PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Nets' Superteam 1st Try at a Championship

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 02:00 AM
They failed this year.

All the ref help in the world couldnt save them.

How do you see them going forward?

Do you think Dinwiddie, Griffin, Green will be on the team next year?

999Guy
06-20-2021, 02:06 AM
They were scary for a bit there. The core of Griffin and Harris games impressed me. Especially Griffin. Griffin is a pure two way big when it really comes down to it.

In a fully healthy NBA playoffs, the Lakers beat them in the Finals, maybe. They were probably the best team I must say.

Milwaukee should be as good but they’re so dumb and misled offensively. It takes nothing to knock them out of rhythm.

Anyway, **** em. I don’t think they get more than one title with that core. They’ll probably retool and win next year though.

dankok8
06-20-2021, 02:08 AM
Injuries were the biggest story in their failure. I think with a healthy Harden, Kyrie playing, Dinwiddie playing they would be way stronger. Not to mention all the extra chemistry they would have built had all those guys been healthy more of the season. With that being said, that's how things shake out sometimes.

That's why no team no matter how talented is ever guaranteed a championship. And it takes nothing away from their opponents. Bucks deserve to go through.

HALLandOATES
06-20-2021, 02:09 AM
A+

Everyone knows if they were healthy the would of owned the title,they basically were without 2 of there 3 stars the whole series(harden on bum leg dosent count as a star)

Griffin stays yes, he was such a surprise stud for this team, who knew he had heart and hustled? Pistons sure didn’t

They’re all signing extensions and prob winning next year

Durant and Harden(Healthy as a playmaker/scorer) are the best 2 players in the league,or I’d take them 1 and 2

Kyrie is top 10

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2021, 02:28 AM
If all 3 are healthy I really don't think anybody can beat them. Durant nearly won this series singlehandedly, hell, you give him just a healthy Harden or Kyrie that's a championship team right there.

But it's hard to tell just how long their championship window will last. KD looked better than he literally ever has, but a guy approaching 33 with his injury history is far from a sure thing health wise. Kyrie seems literally incapable of staying healthy for the playoffs, he's missed 2 entire playoff runs and has now cost his team ('15 Cavs & Nets) 2 titles due to injury.

I think they have a solid 3 year window where they can still contend for championships. But the clock will really start to be ticking for them if they don't win a championship next year

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2021, 02:30 AM
A+

Everyone knows if they were healthy the would of owned the title,they basically were without 2 of there 3 stars the whole series(harden on bum leg dosent count as a star)

Griffin stays yes, he was such a surprise stud for this team, who knew he had heart and hustled? Pistons sure didn’t

Durant and Harden(Healthy as a playmaker/scorer) are the best 2 players in the league,or I’d take them 1 and 2

Kyrie is top 10
Nah, Kawhi alone is clearly better than Harden, and I'm sure there are several players most people would take ahead of Harden as well. And there are far too many talented players who are actually leading their teams and staying healthy for Kyrie to be top 10

bullettooth
06-20-2021, 02:32 AM
Could have been 2011 bad, but injuries got the best of them. There are no shortcuts in this league.

tanibanana
06-20-2021, 02:42 AM
C+

A+ : dominate the Playoffs from round-1 to Finals. They were expected actually
(two former MVPs, and a 1st draft pick).
A- : wins the Championship
B+ : wins the Conference Finals
B- : wins Conference Semi-Finals
C+ : reach the Playoffs

8Ball
06-20-2021, 10:00 AM
F

2011 was considered a success. Going to the finals first year put together is huge accomplishment.

2020 is A++++

Shooter
06-20-2021, 10:03 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/LMPoJJ7m1nxlRbswAt/giphy.gif

Jasper
06-20-2021, 10:19 AM
injuried (.)

They get a legit board and interior defender ... they could go 3 peat.

I keep thinking of the Russian that bought the Nets , envisioned a chip ... then he sold the franchise..
lmao

paksat
06-20-2021, 10:24 AM
bucks play defense, defense wins championships

Shooter
06-20-2021, 10:25 AM
bucks play defense, defense wins championships

True. LeBron was the anchor for 3 of his FMVPs. Can't say that about most others

https://i.postimg.cc/PqHtzYQh/3x_Anchor_among_starters.png

Bronbron23
06-20-2021, 10:36 AM
A+

Kyrie is top 10

A+ my ass. It's a c at best. It was championship or bust for them. They didn't even make it to the conference finals.

Joey Turnbuckle
06-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Better than the Heat.

Heat were 3 fully healthy allstars losing to a bunch of old guys.

Durant with 2 injured all star teammates that are 70 million dollars in dead cap space still almost beat an mvp in his prime basically by himself.

Gohan
06-20-2021, 11:01 AM
blake griffin bballed out, he wasnt by himself and green played as good as you could for game 5

Derka
06-20-2021, 11:04 AM
Brooklyn didn’t put that team together and spend all that money to get bounced in the 2nd round. It was title or bust for them and injuries or no injuries, you gotta win with what you’ve got available. They didn’t do that. That’s the only rating that matters.

AirBonner
06-20-2021, 11:19 AM
They were a super team last season. Two years now and no chip.

Shooter
06-20-2021, 11:23 AM
Better than the Heat.

Heat were 3 fully healthy allstars losing to a bunch of old guys.

Durant with 2 injured all star teammates that are 70 million dollars in dead cap space still almost beat an mvp in his prime basically by himself.

Much better than the Heat, the Heat only made 4 straight Finals :lol
The Nets. The NETS got to the 2nd round :pimp:

Real winners lose early :lol :lol

Phoenix
06-20-2021, 12:03 PM
If all 3 are healthy I really don't think anybody can beat them. Durant nearly won this series singlehandedly, hell, you give him just a healthy Harden or Kyrie that's a championship team right there.

But it's hard to tell just how long their championship window will last. KD looked better than he literally ever has, but a guy approaching 33 with his injury history is far from a sure thing health wise. Kyrie seems literally incapable of staying healthy for the playoffs, he's missed 2 entire playoff runs and has now cost his team ('15 Cavs & Nets) 2 titles due to injury.

I think they have a solid 3 year window where they can still contend for championships. But the clock will really start to be ticking for them if they don't win a championship next year

Durant 'with health'( that's always the key with him) can probably play like this till 35. Even if there's a slight dropoff the level he's at now can still be the best player on a championship team. Personally him and Harden(healthy) probably wins the title, Kyrie being more of an X-factor due to health or doing 'Kyrie things' is overkill.

Hey Yo
06-20-2021, 12:10 PM
well as much of a fail.that last shot by Durant was it was basically a 1 man show with kyrie out and harden being a void of an existence all series
1 man show??

Harden put up 22-9-9 last night while Blake had 17-11. No excuse to lose while Jrue and Kris combined to shoot 14-49