PDA

View Full Version : Mike D'Antoni the next Portland Trailblazers Head Coach

rawimpact
06-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Per WOJ's Twitter

Sources: Brooklyn Nets assistant Mike D’Antoni will get a second interview for the Portland job this week. Spurs assistant Becky Hammon met Monday for her second and Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups will also meet again with the Blazers this week.

Poor Melo...

I don't understand how this guy gets so many chances...

IMO Portland needs a defensive coach. They're loaded with offensive talent...

They gotta avoid this if they ever want to make it to the finals

highwhey
06-23-2021, 01:59 PM
i feel bad for Dame.

MadDog
06-23-2021, 02:02 PM
Don't know how he keeps landing jobs. Really good offensive coach, but piss poor defensively. Can't lead a locker room either.

jayfan
06-23-2021, 02:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see hit. Portland can't be that dumb.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-23-2021, 03:10 PM
That's a great hire for Portland if true. They are never going to play defense anyway with guys like Lillard\CJ as their stars, might as well max out their offense.

dreamshake
06-23-2021, 04:00 PM
To this day I still believe D’Antoni was the reason Kobe had his career cut short. Dude doesn’t care about the longevity of his players. Playing them insane minutes every game.

FultzNationRISE
06-23-2021, 04:06 PM
To this day I still believe D’Antoni was the reason Kobe had his career cut short. Dude doesn’t care about the longevity of his players. Playing them insane minutes every game.

Nash played for him a lot longer than Kobe did, why wasnt his career cut short?

dreamshake
06-23-2021, 04:11 PM
Nash played for him a lot longer than Kobe did, why wasnt his career cut short?

Nash broke his leg the moment he left the Suns for the Lakers. All that mileage from his DAntoni days probably were the major reason for that. Nash was drafted the same year as Kobe and his career basically ended that season.

LAL
06-23-2021, 04:15 PM

Kobe wasn't his type of player, he was more into his own system and types like Nash & Lin. Kobe litterally gave his all that season, playing like Magic, MJ or guarding young fast pg's (because 40 year old nash he wanted and Darius Morris were giving up record breaking numbers) whatever the team needed and dude was talking on open court about how it wasn' easy to coach someone like that blabla. His real issues were Dwight & Pau not fitting in his system, getting swept by record margin after Kobe brought them there.

DoctorP
06-23-2021, 04:22 PM
F yeah. Genius coach.

Stacked roster

Gohan
06-23-2021, 04:23 PM
lillard prob gonna get mvp next year

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 04:30 PM
This is going to boost lillard's numbers but does not make them competitive to win it next year. Up to Lillard what he wants to do next.

Axe
06-23-2021, 07:50 PM
Kobe wasn't his type of player, he was more into his own system and types like Nash & Lin. Kobe litterally gave his all that season, playing like Magic, MJ or guarding young fast pg's (because 40 year old nash he wanted and Darius Morris were giving up record breaking numbers) whatever the team needed and dude was talking on open court about how it wasn' easy to coach someone like that blabla. His real issues were Dwight & Pau not fitting in his system, getting swept by record margin after Kobe brought them there.
He was more selfish too apparently.

bison
06-23-2021, 09:31 PM
Franchises only hire D'Antoni to boost players market value, not to win chips. Poor Dame.

Smoke117
06-23-2021, 09:35 PM
His old ass just needs to retire from coaching and do commentary.

LukeWalton
06-23-2021, 09:55 PM
awesome

Play half the defense
Double the offense