PDA

View Full Version : The point guard position is a disposable position

AirBonner
06-18-2021, 02:50 PM
You don’t need elite players at pg. time and time again the league shows this. Regular season the pg shines. Come playoffs the wing players dominate.

insight
06-18-2021, 03:35 PM
You don’t need elite players at pg. time and time again the league shows this. Regular season the pg shines. Come playoffs the wing players dominate.

Suns and Hawks both have great point guards who have dominated in the playoffs.

AirBonner
06-18-2021, 03:37 PM
Suns and Hawks both have great point guards who have dominated in the playoffs.

Booker Collins doing the real work

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2021, 03:40 PM
Since PG‘s are usually the least reliable scorers, this is probably true as far as just that goes.

AirBonner
06-18-2021, 03:43 PM
Since PG‘s are usually the least reliable scorers, this is probably true as far as just that goes.

Curry was the exception . Short lived

97 bulls
06-18-2021, 03:44 PM
I dont think the last 2 Championship teams win without Rajon Tondo and Kyle Lowery. The Warriors best player is a PG.

King Kawhi
06-18-2021, 05:49 PM
I agree to a certain point but trae young is balling out right now. trae is the only reason atlanta is even in this position because of his playmaking abilities.

With that being said I think if you gave a GM a choice of elite PG vs Elite SF they would take the SF everytime.

insight
06-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Curry was the exception . Short lived

Curry is not a shooting guard, he is not a point guard.

insight
06-18-2021, 07:42 PM
Booker Collins doing the real work

Booker is the suns primary scorer, Paul is controlling the offense and the tempo of the game. Booker is doing the same thing he did last season, and what was their record last season?
Trae is the leading scorer and distributor for his team. Enuff Said.

warriorfan
06-18-2021, 07:44 PM
That’s why LeBron playing a point guard isn’t as valuable as MJ, KAJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic,Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Dr J, KG, Moses Malone, Wade, Dirk