PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's injury is utterly heartbreaking for the Clippers

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 09:36 AM
This season was a golden chance for the Clippers to finally come out of the West and win the title.

Now Kawhi's knee injury has ruined all of that.

Next season is going to be an utter bloodbath in the West with the Warriors returning and the Lakers being fully healthy so the chances of the Clippers having this easy of a path to next years finals is very slim.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 09:37 AM
The Clippers are really cursed as a team.

06-16-2021, 09:38 AM
Nah they'll be fine

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 09:40 AM
Nah they'll be fine

This was the year for them to finally win a title or at least get to the finals with all the injures that every other top team like the Nets is suffering from.

Next season is going to be an utter bloodbath in the West with the Warriors returning and the Lakers being fully healthy once again so the chances of the Clippers having this easy of a path again to next years finals is very slim.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 09:45 AM
they were losing this series anyway

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 09:47 AM

They had figured out the Jazz with their small-ball line up they were so going to win this series if Kawhi had managed to stay healthy.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 09:54 AM
They had figured out the Jazz with their small-ball line up they were so going to win this series if Kawhi had managed to stay healthy.

No.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 09:56 AM
No.

Why not as they have been utterly manhandling the Jazz and shutting down their offence since the halfway point of game 2 once they went small.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 09:57 AM
Why not as they have been manhandling the Jazz since the halfway point of game 2 once they went small

The Jazz have the best HC in the NBA and thus the bookies still considered them favorites.

Conley was bound to come back which makes the disparity between the two even greater.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 10:27 AM
The NBA schedule has been brutal, not just because of the condensed season but also due to the short turnaround times. The Lakers & Heat played their last games of the 2020 season on October 11 and played the first preseason game of the 2021 season on Dec 11th. That's exactly 2 months between games and if you count the start of training camp a week prior to that, it becomes even less than that. You can add 2 more weeks of rest for the conference finalists, conference semi-finalists and so forth and it isn't much rest period for anyone but teams who didn't make the bubble or the playoffs last season.

The NBA promised a midseason break and no all-star game and yet the money-grabbing asshole that Adam Silver is, had to take that back and have an all-star game, so another week's worth of rest gone for the all-stars.

You sow what you reap and the **** platter on Silver's desk is what he signed up for trying to cram 90% of an NBA season into half a season's duration.

hold this L
06-16-2021, 10:31 AM
This honestly feels like a lost opportunity because of what you said, Lakers and Warriors will likely come back with vengeance next season. Murray hopefully back means Nuggets will be much stronger.

hold this L
06-16-2021, 10:32 AM
The NBA schedule has been brutal, not just because of the condensed season but also due to the short turnaround times. The Lakers & Heat played their last games of the 2020 season on October 11 and played the first preseason game of the 2021 season on Dec 11th. That's exactly 2 months between games and if you count the start of training camp a week prior to that, it becomes even less than that. You can add 2 more weeks of rest for the conference finalists, conference semi-finalists and so forth and it isn't much rest period for anyone but teams who didn't make the bubble or the playoffs last season.

The NBA promised a midseason break and no all-star game and yet the money-grabbing asshole that Adam Silver is, had to take that back and have an all-star game, so another week's worth of rest gone for the all-stars.

You sow what you reap and the **** platter on Silver's desk is what he signed up for trying to cram 90% of an NBA season into half a season's duration.

Reality is that Silver and any other **** like him don't care if all superstars get injured and ruin their careers as long as they make top end dollar. It looks like they're making bank this season.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 10:35 AM
Reality is that Silver and any other **** like him don't care if all superstars get injured and ruin their careers as long as they make top end dollar. It looks like they're making bank this season.

If I am the Warriors I would be holding Klay back from playing as long as possible until he is fully 100 percent healthy as if he suffers a serious injury again next season then they are royally screwed as Curry is not going to be happy playing with bums anymore after what he had to go through this season.

The Warriors future all rests on Klay's health as Steph will request a trade if he seriously gets injured again as that could be 3 straight seasons of missing the playoffs for him which would really piss him off and make him seek to leave the Warriors.

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 10:37 AM
Kawhi was playing so well. Now we know why he had to take so much time off. His legs are a ticking time bomb.

He went out balling.

hold this L
06-16-2021, 11:45 AM
If I am the Warriors I would be holding Klay back from playing as long as possible until he is fully 100 percent healthy as if he suffers a serious injury again next season then they are royally screwed as Curry is not going to be happy playing with bums anymore after what he had to go through this season.

The Warriors future all rests on Klay's health as Steph will request a trade if he seriously gets injured again as that could be 3 straight seasons of missing the playoffs for him which would really piss him off and make him seek to leave the Warriors.
I'm with you on Klay. To me, Klay comes back when fully fit, plays a month in the G-league, and then slowly comes back into the team with 20 minutes or more bit by bit. Steph's contract is ending so what you're saying could happen. Right now they need to sign 2 proper vets to improve the depth and experience of this team.

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 11:52 AM
I'm with you on Klay. To me, Klay comes back when fully fit, plays a month in the G-league, and then slowly comes back into the team with 20 minutes or more bit by bit. Steph's contract is ending so what you're saying could happen. Right now they need to sign 2 proper vets to improve the depth and experience of this team.

The Warriors are in cap hell and paying massive money in taxes which could go up to 400 million per season I wouldn't honestly be surprised that if Klay suffered a serious injury again next season god forbid.

That the Warriors ownership wouldn't try blowing up the team to save themselves hundreds of millions of dollars as at the end of the day the NBA is a business for owners.

But I personally do think the Warriors will be back in business with a healthy Klay next season if they can just iron out that awful bench they currently have.

Xiao Yao You
06-16-2021, 11:58 AM
The Jazz have the best HC in the NBA and thus the bookies still considered them favorites.

Conley was bound to come back which makes the disparity between the two even greater.

COTY? :roll:

coastalmarker99
06-16-2021, 12:01 PM

The so-called COTY refuses to Adjust his so-called perfect system when it is clearly not working and any Jazz fan will tell that it has bit the Jazz in the ass in their prior playoff runs.

Xiao Yao You
06-16-2021, 12:13 PM
The so-called COTY refuses to Adjust his so-called perfect system when it is clearly not working and any Jazz fan will tell that it has bit the Jazz in the ass in their prior playoff runs.

bit them in the ass this year and last certainly. Prior to that not really. He used to be more flexible

RRR3
06-16-2021, 12:55 PM
COTY is Thibs.

Stephonit
06-16-2021, 01:55 PM
The Clippers do seem cursed. One would think that with the talented teams they've had the past decade that they'd have made the conference finals at least once. But have they even done that yet?

06-16-2021, 01:58 PM
Its time for pg13 to put his big boy pants on

Thenameless
06-16-2021, 02:05 PM
You know, as much as I deride the Clippers as a loser franchise, for a few days there they were starting to look like dangerous contenders for the Championship with both Harden and Kyrie down. It's amazing how playoff fortunes have turned this post season due to injuries. Embiid, AD, Lebron, Kyrie, Harden, CP3, Conley, Mitchell, Jamal Murray, and now Kawhi...it's crazy.

TAZORAC
06-16-2021, 02:07 PM

Not saying he's on the same level but Conley is out for the Jazz...Conley is the main guy who sets up alot of 3's for the Jazz (best 3 point shooting team in NBA). So their missing him as well.

hold this L
06-16-2021, 02:35 PM
The Warriors are in cap hell and paying massive money in taxes which could go up to 400 million per season I wouldn't honestly be surprised that if Klay suffered a serious injury again next season god forbid.

That the Warriors ownership wouldn't try blowing up the team to save themselves hundreds of millions of dollars as at the end of the day the NBA is a business for owners.

But I personally do think the Warriors will be back in business with a healthy Klay next season if they can just iron out that awful bench they currently have.

Lacob is filthy rich and has made it clear he will spend if it means winning. But obviously in this case it'll be with vets since Dray is on 25m, Wig on 30m and Klay on 35m.

r0drig0lac
06-16-2021, 03:59 PM

lol no way

HylianNightmare
06-16-2021, 06:35 PM
So bummed. I wanted clippers nets

Phoenix
06-16-2021, 06:40 PM
This year is going to produce the unlikeliest champion in a long time. So many injuries have completely changed the trajectory of the playoffs.

Spurs m8
06-16-2021, 06:40 PM
Cry me a river....fvck Kawhi, fvck the Flippers, fvck the Morris twin and fvck Steve Ballmer.

Be a dog...get dog things

kenneth_griffin
06-16-2021, 06:44 PM
curses are real.. when the original Celtics franchise was traded for the Buffalo braves the Celtics who were 13 time champions at the time became the Los Angeles clippers and the Buffalo braves became the new Boston Celtics.

so technically Boston has 17 banners but the Celtics as they are today are only 4 time champions

the clippers are in fact 13 time champions but they don't acknowledge that part of their history same as the thunder don't count the sonics stuff.

the owner at the time did it because they wanted to bring a winning culture over but it cursed them ever since

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 06:45 PM

are you trying to say something?

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2021, 06:45 PM
lol no way

im sorry, just every bookie around the world thought so.

Axe
06-16-2021, 08:37 PM
Ty lue doesn't deserve to win another ring as a coach.

SATAN
06-16-2021, 09:07 PM
Maybe creating a Leonard centered troll account on ish will pay off next season HBK :lol

coastalmarker99
06-19-2021, 08:39 AM
No.

:lol

coastalmarker99
06-19-2021, 08:40 AM

:roll:

coastalmarker99
06-19-2021, 08:41 AM

:roll::hammerhead:

clipps
06-19-2021, 09:00 AM
Clippers can win the title with or without Kawhi.

coin24
06-19-2021, 09:04 AM
How bad is the knee?

coastalmarker99
06-19-2021, 09:24 AM
How bad is the knee?

From what I have read his knee is going to require surgery and thus I believe he will be done for the rest of the year.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2021, 09:34 AM
:roll::hammerhead:

why are you laughing?

You said this injury cost them :oldlol:

Akeem34TheDream
06-19-2021, 10:05 AM
why are you laughing?

You said this injury cost them :oldlol:

Because your prediction was even worse.

MadDog
06-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Even if Paul misses a game, I doubt they'll beat Phoenix. They deserve their respect for beating Utah though.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Because your prediction was even worse.

Yeah, going with the bookies 75% estimate is something to point out...

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2021, 10:18 AM
Even if Paul misses a game, I doubt they'll beat Phoenix. They deserve their respect for beating Utah though.

lol, Paul is missing minimum 2 games

tpols
06-19-2021, 10:18 AM
So Clippers easily won without Kawhi lol.