PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 mins of Suns-Clippers G2 tooks 38 minutes to complete

hold this L
06-23-2021, 01:10 AM
Who wants to watch this product? :no:

Mulder
06-23-2021, 01:17 AM
atrocious!!!

HBK_Kliq_2
06-23-2021, 01:17 AM
Yeah that was an embarrassment from the refs, not real bball. i actually feel proud that kawhi sat out that game.

Taurus
06-23-2021, 01:19 AM
All time bad ref performance, free timeouts galore

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2021, 01:20 AM
The end of basketball games have always been brutal, but now reviewing every play it's unbearable. Basketball's the only sport where the end of the game has a drastically different pace than the rest of the game, and I'm not sure if there's anything the league can do about it

Spurs m8
06-23-2021, 01:54 AM
Yeah that was an embarrassment from the refs, not real bball. i actually feel proud that kawhi sat out that game.

You are mentally ill lmao

bullettooth
06-23-2021, 01:58 AM
The end of basketball games have always been brutal, but now reviewing every play it's unbearable. Basketball's the only sport where the end of the game has a drastically different pace than the rest of the game, and I'm not sure if there's anything the league can do about it

I'm surprised fans tolerate this shit.

DABIGSALSISHA
06-23-2021, 02:05 AM
who wants to watch this product? :no:

god dammmmmn

Naero
06-23-2021, 02:11 AM
It really is tiresome, but what's the solution?

If the officials skimp on those reviews, they'll get even more backlash if they fail to overturn a potentially game-changing miscall in the final minutes. It's just by far the most difficult mainstream sport to officiate, and these late-game reviews are so far the happiest medium the league has found between minimizing referee errors and pausing the game incessantly.

The real problem is not the review system itself but the referees' overlong deliberations. They need to either train them to review these in a more timely fashion or impose a time limit on them where the initial call stands if they can't find conclusive footage to overturn it during the grace period. Often enough, they don't end up reversing the on-the-floor rulings anyway. It's not a silver-bullet solution, but it'd make a world of difference for games like tonight.

This game was also unique in that they had many 50-50 calls in those last-two minutes and that the officiating crew was far from first-rate. Most games won't get this overextended, especially after they scrutinize tonight's mismanagement.

It'll always bog down the game to an extent, but rarely as much as it did tonight.

hold this L
06-23-2021, 03:18 AM
The last 9.2 seconds took 21 minutes according to reddit.

wagexslave
06-23-2021, 03:50 AM
They really let the Clippers exploit them without penalty and get the longest timeout of all time without even calling a timeout(or having one left to use to begin with). Imagine if a team kept purposely making illegal substitutions for 10 minutes straight while they sit there and draw up plays and shit... embarrassing. In a game that was already a sham because of bad reffing, especially late in the 4th.

The way the refs tried so hard to hand the game to the Clippers tonight was blatant and these refs should be investigated heavily. Are we really going to sit here and act like refs haven't been exposed as crooked before? Did everyone forget about Tim Donaghy and everything he exposed to the public after he abused his powers for YEARS to make a profit gambling? Yet the league brushed that situation under the rug and people complain about how bad the reffing is all the time and the league ignores it as always, never doing anything about it. Some people are even so damn brainwashed that if you question the legitimacy of reffing in today's league, people will talk shit to you like "lol excuses, cry more". Like did people really forget that refs have been proven to be corrupt before? That there''s a lot of legitimate reasons to question the integrity of the refs? And why would anyone defend bad reffing anyways... it's whack when it happens to all of our teams. Nobody wants to see that shit.

Do refs ever get deeply investigated at all? Does the league really just 100% trust them? I swear, some of the worst refs are ones who have been around for years too. Imagine being bad at a job, and still not getting fired for years. In a "professional" sport that people bet on because it's supposed to be fair and officiated with integrity. Yet the league still gives the refs the longest leash in the world and protects them a ridiculous amount considering they're not the ones who are supposed to be part of the sport. They give them so much literally GAME DECIDING power, and we're not allowed to question them.

Why are refs allowed make blatant one-sided bad calls all game long screwing over a team/player and not get fired or get penalties of their own for getting calls wrong? Oh, and god forbid the players have a natural human reaction and get pissed off say a few cuss words at the ref... Technical foul, ejections, fines. I hate that part of the league. It's like salt in the wound. Getting screwed over even more for not acting like emotionless robots when they just got screwed over. I hate that part of the game so much. Why are the refs feelings even important enough to effect the score/lineup of a game at all? Shit's dumb. Players should be allowed to cuss out refs as long as they don't make any physical threats. They can fine them for it if they want, but it should never result in FTs affecting the score or ejections....

iamgine
06-23-2021, 04:13 AM
I like the replays. Just need to do them faster.

Pipes2.0
06-23-2021, 04:45 AM
They really let the Clippers exploit them without penalty and get the longest timeout of all time without even calling a timeout(or having one left to use to begin with). Imagine if a team kept purposely making illegal substitutions for 10 minutes straight while they sit there and draw up plays and shit... embarrassing. In a game that was already a sham because of bad reffing, especially late in the 4th.

The way the refs tried so hard to hand the game to the Clippers tonight was blatant and these refs should be investigated heavily. Are we really going to sit here and act like refs haven't been exposed as crooked before? Did everyone forget about Tim Donaghy and everything he exposed to the public after he abused his powers for YEARS to make a profit gambling? Yet the league brushed that situation under the rug and people complain about how bad the reffing is all the time and the league ignores it as always, never doing anything about it. Some people are even so damn brainwashed that if you question the legitimacy of reffing in today's league, people will talk shit to you like "lol excuses, cry more". Like did people really forget that refs have been proven to be corrupt before? That there''s a lot of legitimate reasons to question the integrity of the refs? And why would anyone defend bad reffing anyways... it's whack when it happens to all of our teams. Nobody wants to see that shit.

Do refs ever get deeply investigated at all? Does the league really just 100% trust them? I swear, some of the worst refs are ones who have been around for years too. Imagine being bad at a job, and still not getting fired for years. In a "professional" sport that people bet on because it's supposed to be fair and officiated with integrity. Yet the league still gives the refs the longest leash in the world and protects them a ridiculous amount considering they're not the ones who are supposed to be part of the sport. They give them so much literally GAME DECIDING power, and we're not allowed to question them.

Why are refs allowed make blatant one-sided bad calls all game long screwing over a team/player and not get fired or get penalties of their own for getting calls wrong? Oh, and god forbid the players have a natural human reaction and get pissed off say a few cuss words at the ref... Technical foul, ejections, fines. I hate that part of the league. It's like salt in the wound. Getting screwed over even more for not acting like emotionless robots when they just got screwed over. I hate that part of the game so much. Why are the refs feelings even important enough to effect the score/lineup of a game at all? Shit's dumb. Players should be allowed to cuss out refs as long as they don't make any physical threats. They can fine them for it if they want, but it should never result in FTs affecting the score or ejections....

I agree with everything you said.
And until now I still can't get over that 2018 Game 1 NBA Finals.

Spurs m8
06-23-2021, 05:08 AM
I agree with everything you said.
And until now I still can't get over that 2018 Game 1 NBA Finals.

Me neither...no FG in OT, which set up the series sweep.

Kblaze8855
06-23-2021, 09:35 AM
Some people are even so damn brainwashed that if you question the legitimacy of reffing in today's league, people will talk shit to you like "lol excuses, cry more".

And the reason is simple. Fans are biased morons who boo every single call against their team. Fans and players are the worst people to listen to on a refs performance in a game involving their team. There are players who thought all 1200 career fouls were bullshit. All the rigs are apparently to bring about an outcome the person talking doesn’t want. It’s never “They did their best but the refs helped us defeat them”. At best you get 20 years later half admissions something was questionable but generally at the time?

Always earn your wins and the other side cheated. Reason enough to ignore fans opinion on officials for the most part.

StrongLurk
06-23-2021, 09:35 AM
Insane and ridiculous.

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 09:45 AM
Too much review, and still got bad calls

imdaman99
06-23-2021, 09:51 AM
Yep. It was hard to watch but because every outcome was important, I lived with it. I wanted to watch another show after the game and was hoping for it to be over since I have no dog in the fight. It was still a crazy game and hella entertaining when guys were on the court.... but it was too late to watch any of my shows :lol yeah yeah I know, get over it :oldlol:

I didn't even care much for that out of bounds on Booker that Bev knocked out. Yes it went out on Booker if you freeze every frame and go at 1/16th of a second. But people knock the ball out like that all the time and it's assumed the defensive player made a great play to kill the play and force them to start over, rarely ever OH IT WENT OFF THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER'S FINGERTIPS AT THE LAST SECOND, TURNOVER!!!

8Ball
06-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Blame Ty lue.

He tried to cheat with the rotations.

coin24
06-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Surely they can review it faster..
Especially that last joke of the .7

Hopefully they suns blow them out in game 3, the refs and league can get fkd for that blatant rig job attempt... luckily micro p is pathetic :lol

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 10:09 AM
Surely they can review it faster..
Especially that last joke of the .7

Hopefully they suns blow them out in game 3, the refs and league can get fkd for that blatant rig job attempt... luckily micro p is pathetic :lol

Micro P was Justice P. He wouldnt let the refs rig the game.

Gohan
06-23-2021, 10:35 AM
Micro P was Justice P. He wouldnt let the refs rig the game.

as doctor p said" **** the commissioner. JUSTICE P is a hero

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 10:46 AM
as doctor p said" **** the commissioner. JUSTICE P is a hero

Great quote from the doc :cheers:

getting_old
06-23-2021, 12:35 PM
have PVR'd every sports event for over 20 years now, fast forward to the start of real play and cut out all the crap

takes about 70 minutes to watch all the useful stuff in an NHL/MLB/NFL/NBA game, and allows me to see 3 games in the time a real time is on the air

last nights' last 2 minutes took 4 minutes to watch with the garbage cut out and my own replays of the live action