PDA

View Full Version : Is Budenholzer the worst coach in the league?

RRR3
06-16-2021, 05:57 AM
What the **** was that :oldlol:

Imagine not doubling arguably the GOAT isolation scorer when he’s absolutely on fire. Imagine playing drop defense against arguably the GOAT midrange shooter? Meanwhile ISOing all second half after ball movement got you the lead? Is he insane? Props to KD for one of the GOAT playoff games and the rest of the Nets and of course the Bucks players ****ed up but honestly I think that game is mostly on Bud although I’m sure Giannis will get a lot of the blame.

Sportal
06-16-2021, 06:15 AM
Idk... When I watch him talk he's always really kinda vague... I watched him in a huddle the other day and it was just all motivational words and really no direction... Then we cut to Steve Nash, and he was like "I want X, Y and Z then...." etc. I feel like that would get pretty tiresome.

RRR3
06-16-2021, 06:19 AM
Idk... When I watch him talk he's always really kinda vague... I watched him in a huddle the other day and it was just all motivational words and really no direction... Then we cut to Steve Nash, and he was like "I want X, Y and Z then...." etc. I feel like that would get pretty tiresome.
I have no opinion on Nash. I just cannot fathom why Bud did the things he did today unless he was trying to lose.

Smoke117
06-16-2021, 06:29 AM
Chris Paul is a better mid range shooter.

RRR3
06-16-2021, 07:05 AM
Chris Paul is a better mid range shooter.
Not against a 6’8 defender he’s not.

Smoke117
06-16-2021, 07:03 PM
Not against a 6’8 defender he’s not.

The Chris can get his lean back high arcing mid range shot over anybody.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-16-2021, 07:18 PM
One of the best actually. Top 10 at absolute worst.

Brook was known as one of the worst defenders in the league before Bud's system. Now he's had high DPOY finishes as one of the league's premier shotblockers. He turns role players to gold and made a very limited player in Giannis into a 2x MVP and DPOY which only MJ and Hakeem have done and Giannis is nowhere close to either. Then there's Middleton's improvement too and let's not forget he turned a 60 win team out of journeyman and bums like Millsap, Horford, Teague, Carroll and Korver.

RRR3
06-16-2021, 07:27 PM
One of the best actually. Top 10 at absolute worst.

Brook was known as one of the worst defenders in the league before Bud's system. Now he's had high DPOY finishes as one of the league's premier shotblockers. He turns role players to gold and made a very limited player in Giannis into a 2x MVP and DPOY which only MJ and Hakeem have done and Giannis is nowhere close to either. Then there's Middleton's improvement too and let's not forget he turned a 60 win team out of journeyman and bums like Millsap, Horford, Teague, Carroll and Korver.
Maybe he’s good at getting players to improve through motivation but did you see how he actually coached last night? I’m not pulling it out of my ass I listed specific things.

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 07:27 PM
He's a good coach and has brought success to every team he's coached but he may have in-game issues, failures to adjust. Similar to Spo in some ways maybe

coin24
06-16-2021, 07:32 PM
KD is just that good..

And gianus is a product of LEspn.

RRR3
06-16-2021, 07:43 PM
KD is just that good..

And gianus is a product of LEspn.
I know KD is great but Bud didn’t even try to double him.

ImKobe
06-16-2021, 07:44 PM
He's better than about 75-80% of the league, but he's not a "great" coach or hasn't proven to be championship-caliber when it comes to in-game adjustments and minutes' management. There's only so much you can do with what the Bucks have offensively, but them not attacking Harden or doubling KD in that game is inexcusable. Why was the ball even in Giannis' hands in the last 2 minutes? Middleton is your closer, and unless Giannis is wide open for a dunk/layup, you don't give him the ball, because all they Nets would have to do is foul him and he'll miss half his FTs and lose the game.

RRR3
06-16-2021, 08:09 PM
He's better than about 75-80% of the league, but he's not a "great" coach or hasn't proven to be championship-caliber when it comes to in-game adjustments and minutes' management. There's only so much you can do with what the Bucks have offensively, but them not attacking Harden or doubling KD in that game is inexcusable. Why was the ball even in Giannis' hands in the last 2 minutes? Middleton is your closer, and unless Giannis is wide open for a dunk/layup, you don't give him the ball, because all they Nets would have to do is foul him and he'll miss half his FTs and lose the game.
If he’s better than 80% of the league I’m assuming you think most coaches are horrendous.

Axe
06-16-2021, 08:17 PM
He has a big problem in closing crucial games against dominant teams.

coin24
06-16-2021, 08:41 PM
I know KD is great but Bud didn’t even try to double him.

Probably nervous guys like green get wide open looks then.. which seemed to happen anyway
Nets have a lot of guys who can hit those 3s

coin24
06-17-2021, 01:22 AM
Doc has to be up there:lol