PDA

View Full Version : Luka + Giannis makes PERFECT sense

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 08:49 AM
I wanted to see Luka + Jokic, but with Jokic being in good hands / taken care of in Denver, needing nothing more than another all-star at most to win, it's unrealistic to happen.

But Luka and Giannis not just perfectly compliment themselves game wise, but also aspiration, situation AND role wise, with Giannis probably not being fit to lead a title team.

Luka desperately needs help and a real superstar probably, because it's not like they have a couple of all-stars or anything, and is hitting a wall in the stacked West with his cast of role players.

Giannis meanwhile hits the ECSF/ECF ceiling against superior, jump shooting / scoring creation superstars, and his brand probably won't get it done for a championship. He was too premature with the crowning-himself celebration.

They'd accompany each other perfectly.

So the obvious deal is: Giannis to Dallas

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/09/04/dallas-mavericks-why-sign-giannis-antetokounmpo/5/
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2020/01/10/ex-nba-player-says-if-giannis-antetokounmpo-leaves-milwaukee-he-should-join-the-mavs-to-form-a-dynasty-with-luka-doncic-kristaps-porzingis/
https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/brian-scalabrine-says-giannis-antetokounmpo-should-form-big-3-with-luka-doncic-kristaps-porzingis
https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-rumors-dallas-will-prioritize-giannis-antetokounmpo-pursuit-2021/
https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-dallas-mavericks-leading-the-way-to-sign-giannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-star-could-join-forces-with-luka-doncic/
https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2020/10/15/5f8861a2ca4741ce4d8b458f.html

https://phantom-marca.unidadeditorial.es/b00076aea74d805355f204e812153ff4/resize/828/f/webp/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2020/10/15/16027386112850.jpg

FultzNationRISE
06-16-2021, 09:01 AM
Only one problem.

Who’s gonna shoot free throws!? :lol

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Only one problem.

Who’s gonna shoot free throws!? :lol

Luka will from now on take them from the 3P line, so all is good

:rockon:

90sgoat
06-16-2021, 10:37 AM
How will that work with a trade? or in 5 years after Giannis contract expires?

I do think it's a great pairing.

It does depend on if Giannis can accept a less scoring role.

I think he can if he keeps on losing.

He would be so superior on defense, that there would be no doubt as to his impact.

It's a sort of KG vs Paul Pierce situation in Boston.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 10:40 AM
How will that work with a trade? or in 5 years after Giannis contract expires?

I do think it's a great pairing.

It does depend on if Giannis can accept a less scoring role.

I think he can if he keeps on losing.

He would be so superior on defense, that there would be no doubt as to his impact.

It's a sort of KG vs Paul Pierce situation in Boston.

5 years is too long a wait.

I say 1 more year of "failure" for Giannis and Luka, and Giannis should force a trade and cite Dallas as his prefered destination.

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 10:40 AM
Luke to Milwaukee?

Real Men Wear Green
06-16-2021, 10:45 AM
Why would Milwaukee want anything to do with such a trade? You don't get Antetokuonmpo for randoms.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 10:47 AM
Why would Milwaukee want anything to do with such a trade? You don't get Antetokuonmpo for randoms.

It took the Bucks almost 50 years to get another Mvp calibre player after they traded Kareem to the Lakers so there is no way in hell they would trade Giannis to the Mavs unless they get Luka in return plus picks as well.

StrongLurk
06-16-2021, 10:49 AM
I don't like superstars leaving good teams when they themselves fail (Think Durant leaving OKC). People like Dame on the other hand should be free to change teams at this point since the Blazers FO can't surround him with elite talent, but why excuse Giannis for himself not being able to lead a good team?

FultzNationRISE
06-16-2021, 10:50 AM
It took the Bucks almost 50 years to get another Mvp calibre player after they traded Kareem to the Lakers so there is no way in hell they would trade Giannis to the Mavs unless they get Luka in return plus picks as well.

Agreed.

Giannis is overrated, but he still has the media billing of a "superstar," which gives Milwaukee a lot of relevance. Swapping him for KP basically makes them nothing again. Cant imagine the franchise doing it.

90sgoat
06-16-2021, 10:57 AM
5 years is too long a wait.

I say 1 more year of "failure" for Giannis and Luka, and Giannis should force a trade and cite Dallas as his prefered destination.

I can see that, but I can also see Luka and Giannis doing a Bran and signing up for Lakers.

Could fit with AD being traded for Luka (maybe expiring), while Giannis being a free agent.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 02:59 PM
I don't like superstars leaving good teams when they themselves fail (Think Durant leaving OKC). People like Dame on the other hand should be free to change teams at this point since the Blazers FO can't surround him with elite talent, but why excuse Giannis for himself not being able to lead a good team?

But in this case Giannis simply is not good enough to be #1 on a championship team, so he needs to take a back seat to someone.

Clifton
06-16-2021, 03:05 PM
I would love to see this as well. But not too soon. Give it 5 years. I like my legendary superstars to spend at least a few years struggling with their original teams. Players that don't, it often goes wrong (Chris Webber)

They are truly a perfect pair. You can't imagine two guys who make more sense together

StrongLurk
06-16-2021, 03:05 PM
But in this case Giannis simply is not good enough to be #1 on a championship team, so he needs to take a back seat to someone.

Nah that's bullcrap, he needs to STAY and get better since he has a really good team around him. Sure, they need a new coach, but again superstars can't be leaving GOOD TEAMS when they themselves fail.

The NBA CANNOT have failing superstars leaving already really good teams all the time. It's already bad enough with the current state of the NBA, the younger generation can't be doing the same.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 03:20 PM
Nah that's bullcrap, he needs to STAY and get better since he has a really good team around him. Sure, they need a new coach, but again superstars can't be leaving GOOD TEAMS when they themselves fail.

The NBA CANNOT have failing superstars leaving already really good teams all the time. It's already bad enough with the current state of the NBA, the younger generation can't be doing the same.

What do you mean?

Giannis' natural role is that of an OP sidekick, he simply can't fill the #1 role on a title team.

So why should he stay and play out of his element?

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Luke to Milwaukee?

I think he'll stay with the Clippers tbh

r0drig0lac
06-16-2021, 03:55 PM
nah, bring Luka to Milwaukee, **** the Mavs

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Great take.

Giannis can't be a #1 on a championship team since you can't give him the ball and ask him to get a bucket in any situation from anywhere. Luka has that ability.

Mask the Embiid
06-16-2021, 07:00 PM
Luka should thrive in the scottie pippen role(minus the defense and iq)....even i can admit that

He's like a rich man's hedo....minus the iq & height

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 07:23 PM

:milton

Axe
06-16-2021, 07:46 PM
I don't see greek dominating in the west but who knows. This tandem could prove themselves useful.

Axe
06-16-2021, 07:46 PM
An easier path indeed.