AM
Assuming we are talking about this season, and we are only counting their level of play when healthy, this is my top 10:

Jokic
Lebron
Giannis
Harden
Leonard
KD
Curry
Luka
Embiid
AD

Dame and Tatum were the hardest cuts.

For next season I expect LeBron to drop out of the top 10, but not sure who takes his spot.

Spain_
06-14-2021, 01:43 PM
19 guys 10 of whom would be in the top 10 if we polled any group. Us, “casuals”, coaches, players or whoever. Like 8 are locks....maybe even 9. But all 19 would get a mention. Maybe some others would be mentioned as well(Russ...Sabonis...Butler...KAT...others) but the final 10 would be from these names like it or not. In no order....just the 19 I can’t justify excluding for “They obviously wouldn’t be on enough lists” reasons.

Jokic
Lebron
Giannis
Harden
Trae
Mitchell
Leonard
KD
Beal
Tatum
Curry
Gobert
Dame
Booker
George
Luka
Embiid
AD
Paul

When I scan it I get to 7 easy cuts. 9 is a bit of a tough call. I’m not counting “Well he twisted his ankle last week so he’s out” shit. I’m talking usual level of play when not limping around. The norm you expect from each guy on a normal day.

Im out bullshitting probably all day and wouldn’t mind reading whatever you have to say. I really don’t know how you definitively cut that list to a top 10. And we all love nice round double digit numbers....so it’s gotta be done.

Give me your 9 cuts. I don’t need your top 10 in order or the 9 cuts ranked. Making it easy. Just throw 9 off the boat and tell me who they are.

I want to see nothing but your “Off the boat” list.

Go.

1.Beal
2.Tatum
3. PG
4.Trae
5.Rudy
6.Harden
7.Curry
8.DM
9.Luka

Spain_
06-14-2021, 01:45 PM
1.Beal
2.Tatum
3. PG
4.Trae
5.Rudy
6.Harden
7.Curry
8.DM
9.Luka

the last one was between Jokic Lebron Luka and Paul, really hard to decide
I only kept Dame on because of bias.

tontoz
06-14-2021, 03:02 PM
I'm cutting...

Trae
Mitchell
Beal
Gobert
Dame
Booker
George
AD
Paul

Easier than i thought really. Beals weak D make him an easy cut. He just doesn't try a lot of the time.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2021, 03:05 PM
More trouble with Trae than AD or Dame?

I feel like you didn’t care for Trae at one point but that may have been back when we were saying he played similar to Curry and you took issue with the comparison.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2021, 03:08 PM
Durant
Kawhi
Jokic
Luka
Curry
Embiid
Harden
Giannis
AD
LeBron

06-14-2021, 03:21 PM
I removed the top 10 guys and got this:

Lebron
Giannis

Mitchell

Beal
Tatum

Gobert

Booker
George

Paul

Edit: which also means that my top 10 is:

Jokic

Harden
Trae

Leonard
KD

Curry

Dame

Luka
Embiid
AD

dankok8
06-14-2021, 03:24 PM
I'm definitely cutting the following 6 guys:

Trae
Beal
Gobert
George
Booker
Paul

The other three are tough but I'd go with:

Mitchell (he's not consistent; doesn't look like a top 20 player during the regular season)
Kyrie (not consistent enough plus injured/absent too much)
Davis (easily top 10 when healthy but injured too much)

I could take out Lebron as well given his injury and subpar playoffs but I give him the benefit of the doubt. When healthy he had top 10 impact.

Top 10 in no particular order

Kawhi
KD
Curry
Jokic
Lebron
Luka
Harden
Lillard
Embiid
Giannis

tontoz
06-14-2021, 03:30 PM
More trouble with Trae than AD or Dame?

I feel like you didn’t care for Trae at one point but that may have been back when we were saying he played similar to Curry and you took issue with the comparison.

I still take issue with the comparison. They are completely different players. Steph is literally the best shooter ever, by far. Trae shot 34% from 3 this season and for his career. Their games aren't similar.

However he is a very good playmaker which is more apparent now that he has cut down his chucking. Also he has a bit of that Reggie Miller mindset in the playoffs embracing the villain role which i quite liked.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2021, 03:44 PM
Shooting percentages aren’t a style of basketball. Two players can be reminiscent without being equals.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2021, 03:58 PM
I think there is a pretty clear top 11 at the moment, so I can easily remove 8.

That last one is really tough. I'd probably lean towards removing Dame, but I wouldn't feel good about it. I'm not sure he affects the game in as many ways as the guys I'd have in the top 10.

tontoz
06-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Shooting percentages aren’t a style of basketball. Two players can be reminiscent without being equals.

What about their games are similar other than position? Not much. Curry moves/plays without the ball a lot. Trae doesnt. Trae averages 9 assists and 9 free throws per game. Steph is 6/6.

Trae isn't running around screens to get open. He is more ball dominant, more drive and dish. He probably gets at least twice as many assists on lobs than Steph. Their games aren't similar.

Steph literally took twice as many 3s per game as Trae.

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2021, 04:39 PM
The list looks different depending on whether you're talking regular or post season. Giannis has more value in the regular season because he's athletic and durable. Same with Curry who thrives in no-defense run-and-guns. Their ranking changes once the post season starts.

But since post season is more important, I'll throw nine guys overboard from the S.S. Playoffs.

Walk the plank:

AD
Beal
Tatum
Trae
Pandemic P
Curry
Mitchell
Gobert
...and Harden

Tough call between Booker and Harden, but I'll take a huge difference in heart over a slight gap in skill.

I also almost kept Trae over Giannis due to a large gap in skill.

tpols
06-14-2021, 04:44 PM
Playoff performers

Jokic
Luka
Kawhi
Curry
Durant
Harden
AD
Embiid
Tatum
Dame

HM Chris Paul

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2021, 04:49 PM
Playoff performers

Jokic
Luka
Kawhi
Curry
Durant
Harden
AD
Embiid
Tatum
Dame

HM Chris Paul
Basing it on the playoffs and having AD over Mitchell/Booker/Trae is a fcking joke :lol Dude played 3 games. And Curry didn't even make the playoffs

tontoz
06-14-2021, 04:55 PM
So we are just going to create a completely new thread on page 2? :lol

tpols
06-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Basing it on the playoffs and having AD over Mitchell/Booker/Trae is a fcking joke :lol Dude played 3 games. And Curry didn't even make the playoffs

I'm not ranking them based on what they did this playoffs but what healthy versions of them would generally do. OP even specified to take injuries out of the equation otherwise I'd have to have Devin Booker in my top 10.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2021, 05:02 PM
I'm not ranking them based on what they did this playoffs but what healthy versions of them would generally do. OP even specified to take injuries out of the equation otherwise I'd have to have Devin Booker in my top 10.

Then put Lebron in the top 10.

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2021, 06:22 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfpjQKXI1ywaf8A/giphy.gif

tpols
06-14-2021, 06:30 PM

Old LeBron just isn't that good. He moved fine in that suns series... I saw him literally put his head on the rim after out running everybody in one of the first two games catching a lob. When AD was healthy the Lakers looked unbeatable and the suns were on the ropes. With just LeBron they get beat by 40. What do you want me to say?

Btw its funny how chris Paul had an injury when AD and LeBron were killing the suns, but the second AD goes out and going forward Chris has all of a sudden been in perfect health. Funny coincidence.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Old LeBron just isn't that good. He moved fine in that suns series... I saw him literally put his head on the rim after out running everybody in one of the first two games catching a lob. When AD was healthy the Lakers looked unbeatable and the suns were on the ropes. With just LeBron they get beat by 40. What do you want me to say?

Btw its funny how chris Paul had an injury when AD and LeBron were killing the suns, but the second AD goes out and going forward Chris has all of a sudden been in perfect health. Funny coincidence.
That you understand that vertical leaping isn’t the only athletic sign that someone isn’t moving the way the normally can.

tpols
06-14-2021, 06:50 PM
That you understand that vertical leaping isn’t the only athletic sign that someone isn’t moving the way the normally can.

The point is he wasnt hurt. He played in every game and is just getting... old. If this were 5 years ago I'd have him in my top 5.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2021, 06:58 PM
The point is he wasnt hurt. He played in every game and is just getting... old. If this were 5 years ago I'd have him in my top 5.
He's getting old but he was still a legitimate top 5 player before the injury. Watch the highlights of his games before the injury, legitimately looks like a completely different player physically. He looked like a total shell of himself from the play in through the playoffs. The question is if that was just due to injury or if he'll actually look like that going forward due to age

Jasper
06-14-2021, 08:01 PM
Lebron
Giannis
Harden
Leonard
KD
Curry
Luka
Embiid
AD (charity strip)
Paul

MadDog
06-14-2021, 08:38 PM
Jokic
Harden
Donovan
Kawhi
Durant
Curry
Lillard
Luka
Embiid
AD

List is predicated on healthy players.

He's getting old but he was still a legitimate top 5 player before the injury. Watch the highlights of his games before the injury, legitimately looks like a completely different player physically. He looked like a total shell of himself from the play in through the playoffs. The question is if that was just due to injury or if he'll actually look like that going forward due to age

During that Lakers elimination game, LeBron had quick bursts of speed. Got up there for a couple of dunks as well. His movement was fine both laterally and horizontally. Problem is he can't do it consistently, which is a CLEAR sign of age. LeBron will be 37 and needs all the help he can get.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2021, 08:53 PM

Less than a year ago he won finals MVP going for like 28/9/8 or something. But whatever. I don’t really care.

Lebron being a top 5 player in the NBA in 2016 is too generous. Top 5!? Stop sucking his dick

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2021, 08:56 PM
Lebron being a top 5 player in the NBA in 2016 is too generous. Top 5!? Stop sucking his dick
:oldlol:

Sportal
06-14-2021, 10:47 PM
Jokic
Lebron
Giannis
Harden
Trae *
Mitchell *
Leonard
KD
Beal *
Tatum *
Curry
Gobert *
Dame
Booker *
George *
Luka
Embiid
AD
Paul

I'm very aware of leaving Harden in there... As opposed to AD or Paul...

Easy drops have an asterisk.

A lot of love for Mitchell... I just don't think he's there yet. I don't think 26/4/5 make a top10 player, I know we're seeing some stuff in the playoffs... But still.