PDA

View Full Version : Does Ben Simmons care at all that he can't shoot?

rawimpact
06-18-2021, 04:40 PM
His athleticism wont bail him out later in his career

Dude is constantly 'working on jumpshot' during the offseason, but with who? Shaq?

76ers should look to trade him to a small market. 4 years/170M for 8pts 9ast 4reb (Game 5)?

The Philadelphia guard is 22 for 67 from the line so far in this postseason. He’s down to 32.8% after going 4-for-14 in Philadelphia’s Game 5 loss to Atlanta in the Eastern Conference semifinals on Wednesday night — and nobody in NBA playoff history, with that many attempts in single postseason, has ever been worse.The next lowest percentage, among those with at least 67 foul shots in a postseason, is Shaquille O’Neal’s 37.4% for Miami in 2006 — when the Heat wound up winning the NBA championship anyway.
“Obviously, I’ve got to knock down free throws,” Simmons said. “I’ve got to step up and do that. I don't have a problem in practice but I get scared in front of the cameras.”
Game 6 of the series is Friday in Atlanta, with the top-seeded 76ers now in a win-or-go-home scenario since they trail the best-of-seven 3-2.
https://www.nba.com/news/ben-simmons-making-nba-history-with-free-throw-woes

King Kawhi
06-18-2021, 05:39 PM
at this point its probably a mental thing.

rawimpact
06-20-2021, 11:07 PM
Just wanted to bump this

how anyone can be a fan of Ben Simmons is mind blowing.

I can understand the lack of confidence but I can’t believe the little progress he’s made since entering the league, especially with that ridiculous contract.

eat shit philly... time to rebuild

GOBB
06-21-2021, 02:02 AM
The obsession he has to shoot is weird. If he did he would be Westbrook and Giannis shooting. Which is bad.

Idiot said rebuild. Good one. :sleeping

RoseCity07
06-21-2021, 06:06 AM
76ers are dog shit. No one is scared of them. If you can't hit threes you're done. At least the Bucks have Middleton and a couple guys that can really shoot the three.

D-Wait
06-21-2021, 09:00 AM
His athleticism wont bail him out later in his career

What makes you think he cares about having a long career?
He's set for life and he seems like not having a crazy work ethic to improve his game.

HoopsNY
06-21-2021, 09:03 AM
Simmons has more issues than just shooting. He seems to lack confidence in his offense all together. I'm sure everyone saw him passing up a wide open dunk. I'm not sure if it's lack of instinct, fear, or a lack of skill. Whatever it is, he needs to fix it.

dbugz
06-21-2021, 09:07 AM
had the easiest path (avoided the Bucks, Nets, Heat and Celtics) going to the ECF and yet cant past 2nd the round. :roll:

EmChoke in Philly aint working. Dude will ask to get traded.

I'm Smart
06-21-2021, 09:19 AM
The obsession he has to shoot is weird. If he did he would be Westbrook and Giannis shooting. Which is bad.

The 76ers have no chance of winning a title or even reaching the Finals in today's NBA if their point guard, who handles the ball, is taking up a maximum salary roster spot and refusing to shoot the ball due to psychological related struggles. It's an extremely big deal. And if Ben Simmons could shoot as well as Giannis he would be an MVP candidate and arguably the best player in the entire NBA, so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

I admire the fact that you're defending your crew/team, but at the end of the day, improvement doesn't get made without self honesty about what's going on. And what's going on is that Ben Simmons has psychological issues about shooting the ball in game and he needs to start seeing some type of mental health expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06m9FTZEpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtXAtVJg-A

Say it with me: psychological issues. If he doesn't start seeing someone to talk to about his mental health this off-season, he likely never will and he's very likely a lost cause in terms of reaching his ceiling.

Step one is probably unplugging from his phone and getting off of all social media and all basketball related media period. He would have a legitimate case for being the best player in the NBA if he could/would shoot in game. What a shame.

And anyone who denies that this is psychological related is not paying attention. He's 6'10", extremely talented and he passed up a wide open layup/dunk last night in a game 7 because why? He was afraid and he is completely mind****ed at the moment.

Indian guy
06-21-2021, 09:43 AM
I don't get the obsession about his shooting when he isn't aggressive offensively in any other way either. When you are having multiple single digit scoring games in a row on around 5 shots per game, shooting is far from your biggest problem. Giannis can't shoot to save his life either, but you can bet his life he'll do everything to score inside. Simmons' issue is one of intent - as in he has none. He pretty much never looks to create any offense for himself out there, even though he has more than enough ability to be a consistent slasher. All I ever see him do is take a couple of dribbles and pass it away to the nearest guy. That's a massive mental issue more than anything. He needs to fix that first - just the mindset where he looks to score the basketball by taking advantage of the talents he does have. Everything else is secondary to that.

rawimpact
06-21-2021, 10:07 AM
I don't get the obsession about his shooting when he isn't aggressive offensively in any other way either. When you are having multiple single digit scoring games in a row on around 5 shots per game, shooting is far from your biggest problem. Giannis can't shoot to save his life either, but you can bet his life he'll do everything to score inside. Simmons' issue is one of intent - as in he has none. He pretty much never looks to create any offense for himself out there, even though he has more than enough ability to be a consistent slasher. All I ever see him do is take a couple of dribbles and pass it away to the nearest guy. That's a massive mental issue more than anything. He needs to fix that first - just the mindset where he looks to score the basketball by taking advantage of the talents he does have. Everything else is secondary to that.

Well the problem with this is the fact that his inability to shoot hinders the teams offensive ability, not just his. Historically, when you have a big as talented as Embiid, you need to surround them with shooters to spread the floor and stop the double from coming so soon (Ex. Shaq, Dwight, Yao). When you've got a player like Ben at the guard, you literally can double team Embiid the whole time and force Ben to have to drive to the rim (his only reliable offensive threat) -- but you can live with that since the paint is loaded with two defenders (A zone defense of sort)

Individually, if you can't shoot, defenders will again lay off of you so you can't drive past them or cut which makes being aggressive offensively even more difficult.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 10:15 AM
Stop saying inability to shoot. If Ben Simmons shot the % would be bad. Below league avg. Then you scrape this thread and make one saying Ben can’t shoot. Which totally shits on your point in this thread that somehow him shooting opens things up. It doesn’t. Ben shooting jumpers anywhere on the court the defense plays him the same. They back off and live with him taking them.

warriorfan
06-21-2021, 10:27 AM
Stop saying inability to shoot. If Ben Simmons shot the % would be bad. Below league avg. Then you scrape this thread and make one saying Ben can’t shoot. Which totally shits on your point in this thread that somehow him shooting opens things up. It doesn’t. Ben shooting jumpers anywhere on the court the defense plays him the same. They back off and live with him taking them.

So he’s gonna suck forever. Cool.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 10:29 AM
The 76ers have no chance of winning a title or even reaching the Finals in today's NBA if their point guard, who handles the ball, is taking up a maximum salary roster spot and refusing to shoot the ball due to psychological related struggles. It's an extremely big deal. And if Ben Simmons could shoot as well as Giannis he would be an MVP candidate and arguably the best player in the entire NBA, so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

I admire the fact that you're defending your crew/team, but at the end of the day, improvement doesn't get made without self honesty about what's going on. And what's going on is that Ben Simmons has psychological issues about shooting the ball in game and he needs to start seeing some type of mental health expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06m9FTZEpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtXAtVJg-A

Say it with me: psychological issues. If he doesn't start seeing someone to talk to about his mental health this off-season, he likely never will and he's very likely a lost cause in terms of reaching his ceiling.

Step one is probably unplugging from his phone and getting off of all social media and all basketball related media period. He would have a legitimate case for being the best player in the NBA if he could/would shoot in game. What a shame.

And anyone who denies that this is psychological related is not paying attention. He's 6'10", extremely talented and he passed up a wide open layup/dunk last night in a game 7 because why? He was afraid and he is completely mind****ed at the moment.

You typed a whole bunch of nonsense. What is with you posters here? If Ben Simmons shot like Giannis you would be clowning his % like everyone has about Giannis jumper. Same with Westbrook. Dudes here call him WestBRICK for a reason. The fact these two won MVP awards never ever ever hinged on how well they shot the ball. Never. It was solely do to them attacking the rim aggressively and physically. Thus not only getting buckets but also accumulating free throw attempts. Ironically an are both aren’t good at shooting as well. Ben doesn’t do that. He doesn’t attack the rim. He doesn’t use his size to score closer to the rim. His career high is 5.4fta. He avoids contact at the rim. He passes out when he has open looks.

2 plays (there’s more). Last night wide open for a dunk he passes it out. Giannis and Westbrook don’t do that. Another game called vs Wizards Ben grabs offensive rebound. He was so close to rim he could’ve put back the board for two while in air. He grabs offensive rebound and is looking backwards to pass out. He ball fakes in air. Comes down and passes it out. Giannis and Westbrook don’t do that. But they won MVPs because of those jumpers. F*ck outta here.

You dudes don’t watch Ben Simmons enough. I do. And I don’t say that to brag and boast. I’m just more informed on the issues surrounding him. He has no dog in him. He has a PG mentality in the wrong body. He’s really not much of a PG. plays it by default because sixers have no one. But he does nothing special playing PG besides be very tall.

This idea of Ben of winning MVP, being a top tier player is funny. First it was if he ever became a perimeter scorer he would be scary. That’s never happening. Then it if only Ben shot the ball he would be. Yeah sure that’s assuming he is an avg or above avg shooter which is never happening. Ben is who he is. At best he may add a post game and somehow just attempt more field goals at the rim. That’s where it ends. If he’s not getting easy transition buckets to boost his scoring avg. He is pedestrian in half court. Still gonna give u 8rb 8ast with elite defense. That’s it. And that’s not bad. If your roster had Curry Klay etc

He’s Draymond Green right now. And sixers need a #2 option that can get buckets without mommy spoon feeding them. A go getter.

You’ve been schooled. Now study. And do better next reply

GOBB
06-21-2021, 10:31 AM
So he’s gonna suck forever. Cool.

He doesn’t suck. He sucks if he’s being asked to be the #2 option on your team. He’s an elite defender, good facilitator. He’s Draymond green. Imagine Draymond green being your 2 option. Oh wait you guys missed the playoffs with that. Yikes. Anyway I guess Draymond sucked for the warriors. Ok cool.

getting_old
06-21-2021, 10:49 AM
He doesn’t suck. He sucks if he’s being asked to be the #2 option on your team. He’s an elite defender, good facilitator. He’s Draymond green. Imagine Draymond green being your 2 option. Oh wait you guys missed the playoffs with that. Yikes. Anyway I guess Draymond sucked for the warriors. Ok cool.

he's nothing close to Draymond Green

FIERCENESS is a huge factor, needed in the playoffs,

curling into a fetal position/running scared is the opposite effect

MadDog
06-21-2021, 11:08 AM
Can't shoot and a liability now by refusing to. Ben could be more aggressive. Sure. But as a pointguard, not having a shot means you're getting picked on. And in the playoffs its easy to gameplan for. Whether or not Ben improves his shooting, time to take the ball out of his hands. Hes 6'10. Move Ben to the forward slot.

I'm Smart
06-21-2021, 11:23 AM
You typed a whole bunch of nonsense. What is with you posters here?

You posters? Apparently you personally can't have discussions with people based on what they actually have said rather than lumping everyone into one big group because you're being extremely emotional about this subject to the point that you can't discuss it in a rational and calm manner.

If Ben Simmons shot like Giannis you would be clowning his % like everyone has about Giannis jumper. Same with Westbrook. Dudes here call him WestBRICK for a reason. The fact these two won MVP awards never ever ever hinged on how well they shot the ball. Never. It was solely do to them attacking the rim aggressively and physically. Thus not only getting buckets but also accumulating free throw attempts. Ironically an are both arenÂ’t good at shooting as well.

No, I would not. Here we go with you lumping individuals in with entire groups of people and having arguments with the sky because you're being emotional. Not my problem.

Ben doesnÂ’t do that. He doesnÂ’t attack the rim. He doesnÂ’t use his size to score closer to the rim. His career high is 5.4fta. He avoids contact at the rim. He passes out when he has open looks.

He did used to attack the rim. Part of him doing it less is playing with Embiid and part of it is major psychological regression.

2 plays (thereÂ’s more). Last night wide open for a dunk he passes it out. Giannis and Westbrook donÂ’t do that. Another game called vs Wizards Ben grabs offensive rebound. He was so close to rim he couldÂ’ve put back the board for two while in air. He grabs offensive rebound and is looking backwards to pass out. He ball fakes in air. Comes down and passes it out. Giannis and Westbrook donÂ’t do that. But they won MVPs because of those jumpers. F*ck outta here.

I didn't say they won MVPs because of their jumpers. But there's no getting around the fact that they would be vastly inferior players and their teams would be also if they didn't even attempt to shoot. You apparently live in this fantasy land where shooting percentages matter more than keeping defenses honest. If you think that Giannis and Westbrook would be better players if they only shot at the rim and that their teams would be better for it because they're not good jump shooters, you don't understand basketball and you don't understand on court team strategical dynamics and you also don't understand team emotional dynamics whatsoever.

You dudes donÂ’t watch Ben Simmons enough. I do. And I donÂ’t say that to brag and boast. IÂ’m just more informed on the issues surrounding him. He has no dog in him. He has a PG mentality in the wrong body. HeÂ’s really not much of a PG. plays it by default because sixers have no one. But he does nothing special playing PG besides be very tall.

He has a PG mentality in the wrong body? What does that even mean? Do you think he would be a better player if he were 5'11"? He does nothing special playing PG besides being very tall? Have you actually watched this guy at all? Haha. Do you honestly think all starting and all bench PGs in the NBA can make the passes he makes in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzHJXi7W2k

You might be right that he doesn't have enough dog in him to be an all time great, but even still, it's abundantly clear that he is psychologically terrified to shoot. And as long as that remains the case, or continues to get worse which it apparently is, he has already reached his ceiling and will do nothing but regress even further from here. I think he came into the league as an amazingly cocky and arrogant individual whose confidence is now bordering on being completely shot because he has been clowned by the media for his unwillingness to shoot and he is completely inside his own head.

This idea of Ben of winning MVP, being a top tier player is funny. First it was if he ever became a perimeter scorer he would be scary. ThatÂ’s never happening. Then it if only Ben shot the ball he would be. Yeah sure thatÂ’s assuming he is an avg or above avg shooter which is never happening. Ben is who he is. At best he may add a post game and somehow just attempt more field goals at the rim. ThatÂ’s where it ends. If heÂ’s not getting easy transition buckets to boost his scoring avg. He is pedestrian in half court. Still gonna give u 8rb 8ast with elite defense. ThatÂ’s it. And thatÂ’s not bad. If your roster had Curry Klay etc

HeÂ’s Draymond Green right now. And sixers need a #2 option that can get buckets without mommy spoon feeding them. A go getter.

YouÂ’ve been schooled. Now study. And do better next reply

He's not Draymond Green. Draymond Green is an emotional leader and Draymond Green is willing to shoot. Funny you say he's Draymond Green even though Draymond Green has as much "dog in him", as you put it, as anyone else in the entire NBA while simultaneously saying that Ben has no dog. They're entirely different players and they're not all that similar. The fact that you don't understand that a player not even being willing to shoot changes entire teams ability on the court, regardless of how well they shoot, says all that I need to know about your understanding of the game. I would tell you to study and do better but that would be a lost cause. Maybe you will eventually divorce yourself emotionally from 76ers related subjects so that you can analyze them properly, but that looks about as likely now as Ben Simmons' willingness to get psychological help.

HoopsNY
06-21-2021, 11:24 AM

^This

Druckenmiller
06-21-2021, 11:38 AM
In all seriousness Ben Simmons passiveness is almost unparalleled or unmatched for a guard or wing player maybe in the whole history of the game. It’s not just that he can’t shoot or won’t shoot, it’s that his intent when he has the ball is ionly to figure out how to get rid of the ball.

I mean I’m not trying to be funny it literally is as if you made Dennis Rodman your primary ball handler. Those 90s bulls teams actually did run a lot of their triangle options through Rodman and he never looked at the basket, ever. It was a lot of handoffs and kick outs.

The problem with Simmons is not necessarily that he has to shoot better or shoot more, it’s that his entire mentality has to change in the way he plays the game. I’m not sure that’s possible.

Personally I think he would have the most value in the NBA right now as a small ball big. You could run some action through him in the post and take advantage of his passing, he could be more of a catch and finish guy on offense and defensively he would be a nightmare, able to switch and play on the perimeter.

Imagine him on the Clippers for example as their “big.”

The issue here is that I think it would be met with tremendous resistance by Simmons. And it won’t work with Embiid. Teams don’t respect Simmons even eight feet from the basket and so all he is doing is bringing his defender into Embiid area.

The other issue is Simmons doesn’t have a natural feel for playing off the ball. If you watch when he gives up the ball, he goes and stands somewhere, whether it’s 25 feet from the basket or on the baseline eight feet from the basket and plants himself there and watches. Part of the reason he is only getting four FGA per game is he is dreadful at moving off the ball. No cutting, no moving, no nothing. Just watching.

If the 76ers want to take the next step they have to move Simmons. There’s no getting around it.

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:59 AM
At this point its clear its a mental thing for him. This could make or break him and I honestly feel bad for the kid now. Remember when Don Nelson broke Andries Biedrins for his terrible free throws??? Biedrins never recovered from that.

I also believe he has worked on his jumpshot....but its all in his head. That's why he doesnt even want the ball in his hands anymore because he doesnt want to get fouled and go to the free throw line.

I'm Smart
06-21-2021, 12:06 PM
I also believe he has worked on his jumpshot....but its all in his head. That's why he doesnt even want the ball in his hands anymore because he doesnt want to get fouled and go to the free throw line.

This is exactly correct.

And it's reached such a precipice in his career that it's either do or die. When you're passing up layups/dunks in a close game 7 because you're so shook about the idea of shooting it's either do or die.

He either acknowledges he has a problem in his head and works on himself psychologically going forward or he doesn't. This is the last call for him to be more than he currently is. There won't be another one.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 12:16 PM
he's nothing close to Draymond Green

FIERCENESS is a huge factor, needed in the playoffs,

curling into a fetal position/running scared is the opposite effect

Hex exactly like draymond. Draymond isn’t expected to score. Even when he doesn’t which is a lot no one complains about it. Why? Because it’s accepted you don’t go to Draymond looking for offense. Draymond strengths are he is a facilitator on offense. He’s the guy that’s passing to the shooters/scores. He’s the guy setting the screen after the pass to free up Curry for a shot. He’s the defender. It’s where he makes his money. He’s been on all defensive teams and in DPOY races. He’s a glue guy. He’s not a 1, 2, 3 option. And he’s not a role player either. Glue guy. Someone that fills in the gaps. That’s exactly what Ben Simmons does. Only the difference is the expectations HERE? He’s supposed to be the #2 at worst #3. And he’s not. He’s EXPECTED to score. Ben avg 9.8ppg and we are here today. Draymond avg that and no one cares or bats an eye.

They are exactly the same shythead. And I don’t give a damn that Draymond shoots. He’s a lousy shooter. Remember the play when Draymond got ball at the end of game (play in tourney) and threw up a shot he didn’t even want to take? Miss? No one flamed him and talked trade. It’s accepted he’s not an offensive player. That’s Ben. He’s more of a scorer than Draymond but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Smarten up kid

GOBB
06-21-2021, 12:24 PM
In all seriousness Ben Simmons passiveness is almost unparalleled or unmatched for a guard or wing player maybe in the whole history of the game. It’s not just that he can’t shoot or won’t shoot, it’s that his intent when he has the ball is ionly to figure out how to get rid of the ball.

I mean I’m not trying to be funny it literally is as if you made Dennis Rodman your primary ball handler. Those 90s bulls teams actually did run a lot of their triangle options through Rodman and he never looked at the basket, ever. It was a lot of handoffs and kick outs.

The problem with Simmons is not necessarily that he has to shoot better or shoot more, it’s that his entire mentality has to change in the way he plays the game. I’m not sure that’s possible.

Personally I think he would have the most value in the NBA right now as a small ball big. You could run some action through him in the post and take advantage of his passing, he could be more of a catch and finish guy on offense and defensively he would be a nightmare, able to switch and play on the perimeter.

Imagine him on the Clippers for example as their “big.”

The issue here is that I think it would be met with tremendous resistance by Simmons. And it won’t work with Embiid. Teams don’t respect Simmons even eight feet from the basket and so all he is doing is bringing his defender into Embiid area.

The other issue is Simmons doesn’t have a natural feel for playing off the ball. If you watch when he gives up the ball, he goes and stands somewhere, whether it’s 25 feet from the basket or on the baseline eight feet from the basket and plants himself there and watches. Part of the reason he is only getting four FGA per game is he is dreadful at moving off the ball. No cutting, no moving, no nothing. Just watching.

If the 76ers want to take the next step they have to move Simmons. There’s no getting around it.

Yeah but he only avg low FGA because he can’t shoot free throws. He’s scared of missing so he doesn’t attack. Becuase he attacked before. Now? He’s afraid.

(Sarcasm and mocking posters in this thread)

Like you said he doesn’t look to score. His buckets used to come a lot from transition. Get rebound push before defense sets up and score. Break away dunks courtesy of steals/turnovers. Half court he’s non existent and it has shyt to do with a fear of missing free throws like this nitwits allude too. Has everything to do with like you said not being very good off the ball. He doesn’t run pick n roll and look to get easy buckets. When he does cut he’s not lookin to score. Most cutters get the ball and look to finish. He looks to make another pass. It’s mental. He doesn’t approach the game like he has to score. Doc rivers said all season he doesn’t need Ben to score he does other things well. That’s coddling this dude. That’s giving him an out so he can take 4 shots in a game and it’s ok. Because he did other things well. It’s a joke.

Gohan
06-21-2021, 12:27 PM
hex exactly like draymond. Draymond isn’t expected to score. Even when he doesn’t which is a lot no one complains about it. Why? Because it’s accepted you don’t go to draymond looking for offense. Draymond strengths are he is a facilitator on offense. He’s the guy that’s passing to the shooters/scores. He’s the guy setting the screen after the pass to free up curry for a shot. He’s the defender. It’s where he makes his money. He’s been on all defensive teams and in dpoy races. He’s a glue guy. He’s not a 1, 2, 3 option. And he’s not a role player either. Glue guy. Someone that fills in the gaps. That’s exactly what ben simmons does. Only the difference is the expectations here? He’s supposed to be the #2 at worst #3. And he’s not. He’s expected to score. Ben avg 9.8ppg and we are here today. Draymond avg that and no one cares or bats an eye.

They are exactly the same shythead. And i don’t give a damn that draymond shoots. He’s a lousy shooter. Remember the play when draymond got ball at the end of game (play in tourney) and threw up a shot he didn’t even want to take? Miss? No one flamed him and talked trade. It’s accepted he’s not an offensive player. That’s ben. He’s more of a scorer than draymond but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Smarten up kid

that is an accurate comparison, forgot about draymond. Warriors would love to have simmons on the team

GOBB
06-21-2021, 12:31 PM
I pray to god you idiots would get off free throw shooting. What he shot these playoffs was an anomaly. Da f*ck? What are you guys not understanding? Shits mind boggling how lazy the thought process here is. Ben has never been a good free throw shooter. 59% for a career. 52% for the playoffs. He shit 34% and people are reading into it too deeper outside of the fact he missed more than he normally does. Ok? His first post season he shot 70%. No one concluded Ben turned a corner into being a good free throw shooter when he did that.

The biggest issue is his FGA per game dropped significantly. Vs Atlanta he avg 6.4FGA. That’s horrible. That’s the story here. Not FT shooting. You guys just take the easy way out instead of using your brains. It’s baffling to me.

Gohan
06-21-2021, 12:33 PM
Gobb's loyalty is amazing...laker fans(lebron fans) should take note

GOBB
06-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Gobb's loyalty is amazing...laker fans(lebron fans) should take note

Loyalty has zero to do with this. I’m not loyal to Ben Simmons. I’m loyal to the common sense god gave us. Too much stupidity being posted under the disguise of intelligence. Makes me nauseous. Tired of folks talking out their ass. Throwing shit against a wall hoping it sticks.

Mulder
06-21-2021, 12:56 PM
This man is a better guard than Ben Simmons!
His shoot isn't affected by his wallet.

https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2021/02/GettyImages-1231070167-scaled-e1613157862574-784x508.jpg

GOBB
06-21-2021, 01:17 PM
This man is a better guard than Ben Simmons!
His shoot isn't affected by his wallet.

https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2021/02/GettyImages-1231070167-scaled-e1613157862574-784x508.jpg

He was ass in the post season. And he didn’t take the next step this season compared to his rookie year. So no

jayfan
06-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Hex exactly like draymond. Draymond isn’t expected to score. Even when he doesn’t which is a lot no one complains about it. Why? Because it’s accepted you don’t go to Draymond looking for offense. Draymond strengths are he is a facilitator on offense. He’s the guy that’s passing to the shooters/scores. He’s the guy setting the screen after the pass to free up Curry for a shot. He’s the defender. It’s where he makes his money. He’s been on all defensive teams and in DPOY races. He’s a glue guy. He’s not a 1, 2, 3 option. And he’s not a role player either. Glue guy. Someone that fills in the gaps. That’s exactly what Ben Simmons does. Only the difference is the expectations HERE? He’s supposed to be the #2 at worst #3. And he’s not. He’s EXPECTED to score. Ben avg 9.8ppg and we are here today. Draymond avg that and no one cares or bats an eye.

They are exactly the same shythead. And I don’t give a damn that Draymond shoots. He’s a lousy shooter. Remember the play when Draymond got ball at the end of game (play in tourney) and threw up a shot he didn’t even want to take? Miss? No one flamed him and talked trade. It’s accepted he’s not an offensive player. That’s Ben. He’s more of a scorer than Draymond but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Smarten up kid

1. Draymond doesn't score now.

He did score when GS was on their run. And made timely 3's often.

2. There's no problem with Simmons being a glue guy, except for the fact that he isn't being paid like a glue guy. When you start super maxing glue guys who can't shoot, even goat glue guys, your overall team ceiling lowers significantly and you're screwed.

AlternativeAcc.
06-21-2021, 01:38 PM
gobb getting humiliated in this thread

Talking in circles, making no sense, making no points

Hate to see it

90sgoat
06-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Why should he care?

He is a millionaire with a Kardashian girlfriend and plenty of fame.

The media made him a star, he never had the fire to be great.

Made the most of it, I would say. Don't hate the player, hate the mix tape media.

AlternativeAcc.
06-21-2021, 01:44 PM
Why should he care?

Made the most of it, I would say. Don't hate the player, hate the mix tape media.

Pride still comes into play, even moreso when you have everything else in life

Getting humiliated doing what made you famous/rich is a tough pill to swallow no matter what

Embiid isnt dating a Kardashian though.

Hey Yo
06-21-2021, 01:45 PM

Smarten up kid

Draymond shoots a creer 71% from the line. He's not worried about getting fouled and having to go to the line, to where Ben obviously is. He knows how embarrassing he looks. Plus Draymond put up 32-15-9 in game 7 of the 2016 Finals. No chance we see Ben do that anytime soon.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 01:45 PM
1. Draymond doesn't score now.

He did score when GS was on their run. And made timely 3's often.

2. There's no problem with Simmons being a glue guy, except for the fact that he isn't being paid like a glue guy. When you start super maxing glue guys who can't shoot, even goat glue guys, your overall team ceiling lowers significantly and you're screwed.

Draymond Green made timely 3’s is about as good as it got. His career high is 14. His post season high is 15. His career avg is 8.8ppg and in post season 12ppg. He’s never been a scorer my guy. Capable shooter? Yeah we will go with that. It’s the only thing he does differently than Ben. But Ben does things Draymond didn’t do so now what? They are the same player. Ben was super maxed because of his potential to be better than Draymond Green. Guys get paid for various reasons. Heck Green last deal he was was given most don’t think he was worth it. You’ll always find situations where contracts and performance dont match. Green performance today and what he gets paid don’t match. So again your point?

Welcome to the NBA where players get deals worth more than those actual performance. You don’t max Ben then he’s gone or you’re trading him for less than his worth.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 01:48 PM
Draymond shoots a creer 71% from the line. He's not worried about getting fouled and having to go to the line, to where Ben obviously is. He knows how embarrassing he looks. Plus Draymond put up 32-15-9 in game 7 of the 2016 Finals. No chance we see Ben do that anytime soon.

Ben Simmons has gone to the Ft just as many times as Draymond has his entire career. Draymond avg 2 Fta per game for a career. What are you even saying besides nothing? Green rarely goes to the rim. Why doesn’t he go more? Afraid? Doesn’t want to ruin his Ft%? Like shut up

Hey Yo
06-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Nobody in their right mind would trade for his max contract.

Averaging 35+ million a season through the 2025 season

YIKES!!

GOBB
06-21-2021, 01:54 PM
Nobody in their right mind would trade for his max contract.

Averaging 35+ million a season through the 2025 season

YIKES!!

Just like no one would trade for al horford contract. But ok

Hey Yo
06-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Ben Simmons has gone to the Ft just as many times as Draymond has his entire career. Draymond avg 2 Fta per game for a career. What are you even saying besides nothing? Green rarely goes to the rim. Why doesn’t he go more? Afraid? Doesn’t want to ruin his Ft%? Like shut up

Draymond wasn't deliberately getting fouled and put on the line cause he can't shoot FT's.

https://twitter.com/856si/status/1406819804472823811

jayfan
06-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Why should he care?

You could see on his face that he cares. And he wouldn't have developed a mental block if he didn't care.

But if caring doesn't translate into improvement and overcoming the block, then it doesn't matter, unfortunately.

Hey Yo
06-21-2021, 01:56 PM
Just like no one would trade for al horford contract. But ok

Horford can score and make FT's..... BIG difference

GOBB
06-21-2021, 02:02 PM
Draymond wasn't deliberately getting fouled and put on the line cause he can't shoot FT's.

https://twitter.com/856si/status/1406819804472823811

The hack a Ben started these playoffs. In prior years it wasn’t a thing. And hawks didn’t even do it a lot. So yeah what are you saying? Draymond was never in the position Ben was in when it comes to expectations. Same player.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 02:04 PM
Horford can score and make FT's..... BIG difference

Stop. You’re just babbling. Horford is vastly overpaid and he doesn’t go to the line. Nice try

Smoke117
06-21-2021, 02:31 PM

It’s about being aggressive and putting pressure on the defense. He was playing scared out there.

rawimpact
06-21-2021, 03:02 PM
Stop. You’re just babbling. Horford is vastly overpaid and he doesn’t go to the line. Nice try

What dumbass team signed Horford to that contract?

ZenMaster
06-21-2021, 04:06 PM
I probably wouldn't shoot in front of people either if my form was that ugly, it's crazy how some people can have good rhythm and body control when dribbling, but absolute no ability to create a fluid motion when shooting the ball. Look at his feet, knees and release hand, absolutely no connection.

Credit to Charles Barkley btw, he managed to fix his golf swing, it also had no connection between his body parts.

https://youtu.be/ha-lU1Y80KM