PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, KD didn’t prove he’s the best player

Walk on Water
06-22-2021, 02:37 PM
I’m not gonna marvel at something that isn’t there. He was not the league leading scorer, his team was not that great and even with Harden and Blake, they got beat. I don’t care that he’s tall. Ben Simmons is tall, so what? KD is a top 5 player in the league. But stop trying to create what isn’t there. KD is great just not as great as you claim. As a a warrior fan I watched him for 3 years, so I think I know about him.

pandiani17
06-22-2021, 02:53 PM
I am not a fan of KD, but I think he is the best player in the game right now. Maybe only Giannis can have a say in that conversation. However, basketball is a team game and you need much more than the best player to win the ring. By the way, I consider the Nets' seasons a massive underachievement, all those contracts to not even reach the ECF.

Shooter
06-22-2021, 02:57 PM
I am not a fan of KD, but I think he is the best player in the game right now. Maybe only Giannis can have a say in that conversation. However, basketball is a team game and you need much more than the best player to win the ring. By the way, I consider the Nets' seasons a massive underachievement, all those contracts to not even reach the ECF.

+1

Walk on Water
06-22-2021, 03:51 PM

You have a right to your opinion, but I don’t see it. I’ve watched KD for many years. I don’t have any reason to think otherwise.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 03:53 PM
You have a right to your opinion, but I don’t see it. I’ve watched KD for many years. I don’t have any reason to think otherwise.

the nba is on the weak side so he very well maybe the best player in the league behind curry

Walk on Water
06-22-2021, 03:54 PM
the nba is on the weak side so he very well maybe the best player in the league behind curry

And I’m not a fan of Giannis but he just beat KD.

Carbine
06-22-2021, 03:59 PM
He had Blake? Like that's suppose to mean something?

He had Harden? As hobbled a star player trying to play as I've seen in 20 years. He couldn't move. He was a massive negative for the Nets in this series.

Spinning a narrative like this proves you're not really interested in discussing the merrit of KD being the best player

HBK_Kliq_2
06-22-2021, 04:20 PM
He's clearly not as good as Kawhi but i think he has an argument over anybody else.

https://youtu.be/ChT3ewZXTfM

https://youtu.be/qz0AuY97Hbg

Phoenix
06-22-2021, 05:25 PM
He's clearly not as good as Kawhi but i think he has an argument over anybody else.

https://youtu.be/ChT3ewZXTfM

https://youtu.be/qz0AuY97Hbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCzEYC1Z8EM

Spurs m8
06-22-2021, 05:45 PM

:lol

Walk on Water
06-22-2021, 09:11 PM
He had Blake? Like that's suppose to mean something?

He had Harden? As hobbled a star player trying to play as I've seen in 20 years. He couldn't move. He was a massive negative for the Nets in this series.

Spinning a narrative like this proves you're not really interested in discussing the merrit of KD being the best player

So he needs 4 superstars?

SATAN
06-22-2021, 09:19 PM
Good thread, OP. So many basketball fans are victims of the moment/have short term memories. It's absolutely pathetic. KD has never led a team anywhere.

And1AllDay
06-22-2021, 09:22 PM

:oldlol::oldlol:

warriorfan
06-22-2021, 10:17 PM
Op knows.

Axe
06-22-2021, 10:24 PM
Was responsible for carrying curry to his last three finals though but do carry on mister.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Was responsible for carrying curry to his last three finals though but do carry on mister.

2019 curry wasnt carried to anything. he balled out won the last two games against houston and swept portland. then they lost klay which is why they lost in the finals

Axe
06-22-2021, 10:37 PM
2019 curry wasnt carried to anything. he balled out won the last two games against houston and swept portland. then they lost klay which is why they lost in the finals
And they barely won that one finals game he played rt.

Walk on Water
06-22-2021, 11:01 PM

Lol. KD was the one who joined after Curry beat him, but spin it how you wish.

Thenameless
06-22-2021, 11:05 PM
He's a great scorer that goes cold when it counts. So what does that give you?

Honor Boost
06-22-2021, 11:09 PM
It's hard for me to put him as the #1 guy right now but then it is also hard for me to put someone above him right now.

MadDog
06-22-2021, 11:16 PM
KD or Kawhi. Curry is up there too although those two impact both ends. Maybe not like bigmen, but effective enough. :confusedshrug:

SATAN
06-22-2021, 11:16 PM
Reminder that Durant formed a super team, tried to play hero ball and spectacularly failed by throwing up an air ball resulting in a second round exit.

And he gets called the best player in the world all of a sudden. Kevin "participation trophy" Durant. :facepalm

And1AllDay
06-22-2021, 11:18 PM
KD or Kawhi. Curry is up there too although those two impact both ends. Maybe not like bigmen, but effective enough. :confusedshrug:

big men dont impact games on defense anymore as much this isnt 90s safety cone ball :oldlol: we need skilled mobility in the modern era

didnt you see rudy gobert get a train run on his azz? :oldlol:

Axe
06-22-2021, 11:29 PM
Lol. KD was the one who joined after Curry beat him, but spin it how you wish.
Would the warriors make their last three finals without him? Eh maybe but it's unlikely they'd go 2/2 in the last two they've won them.

Walk on Water
06-23-2021, 12:08 AM
Would the warriors make their last three finals without him? Eh maybe but it's unlikely they'd go 2/2 in the last two they've won them.

They made 2 finals without him. Would he win without them?

kawhileonard2
06-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Can't lose a series with HCA and be the best player that year unless all the other challengers do as well such as was in 2004 with KG, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe all lost with HCA.

Shooter
06-05-2022, 08:48 PM
big men dont impact games on defense anymore as much this isnt 90s safety cone ball :oldlol: we need skilled mobility in the modern era

didnt you see rudy gobert get a train run on his azz? :oldlol:

Damn. Miss and1 he used to slay these bois. Cold blooded killer

Kawhi Not?
06-05-2022, 09:17 PM
Just wait until Kawhi comes back. He will take back what’s his

Cali Syndicate
06-06-2022, 01:01 AM
Durant led Brooklyn as only team to get swept in 2022 playoffs.

John8204
06-06-2022, 04:43 AM
On paper he's the best player in the world...but that's on paper. The reality is he couldn't win on a stacked team and jumped to a championship one. Then instead of chasing dynasty numbers he tried to build a super team in the easier conference and failed. Mentally and physically he's shown that he's not an all-timer...he's missed 3 full seasons(256 games) in his career. While he's a hall of famer and going to enter the 30K club he's going to finish his career in the 25-30 range and in a generation he'll likely fall 35-40.

Hoopexpert
06-06-2022, 05:19 AM
The achillies injury slowed him down just enough for him not to be the best anymore.

Clearly he can't lead a team to win a series.

kawhileonard2
06-07-2022, 12:36 AM
The achillies injury slowed him down just enough for him not to be the best anymore.

Clearly he can't lead a team to win a series.

Imagine Warriors vs Nets in the finals?