PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about that Chris Paul trade to Lakers again

90sgoat
06-14-2021, 12:18 PM
I think we can say with certainty that CP3 can play with shooting guards who put up lots of shots, so CP3 would be able to play with Kobe.

How many more rings would Kobe have had?

7 rings?

Norcaliblunt
06-14-2021, 12:40 PM
If that’s the case the NBA did the right thing.

06-14-2021, 01:05 PM
more than 2

tpols
06-14-2021, 01:06 PM
Yes they were petrified of a Kobe Chris Paul duo. Owners panicked and blocked it. Not surprising tbh since everybody freaked out over Pau, a simple All Star at the time. Chris Paul was a superstar.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-14-2021, 01:09 PM
Bean and CP3 wouldve ran roughshod on the league.

League couldn't have that happen to Bron :lol They needed him to be the face.

90sgoat
06-14-2021, 02:21 PM
I just find it fascinating how CP3 is basically disproving all kinds of theories this playoff run.

Including proving that he could easily co-exist with Kobe, where Devin Booker is basically Kobe-light.

Shooter
06-14-2021, 02:39 PM
-What if Kobe won 2 MVPs?
-What if MJ didn't get swept in 1st round three times?
-What if LeBron made 11 Finals?

Who cares :lol

FKAri
06-14-2021, 02:53 PM
It would've been funny seeing Kobe and CP3 trying to share the ball. I'm sad we were robbed of that shitshow. Imagine what we'd be hearing if the Nash/Dwight acquisitions were also blocked.

Shooter
06-14-2021, 02:54 PM
It would've been funny seeing Kobe and CP3 trying to share the ball. I'm sad we were robbed of that shitshow. Imagine what we'd be hearing if the Nash/Dwight acquisitions were also blocked.

:lol :lol

FKAri
06-14-2021, 02:59 PM
:lol :lol

"Kobe with a dominant big man AND Nash? Shit, Even if Nash did nothing but hit open shots, he'd be better than Fisher! Easy chips! Kobe > MJ"

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2021, 03:05 PM
That trade imo gets overblown. They would've had a very short window to win titles, and there's no guarantee they get through the Thunder/Spurs/Heat. After 2014 they're not beating the Warriors or Cavs with a 36 year old Kobe

Shooter
06-14-2021, 03:05 PM
"Kobe with a dominant big man AND Nash? Shit, Even if Nash did nothing but hit open shots, he'd be better than Fisher! Easy chips! Kobe > MJ"

:lol

Artest after getting Nash and Howard

"We gunnin for that 73-9"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/si-wire/2012/09/17/lakers-metta-world-peace-73-9-record

Yikes

"No question. You try to snatch records before you leave this earth. You gotta try to do a lot of great things so it's definitely a goal," he said. "With Dwight Howard, (Steve) Nash, Kobe (Bryant), myself, Pau (Gasol) and then (Antawn) Jamison and a lot of great additions it's something that's possible.”

kenneth_griffin
06-14-2021, 08:02 PM
in hindsight the veto killed kobe

when you factor in that his daughter only got into basketball because of his early retirement and basically being her mentor from a very early age and going everywhere with her and her ultimately becoming really good. enough so that kobe would create an entire basketball camp for girls with his daughter as the star player there.

had Paul gone to the Lakers kobe probably never rips his Achilles playing nearly 40 minutes a game to make up for the Steve nash debacle. then instead of retiring at 37 he probly sticks around till 40 and possible later considering how soft the league has become the last few years. its pampered and tailored to suit aging stars. you can play 40 games and skip back to backs.

the bubble would have been nice too. no travel and no road games. but I think kobe sticks around maybe till age 41 and goes out when they shut down last season due to covid. his daughter literally never starts obsessing with basketball and probably spites her father for a avoiding so much.

and another positive would have been lebron never being able to join the Lakers. I doubt he goes there in 2021. if anything he probly joins the clippers to make space jam

kenneth_griffin
06-14-2021, 08:07 PM
so David stern killed kobe and because of it God took David stern the same year kobe got killed as redemption

justice served

MadDog
06-14-2021, 08:24 PM

Kobe wasn't LeBron who holds the ball at a historic rate. Unlike LeBron, Kobe could also play OFF the ball which ultimately made him MORE adaptable. The Lakers problem that year were injures. Dwight/Kobe/Nash didn't have enough time to gel, because Nash missed 30+ games with a bad back. Before the playoffs, Kobe also tore his achilles and the rest is history.

But Paul/Kobe would have dominated the league, while LeBron would have begged for more help.

jlip
06-14-2021, 09:24 PM
We saw how well a team with CP3 did with a player more ball dominant than Kobe in Harden. I believe it was 2018. The biggest issue with CP3 in the playoffs has primarily been health. The Rockets more than likely would have defeated the Warriors that year and won the chip if CP3 hadn't gotten hurt.

FKAri
06-14-2021, 10:10 PM
Kobe wasn't LeBron who holds the ball at a historic rate. Unlike LeBron, Kobe could also play OFF the ball which ultimately made him MORE adaptable. The Lakers problem that year were injures. Dwight/Kobe/Nash didn't have enough time to gel, because Nash missed 30+ games with a bad back. Before the playoffs, Kobe also tore his achilles and the rest is history.

But Paul/Kobe would have dominated the league, while LeBron would have begged for more help.

Injuries or not 2012 Lakers weren't winning it all. Howard wasn't himself and while the Kobe/Nash backcourt wasn't bad it wasn't great either. Kobe isn't close to the ball holder Lebron is but he's almost as much of a ball stopper. Chris Paul would've been marginalized on offense. But the two would've been great on defense in terms of ball pressure.

so David stern killed kobe and because of it God took David stern the same year kobe got killed as redemption

justice served

Get a load of this phaggit ^

We saw how well a team with CP3 did with a player more ball dominant than Kobe in Harden. I believe it was 2018. The biggest issue with CP3 in the playoffs has primarily been health. The Rockets more than likely would have defeated the Warriors that year and won the chip if CP3 hadn't gotten hurt.

That's true but that Rockets team was(basically constructed to be) reliant on Harden to do literally everything for them. Even another ball dominator is a relief for that kind of team.

MadDog
06-14-2021, 11:09 PM
Injuries or not 2012 Lakers weren't winning it all. Howard wasn't himself and while the Kobe/Nash backcourt wasn't bad it wasn't great either. Kobe isn't close to the ball holder Lebron is but he's almost as much of a ball stopper. Chris Paul would've been marginalized on offense. But the two would've been great on defense in terms of ball pressure.

Why not? They played their best stretch of ball to closeout the season. Won something like 8 of their last 10 with Kobe pouring it on. In the playoffs, I'd take Kobe's offball ability and scoring skill over LeBron hunting rebounds and assists.

Shooter
06-14-2021, 11:10 PM

3ball how many more alts do you need?

Jasper
06-14-2021, 11:19 PM
If that’s the case the NBA did the right thing.

Kobe never carried a team , he had them carry him.

kenneth_griffin
06-14-2021, 11:30 PM
Get a load of this phaggit ^

oh I'm sorry. was I supposed to show respect to the a**hole that killed kobe and his career

Sportal
06-14-2021, 11:36 PM
I remember the trade attempt at the time, it was CRAZY... I would imagine they would have got at least 2 more rings... I struggle to see those two only getting 1.

MadDog
06-14-2021, 11:40 PM
I remember the trade attempt at the time, it was CRAZY... I would imagine they would have got at least 2 more rings... I struggle to see those two only getting 1.

Bingo. A diet Kobe and ancient Paul are in the WCF. Now. Just imagine the real deal and Paul in their prime. Owners HAD to veto that trade lol

wagexslave
06-14-2021, 11:46 PM
Bingo. A diet Kobe and ancient Paul are in the WCF. Now. Just imagine the real deal and Paul in their prime. Owners HAD to veto that trade lol
It was also a god awful dogsh*t deal for New Orleans.