PDA

View Full Version : How was Roy Hibbert who averaged 10.8/6.6 an all-star in 2014?

theman93
06-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Was the East just that weak in the 2010's?

We need somebody to explain this.

06-17-2021, 02:05 PM
Was the East just that weak in the 2010's?

We need somebody to explain this.
Once upon a time, rappers and twitch streamers were allowed to play in the nba. Then everything changed when Emoni Bates attacked

3ball
06-17-2021, 02:08 PM
1-star teams have routinely won the East, starting with Iverson on 2001, or Dwight, Kidd, and Lebron, along with Jimmy Butler and Kawhi.

Only Lebron's super-teams from 11-17' interrupted a trend of 1-star teams winning the 00's East

It was the weakest conference in history until Durant got there

06-17-2021, 02:09 PM
1-star teams have routinely won the East, starting with Iverson on 2001, or Dwight, Kidd, and Lebron, along with Jimmy Butler and Kawhi.

Only Lebron's super-teams from 11-17' interrupted a trend of 1-star teams winning the 00's East

It was the weakest conference in history until Durant got there
Also its quite likely that a 1-star team will exit this years east

ImKobe
06-17-2021, 02:12 PM
All-NBA 2014 EC: Lebron (1st), Noah (1st), George (3rd), Al Jefferson (3rd)

So the East was incredibly weak with 4 out of 15 All-NBA players in their Conference and only two 50+ win teams, which is why a scrub like Hibbert could be an All-Star with 11/7 averages, and why a spot-up shooter like Korver could make the all-star game while averaging just 12 ppg on catch & shoot 3s the next year.

pandiani17
06-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Unlike other posters, I will try to answer your question. I don't remember very well, but I think Hibbert had the second best numbers for a center in the East, plus his Pacers team was steamrolling the East at that point. In the second part of the season, that Pacers team turned into a soap-opera with the addition of Evan Turner (and Andrew Bynum IIRC) that led to less playing time for some players who were there before, Paul George banging teammates girlfriends, etc.

bullettooth
06-17-2021, 04:24 PM
Fluke season for him. Kind of like Joakim Noah, for a brief time was amazing.

theman93
06-17-2021, 04:36 PM
Fluke season for him. Kind of like Joakim Noah, for a brief time was amazing.

Was his stat line in game 4 in the ECF a more accurate representation of the player he was? 0 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 turnovers

dazzer87
06-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Hibbert>>>> Ewing/Mourning on the way to the finals…….:pimp:

bullettooth
06-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Was his stat line in game 4 in the ECF a more accurate representation of the player he was? 0 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 turnovers

Oh yeah, I remember that... ISH had some hilarious photoshops:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_HbhsIUAIBY52.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb94fs7J/hibbert-trash.png

bullettooth
06-17-2021, 04:47 PM
that was the east at the time

hence lebrons 8 straight nba finals

This too. The only team that was ever really a threat was a young underdeveloped Bulls team... LeVoodoo took care of that on April 28th, 2012.

Shooter
06-17-2021, 04:54 PM
that was the east at the time

hence lebrons 8 straight nba finals

King Paul George
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert
Lance Stephenson

#1 defense

You lose again :lol

Hey Yo
06-17-2021, 04:56 PM
Coach chose him, he wasn't voted in

Dbrog
06-17-2021, 04:57 PM
Unlike other posters, I will try to answer your question. I don't remember very well, but I think Hibbert had the second best numbers for a center in the East, plus his Pacers team was steamrolling the East at that point. In the second part of the season, that Pacers team turned into a soap-opera with the addition of Evan Turner (and Andrew Bynum IIRC) that led to less playing time for some players who were there before, Paul George banging teammates girlfriends, etc.

Wasn't he also averaging like...4 blocks per game that season? I remember having him on my fantasy squad at one point and he was throwing out 6+ block games

brownmamba00
06-17-2021, 05:27 PM
He was in the right situation.

Vogel loves funneling the opposition to the middle. PG GHill and Lance used to be agressive on defense chasing everyone off the 3pt line.

All Hibbert had to do was stand there and time his jump to block/contest at the rim.

The league back then wasn't going crazy over stretch bigs and the post up bigs went extinct around that time. So he never had to worry about his man going off.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2021, 06:01 PM
Lowry - bench warmer in West, perennial all-star and led 1 seeds and ECF runs

DeFrozen - 0 all stars in West, perennial all star in Least leading 1 seeds and deep playoffs, missed playoffs in West

Millsap - perennial all star in Least, 0 all-star in West, best player on 1 seed in Least, bench player in West

Isaiah - bench warmer in West, b2b all star in Least, led 1 seeds and had a top 5 MVP finish

Horford - perennial all star in Least, 1 quarter away from finals as teams best player in Least. Bench warmer on lotto teams in West

IsoJoe - decent starter in West, perennial all star and one of the biggest contacts of the era in Least

Deng - multiple all star in Least, bench warmer out West

Teague and Korver - all stars in Least, afterthoughts in West

Dwight - MVP candidate, runner-up finish, led finals team in Least. Just a solid all star in West

Jimmy - led finals teams in Least, 1st round exit in a gentleman sweep out West

Playoff P - perennial all star in Least, led 1 seeds and deep ECF runs as the main option. Injury reserve all star selection first West out, multiple 1st round exits as the favorite out West

I could keep going babybois:oldlol: