PDA

View Full Version : How many POINT GUARDS could have took the current ATL Hawks to the Conf Finals?

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 09:32 PM
Serious question. I see the haters point out Trae Young's poor shooting in game 7 but look at the rest of his games.

Trae Young in Sixers series:

[Game 1: 35 PTS | 10 AST | 2 STL
Game 2: 21 PTS | 11 AST | 1 STL
Game 3: 28 PTS | 8 AST | 2 STL
Game 4: 25 PTS | 18 AST | 1 STL
Game 5: 39 PTS | 7 AST | 3 STL
Game 6: 34 PTS | 12 AST | 3 STL
Game 7: 21 PTS | 10 AST | 3 REB

So if you were to remove Trae from the Hawks, how many point guards (luka, lebron doesn't count) do you think could take the current Hawks team to at least the Conference Finals?

Stephen Curry - Yes

Damian Lillard, Chris Paul - Maybe

Westbrook, Ben Simmons, De'Aaron Fox, Ja Morant, Kyrie Irving, James Harden - No

Kind of puts into perspective how crazy this is.

Trae's a bad bad man
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/38/cf/c938cf175f6bf1351801e2f34615267b.gif

Gohan
06-21-2021, 09:38 PM
James harden is known for choking but he absolutely could take this atlanta team to the conference finals. He's a much better player than trae and it isnt close. People hate because they dont like how he plays so he gets downplayed but he's one of the best to play this game when healthy and he hasnt even gotten to the finals yet

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 09:43 PM
James harden is known for choking but he absolutely could take this atlanta team to the conference finals. He's a much better player than trae and it isnt close. People hate because they dont like how he plays so he gets downplayed but he's one of the best to play this game when healthy and he hasnt even gotten to the finals yet

On paper it seems like he’s better but he’s choked every chance he’s gotten in the playoffs

So you got Harden and who else out of the point guards?

AlternativeAcc.
06-21-2021, 09:43 PM
Steph curry absolutely COULD NOT take this hawks team to the conference playoffs. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if curry replaced Trae.

Trae is in a way different tier than curry,

I know curry has statpadded on some all time great teams and won bullshit awards... but he's not any good and never has been

It's very disrespectful to act like these guys are on the same level of player. Trae is multiple tiers above curry.

Gohan
06-21-2021, 09:46 PM
steph curry absolutely could not take this hawks team to the conference playoffs. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if curry replaced trae.

i know curry has statpadded on some all time great teams and won bullshit awards... But he's not any good and never has been

it's very disrespectful to act like these guys are on the same level of player. Trae is multiple tiers above curry.

im tryna smoke what you had this evening homeboy.

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 09:47 PM
im tryna smoke what you had this evening homeboy.

:roll:

Bimbo Coles
06-21-2021, 10:01 PM
None. Lightning in a bottle.

Full Court
06-21-2021, 10:56 PM
Lillard's waaaaaaaay ahead of Young. Not even close. And I'd even take Ja Morant over Trey. Morant got the Grizzlies into the playoffs with a way weaker supporting cast than Young has with the Hawks.

elementally morale
06-21-2021, 11:00 PM
Good question. Maybe no current PG and I mean it.

Curry is better than Trae IF he can shoulder the load. But he is not quite as good a passer as Young. Dame is also better than Trae and is definitely up for the big moment but he is much less of a facilitator for others. Jokic as a PG... I think that would do the trick. Harden as much as I hate his style may be better for this Hawks team than either of the above.

So I think I pick Harden for this Hawks team. Would be much less fun to watch but I think not any less effective.

Shooter
06-21-2021, 11:04 PM
Hello new 2021 poster. Thank you for the thread, I've seen you in the game threads as well.

Would you say the best offensive combination is scoring and passing? Like a Trae or a LeBron type? Instead of an easy to read chucker that can't pass well and only shoots like Jordan or Kawhi?

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:08 PM
Lillard's waaaaaaaay ahead of Young. Not even close. And I'd even take Ja Morant over Trey. Morant got the Grizzlies into the playoffs with a way weaker supporting cast than Young has with the Hawks.

No way morant could take the hawks to conference finals :lol

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:09 PM
Hello new 2021 poster. Thank you for the thread, I've seen you in the game threads as well.

Would you say the best offensive combination is scoring and passing? Like a Trae or a LeBron type? Instead of an easy to read chucker that can't pass well and only shoots like Jordan or Kawhi?

Best offensive combination is being able to score and get your teammates involved. Are you saying Trae can’t pass well ???

Shooter
06-21-2021, 11:12 PM
Best offensive combination is being able to score and get your teammates involved. Are you saying Trae can’t pass well ???

Would you say the best offensive combination is scoring and passing? Like a Trae or a LeBron type?

Instead of an easy to read chucker that can't pass well and only shoots like Jordan or Kawhi?

insight
06-21-2021, 11:14 PM

Nah, James Harden does not see the floor like Trae Young and he can't control the paces of the game like Trae. He is a better ISO player and scorer but not a better point guard.
Why do you think Harden quit on Houston to join an existing super team? Now you believe he could take a team with NO ALL-STARS anrd take them further than Trae, that's laughable.

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:15 PM
nah, james harden does not see the floor like trae young and he can't control the paces of the game like trae. He is a better iso player and scorer but not a better point guard.
Why do you think harden quit on houston to join an existing super team? Now you believe he could take a team with no all-stars anrd take them further than trae, that's laughable.

this

Shooter
06-21-2021, 11:17 PM
New account 2021 OP, please don't run and address the question:

Would you say the best offensive combination is scoring and passing? Like a Trae/LeBron type?

Instead of an easy to read chucker that can't pass well and only shoots like Jordan or Kawhi?

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:20 PM
New account 2021 OP, please don't run and address the question:

Would you say the best offensive combination is scoring and passing? Like a Trae/LeBron type?

Not ducking the question but if you’re asking to choose Lebron or trae I’d obviously pick Lebron. But read the thread where I specifically excluded Lebron you dope

And your comments don’t even make sense if you think trae can’t pass. Just a salty Lebron ******ger

insight
06-21-2021, 11:20 PM

Lillard is a shooting guard who is a tremedous scorer and big shot maker but he does not control the entire offense and is not
a true point guard. Do you know who called the offensive plays in game 7, it was TRAE YOUNG, Lillard DOES NOT DO THAT! Lilliard is a better shooter at this point but is passing is no where near the level of Trae Young.
Mentioning Ja Morant is pure ignorance of the game, Ja has never seen the double teams Trae Young see consistently and needs to improve his shooting. Great young player but he ain't on Trae's level yet.

Shooter
06-21-2021, 11:23 PM
Not ducking the question but if you’re asking to choose Lebron or trae I’d obviously pick Lebron. But read the thread where I specifically excluded Lebron you dope

I'm addressing the topic with respect to operating with a superior offensive skillset. A superior brand of ball.

You being a LeTrae fan surely you'd attest to that style of play; one consisting of an offensive arsenal filled to the brim with both passing and scoring abilities. As opposed to a more predictable, robotic, boring offensive attack consisting of shooting and shooting and more shooting.

You are part of the LeTrae family, no?

Gohan
06-21-2021, 11:24 PM
you know theres different types of pg's. all of them does not have to be the best passer. theres pass first,combo,shoot first, tall, short,; black, white, mixed.....lol

Ice Trae
06-21-2021, 11:25 PM
I'm addressing the topic with respect to operating with a superior offensive skillset. A superior brand of ball.

You being a LeTrae fan surely you'd attest to that style of play; one consisting of an offensive arsenal filled to the brim with both passing and scoring abilities. As opposed to a more predictable, robotic, boring offensive attack consisting of shooting and shooting and more shooting.

You are part of the LeTrae family, no?

Just answer the thread with your point guard picks. You haven’t pick any except bring up Lebron name :facepalm

Shooter
06-21-2021, 11:26 PM
Just answer the thread with your point guard picks. You haven’t pick any except bring up Lebron name :facepalm

Gotcha :pimp:

MrFonzworth
06-21-2021, 11:40 PM
OP is tranny98

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:28 AM
OP is tranny98

who the fck is that?

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:30 AM
OP is tranny98

Sad to say I think it's another 3ball alt...:(

HBK_Kliq_2
06-22-2021, 12:31 AM
None. Trae is too skilled, too good, too clutch and too smart.

Who else is going to have a 49\11 assist % and turnover % ratio? Also against two elite defensive teams.

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:32 AM
Sad to say I think it's another 3ball alt...:(

Nope just a first timer that found this dope forum.

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:33 AM
Nope just a first timer that found this NBA forum.

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9Ss6xzk/tenor.gif

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:34 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Y9Ss6xzk/tenor.gif

:lebroncry:

j3lademaster
06-22-2021, 12:38 AM
Steph curry absolutely COULD NOT take this hawks team to the conference playoffs. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if curry replaced Trae.

I know curry has statpadded on some all time great teams and won bullshit awards... but he's not any good and never has been

It's very disrespectful to act like these guys are on the same level of player. Trae is multiple tiers above curry.We’re not talking about the finals where Curry tends to choke when he isn’t frontrunning. Other than that Curry basically commands a double team at halfcourt. I’ve never seen a player command so much defensive attention and I saw part of mj’s career and all of Kobe and Lebron’s careers. Peak Shaq is the only guy I’d put up there with Steph in terms of drawing defenders to him.

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:39 AM
:lebroncry:

Busted :lol

3balt detected in 5 posts :roll::roll: Stop making new accounts fakkit

j3lademaster
06-22-2021, 12:42 AM
Just answer the thread with your point guard picks. You haven’t pick any except bring up Lebron name :facepalmI think your list looks good. I’d move Harden up to a maybe purely out of respective for his overall body of work, but other than that I think you’re spot on. I don’t know if this Hawks team even makes the postseason with Kyrie at the helm, as well as he’s played on an individual level this year.

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:45 AM
I think your list looks good. I’d move Harden up to a maybe purely out of respective for his overall body of work, but other than that I think you’re spot on. I don’t know if this Hawks team even makes the postseason with Kyrie at the helm, as well as he’s played on an individual level this year.

Of course Harden does. Are we taking this thread seriously?

Chris Paul does
James Harden does
Stephen Curry does
Ja Morant does
Damian Lillard does

Should I continue?

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:57 AM

Chris Paul does
James Harden does
Stephen Curry does
Ja Morant does
Damian Lillard does

Should I continue?

What has harden shown in the playoffs so far? What about morant? Where was Chris Paul with his stacked clippers teams? :lol

Shooter
06-22-2021, 01:01 AM
What has harden shown in the playoffs so far? What about morant? Where was Chris Paul with his stacked clippers teams? :lol

Trae Young just won a on the road game 7 shooting .217% :lol

insight
06-22-2021, 01:01 AM

Chris Paul does
James Harden does
Stephen Curry does
Ja Morant does
Damian Lillard does

Should I continue?

The Hawks had the 4th highest amount of injuries of any team in the league, NO other team with the same amount of injuries to key players made the playoffs so the answer is NONE.
None of the players you mentioned could have done what Trae Young did with this Hawks team. Low IQ post.

Shooter
06-22-2021, 01:04 AM
The Hawks had the 4th highest amount of injuries of any team in the league, NO other team with the same amount of injuries to key players made the playoffs so the answer is NONE.
None of the players you mentioned could have done what Trae Young did with this Hawks team. Low IQ post.

:roll::roll: Now I've read it all

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 01:15 AM
Trae Young just won a on the road game 7 shooting .217% :lol

Confirmed you are simple minded poster and should be ignored :cheers:

Shooter
06-22-2021, 01:16 AM
Confirmed you are simple minded poster and should be ignored :cheers:

3ball alt detected in 5 post :lol

2 ez baby boi

Time for another alt :roll:

Spurs m8
06-22-2021, 01:21 AM
Nope just a first timer that found this dope forum.

You're witnessing - first hand - how these LeBron stans wreck the forum

It's only 1 or 2 guys, with a tonne of alts.
Believe it or not, heaps of the alts are banned...they keep making new ones though.
They literally spend every waking hour on this forum, its weird.
They spend their lives repeating the same threads, gaslighting, lying and trying to manipulate everyone into thinking Bron is the goat.

Anyway...Trae is amazing and there's very few who could do what he's doing right now.

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 02:09 AM
You're witnessing - first hand - how these LeBron stans wreck the forum

It's only 1 or 2 guys, with a tonne of alts.
Believe it or not, heaps of the alts are banned...they keep making new ones though.
They literally spend every waking hour on this forum, its weird.
They spend their lives repeating the same threads, gaslighting, lying and trying to manipulate everyone into thinking Bron is the goat.

Anyway...Trae is amazing and there's very few who could do what he's doing right now.

Yeah I find these guys weird just copying and pasting the same reply in the thread. Glad I found the forum but definitely some oddballs here

Shooter
06-22-2021, 02:10 AM
Yeah I find these guys weird just copying and pasting the same reply in the thread. Glad I found the forum but definitely some oddballs here

So are you part of LeTrae family? The superior brand of ball that incorporates passing and scoring in your offensive arsenal?

iamgine
06-22-2021, 02:13 AM
Well they caught a break with Joel Embiid having meniscus tear and Ben Simmons having all time bad FT performance.

I'm rooting for Trae though. Always have a soft spot for little underdog guy.

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 02:14 AM
So are you part of LeTrae family? The superior brand of ball that incorporates passing and scoring in your offensive arsenal?
Exactly my point. Straight copy and paste weirdo stuff

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 02:15 AM
Well they caught a break with Joel Embiid having meniscus tear and Ben Simmons having all time bad FT performance.

Okay so which PGs with this roster would be able to get the hawks to conference finals

iamgine
06-22-2021, 02:26 AM
Okay so which PGs with this roster would be able to get the hawks to conference finals

Able? Plenty. Even someone like, say Kyle Lowry, might get them there 1/10 times. I don't think Trae would be much better either. If we repeat the series 10 times he might get them there like 3 times.

Spurs m8
06-22-2021, 05:17 AM
Exactly my point. Straight copy and paste weirdo stuff

:roll::applause:

tpols
06-22-2021, 07:34 AM
Many point guards could do it if Trae could make it shooting 5-23 and 6 TOVs in a game 7 and still win. Imagine if Chris Paul played and gave you 7-10 no turnovers and 22/11. Hawks would've won by 20 with all the extra successful possessions.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 09:03 AM
Many point guards could do it if Trae could make it shooting 5-23 and 6 TOVs in a game 7 and still win. Imagine if Chris Paul played and gave you 7-10 no turnovers and 22/11. Hawks would've won by 20 with all the extra successful possessions.

chris paul would find a way to lose

Wally450
06-22-2021, 09:24 AM
Probably Curry and Harden. I want to say Lillard, but I don't think so.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 09:28 AM
Probably Curry and Harden. I want to say Lillard, but I don't think so.

if lillard could take the 2019 trailblazers to the conf finals then he could take this hawks team

jayfan
06-22-2021, 09:55 AM
Kyrie has the ability to.

Jasper
06-22-2021, 10:38 AM
I laughed thru all four pages of this thread

insight
06-22-2021, 11:24 AM
Gr

How did Atlanta catch a break? Embid was able to play all series, Atlanta lost their 2nd best player Deandre Hunter for the series and Bogi got injured in the series and was a non factor. Danny Green was the only loss for Philly and we know how he struggled when he was playing. I think the Sixers had every opportunity to move forward and wet the bed, and Atlanta have
very excuse to lose but refused to quit.

insight
06-22-2021, 11:28 AM

No team is putting thier best defender on Chris Paul or running double teams at him like they do Trae Young. Even when Trae is not shooting well he is helping his teammates get open because he draws so much attention from the defense.

insight
06-22-2021, 11:37 AM
if lillard could take the 2019 trailblazers to the conf finals then he could take this hawks team

What are you talking about Portland coudn't even beat the Nuggest without Jammal Murray. Many people believed Portland had the best offseason of any team aquiring Covington and Kanter and keeping Hood and Giles but they continue to under achieve.

warriorfan
06-22-2021, 12:03 PM
What are you talking about Portland coudn't even beat the Nuggest without Jammal Murray. Many people believed Portland had the best offseason of any team aquiring Covington and Kanter and keeping Hood and Giles but they continue to under achieve.

:roll:

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:14 PM

you're taking one game and using it as an example of them getting to the conference finals

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:15 PM
you're taking one game and using it as an example of them getting to the conference finals

Hi 3ball. Stop the madness.

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:15 PM
Kyrie has the ability to.

Ability and actually being able to lead the team are 2 different things =)

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:16 PM
Hi 3ball. Stop the madness.

Your reply to my post was scary fast. You some kind of stalker?

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 12:17 PM
So far in this thread I've heard a couple of curry, harden, cp3 votes

Confirmed Trae's greatness :roll:

Gohan
06-22-2021, 12:20 PM
Ability and actually being able to lead the team are 2 different things =)

i think trae could of tooken that celtics team kyrie had to the finals

Shooter
06-22-2021, 12:33 PM
So far in this thread I've heard a couple of curry, harden, cp3 votes

Confirmed Trae's greatness :roll:

LeBron ball has served him well

But imagine if Trae couldn't pass...Yikes

iamgine
06-22-2021, 12:35 PM
How did Atlanta catch a break? Embid was able to play all series, Atlanta lost their 2nd best player Deandre Hunter for the series and Bogi got injured in the series and was a non factor. Danny Green was the only loss for Philly and we know how he struggled when he was playing. I think the Sixers had every opportunity to move forward and wet the bed, and Atlanta have
very excuse to lose but refused to quit.
I mean, obviously we can't compare Embiid having a meniscus tear to frickin Deandre Hunter lmao. Able to play don't mean anything if he's not able to play even close to his usual self.

And of course the Sixers wet the bed.

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 03:07 PM
LeBron ball has served him well

But imagine if Trae couldn't pass...Yikes

imagine if lebron was 5'5

Shooter
06-22-2021, 03:09 PM
imagine if lebron was 5'5

Imagine if MJ could shoot 3s and play defense

insight
06-22-2021, 03:39 PM
I mean, obviously we can't compare Embiid having a meniscus tear to frickin Deandre Hunter lmao. Able to play don't mean anything if he's not able to play even close to his usual self.

And of course the Sixers wet the bed.

That is his usual self, Embid always shows flashes of being the best player in the league but is consistently inconsistent. He is either physically injured or mentaly checked out or both that has been the story of his career. He plays a reckless style of basketball constantly frailing his body all over the place nobody is suprised he is dealing with some injury. I don't expect you to understand how important Deandre Hunter was to the Hawks, all I will say is he was a huge loss.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 03:46 PM
Imagine if MJ could shoot 3s and play defense

mj can't play defense? i know alot of people sized him up like grant hill but he can def play defense

btw didnt lebron learn how to shoot 3's im sure mj could learn