PDA

View Full Version : The younger generation thinks KD is the best scorer

StrongLurk
06-22-2021, 07:29 PM
Pretty much everyone I talk to or see on social media thinks KD is the best scorer of all time. Occasionally some people mention Kobe...but I rarely ever see anyone mention Michael Jordan. This is pretty crazy since MJ is without a doubt the best basketball scorer of all time. KD is up there clearly, but come on.

Just goes to show that the NBA's fanbase trends toward younger generations, which breeds a lot of recency bias and ignorance for basketball history since fans 18 and under mostly don't know what happened in the NBA before they started watching. Guess everyone on this board (especially the stans) is going to have to accept that any of the players they care about will EVENTUALLY be of little important to future fans. They will legit not give a **** about Lebron, KD, Curry, etc. They will be claiming someone who is probably under five years old now is the GOAT or best scorer of all time.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Pretty much everyone I talk to or see on social media thinks KD is the best scorer of all time. Occasionally some people mention Kobe...but I rarely ever see anyone mention Michael Jordan. This is pretty crazy since MJ is without a doubt the best basketball scorer of all time. KD is up there clearly, but come on.

Just goes to show that the NBA's fanbase trends toward younger generations, which breeds a lot of recency bias and ignorance for basketball history since fans 18 and under mostly don't know what happened in the NBA before they started watching. Guess everyone on this board (especially the stans) is going to have to accept that any of the players they care about will EVENTUALLY be of little important to future fans. They will legit not give a **** about Lebron, KD, Curry, etc. They will be claiming someone who is probably under five years old now is the GOAT or best scorer of all time.
you can't be the best scorer of all time when you only make shots because the person defending you is atleast 3" inches shorter than you everytime. he's great but he's not a better scorer than kobe or jordan

Smoke117
06-22-2021, 07:33 PM
you can't be the best scorer of all time when you only make shots because the person defending you is atleast 3" inches shorter than you everytime. he's great but he's not a better scorer than kobe or jordan

KD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iverson.

Gohan
06-22-2021, 07:40 PM
KD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iverson.

the consensus(me, because i am every man and women it's all in me)says iverson.. you keep on listening to mr. smith and his hot takes though

Ice Trae
06-22-2021, 07:42 PM
not too long ago the debate was between Carmelo or KD

Gohan
06-22-2021, 07:50 PM
not too long ago the debate was between Carmelo or KD

carmelo was never the best scorer he always had the best scoring arsenal though. he could score on you any way you wanted

HBK_Kliq_2
06-22-2021, 08:04 PM
Sitting on 1 single finals win without the warriors and you're 33 years old. Bum.

StrongLurk
06-23-2021, 10:50 PM
Steve Kerr just said KD is more gifted then MJ...see what I mean? Peak MJ was just too long ago and people don't care about him that much anymore.

It's all Lebron/KD with a little Kobe sprinkled in....but in 20 years no new NBA fans will care about them either.

Axe
06-23-2021, 10:51 PM
Maybe because kd is not a ballhog?

90sgoat
06-23-2021, 10:52 PM
Dirk was a better scorer than Durant.

There's not a shot that Durant does better than Dirk statistically.

jlip
06-23-2021, 10:52 PM
Depends on how you define "best".

And1AllDay
06-23-2021, 10:54 PM
Steve Kerr just said KD is more gifted then MJ...see what I mean? Peak MJ was just too long ago and people don't care about him that much anymore.

It's all Lebron/KD with a little Kobe sprinkled in....but in 20 years no new NBA fans will care about them either.

he was a strong dunker

cant shoot for shit

but a strong dunker

Spurs m8
06-23-2021, 10:55 PM
Put KD in the bin....its Ice Traes league now

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2021, 10:58 PM
Put KD in the bin....its Ice Traes league now
You thought his name was Trey like 2 weeks ago :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-23-2021, 11:01 PM

:yaohappy:

Yall petty as f*ck

And1AllDay
06-23-2021, 11:02 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/HkTLqXGL/kg_clownin.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/HkTLqXGL/kg_clownin.gif

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2021, 11:03 PM
:milton

Spurs m8
06-23-2021, 11:03 PM

Eh, brain freeze....

Carbine
06-23-2021, 11:05 PM

If you don't think people care about MJ anymore you don't have a grasp on reality.

StrongLurk
06-23-2021, 11:14 PM
If you don't think people care about MJ anymore you don't have a grasp on reality.

NBA fans under 20 definitely don't care about MJ.

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 12:27 AM

I mean...they don't have a grasp on reality though.

These guys spend every day of their lives starting new threads about the same topic...and then talk to themselves with their alts.

They are literally mentally ill

SATAN
06-24-2021, 12:51 AM

I dunno...People seemed pretty hyped about The Last Dance. Many modern basketball fans just seem to have short attention spans and love to hype up whoever for whatever reason. Like ESPN etc gives some of these fools instructions on who to cheer for and argue about at any given moment. The all time lists rarely change though.

It's kinda sad tbh.

Mr.GOAT2408
06-24-2021, 02:13 AM
It's all generational, you see this with music all the time as well

KD up there for sure but in my own lifetime I'd rank Jordan and Kobe above him as scorers, younger generation don't know better

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 02:18 AM
All I know is that KD is far superior to Jordan.

/thread

DABIGSALSISHA
06-24-2021, 03:43 AM

Who cares about what the younger generation thinks... They are a bunch of idiots anyways, dreamers that compare an era they know very little about or barely watched and still, they trash talk what they don't know and come with bizarre assumptions of things. Usually Jealously on not believing in uncle John or Daddy's stories? They compare bloated statistics of today to a DIFFERENT ERA PLAYED MORE THAN 30 years ago and come up with results that make no sense at all. The rules were different, etc.. They try to make an statement on something that is not one by any means.
What do they know? Comparing different eras and players like that is a MOR stupidity that I have to read everyday in this forum.

Michael Jordan scored all those points mostly 2s in that era. Free Throws were earned not given like today. IT DOESN'T MATTER who his competition was because they were ALL NBA players that trained/practiced liked him in THAT ERA, so it was the best available back then.
Time Travelling is not available to make any of these dummy comparison dreams possible, maybe it will be one day.

What it is important to talk about in my opinion is the DOMINATION that a certain player had in the era he played at. That is what separates them.
This is why Jordan is the best for me, by far. Lebron and Durant had NOT ENOUGH domination over their ERA to be considered up there with M.J. if you wanna compare them. The scoring is also under a different set of rules so it means nothing imo.
One went to the finals and lost most of the times, is a horrible free throw shooter, stopped playing defense 7 years ago, no clutch gene and needed to travel more than a veteran pilot ever did to start winning some titles. "Won" Bronze in the olympics. Never 3peated.
The other is a fragile thin skin man, a baby from mama durant, injured most of the time, only won 2 fabricated championships, some call him a snake.

The notion that their competition today is much harder than what Jordan had is a lie because they can only play in the same era as their age and moment allows them to do.
Competition is part of the game, but Domination over competition is what separates the greats so the comparisons can be somehow valid.
Jordan built his EMPIRE of records and titles in THAT ERA and the book has been closed for a while now.

All the statistics of today mean NOTHING when compared to 20-30 years ago, nothing.

Number of Championships and domination per amount of total years the player played in the league, that's it, for me.

Marchesk
06-24-2021, 03:48 AM
I've had a younger generation fan outside the online trolling tell me that Jordan would be average today because he couldn't shoot like players now. Dude was of course a Lebron fan. Kobe fans would never say something like that.

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 03:49 AM
Who cares about what the younger generation thinks... They are a bunch of idiots anyways, dreamers that compare an era they know very little about or barely watched and still, they trash talk what they don't know and come with bizarre assumptions of things. Usually Jealously on not believing in uncle John or Daddy's stories? They compare bloated statistics of today to a DIFFERENT ERA PLAYED MORE THAN 30 years ago and come up with results that make no sense at all. The rules were different, etc.. They try to make an statement on something that is not one by any means.
What do they know? Comparing different eras and players like that is a MOR stupidity that I have to read everyday in this forum.

Michael Jordan scored all those points mostly 2s in that era. Free Throws were earned not given like today. IT DOESN'T MATTER who his competition was because they were ALL NBA players that trained/practiced liked him in THAT ERA, so it was the best available back then.
Time Travelling is not available to make any of these dummy comparison dreams possible, maybe it will be one day.

What it is important to talk about in my opinion is the DOMINATION that a certain player had in the era he played at. That is what separates them.
This is why Jordan is the best for me, by far. Lebron and Durant had NOT ENOUGH domination over their ERA to be considered up there with M.J. if you wanna compare them. The scoring is also under a different set of rules so it means nothing imo.
One went to the finals and lost most of the times, is a horrible free throw shooter, stopped playing defense 7 years ago, no clutch gene and needed to travel more than a veteran pilot ever did to start winning some titles. "Won" Bronze in the olympics. Never 3peated.
The other is a fragile thin skin man, a baby from mama durant, injured most of the time, only won 2 fabricated championships, some call him a snake.

The notion that their competition today is much harder than what Jordan had is a lie because they can only play in the same era as their age and moment allows them to do.
Competition is part of the game, but Domination over competition is what separates the greats so the comparisons can be somehow valid.
Jordan built his EMPIRE of records and titles in THAT ERA and the book has been closed for a while now.

All the statistics of today mean NOTHING when compared to 20-30 years ago, nothing.

Number of Championships and domination per amount of total years the player played in the league, that's it, for me.

Nothing else to say...this nails it.

The big salish...insidehoops MVP

Someone who just gets it...the wisdom that comes with age...and also growing up in a society that wasn't as stupid as today's.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 03:50 AM
I've had a younger generation fan outside the online trolling tell me that Jordan would be average today because he couldn't shoot like players now. Dude was of course a Lebron fan. Kobe fans would never say something like that.

Kobe fans are even dumber than Lebron fans. You’ve only been around since 2013 so didn’t see those maniacs in their prime.

Marchesk
06-24-2021, 03:53 AM
Kobe fans are even dumber than Lebron fans. You’ve only been around since 2013 so didn’t see those maniacs in their prime.

Wasn't that peak ISH trolling era?

DABIGSALSISHA
06-24-2021, 03:55 AM
I mean...they don't have a grasp on reality though.

These guys spend every day of their lives starting new threads about the same topic...and then talk to themselves with their alts.

They are literally mentally ill

They think they are beating up on guys that played over 20-30 years ago. It's laughable all the time, here.

Lebron's IDOL is MICHAEL JORDAN, still they hate on the idol of their own idol. LMAO

MadDog
06-24-2021, 03:56 AM

LeBron fans are the dumbest fans in sports. Bar none. When it pertains to NBA history, they're also the least educated.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 04:04 AM
Wasn't that peak ISH trolling era?

Peak trolling was later, but I’m talking about Kobe stans in particular. They were far worse in 2010, 11.

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 04:05 AM
LeBron fans are the dumbest fans in sports. Bar none. When it pertains to NBA history, they're also the least educated.

On top of this, Lakers fans are dumb as fvck too.

So when the 2 merged....it really created a low iq black hole

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 04:06 AM

Real laker fans aren’t that bad. Board doesn’t have any anymore, though.

MadDog
06-24-2021, 04:11 AM

Real laker fans aren’t that bad. Board doesn’t have any anymore, though.

Yeah legit Laker fans can hold down a basketball convo. Think you're confusing "Laker fans" with Kobe and LeBron stans. These types aren't really fans of the game though. That isn't possible when you worship another player.

HylianNightmare
06-24-2021, 04:57 AM
Crazy the past gets left in the past. Go yell at clouds more old man