PDA

View Full Version : The deeply suspect officiating in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals

coastalmarker99
06-20-2021, 04:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jM0aITPms

coastalmarker99
06-20-2021, 04:55 AM
I didn't realise until watching this video how many suspect calls the refs gave the Lakers in the fourth quarter of this game which resulted in them winning the title.

Smoke117
06-20-2021, 04:57 AM
The fix was in for the Lakers the entire series.

coastalmarker99
06-20-2021, 05:00 AM
The fix was in for the Lakers the entire series.

Yeah maybe but the Refs clearly favoured the Lakers in game 7 and no one can deny that at all.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 05:06 AM
It was a joke.

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals: 37-to-17 FT +20 advantage (21-to-4 in 4th !!).

Even beyond that, on some plays Gasol touched the ball while out of bounds and stuff like that....

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2021, 05:08 AM
That was a great analysis. I'm sure someone could look for calls that went the Celtics way, but that was a great breakdown of the complete inconsistency in calls between the first 3 quarters and the 4th. I'm not even disputing that some of those were fouls, but they simply were not calling those same plays as fouls for the duration of the game until the 4th. In addition to that yes, the Lakers got favorable calls in the 4th quarter as well.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 05:10 AM
It was a joke.

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals: 37-to-17 FT +20 advantage (21-to-4 in 4th !!).

Even beyond that, on some plays Gasol touched the ball while out of bounds and stuff like that....

this was the re-make of:

Game 6 of the 2002 WCF: 40-to-25 FT +15 advantage (27 FT's !! in the 4th-quarter). (Kobe elbow to Bibby)

Rysio
06-20-2021, 05:12 AM
There shouldn't even been a game 7. Refs gifted the Celtics game 2 to make the series competitive.

RoseCity07
06-20-2021, 05:30 AM
Such a rig job. This is why no one ever talks about the Lakers titles. No one really cares. We all respect Dallas in 2011. Pistons in 2004. Teams that really earned it. It's just not special or meaningful when the Lakers win.

coastalmarker99
06-20-2021, 05:52 AM
this was the re-make of:

Game 6 of the 2002 WCF: 40-to-25 FT +15 advantage (27 FT's !! in the 4th-quarter). (Kobe elbow to Bibby)

Indeed it was a remake of game 6 of the 2002 Wcf.

bobopenguin
06-20-2021, 06:33 AM
shame on ref, should have rigged more for lakers.
titles without lakers are meaningless.

getting_old
06-20-2021, 12:58 PM
Indeed it was a remake of game 6 of the 2002 Wcf.

worst ever was the Kings getting screwed out of their worthy victories against the Lakers

Joey Turnbuckle
06-20-2021, 01:03 PM
They also rigged Lakers vs Kings and Lakers vs Blazers.

And Heat over Mavs

And basically every Heat/Pacers series as well as Rose Bulls beating Pacers.

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 01:04 PM
You can make this narrative about any team in any given game. Calls go missed both ways and it's disgusting how people cherry-pick 50/50 plays to discredit the Lakers.

getting_old
06-20-2021, 01:05 PM
You can make this narrative about any team in any given game. Calls go missed both ways and it's disgusting how people cherry-pick 50/50 plays to discredit the Lakers.

not when people with no $$ or cheering interest have a conniption fit and remember it perfectly 20 years later

Kings were totally screwed

2nd place is the US in the 1972 Olympic gold medal final

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 01:07 PM
not when people with no $$ or cheering interest have a conniption fit and remember it perfectly 20 years later

Kings were totally screwed

2nd place is the US in the 1972 Olympic gold medal final

King screwed themselves in multiple close games in that series, it's disgusting people pin it on Game 6 when the Kings left Horry wide open from 3 to save the series, or when Peja airballed a wide open corner 3 at home to win it. Y'all act as if the refs actually decide the entire game. Refs can't make or miss shots for these guys.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2021, 01:07 PM
LAKERS were def given this TITLE.. I remember bringing this up .. But it was okay for me as BOSTON AND LA are the two teams I hated Most.. Boston is my least fav team.. I won 3k I believe from that series so I was okay with the OUTCOME.. But yea BOSTON GOT ROBBED.. Lakers took like 20 something frees in the FOURTH QUARTER.. It was a ROB JOB JUST LIKE 2002 WCF

getting_old
06-20-2021, 01:08 PM
King screwed themselves in multiple close games in that series, it's disgusting people pin it on Game 6 when the Kings left Horry wide open from 3 to save the series, or when Peja airballed a wide open corner 3 at home to win it. Y'all act as if the refs actually decide the entire game. Refs can't make or miss shots for these guys.

see? it still lives in your mind, 20 years later....

you know how evil this fu**ery was

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 01:10 PM
see? it still lives in your mind, 20 years later....

you know how evil this fu**ery was

It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. The whole world wanted the Lakers to lose in 2002 and 2010. Were there some bad calls in some of those games? Sure, but that's not why they won at the end of the day. If it was as rigged as you people say it was, why even watch or bet on games?

Joey Turnbuckle
06-20-2021, 01:12 PM

They did decide the entire game. They put the entire team in foul trouble on made up fouls and gave the Lakers like 25 free throws in the 4th quarter because the Kings were killing them.

Joey Turnbuckle
06-20-2021, 01:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITDJBr-iN1I

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 01:16 PM
They did decide the entire game. They put the entire team in could trouble on made up fouls and gave the Lakers like 25 free throws in the 4th quarter because the Kings were killing them.

Ok, did the refs also miss FTs for the Kings? Chris Webber, a 70+%FT shooter, went 2/5 from the FT line. Peja Stojakovic, a career 89.5%FT shooter, went 1/3 from the FT line. Kings lost by 4 points :kobe: .

Shaq was a notoriously terrible FT shooter, he shot it 13/17 (76.5%) in that game.

tpols
06-20-2021, 02:52 PM
Even I could admit it was partially fixed as a kobe fan. Last night I was hardcore rooting for the Nets and could tell you they were trying to rig and give Brooklyn huge momentum in that first quarter. The Nets couldn't capitalize off it, but it evened out over the game with Gianni being paraded to the FT line. If you don't think the league has a hidden agenda to promote certain teams and stars you're crazy. It all comes down to money and who sold out.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/175/793/2kobe-bryant-white-hood2.jpg

https://www.costumeagent.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Progressive-Flo-Lebron-James.jpg

highwhey
06-20-2021, 02:59 PM
You gotta be living in fantasy land to think some of these series are not rigged or at the very least "steered" towards a preferred outcome via officiating. i will be keeping a very close eye on today's matchup of Suns vs Clippers. I have heard whispers the league is scrambling to save the last remaining big market teams for ratings. So if the Clippers win, we will know it is due to corrupt officiating.

Gohan
06-20-2021, 03:00 PM
You gotta be living in fantasy land to think some of these series are not rigged or at the very least "steered" towards a preferred outcome via officiating. i will be keeping a very close eye on today's matchup of Suns vs Clippers. I have heard whispers the league is scrambling to save the last remaining big market teams for ratings. So if the Clippers win, we will know it is due to corrupt officiating.

i bet youre a suns fan

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2021, 03:03 PM
Yikes, when you can’t even admit Game 6 was an abomination, you know you’ve gone off the deep end

RRR3
06-20-2021, 03:03 PM
Sure for this series and others, but 2002 is confirmed as rigged.

RRR3
06-20-2021, 03:04 PM
Yikes, when you can’t even admit Game 6 was an abomination, you know you’ve gone off the deep end
If he admits that, he admits Kobe only has the same number of real rings as LeBron. Can’t have that. That extra ring is the only thing keeping him able to convince himself Kobe is better.

Gohan
06-20-2021, 03:09 PM
If he admits that, he admits Kobe only has the same number of real rings as LeBron. Can’t have that. That extra ring is the only thing keeping him able to convince himself Kobe is better.
yea but lebron would of lost to that 2002 kings team. much better than the 2016 warriors that flat out choked

JohnMax
06-20-2021, 03:23 PM
Funny how this ref bias narrative only comes in seasons where Kobe won a championship. Especially the seasons he caused maximum pain for haters by repeating or 3peating. It's all a calculated effort to delegitimize Kobe's greatness.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 03:27 PM

ImKobe gem.

More general bs to deny the obvious.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 03:28 PM
watched the entire video and all I got out of it was that the refs finally started calling legit fouls when it mattered and realized letting them play in the first half made it ugly as hell to watch

would everyone rather they kept swallowing their whistle and just let the bigger bully win the game

those were legit fouls Boston was committing. kobe got wacked many times in the first half with no call. maybe if the refs called it right the entire way through the Lakers win going away

How are you this deluded.

Show me where Kobe got „whacked“.

RRR3
06-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:biggums:

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Funny how this ref bias narrative only comes in seasons where Kobe won a championship. Especially the seasons he caused maximum pain for haters by repeating or 3peating. It's all a calculated effort to delegitimize Kobe's greatness.

This. No one cries about the Cavs getting away with murder against Curry in the 2016 Finals, or how the league retroactively go and suspend Draymond for calling Lebron a bitch to avoid the Cavs from getting eliminated in 5 games. Refs sure missed some calls in that 2013 Finals as well when the Heat were allowed to murder Manu and Parker down the stretch of games. It's only rigged if Kobe wins it I guess.. :facepalm.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2021, 03:32 PM
This. No one cries about the Cavs getting away with murder against Curry in the 2016 Finals, or how the league retroactively go and suspend Draymond for calling Lebron a bitch to avoid the Cavs from getting eliminated in 5 games. Refs sure missed some calls in that 2013 Finals as well when the Heat were allowed to murder Manu and Parker down the stretch of games. It's only rigged if Kobe wins it I guess.. :facepalm.

Ever thought this was the case because the Lakers were simply involved in far more egregious instances? :lol

All Green got was a technical and was suspended based on accumulation.

The 2013 game 6 was horribly shafted in the Spurs‘ favor.

Didn‘t the Spurs even subbed Duncan in when there was no timeout or dead ball?

Should have been FT Miami.

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 03:32 PM
ImKobe gem.

More general bs to deny the obvious.

So the refs made Peja and Webber shoot below 50% from the FT line in that game? Refs made Peja airball a wide open corner 3 to win the series? Refs left Horry wide open from the top of the key?

ImKobe
06-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Ever thought this was the case because the Lakers were simply involved in far more egregious instances? :lol

All Green got was a technical and was suspended based on accumulation.

The 2013 game 6 was horribly shafted in the Spurs‘ favor.

Didn‘t the Spurs even subbed Duncan in when there was no timeout or dead ball?

Should have been FT Miami.

But the thing is HE DIDN'T GET A TECHNICAL IN THE ****ING GAME! THE LEAGUE SUSPENDED HIM RETROACTIVELY TO EXTEND THE SERIES.