0-0
0-3
5-11
5-8

10-28 (35.7%)

I fking trust Ben Wallace at the line more than I do Ben Simmons

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2021, 10:40 PM
Him & Giannis have been something else at the FT line, literally worse than Shaq. Even Luka was dreadful

Axe
06-16-2021, 10:42 PM
It's laughable af to be honest.

Taurus
06-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Giannis is at 41.6% in the Nets Series

15/36 (41.6%)

StrongLurk
06-16-2021, 11:06 PM
Simmons is easily the most overrated player in the NBA over the last few years.

GOBB
06-16-2021, 11:10 PM
The free throw shit is overstated. Even Luka shot poor from free throw. No one made a big deal.

His free throws aint the issue. If u listed bens issues free throws aint at the top.

Smoke117
06-16-2021, 11:12 PM
The free throw shit is overstated. Even Luka shot poor from free throw. No one made a big deal.

His free throws aint the issue. If u listed bens issues free throws aint at the top.

Uh...when it's this bad it's an issue. This is embarrassing.

Spurs m8
06-16-2021, 11:36 PM
BTW, without starting a new thread (ish style), was this the final straw for Simmons?

There was talks last off season of a trade, but I guess they waited to see what Doc could do with the Emchoke/Simmons duo....

It's over though yeah?

plowking
06-16-2021, 11:38 PM

Not able to sink at a rate of 1 in 3... and taking a lot of fts.

It is. Especially when games are decided by a few points.

fourkicks44
06-16-2021, 11:39 PM
BTW, without starting a new thread (ish style), was this the final straw for Simmons?

There was talks last off season of a trade, but I guess they waited to see what Doc could do with the Emchoke/Simmons duo....

It's over though yeah?

Who would want the idiot?

Trade value must be at rock bottom.

n00bie
06-16-2021, 11:40 PM
I can't imagine how people think he's a star in this league. How the hell do you play as a point / shooting guard but can't shoot?

Druckenmiller
06-16-2021, 11:40 PM

It's over though yeah?

It should be over today. Literally. They should bench him the way the Nets benched DeAndre Jordan. I’m not kidding.

MadDog
06-16-2021, 11:41 PM

Simmons doesn't produce like Luka. And brings less to the table. Its an issue whether or not you see it.

n00bie
06-16-2021, 11:47 PM

Shooting is his issue. 3 pointers, mid range, free throws.. so yes free throws would be considered at the top.

Honor Boost
06-16-2021, 11:48 PM
Bad year for free throw shooting

GOBB
06-17-2021, 12:35 AM
You dudes clearly are prisoners of the moment. Ben before the hack a Ben happened shot poor from FT. No one including you dudes said a word. Why? It didn’t matter. You fans who think the free throws are a big deal just do so in a lazy manner. Again if I asked you geniuses to list the issues with Ben free throws % would not be at the f*cling top. Stop making it a big deal. Shits annoying. And it’s a weak and lazy way for fans who really don’t follow the guy to make.

Ben played 38 minutes and has 4 field goal attempts but you dudes want to sit here and talk like scholars about free throws being an issue. It’s not. Ask me why a 6’10 240+ player who has HAD mismatches this series attempted 4 shots in 38min of a 48min game? Wait what’s that? FREE THROWS! That’s it. Problem solved. He shoots poorly which is why he only has 4 shot attempts in 38mins.

Trying hard not to call you dudes f*cking retards.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 12:42 AM
Simmons doesn't produce like Luka. And brings less to the table. Its an issue whether or not you see it.

Ohhhhhhh so if u produce you sweep under the rug how pathetic one shoots at free throws? The logic in that is dumb as shit. I can’t believe clowns even believe this. Hypothetically let’s say Luka last game he goes 2-4 and 1-8 from free throw as his team gets eliminated. Is it then where you and others chime in on how poorly he shot his free throws? Asking for a friend.

Let’s stop pretending Ben Simmons success revolves around shooting free throws. Let’s stop pretending Ben Simmons success revolves around shooting the 3. Becuase he would resemble Giannis. And Giannis is getting killed for shooting and not attacking the basket. Which is the main issue of what Ben should be getting criticized for. His lack of aggression to score at the rim and take advantage of mismatches. Not free throws. It’s the fact he plays majority of the game and only attempts 4 shots. Not free throws.

Ben is avg 7 FGA this series. Let’s talk free throws tho. He’s a 59-60% shooter. He makes a couple to get closer to his reg season/career avg. ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH from this so called generational talent, maxed out Draymond green player.

You dudes need to smarten up. Free throws, this is what we are harping on. Pathetic.

Spurs m8
06-17-2021, 12:46 AM
You dudes clearly are prisoners of the moment. Ben before the hack a Ben happened shot poor from FT. No one including you dudes said a word. Why? It didn’t matter. You fans who think the free throws are a big deal just do so in a lazy manner. Again if I asked you geniuses to list the issues with Ben free throws % would not be at the f*cling top. Stop making it a big deal. Shits annoying. And it’s a weak and lazy way for fans who really don’t follow the guy to make.

Ben played 38 minutes and has 4 field goal attempts but you dudes want to sit here and talk like scholars about free throws being an issue. It’s not. Ask me why a 6’10 240+ player who has HAD mismatches this series attempted 4 shots in 38min of a 48min game? Wait what’s that? FREE THROWS! That’s it. Problem solved. He shoots poorly which is why he only has 4 shot attempts in 38mins.

Trying hard not to call you dudes f*cking retards.

30m - 170m total....for 4 FG attempts.

Considering the dude has no 3 AND can't shoot ft...they're some pretty expensive assists...granted his defense is okay as well.
But his lack of confidence in shooting ft also effects his overall limited offensive game

Maybe people are harsh...but with the money he's making...and the choking when it matters...people have a right to be critical tbh

Now put your toys back in the cot

GOBB
06-17-2021, 01:03 AM
30m - 170m total....for 4 FG attempts.

Considering the dude has no 3 AND can't shoot ft...they're some pretty expensive assists...granted his defense is okay as well.
But his lack of confidence in shooting ft also effects his overall limited offensive game

Maybe people are harsh...but with the money he's making...and the choking when it matters...people have a right to be critical tbh

Now put your toys back in the cot

I’m not denying anyone’s right to be critical. What they are critical of is mind boggling. There are other ISSUES far more pressing than his free throw shooting. When mentioning his poor free throw shooting it should be an add on, extra an “oh by the way”. It shouldn’t be a main topic.

There’s a lot to be critical of with Ben this series. Posters here starting with free throws don’t know shit. It’s by far the laziest and weakest cop out ever. Like handing in an unfinished paper.

I’m the teacher who sends it back to the student to ask for more. That’s my point. Not one thread discusses Ben taking 4 shots in 38mins tho. Not one thread takes a shot at Ben playing overly passive. We will go with the lazy, easy way out of free throws. Yeah that’s the main story.

King Kawhi
06-17-2021, 01:06 AM
It’s crazy to think how they just can’t improve their free throw shooting

MadDog
06-17-2021, 01:54 AM
Ohhhhhhh so if u produce you sweep under the rug how pathetic one shoots at free throws? The logic in that is dumb as shit. I canÂ’t believe clowns even believe this. Hypothetically letÂ’s say Luka last game he goes 2-4 and 1-8 from free throw as his team gets eliminated. Is it then where you and others chime in on how poorly he shot his free throws? Asking for a friend.

LetÂ’s stop pretending Ben Simmons success revolves around shooting free throws. LetÂ’s stop pretending Ben Simmons success revolves around shooting the 3. Becuase he would resemble Giannis. And Giannis is getting killed for shooting and not attacking the basket. Which is the main issue of what Ben should be getting criticized for. His lack of aggression to score at the rim and take advantage of mismatches. Not free throws. ItÂ’s the fact he plays majority of the game and only attempts 4 shots. Not free throws.

Ben is avg 7 FGA this series. LetÂ’s talk free throws tho. HeÂ’s a 59-60% shooter. He makes a couple to get closer to his reg season/career avg. ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH from this so called generational talent, maxed out Draymond green player.

You dudes need to smarten up. Free throws, this is what we are harping on. Pathetic.

You're confused and sound emotional. Its not that Luka's freethrows dont matter, its that compared to Simmons they're less important. Ben averages 14 points and shoots 6 freethrows a game. That ratio gives Philly fans diarrhea.

Your comparison to Giannis makes no sense either. You say Ben gets criticized for the same reason Giannis does, but then ramble on about his aggression. :oldlol: Giannis' problem isnt "aggression" or attacking the paint. Its his shooting, period. Same thing with Ben except he's more predictable. Dont know what you've been watching, but Ben doesn't have the same athleticism or finishing ability. And without shooting, it makes his play easy to gameplan for.

The Sixers are never winning with a PG who shoots like discount Rondo.

Spurs m8
06-17-2021, 02:06 AM
I’m not denying anyone’s right to be critical. What they are critical of is mind boggling. There are other ISSUES far more pressing than his free throw shooting. When mentioning his poor free throw shooting it should be an add on, extra an “oh by the way”. It shouldn’t be a main topic.

There’s a lot to be critical of with Ben this series. Posters here starting with free throws don’t know shit. It’s by far the laziest and weakest cop out ever. Like handing in an unfinished paper.

I’m the teacher who sends it back to the student to ask for more. That’s my point. Not one thread discusses Ben taking 4 shots in 38mins tho. Not one thread takes a shot at Ben playing overly passive. We will go with the lazy, easy way out of free throws. Yeah that’s the main story.

Okay, my bad, I see your point mate

Akeem34TheDream
06-17-2021, 02:07 AM
Terrible free throw shooting leads to lack of aggression and confidence.

LAL
06-17-2021, 02:59 AM

Yup that's what's going on. All mental. Never looks tired, does everything not to embarass himself. I would've fought a teammate like that.

Most disgusting thing is the 0 shot attempts in the 4th past 2 games, where Atlanta came back and won. There is no way...

Spurs m8
06-17-2021, 03:06 AM

Exactly...

And when you have no 3 or jump shot...and you literally rely on being aggressive to score....Well...

06-17-2021, 03:21 AM
Simmons is atrocious. He needs to start playing like mcgee with better passing

Spain_
06-17-2021, 03:30 AM

Free throw shooting is very important dafuq you talking about.
Simmons has literally left 39-12=27 points on the table (5 .5 ppg), its very likely they would have won game 5 if he made 10\14.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 07:26 AM
You're confused and sound emotional. Its not that Luka's freethrows dont matter, its that compared to Simmons they're less important. Ben averages 14 points and shoots 6 freethrows a game. That ratio gives Philly fans diarrhea.

Your comparison to Giannis makes no sense either. You say Ben gets criticized for the same reason Giannis does, but then ramble on about his aggression. :oldlol: Giannis' problem isnt "aggression" or attacking the paint. Its his shooting, period. Same thing with Ben except he's more predictable. Dont know what you've been watching, but Ben doesn't have the same athleticism or finishing ability. And without shooting, it makes his play easy to gameplan for.

The Sixers are never winning with a PG who shoots like discount Rondo.

You have a reading and comprehension problem. I said Giannis gets criticized for shooting jumpers instead of continuing to attack the basket. You clearly don’t watch games. Giannis was 1-8 from 3 and everyone kept asking “why do you keep shooting when attacking the rim is working?”. He posted up harden and took a fadeaway JUMPshot. Once again people ask why? Why with your size do you not attack the rim there. People who harp on Ben not shooting would change the narrative to why does he shoot and not attack the basket. If you can’t follow that then you’re a lost cause.

If Ben Simmons making 55-59% of his free throws is all he needs to do and he’s fine? Then you again do not watch much basketball. He makes 12 of those misses he’s around 60%. Now what? How does that change anything? Does that increase his ppg significantly? Does that increase his FGA significantly? No. Does that add more aggression to score at rim and take on mismatches? No.

We can be lazy fans and harp on free throws. Never said any fan couldn’t. But the fact it’s a thread over the real issues dealing with Ben and the sixers losing/going forward don’t have threads is mind boggling.

But let’s harp on free throws. If only he made 12-13 of those would this thread not exist and the focus is now on what? What is the focus on.

06-17-2021, 07:44 AM
You have a reading and comprehension problem. I said Giannis gets criticized for shooting jumpers instead of continuing to attack the basket. You clearly don’t watch games. Giannis was 1-8 from 3 and everyone kept asking “why do you keep shooting when attacking the rim is working?”. He posted up harden and took a fadeaway JUMPshot. Once again people ask why? Why with your size do you not attack the rim there. People who harp on Ben not shooting would change the narrative to why does he shoot and not attack the basket. If you can’t follow that then you’re a lost cause.

If Ben Simmons making 55-59% of his free throws is all he needs to do and he’s fine? Then you again do not watch much basketball. He makes 12 of those misses he’s around 60%. Now what? How does that change anything? Does that increase his ppg significantly? Does that increase his FGA significantly? No. Does that add more aggression to score at rim and take on mismatches? No.

We can be lazy fans and harp on free throws. Never said any fan couldn’t. But the fact it’s a thread over the real issues dealing with Ben and the sixers losing/going forward don’t have threads is mind boggling.

But let’s harp on free throws. If only he made 12-13 of those would this thread not exist and the focus is now on what? What is the focus on.
Imagine being mad that people care about supposed star players having baffling, egregious flaws.

Like, would you be bothered if Simmons couldnt touch the rim and people criticised him for being unathletic???

LAL
06-17-2021, 08:18 AM

It's not only free throws, i think people realized that already? Stop talking about Giannis flaws or shot selection. Two different planets, all you do is defend him and now you have nothing and realise the sixers are going to ship his ass out, you decided to attack people because they make a big deal about his free throws because it's not his biggest problem? Then you ignore other posters when they point out that free throws is one of the biggest reasons why he's not attacking as much, then add the fact he doesn't shoot at all. He hides.

But i understand why you're pissed off, just think your trust in Ben's game was too much.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 08:40 AM
It's not only free throws, i think people realized that already? Stop talking about Giannis flaws or shot selection. Two different planets, all you do is defend him and now you have nothing and realise the sixers are going to ship his ass out, you decided to attack people because they make a big deal about his free throws because it's not his biggest problem? Then you ignore other posters when they point out that free throws is one of the biggest reasons why he's not attacking as much, then add the fact he doesn't shoot at all. He hides.

But i understand why you're pissed off, just think your trust in Ben's game was too much.

Huh? You have to be the dumbest person I came across today and the day just started. I’ve been critical of Ben. I have threads here criticizing Ben. Somehow I trust Bens game and defend him? Shut the f*ck up clown.

Giannis flaws/shot selection has EVERY THING to do with the PEANUT GALLERY saying “He needs to shoot more!”. No he doesn’t. Because if he shot more he would be shooting like Giannis which is ASS. So the idea you want him to shoot for f*ck sake, miss and then post threads on how Fg% much like his ft%? Ben is who he is and has no room for improvement. Said this at season start d*ckhead. The best thing you can hope for is he has more aggressive streaks where he attacks the rim, takes advantage of mismatches due to size difference. There was a play in Wizards series where he grabbed offensive rebound literally in front of rim. He could have went back up and scored. He jumped grabbed rebound and fake passed the ball out not even lookin at rim. Came down and passed the ball out. Sixers did nothing that possession. Ben needs to grab rb and think score. He thinks pass out. Only time he has balls is on a fast break. Or a defensive break down where he has a free dunk to rim.

Free throws is one of the biggest reasons he’s not attacking? Are you remedial kid? In Wizards series prior to hack a Ben he only avg 3 free throw attempts per game. HE WAS NEVER ATTACKING THE RIM IDIOT. To think he doesn’t because he can’t make free throws is ludicrous. And it highlights my point in my rants. YOU DUDES DONT KNOW SHIT

GOBB
06-17-2021, 08:45 AM
Free throw shooting is very important dafuq you talking about.
Simmons has literally left 39-12=27 points on the table (5 .5 ppg), its very likely they would have won game 5 if he made 10\14.

What are you babbling about? Ben is a 60% free throw shooter. Do the math. He didn’t leave 27pts on the table given he’s never been a good free throw shooter to begin with. He left about 12 pts he should have had given his career and/or season %. He’s not shooting 75-80-90% from the line. Adjust your numbers now tell me how much the 12pts he’s left on the table this series matter. Then readjust them because we can’t factor in the games won only game lost since it’s hurting the sixers according to you.

Again free throws missed is on list of problems. But it’s well below the list of issues and not a main one. And I’ve yet to see threads addressing the main issues. No one gives a damn he can’t shoot free throws. He was missing them in the wins vs Wizards and none of you cared until a loss happened. Clown

Wally450
06-17-2021, 11:33 AM
Dude's always been a liability. This isn't anything new.

MadDog
06-17-2021, 11:59 AM

If Ben Simmons making 55-59% of his free throws is all he needs to do and heÂ’s fine? Then you again do not watch much basketball. He makes 12 of those misses heÂ’s around 60%. Now what? How does that change anything? Does that increase his ppg significantly? Does that increase his FGA significantly? No. Does that add more aggression to score at rim and take on mismatches? No.

We can be lazy fans and harp on free throws. Never said any fan couldnÂ’t. But the fact itÂ’s a thread over the real issues dealing with Ben and the sixers losing/going forward donÂ’t have threads is mind boggling.

But letÂ’s harp on free throws. If only he made 12-13 of those would this thread not exist and the focus is now on what? What is the focus on.

We all watch the games. But you're the only one lost and uninformed. Giannis not attacking a mismatch, in one game, doesn't mean its an issue. Driving to the paint and scoring in transition are what he's know for. Again, Giannis' problem has never been lack of aggression. Its shooting dimwit. :oldlol: Unlike Giannis though Ben doesn't have the same scoring ability. Apples and oranges. Open borders and welfare state. Yankees and Redsox. Night and day.

Instead of punching keys, start reading posts. Never claimed freethrows ARE the problem. They're an issue, as in one of MANY associated with shooting. Ben could have higher aggression and look to score more. OK. But his weak skillset is why he doesn't attack.

Right. Terrible freethrows and a broke jumper.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 12:12 PM
We all watch the games. But you're the only one lost and uninformed. Giannis not attacking a mismatch, in one game, doesn't mean its an issue. Driving to the paint and scoring in transition are what he's know for. Again, Giannis' problem has never been lack of aggression. Its shooting dimwit. :oldlol: Unlike Giannis though Ben doesn't have the same scoring ability. Apples and oranges. Open borders and welfare state. Yankees and Redsox. Night and day.

Instead of punching keys, start reading posts. Never claimed freethrows ARE the problem. They're an issue, as in one of MANY associated with shooting. Ben could have higher aggression and look to score more. OK. But his weak skillset is why he doesn't attack.

Right. Terrible freethrows and a broke jumper.

Yeah you’re not bright and it’s unfortunate. Ben jumper or lack there of is a topic from jackasses like yourself. The thing is Ben can’t shoot. But people WANT to see shots taken just because. I’m telling you shit for brains the end result would be him shooting like GIANNIS. No shot Giannis has no issue in the aggression and physicality department. That’s how he dominates and makes his earning. Ben Simmons doesn’t do that and yet people want him to shoot so he can fail so the issue is now “he can’t shoot”. Ben is successful scoring when he has moments of aggressiveness and attacking the rim. The issue is he doesn’t bottle that up for next game, game after etc it’s flashes in pans. When he destroyed Utah and the 3 time DPOY? That player doesn’t show up. That offense is a dead beat dad. Every once in awhile you’re get a pop up and box of pizza.

Why you couldn’t follow what was said is beyond me. Maybe you’re good at something else in life comprehending and understanding a reinforced point is not one of them. Not being able to decipher context aint one of them. But you’re probably a quality plumber so I’ll keep you in mind next time my toilet backs up.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 12:13 PM
Terrible free throw shooting does not lead to lack of aggression and confidence. That’s a bogus statement.

Spain_
06-17-2021, 01:15 PM
Terrible free throw shooting does not lead to lack of aggression and confidence. That’s a bogus statement.

you choose weird hills to die on man

GOBB
06-17-2021, 01:32 PM
you choose weird hills to die on man

Shaq. Yeah that’s a guy who lacked aggression. Yeah

LAL
06-17-2021, 02:44 PM
Terrible free throw shooting does not lead to lack of aggression and confidence. ThatÂ’s a bogus statement.

This is comical. Even Lebron loses aggression and confidence to drive in tight 4th quarters, simmons is worse. Atleast lebron makes a couple of those lazy long range threes.

Since he has a terrible jumper, he should not shoot you say and you still arrogantly defend him like a nut, what should Sixers management do with Simmons in your opinion?

GOBB
06-17-2021, 03:05 PM
This is comical. Even Lebron loses aggression and confidence to drive in tight 4th quarters, simmons is worse. Atleast lebron makes a couple of those lazy long range threes.

Since he has a terrible jumper, he should not shoot you say and you still arrogantly defend him like a nut, what should Sixers management do with Simmons in your opinion?

Ben Simmons hasnt been aggressive to the basket his entire career. What makes you think that’s due to lacking confidence in his free throws? Just moronic to say the least. Giannis shoots atrocious in the playoffs from free throw. 52% these playoffs. One postseason went to the line 11 times and shot 64%. All his % have been Ben Simmons in regular season like. So miss me with your stupid ass argument.

How am o defending him? You dudes are either foreigners or really lack comprehension skills. And that’s scary an sad. Where do u see me defending how poorly he shots from free throw? Again I’m saying there are bigger issues than that. Make a thread about how he avg 7 FGA this series and attempt 4 field goals in 38mins. No one is speaking on that. Cool

Always said sixers need to move him for a stud scoring guard. Whether that can be Brad Beal or Damian Lillard? Probably a stretch but those are the kind of players we need in a Ben Simmons trade package. Wanted James harden but was hesitant especially considering how much Houston wanted (overkill due to morey). Becuase harden resigning there is no guarantee. So having him for 2 seasons only? Meh. Unless I can get his word or an extension signed.

Trading Ben for draft picks and unproven young players helps none. We need to get back an all star caliber if not all star player in a deal.

MadDog
06-17-2021, 03:54 PM
Yeah you’re not bright and it’s unfortunate. Ben jumper or lack there of is a topic from jackasses like yourself. The thing is Ben can’t shoot. But people WANT to see shots taken just because. I’m telling you shit for brains the end result would be him shooting like GIANNIS. No shot Giannis has no issue in the aggression and physicality department. That’s how he dominates and makes his earning. Ben Simmons doesn’t do that and yet people want him to shoot so he can fail so the issue is now “he can’t shoot”. Ben is successful scoring when he has moments of aggressiveness and attacking the rim. The issue is he doesn’t bottle that up for next game, game after etc it’s flashes in pans. When he destroyed Utah and the 3 time DPOY? That player doesn’t show up. That offense is a dead beat dad. Every once in awhile you’re get a pop up and box of pizza.

Why you couldn’t follow what was said is beyond me. Maybe you’re good at something else in life comprehending and understanding a reinforced point is not one of them. Not being able to decipher context aint one of them. But you’re probably a quality plumber so I’ll keep you in mind next time my toilet backs up.

Maybe you never played. Or just remedial. Either way you’re still playing catch up. Again, Ben can be "aggressive" all he wants, but his play is still limited. Zero moves and too predictable. For someone handling the ball as much as he does, only way to improve is working on a shot. Until then he’s a scoring liability and easy to contain. .

Drop the Giannis comparison too. The conclusion is stupid and leads nowhere, kinda like the posts you’ve made. How and WHY do you have 50,000 of them anyway? You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. Nor have the capability to form a logical conclusion. If I were you I’d stop talking about the game, and what people do for a living. Focus on that GED, Magoo.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 06:08 PM
Maybe you never played. Or just remedial. Either way you’re still playing catch up. Again, Ben can be "aggressive" all he wants, but his play is still limited. Zero moves and too predictable. For someone handling the ball as much as he does, only way to improve is working on a shot. Until then he’s a scoring liability and easy to contain. .

Drop the Giannis comparison too. The conclusion is stupid and leads nowhere, kinda like the posts you’ve made. How and WHY do you have 50,000 of them anyway? You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. Nor have the capability to form a logical conclusion. If I were you I’d stop talking about the game, and what people do for a living. Focus on that GED, Magoo.

Working on his shot is a waste of time. This is what your hard headed ass keeps forgetting. What’s going to happen is he will shoot, brick and have a poor % from jumpers taken. Then you are making posts how “he’s not working on shooting. He’s not shooting 1,000 shots a day. He needs to train with ray allen” like all of a sudden that’ll help him. He can not shoot. You keep thinking he can.

He’s been in the NBA for 5 seasons and somehow you want him to work on a skill he hasn’t been good at since HS. Which was 7 years ago roughly. And you have the nerve to call me remedial? We are about to finish another season. And another “Ben just needs to work on shooting” is said. It ain’t happening. Wake up!

The Giannis comparison isn’t bad at all. Want me to use Draymond Green? He shoots. He’s ass at it. You want Ben to shoot just to shoot so he can have a bad %. We laugh. We clown. We say he needs to improve? Ben has a better chance scoring at the basket than shooting pointless jumpers that will brick. People keep saying it’s 4 v 5. Guess what? The DEFENSE doesn’t change if Ben is jacking up jumpers. He’s not going to be a player that a defender says overnight “I can’t back up off him”. Westbrook still has guys backing up off him. Below the FT line. But somehow Ben shooting jumpers will help. Solid.

Zero moves and too predictable? Sounds like Giannis. U do know Giannis has no skills right? He scores off pure agression and physical attributes. No handles, no creating off the dribble, no post moves, not a shooter that you need to worry about. Teams defend him playing off. Watch tape.

Heck Blake Griffin was 5 feet off Giannis who dribbled like a 8th grader. Reset. Mind you had space to shoot a jumper then just bully balled to the basket. No skill. He’s great at what he does tho. Phenomenal. Ben ain’t cut from the same physical and athleticism cloth. But don’t tell me about zero moves and too predictable like Giannis ain’t. Nitwit

Jasper
06-17-2021, 06:08 PM

ahh you know as well as me that defense ,boards , and free throws wins playoff games.
tally them up and your team as well as mine would be a point or two from a win , if FT's were made.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 06:19 PM
ahh you know as well as me that defense ,boards , and free throws wins playoff games.
tally them up and your team as well as mine would be a point or two from a win , if FT's were made.

Sure there are moments where free throws are critical. Embiid was shooting perfect. Missed two at end of game. Those matter. Ben shot 4–14, hypothetically he hits 8-14 which is around his FT avg. I don’t see that shifting the game dramatically. We can agree to disagree on that. However sixers had a 20+ lead in the game and Ben only took 4 shots. He played 38 out of 48mins. If Ben attempts more field goals and scores more than 8pts (half came from free throws mind u). Sixers win the game. I refuse to sit here and harp on Ben lack of free throw shooting when he’s never been good at it to begin with. So why is that the end all be all and not him putting up 4 FGA? Help me understand why that’s not highlighted enough. At some point embiid fire will dimmer. Where is Ben at? Like we are literally banking on his free throw shooting and not him helping out by attempting to score buckets? Solid.

paksat
06-17-2021, 07:46 PM

you ever played basketball before you load of bullshit?

he's not attacking because he'll get fouled and those numbers will plummet even more.

You don't take just 4 shots because your confidence is sky high. It's in his head, it's the main reason he only takes a few shots. Because he can't hit the jumpers which leaves one thing, driving to the basket which is gonna lead to a foul.

damn you suck at literally everything.

GOBB
06-17-2021, 09:23 PM
you ever played basketball before you load of bullshit?

he's not attacking because he'll get fouled and those numbers will plummet even more.

You don't take just 4 shots because your confidence is sky high. It's in his head, it's the main reason he only takes a few shots. Because he can't hit the jumpers which leaves one thing, driving to the basket which is gonna lead to a foul.

damn you suck at literally everything.

This issue of him not attacking has gone on his entire career you jackass. Against Boston in playoffs he went 0-4 with 1pt. Went 1-2 from FT. Let me guess his confidence was screwed so he didn’t attack the rim that game for fear of being fouled and missing free throws. Bwahaha and he wasn’t in foul trouble. So explain mr I play basketball. Why did he only take 4 fg attempts in a playoff game and score 1pt?

You guys don’t know what you are talking about.

Druckenmiller
06-17-2021, 10:35 PM
This issue of him not attacking has gone on his entire career you jackass. Against Boston in playoffs he went 0-4 with 1pt. Went 1-2 from FT. Let me guess his confidence was screwed so he didn’t attack the rim that game for fear of being fouled and missing free throws. Bwahaha and he wasn’t in foul trouble. So explain mr I play basketball. Why did he only take 4 fg attempts in a playoff game and score 1pt?

You guys don’t know what you are talking about.

Because he’s a *****. Thats all you need to know about Bent Simmons on the basketball court.

LAL
06-18-2021, 01:37 AM
Gobb, your boy can't shoot, won't shoot, not aggressive enough driving, one of the worst free throw shooters.. especially in 4th quarters, hides on offence. And you'd like to see him get traded. (For superstars)

Weird stuff.

GOBB
06-18-2021, 08:10 AM
Gobb, your boy can't shoot, won't shoot, not aggressive enough driving, one of the worst free throw shooters.. especially in 4th quarters, hides on offence. And you'd like to see him get traded. (For superstars)

Weird stuff.

Weird is you thinking you have a pulse on how leagues view/value Ben Simmons. Breaking news, it’s not the same as you my guy. If anything Doc Rivers is a testament to that fact where he doesn’t understand fans like yourself talking bad about Ben. So you actually think other teams (front offices/coaches) feel the same way as you? Yikes, the arrogance of a couch potato.

Jasper
06-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Atlanta Series:

3-10
0-2
4-8
1-5
4-14

12-39 (30.7%)

Wizards Series:

0-6
0-0
0-3
5-11
5-8

10-28 (35.7%)

I fking trust Ben Wallace at the line more than I do Ben Simmons

Guys that have ingrained issues at the line , need to bank their shots or shoot the free throw underhanded.
They are so locked into bad habits