PDA

View Full Version : Celtics just got rid of Kemba Walker

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 09:29 AM
Traded him and a first to OKC so they can retire AL Horford's jersey.

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2021, 09:30 AM
Celtics got fleeced

imdaman99
06-18-2021, 09:31 AM
What the hell was the point of that? That's how little they thought of him? :lol

CelticBaller
06-18-2021, 09:36 AM
Good, Kemba is trash

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 09:36 AM
Steven's first big move. It makes sense if the medical staff told the Celtics awful things about Walker's knee. Otherwise it is a terrible trade.

CelticBaller
06-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Steven's first big move. It makes sense if the medical staff told the Celtics awful things about Walker's knee. Otherwise it is a terrible trade.

He has arthritis

Wally450
06-18-2021, 09:38 AM
First of a couple moves I see coming. No need for Horford Rob Moses and Tristan all together.

People gotta realize we were also going to have to give up the first rounder if we wanted someone to take on Kemba terrible contract.

theman93
06-18-2021, 09:39 AM
Saves the Celtics $9m this year and next.

Carbine
06-18-2021, 09:42 AM
It's actually a good trade. Stevens knew he was a negative player on this particular squad.

CelticBaller
06-18-2021, 09:45 AM
First of a couple moves I see coming. No need for Horford Rob Moses and Tristan all together.

People gotta realize we were also going to have to give up the first rounder if we wanted someone to take on Kemba terrible contract.
We should make a move for Mr. 0 & D, he will be a great support player for Jaylen and Jayson

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 09:50 AM
A shame because Walker is such a likeable guy but the knee has kept him from living up to his deal. Will be nice to have Horford back for the locker room although of course you don't pay that much for locker room presence. Maybe he can still defend Embiid? At the least they can send him out there to troll Philly.

El Kabong
06-18-2021, 09:55 AM
After he spent years carrying shitty Hornets teams I just wanted to see Kemba succeed with the Celtics and make a few good playoffs runs. Doesn't look like they'll happen now unfortunately. I know the Thunder will try and flip him again, so hopefully he doesn't end up somewhere awful.

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 10:05 AM
Don't be surprised if Pritchard is starting by season's end.

Kblaze8855
06-18-2021, 10:07 AM
If it’s a Health issue you can understand. If healthy it’s obviously a head scratcher.

insight
06-18-2021, 10:41 AM
If it’s a Health issue you can understand. If healthy it’s obviously a head scratcher.
It's a salary dump, Kemba was making 34 million even if he is healthy that is a massive overpay for what he brings to the table.

iamgine
06-18-2021, 10:59 AM
Is Moses Brown good? His stats is really good.

AirBonner
06-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Kemba’s contract is longer than Horford’s so it’s a good deal. Horford can play defense and pass the ball. Good backup center that can mentor Robert Williams

ralph_i_el
06-18-2021, 11:13 AM
Horford just got a year of rest. Maybe he's looking really good?

AirBonner
06-18-2021, 11:28 AM
Horford just got a year of rest. Maybe he's looking really good?

He can pass the ball and play defense. He’s already better than Kemba. Being cheaper for shorter term is bonus

fourkicks44
06-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Should have traded him for Ben Simmons.

We could have thrown in some draft picks

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Should have traded him for Ben Simmons.

We could have thrown in some draft picks

Ironically Simmons would be a perfect fit in Boston. Him smart Tatum brown and Williams would be the best defensive starting unit in the league and the Celtics would give him the paint to operate on offense with Brown and Tatum as the real go to guys. Unfortunately Simonds is still having his weaknesses maximized... but that is a lot on him to at least have free throw range.

fourkicks44
06-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Ironically Simmons would be a perfect fit in Boston. Him smart Tatum brown and Williams would be the best defensive starting unit in the league and the Celtics would give him the paint to operate on offense with Brown and Tatum as the real go to guys. Unfortunately Simonds is still having his weaknesses maximized... but that is a lot on him to at least have free throw range.

Believe me man I know. Simmons, Tatum, Brown would be not only interesting but fommidible.

That aside Kemba with Emiid would be a pretty good fit also

Not sure why Stevens jumped on the Kemba trade so quick tbh.

Seems like he could have got so much more.

bladefd
06-18-2021, 01:27 PM
Celtics got fleeced

No, celtics should be popping champagne. They got rid of kemba, which should be celebrated. Average injury-prone player on horrendous contract.

bladefd
06-18-2021, 01:30 PM

Philly would want nothing to do with kemba and that contract unless if they can get smart or brown out of it tbh.

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 01:38 PM
Believe me man I know. Simmons, Tatum, Brown would be not only interesting but fommidible.

That aside Kemba with Emiid would be a pretty good fit also

Not sure why Stevens jumped on the Kemba trade so quick tbh.

Seems like he could have got so much more.

I wish Philly valued Walker as highly as you seem to. Then maybe it could have happened.

Axe
06-18-2021, 06:18 PM
Can lowry come to this team?

CelticBaller
06-18-2021, 06:34 PM

I am 100% sure that if the 76ers implode against the Hawks, we will be going all in on Simmons. He's the type of player Stevens loves

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 06:37 PM
I am 100% sure that if the 76ers implode against the Hawks, we will be going all in on Simmons. He's the type of player Stevens loves

Philly doesn't do it without getting JB.

CelticBaller
06-18-2021, 06:40 PM
Philly doesn't do it without getting JB.

Welp good luck getting anything for him. He's a Draymond Green type of player with double the salary, I doubt they could get a lot for him anyways

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2021, 06:47 PM
Welp good luck getting anything for him. He's a Draymond Green type of player with double the salary, I doubt they could get a lot for him anyways

If they get serious about dealing him he'll get them a haul. He's what, a 23 year-old perennial allstar? Something like th that. To maximize his numbers he needs a team that gives him the paint, unfortunately for him he's got a teammate that is a better option down low. But surround him with shooters and you can have a solid offense and in the other end he is a DPoY candidate. His shooting is a serious flaw but he's still a star.

ZionDunks
06-19-2021, 01:59 AM
Moses Brown wasn’t just a toss In. He was dominant when he got the minutes.

Kemba wanted out over old hurt feelings and best days are long gone.

Smart will be next.

Celtics are not as far off as some want to believe