PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Explain The Ben Simmons Hype?

MannyO
06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
I never understood it honestly.
He's been averaging the SAME stats for like 4-5 years straight. 14ppg 7apg 7rpg and no jumpshot.
He's good on D but I just don't get the hype when he's so offensively limited.

Proctor
06-20-2021, 11:07 PM
Sixers fans LOVE to tout their lockdown defensive players who are garbage offensively: Simmons and Thybulle. And if you ask them, Thybulle is "untouchable." Pretty sure they said the same about Ben once :roll:

Boogaboog
06-20-2021, 11:10 PM
Dumb shit. I agree. His transition offense game is all he has, and all I've seen from him. He otherwise doesn't even belong in the league. Philly would have been better off with Jeremy Lin out there.

bison
06-20-2021, 11:11 PM
Sizers should look into trading him for LonZo

MannyO
06-21-2021, 12:17 AM
Every year he puts up the same stats lol. Atleast he's consistent in that right... but honestly no improvements since his rookie year. Ingram already surpassed him in fact.

bobopenguin
06-21-2021, 12:28 AM
Sizers should look into trading him for LonZo

lmao, even lonzo isnt afraid to take shots. ben simmons is terrible, he's trading value is worse than lonzo at this point.

1987_Lakers
06-21-2021, 12:31 AM
He came into the NBA at age 21 already playing at an All-star caliber level, so naturally people thought he was gonna get better. His hype was more about potential more than anything else, but at this point it's pretty obvious he's not the player Philly fans thought he was going to be.

SouBeachTalents
06-21-2021, 12:35 AM
He came into the NBA at age 21 already playing at an All-star caliber level, so naturally people thought he was gonna get better. His hype was more about potential more than anything else, but at this point it's pretty obvious he's not the player Philly fans thought he was going to be.
That's an understatement bro :lol He's a legit offensive liability

Druckenmiller
06-21-2021, 12:49 AM
Tree Rollins, Greg Kite and Will Purdue think Ben Simmons offensive game is a joke.

97 bulls
06-21-2021, 12:49 AM
I think it's mental. He passed up a wide open dunk. As well as a few scoring opportunities on the break. I think Rivers should have had him guarding Young the while series. Some players offense improves when they make an impact on defense. He needs to work on his FTs. I beard he was 6-22 for this series vs the Hawks

iamgine
06-21-2021, 01:02 AM
He's just not right mentally. Not the "he get weak on pressure" type of mental problem. More like, he might have an actual mental illness. How else do you explain his refusal to shoot for years.

Xiao Yao You
06-21-2021, 01:07 AM
He hypes himself is the funny part

insight
06-21-2021, 01:25 AM
The Trae Young effect is real! Knicks fans thought Julius Randal was the league MVP until he collapsed under the pressure of playing Trae young and the Hawks, now he is not even worthy of a max contract and not a #1 option. Ben Simmons was hyped up as the best defensive player, and part of the big 3 who were going to lead Philly to a Championship. Now his own coach won't say they can win a championship with Ben playing point guard and the fan base has disowned him.

Spurs m8
06-21-2021, 01:54 AM
He's just not right mentally. Not the "he get weak on pressure" type of mental problem. More like, he might have an actual mental illness. How else do you explain his refusal to shoot for years.

:roll:

Spurs m8
06-21-2021, 01:54 AM
I hope he chooses Cancun over the Olympics....I don't wanna get stuck having to support him

GOBB
06-21-2021, 01:56 AM
Ben defense wasn’t the issue. I don’t think dudes here watch the game. Or you spend so much time on Twitter and other social media outlets where retards like yourself dwell. That you take what’s said there and assume it’s agreed upon here. Like you’ll read on Twitter someone said Ben is Next Lebron then run here and make a post.

“Bwhahaha sixers fans said Ben was next lebron tho. Now look at yall”

Sounding like a f*cking 12yr old. I guess one day you dudes will grow up then cringe at some of the shit you said in the past. I’m just here to speed up that process tho. Do better buds. Seriously. It’s 2021 and dudes talkin about Ben Simmons hype like it’s his rookie year. You dudes sound stupid as all hell. Yikes

DABIGSALSISHA
06-21-2021, 01:59 AM
I hope he chooses Cancun over the Olympics....I don't wanna get stuck having to support him

LMAO,,

Simmons performance was an ATROCITY tonight. Something out of horror books.

LAL
06-21-2021, 02:37 AM
Ben defense wasnÂ’t the issue. I donÂ’t think dudes here watch the game. Or you spend so much time on Twitter and other social media outlets where retards like yourself dwell. That you take whatÂ’s said there and assume itÂ’s agreed upon here. Like youÂ’ll read on Twitter someone said Ben is Next Lebron then run here and make a post.

“Bwhahaha sixers fans said Ben was next lebron tho. Now look at yall”

Sounding like a f*cking 12yr old. I guess one day you dudes will grow up then cringe at some of the shit you said in the past. IÂ’m just here to speed up that process tho. Do better buds. Seriously. ItÂ’s 2021 and dudes talkin about Ben Simmons hype like itÂ’s his rookie year. You dudes sound stupid as all hell. Yikes

Yikes. YOU were defending him like crazy. WE were speeding up the process for you but you kept defending his game and his all star status, you tried to tell us about all the good things he does and that we were too focused on his flaws according to you. All eyes on Ben if they getting bounced again is what i told you, but you kept fighting.

Im not trying to stalk you or anything. Your opinions are just intriguing to me. Shame on Ben for putting you in a difficult spot like that.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 02:46 AM
Yikes. YOU were defending him like crazy. WE were speeding up the process for you but you kept defending his game and his all star status, you tried to tell us about all the good things he does and that we were too focused on his flaws according to you. All eyes on Ben if they getting bounced again is what i told you, but you kept fighting.

Im not trying to stalk you or anything. Your opinions are just intriguing to me. Shame on Ben for putting you in a difficult spot like that.

Not only are you stalking. You’re lying. Show me where I defended Ben Simmons d*ckhead. Asked you numerous times and you have yet to show me where. Bozo

LAL
06-21-2021, 02:56 AM
Not only are you stalking. You’re lying. Show me where I defended Ben Simmons d*ckhead. Asked you numerous times and you have yet to show me where. Bozo

I found a couple. But i won't :)

warriorfan
06-21-2021, 02:59 AM
There was more hope than hype.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 03:13 AM
I found a couple. But i won't :)

Again you’re a liar. If you found them copy and paste or bump threads and tag me. Otherwise eat a d*ck

LAL
06-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Again you’re a liar. If you found them copy and paste or bump threads and tag me. Otherwise eat a d*ck

Why shoot if he can't!!

It's not mental!!

Sixers management doesn't share your opinion!!

His free throws are okay during reg season!!

He's not a second option but he is second best on the team!!

Being even less aggressive in the playoffs and 4th quarters has nothing to do with him not wanting to go to the line!! (34%, all time record)

You want him to shoot and miss like Giannis??!!

GOBB
06-21-2021, 03:37 AM
Why shoot if he can't!!

It's not mental!!

Sixers management doesn't share your opinion!!

His free throws are okay during reg season!!

He's not a second option but he is second best on the team!!

Being even less aggressive in the playoffs and 4th quarters has nothing to do with him not wanting to go to the line!! (34%, all time record)

You want him to shoot and miss like Giannis??!!

1. Yes it’s pointless to have Ben shoot just to shoot and end up lookin like Westbrook and Giannis. Bad shooters. How is this defending him? It’s accepting that he can’t shoot and people harping on him not shooting are stupid. Hypothetically if Ben shot jumpers the DEFENSE doesn’t defend him any different than if he didn’t. Facts. Some weird reasons fans like you think Ben is a good shooter in hiding he just has to shoot. Cringe

2. Always said it’s mental wit Ben. Always said he’s the most weird athlete I ever come across. He needs to see a shrink. Something is preventing him from excelling. Never saw a dude so shook and scared to shoot the ball. Almost like he was abused for it as a kid.

3. Sixer mgmt doesnt share your opinion. Facts. How is this defending Ben?

4. His free throw shooting in the playoffs isn’t as big of a deal as his LACK of FGA. Not defending Ben for being a lousy FT shooter. It’s saying stop making this the headline and focus on the fact the guy played 35mins game 7 with only 4 shots.

5. Never said no shit like that. KblaZe may have. Get your quotes right p*ssy

6. Ben not being aggressive has ZERO to do with fre throw shooting. In fact he had a wide open dunk he passed up. Let me guess he passed out because he was Afraid to get fouled and go to FT line where he shoots poor. Listen to yourself bozo

7. Yes you and everyone want Ben to shoot shoot shoot. And look like Giannis who shoots poor from FT line, 3pt. Why? I want him to attack attack attack the basket. Speaking of which Giannis shoots poor from FT line and it doesn’t have any effect on how aggressive he is. There goes they myth.

Like I said you are a liar. Just ended you kid

RRR3
06-21-2021, 03:53 AM
Giannis is confident. Ben isn’t. The difference. Also Ben is absolutely scared to shoot FTs rn.

plowking
06-21-2021, 03:58 AM
He would be a top 10 guy in the league if he could shoot FT's. Legitimately.

He is so insanely good at everything apart from shooting, but the shooting is so bad that it hinders his ability or want to be aggressive. He literally becomes a guy who dribbles the ball up the court and not much else without confidence in his shot.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 04:04 AM
Giannis is confident. Ben isn’t. The difference. Also Ben is absolutely scared to shoot FTs rn.

Listen Giannis is better than Ben because he is a dog. If both were pit bulls? Giannis is in the back yard hanging from a tire. Ben is sitting there watching. If an intruder entered the property Giannis is going ape shits attacking. Ben is running away. Yeah Giannis has confidence but the aggression he has is what makes his career. He utilizes every physical attribute at his disposal. He has the height weight athleticism length and doesn’t waste it. Giannis has no skill but manages to find a way to make it work. Ben doesn’t do any of that.

All I’m saying if we isolate one skill which is shooting? Giannis is confident to shoot the jumper but he’s ass at it. Same with free throws. Ben lacks confidence but whenever he gains confidence (if ever). He too will be ass. So why bother? Why bother having Ben shoot jumpers just to shoot a low %. Then complain they he doesn’t hit a higher % or why is her shooting and not attacking more (similar to Giannis at one point these playoffs).

I use Westbrook and Giannis as examples of guys who are dogs and attack the rim like a tire in the backyard. Hoping Ben would do the same. Because shooting jumpers ain’t it. He won’t be good at at. And I say that he won’t be good because there’s no player in the history of basketball that went 6 years without shooting. That decided to one day shoot and be at least avg or above avg at it.

Ben is not scared to shoot free throws. He’s just missing. The guy is a career 59z% shooter. It’s his 5th year. We are isolating one post season where he shot atrocious. Like it means anything. When Luka and Giannis have shot just as bad. It happens.

Ben hitting some free throws to make his average doesn’t win this series. Hence why I list free throw shooting on Ben list of woes further down.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 04:05 AM
He would be a top 10 guy in the league if he could shoot FT's. Legitimately.

He is so insanely good at everything apart from shooting, but the shooting is so bad that it hinders his ability or want to be aggressive. He literally becomes a guy who dribbles the ball up the court and not much else without confidence in his shot.

Are you kidding me? Top 10 just hitting free throws? You’re full of shit. Just do the math on it and see how far you’re off with such an assessment. Here I’ll help you with your homework bud. His career high is 5.4 fta. And no he wouldn’t go to the line more if he shot a higher FT%. Shit has nothing to do with anything. Ben is a finesse player. He’s not someone that will throw his body at you full speed. He avoids contact. So get out of here. Top 10 my ass

plowking
06-21-2021, 04:08 AM
Are you kidding me? Top 10 just hitting free throws? You’re full of shit. Just do the math on it and see how far you’re off with such an assessment.

GOBB, get your angry old ass off the board and do something you actually enjoy for once.

Miserable old bat hanging your entire quota of happiness on your shitty cities basketball team.

Go fist yourself dipshit.

RRR3
06-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Giannis is bad at 3s but the fact that he takes them and shoots them at 30% (he’s been in a slump but he’s usually around 30%) is SOMETHING. He can also hit occasionally from midrange. Yes his jumper is bad but he has that option if he gets cut off and he’s capable of getting hot. Ben almost literally never shoots jumpers at all.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 04:26 AM
Giannis is bad at 3s but the fact that he takes them and shoots them at 30% (he’s been in a slump but he’s usually around 30%) is SOMETHING. He can also hit occasionally from midrange. Yes his jumper is bad but he has that option if he gets cut off and he’s capable of getting hot. Ben almost literally never shoots jumpers at all.

Giannis has never won nor impact a playoff series with his jumper. So I don’t give a f*ck he shoots them. His bread and butter is living in the paint. Same with Westbrook. They can shoot jumpers. They can hit jumpers. Defenses do NOT change how they defend them because of it. They play off those two and LIVE with them shooting. Facts.

So yea Giannis is attempting jumpers from mid-3. What I’m saying if Ben could do that next season. It does not change how he’s being guarded. Nor will it change how effective he is offensively. Becuase he does not make his living at the rim like Giannis and Westbrook. It’s all I’m saying. I get it people want Ben to avg 3-4 3pta and 4-5 middies. I totally get it. What I’m telling you is that does not make Ben or this team better. Because he will shoot a low %.

30% from 3 is bad. It’s well well below league avg. Giannis was horrendous shooting and at the charity stripe. Same with Westbrook who people call WestBRICK for a reason. Ijs, people wanting Ben to attempt jumpers are in for a rude awakening.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 04:28 AM
GOBB, get your angry old ass off the board and do something you actually enjoy for once.

Miserable old bat hanging your entire quota of happiness on your shitty cities basketball team.

Go fist yourself dipshit.

Dumb ass post by you. You sound dumb as f*ck. Why avoid answering how Ben making free throws turns him into top 10? I’ll even give u Ben hiring 85% of his free throws. Now what? His career high is 5.4 fta per game. He doesn’t live at the rim you sh*thead. What don’t you understand? You act like he goes there 10-11 times per game and just misses a lot. Nitwit

plowking
06-21-2021, 04:36 AM
Dumb ass post by you. You sound dumb as f*ck. Why avoid answering how Ben making free throws turns him into top 10? I’ll even give u Ben hiring 85% of his free throws. Now what? His career high is 5.4 fta per game. He doesn’t live at the rim you sh*thead. What don’t you understand? You act like he goes there 10-11 times per game and just misses a lot. Nitwit

His timidness is predicated on the fact on if he drives and gets fouled he can't do anything about it. If he is confident in his shot, he drives more, gets hit more, goes to the line more. He is already a great rebounder, a great passer, a great finisher and a massive presence everywhere on the floor. Now he starts feeling more confident and driving more? More second chance shots, more offensive boards, etc.

Your dumbass thinks all this shit is a vacuum and if stat A goes up, thats all that is impacted and not the rest of his game. Absolute muppet. Your geriatric ass still talking loud and acting tough on a forum.

Mulder
06-21-2021, 04:39 AM
Ben Simmons is another one of those players who should have spent 4 years in college.
Now, due to a huge salary, every game he mails it in.

GOBB
06-21-2021, 04:47 AM
His timidness is predicated on the fact on if he drives and gets fouled he can't do anything about it. If he is confident in his shot, he drives more, gets hit more, goes to the line more. He is already a great rebounder, a great passer, a great finisher and a massive presence everywhere on the floor. Now he starts feeling more confident and driving more? More second chance shots, more offensive boards, etc.

Your dumbass thinks all this shit is a vacuum and if stat A goes up, thats all that is impacted and not the rest of his game. Absolute muppet. Your geriatric ass still talking loud and acting tough on a forum.

Becuase you’re absolutely f*cking wrong!!!! Ben is attacking the rim the same way he has from year 1 to year 5!!!! It’s bozos like you who take one post season and think he doesn’t attack the rim due to his horrible ft% which means he’s afraid to keep attacking for fear of missing. It’s ridiculous as hell. You guys are literally stupid as f*ck. It’s baffling. And exposes who really watches the guy and who doesn’t. Ben Simmons is a passive player. Ben Simmons is a finesse player. These are facts. Why are people creating videos mocking Ben driving to the rim wide open and passing out? Why is he associated with Celtics rondo? Who notoriously passed out of shots?

The play where Ben is WIDE OPEN for a dunk and passes it to Thybulle debunks you’re stupid as theory. Like it completes annihilates it. So Ben didn’t dunk because he lacked confidence and was afraid of getting fouled therefore would miss free throws? That’s essentially your argument here. Explain why he didn’t dunk. When you answer it’s the same reason why he doesn’t attack the rim. It’s the same reason why Ben himself says “I need to be more aggressive”. You simpleton. You dudes are dumb as f*ck,

Shaq was horrible at shooting free throws. One of the most aggressive and dominant forces in nba history. How do you d*ckheads sound thinking lack of confidence, afraid to miss free throws has anything to do with lack of attacking the rim. The motherf*cker has been in the league 5 years and has never ever ever attacked the rim like he should. And here we are year 5 of the postseason not regular season because your b*cth ass never said shit about this then. We are in the post season of year 5 diagnosing Ben lack of agression and attacking the rim to poor free throw shooting.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa go to bed

RRR3
06-21-2021, 05:22 AM
Giannis has never won nor impact a playoff series with his jumper. So I don’t give a f*ck he shoots them. His bread and butter is living in the paint. Same with Westbrook. They can shoot jumpers. They can hit jumpers. Defenses do NOT change how they defend them because of it. They play off those two and LIVE with them shooting. Facts.

So yea Giannis is attempting jumpers from mid-3. What I’m saying if Ben could do that next season. It does not change how he’s being guarded. Nor will it change how effective he is offensively. Becuase he does not make his living at the rim like Giannis and Westbrook. It’s all I’m saying. I get it people want Ben to avg 3-4 3pta and 4-5 middies. I totally get it. What I’m telling you is that does not make Ben or this team better. Because he will shoot a low %.

30% from 3 is bad. It’s well well below league avg. Giannis was horrendous shooting and at the charity stripe. Same with Westbrook who people call WestBRICK for a reason. Ijs, people wanting Ben to attempt jumpers are in for a rude awakening.
Westbrook had a good midrange at one point tbh. Outback Ostertag is an old school center playing PG.

outofstomach
06-21-2021, 11:51 AM

Go fist yourself dipshit.:lol

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:57 AM
He's been averaging the SAME stats for like 4-5 years straight. 14ppg 7apg 7rpg and no jumpshot.

Maybe they thought he had potential to be like Giannis with no jumpshot.

3ba11
06-21-2021, 12:03 PM
better than 88-90' Pippen, but no one to lead him and light that fire

AirBonner
06-21-2021, 12:29 PM
better than 88-90' Pippen, but no one to lead him and light that fire

Weak alt

Gohan
06-21-2021, 12:35 PM
weak alt

if he was talking about good about pippen you would be applauding him

GOBB
06-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Westbrook had a good midrange at one point tbh. Outback Ostertag is an old school center playing PG.

Keyword had. Danny green played off Westbrook all series. It was so bad Westbrook for to the FT line and had space to shoot and didn’t. But if people want Ben to put up jumpers for f*ck sake that’s fine. But I know how the story goes after it. We will be here discussing his %.

Gohan
06-21-2021, 12:44 PM
Sixers could of really used danny green to guard that white boy too. He wouldnt of been as hot

Mulder
06-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Kendall Kenner, in six months found Big Ben wasn't so big after all.
She was forced to drop the brother.

https://img.republicworld.com/republic-prod/stories/promolarge/xhdpi/pmmncejdtnjptmxy_1623665312.jpeg

lakerstekkenn
06-21-2021, 06:38 PM

Simmons was eventually supposed to improve drastically because he can pass play defense it was only a matter of time when he becomes a deadly shooter with his size but he hasn't improved at all.

So the 76ers have two options hire a shooting coach for him this off season to improve his game to give him confidence then see what happens next season or trade him away for proven talent to a team that would take him.

The Lakers tried this experiment with Schroder this year but he didn't work out he didn't show up in the playoffs, so we either move on or give him one more year because he did have injuries

3ba11
06-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Everyone is saying he needs a mentor - he would've been a rich man's Pippen, but didn't have Jordan to light that fire

Simmons is a 3-time all-star, while young Pippen was a bum

Gohan
06-21-2021, 07:10 PM
everyone is saying he needs a mentor - he would've been a rich man's pippen, but didn't have jordan to light that fire

simmons is a 3-time all-star, while young pippen was a bum

jordan couldnt even get that man to shoot 3ball, something is wrong with simmons. How do you play ball all your life and scared to shoot?

elementally morale
06-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Ben Simmons seems to be someone who doesn't like to play basketball. He plays because he is very tall and a good athlete thus better suited for the game than 99.998% of the population. But he doesn't really like the game. He likes to play... defense. Ruinig others' games. Not offense... when he is the one that plays. He doesn't like it. I think he doesn't even like the basketball.

Most players want to have the ball. Even if they don't end up shooting it they want their touches. Ben does not. Whenever he gets the ball he wants to get rid of it. He would be perfectly fine with him no touching the ball for 48 minutes while playing all 48 minutes. He is not an a player you can count on on offense and he never will be. Some say it's mental, I say it is who he is. Not a problem... unless someone wants to make him be or become something he is not.

He is overpaid, yes. But it's water under the bridge. Still a very good player but you all should forget him for offense. No, he shouldn't play PG. A pont guard needs aggression to play the position. Doesn't have to be a good shooter. Young Jason Kidd wasn't a good shooter either. But he wanted to attack and wanted to have te ball in his hands. Ben Simmons plays hot potato like Rodman. Yes, he is a good passer but his lack of aggression makes him a bad choice at PG. He should play SF or even PF. Grab a few offensive rebounds and get some nice assists from the post. Learn a post move or two. Then run back and defend. Do what you are good at.

Having him shoot more won't make him any better. He will always be a below average shooter. Not his role. His problem is not that he is bad. he is good. But he is misused bi time. He is not a PG. Good passer, yes. So was Valde Divac. Still no PG.

He will never become what e thought he would be. Regardless, he can be an essential player on championship teams. So was Rodman or Ben Wallace. Without shooting. As soon as Ben doesn't have to play a role he cannot he will become valuable. Being forced to play the way he is is not capable of he is not helping the team.

Good player. Not a good fit next to Embiid. Shouldn't shoot more. Even via huge effort you can't change him into something he is not. Nor should you.

Get him in the post. Make him learn another post move beside his hook shot. Let him grab offensive rebounds. Make him play defense. He never gets tired. He could be very good. Not MVP caliber good the All NBA 2nd team good. But not as a PG.

Turbo Slayer
06-21-2021, 09:02 PM
He is a good player. The defense and passing is obviously there. However his jumper leaves a lot to be desired. He was used incorrectly.

Spurs m8
06-21-2021, 09:31 PM
Ben Simmons seems to be someone who doesn't like to play basketball. He plays because he is very tall and a good athlete thus better suited for the game than 99.998% of the population. But he doesn't really like the game. He likes to play... defense. Ruinig others' games. Not offense... when he is the one that plays. He doesn't like it. I think he doesn't even like the basketball.

Most players want to have the ball. Even if they don't end up shooting it they want their touches. Ben does not. Whenever he gets the ball he wants to get rid of it. He would be perfectly fine with him no touching the ball for 48 minutes while playing all 48 minutes. He is not an a player you can count on on offense and he never will be. Some say it's mental, I say it is who he is. Not a problem... unless someone wants to make him be or become something he is not.

He is overpaid, yes. But it's water under the bridge. Still a very good player but you all should forget him for offense. No, he shouldn't play PG. A pont guard needs aggression to play the position. Doesn't have to be a good shooter. Young Jason Kidd wasn't a good shooter either. But he wanted to attack and wanted to have te ball in his hands. Ben Simmons plays hot potato like Rodman. Yes, he is a good passer but his lack of aggression makes him a bad choice at PG. He should play SF or even PF. Grab a few offensive rebounds and get some nice assists from the post. Learn a post move or two. Then run back and defend. Do what you are good at.

Having him shoot more won't make him any better. He will always be a below average shooter. Not his role. His problem is not that he is bad. he is good. But he is misused bi time. He is not a PG. Good passer, yes. So was Valde Divac. Still no PG.

He will never become what e thought he would be. Regardless, he can be an essential player on championship teams. So was Rodman or Ben Wallace. Without shooting. As soon as Ben doesn't have to play a role he cannot he will become valuable. Being forced to play the way he is is not capable of he is not helping the team.

Good player. Not a good fit next to Embiid. Shouldn't shoot more. Even via huge effort you can't change him into something he is not. Nor should you.

Get him in the post. Make him learn another post move beside his hook shot. Let him grab offensive rebounds. Make him play defense. He never gets tired. He could be very good. Not MVP caliber good the All NBA 2nd team good. But not as a PG.

I agree with this...

I think he really doesn't enjoy it either...its a job and a damn good paying one at that.
Opens doors for him off the court too.

There's a certain arrogance and stuff to him too

As an aussie, he's like the opposite of Ingles and Patty.

elementally morale
06-21-2021, 09:49 PM
I agree with this...

I think he really doesn't enjoy it either...its a job and a damn good paying one at that.
Opens doors for him off the court too.

There's a certain arrogance and stuff to him too

As an aussie, he's like the opposite of Ingles and Patty.

Most great players are douchebags. It's almostlike you need to be one to become great. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, LeBron... even Bill Russell... Shaq... almost all of them. Duncan and David Robinson were not as*holes but it is an exception. even the lesser stars like Malone, Kidd, Payton... Barkley as a player...

As for Simmons he got rich and famous at a very young age. It sure got to his head and I think he believed he is better than he is and would be much better than he has become. So he acts like a superstar. However, with lack of success it will change. The payers you mentioned, Mills and Joe had to work very hard. Like Middleton. Nothing was easy. for Ben it was but only up to this point. I hope he doesn't break. Still very young so he could lead a happy life. You don't have to be the MVP to be useful and happy.

Embers
06-21-2021, 10:18 PM
I like this new angle from Ben Simmons missed dunk play. Really breaks down the play well and shows his flaws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuuFWu6BCU

3ba11
06-22-2021, 12:12 AM
jordan couldnt even get that man to shoot 3ball, something is wrong with simmons. How do you play ball all your life and scared to shoot?

he never had to. he was beasting guys in australia

since he isn't good at scoring (like pippen), he's a defensive role player

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 02:13 AM
You know what, san antonio should trade for Simmons and let popovich try to fix him

Spurs m8
06-22-2021, 06:50 AM
You know what, san antonio should trade for Simmons and let popovich try to fix him

Well, we will hopefully move DeRozan on and we gotta use some cap...with Aldridge being done too, obviously.

Having said that, I don't really want him.
Plus we don't have enough shooters really.
We gotta tank tbh

And he wouldn't want to be there..he's all about living that life, basketball comes second now

Smoke117
06-22-2021, 06:53 AM
If you are talking about right now then there is no hype anymore. Nobody is hyping him up anymore like they were his first 2-3 seasons.