PDA

View Full Version : 00-01 Allen Iverson vs 20-21 Trae Young

iamgine
06-23-2021, 10:55 PM
Do you guys feel Trae is just a better Allen Iverson?

Coincidentally, Iverson also played the Bucks in the 00-01 conference finals.

8Ball
06-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Iverson would do well in this era.

Trae Young has better court vision for passing.

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 11:08 PM
Different games. AI is incredible in creating his shots and shakibg off defenders. Trae’s overall game is just amazing.

Gohan
06-23-2021, 11:12 PM
iverson would of had 60 the way bucks played defense on trae with lopez. iverson is a way better player believe me. put him in this era and he is averaging james harden type of numbers

RRR3
06-23-2021, 11:22 PM
Trae is much better. Clonkerson was carried by DPOY Mutombo.

Gohan
06-23-2021, 11:32 PM
Trae is much better. Clonkerson was carried by DPOY Mutombo.

you prob never even watched the games, i could understand if you said theo ratliff but mutumbo made that team worse. box score watchin hoe

MrFonzworth
06-23-2021, 11:34 PM
Existence is pain.

Yikes still trolling fatass?

ShawkFactory
06-23-2021, 11:35 PM
you prob never even watched the games, i could understand if you said theo ratliff but mutumbo made that team worse. box score watchin hoe

The 2001 Sixers were filled with great defenders. Or gamers. Snow and Mckie and them.

insight
06-23-2021, 11:37 PM
iverson would of had 60 the way bucks played defense on trae with lopez. iverson is a way better player believe me. put him in this era and he is averaging james harden type of numbers

Nah, love Iverson but HE IS NOT a way better player than Trae Young. Trae's court vision and passing is next level, he controls the entire offense. Iverson was a tremedous scorer, compeitor and defender but Trae's passing ability sets him apart.

theman93
06-23-2021, 11:37 PM
Iverson.

insight
06-23-2021, 11:40 PM

You do realize Eric Snow played point guard, Iverson played shooting guard, Iverson was not asked to run the entire team like Trae Young.

Gohan
06-23-2021, 11:40 PM
The 2001 Sixers were filled with great defenders. Or gamers. Snow and Mckie and them.

they were all injured bout time the finals started though. that team was banged all up

Smoke117
06-23-2021, 11:46 PM
Trae Young is much better, but that's not really saying a whole lot. That's like asking whose better between Durant and Derrick Mckey.

Gohan
06-23-2021, 11:51 PM
Trae Young is much better, but that's not really saying a whole lot. That's like asking whose better between Durant and Derrick Mckey.

iverson>chris FALL

ME>YOU

ShawkFactory
06-23-2021, 11:52 PM
they were all injured bout time the finals started though. that team was banged all up

Maybe so. But the entire personality of the team was as though they were in a dogfight.

Larry Brown doesn't get talked about as much as he should have.

The 2004 Pistons are legit the least talented NBA championship team that exists probably. Maybe there's someone who won a weird title in the 70s or something.

Smoke117
06-23-2021, 11:58 PM
iverson>chris FALL

ME>YOU

And I'm sure you really believe that. You also believe Iverson is top 10 all time...so, yeah.

Smoke117
06-23-2021, 11:59 PM
Maybe so. But the entire personality of the team was as though they were in a dogfight.

Larry Brown doesn't get talked about as much as he should have.

The 2004 Pistons are legit the least talented NBA championship team that exists probably. Maybe there's someone who won a weird title in the 70s or something.

The Sixers shouldn't even have been in the finals. Everyone who was watching then and saw the bucks sixers series knows how badly the bucks were screwed. Either way, Iverson didn't get them to the finals. He averaged 30.5ppg on 31fga vs the bucks. Sixers defense and Devin Stern got them to the finals.

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 12:09 AM
The Sixers shouldn't even have been in the finals. Everyone who was watching then and saw the bucks sixers series knows how badly the bucks were screwed. Either way, Iverson didn't get them to the finals. He averaged 30.5ppg on 31fga vs the bucks. Sixers defense and Devin Stern got them to the finals.

Who cares. Either team would have been slaughtered

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 12:12 AM
Who cares. Either team would have been slaughtered

The point is Iverson was massively overrated. And nah, the bucks owned the Lakers in the RS. Sugar Ray would have spearheaded an upset my man. Devin was afraid of his golden goose losing so screwed the bucks to get the popular Iverson in the finals for a beat down.

tpols
06-24-2021, 12:15 AM
AI had to work with 4 other teammates who could barely shoot a 3. The spacing difference is just incomprehensible. I'm no huge fan of Iverson but with 3-4 spread long range spacing, he'd be a terror to stop in those lanes. He was far more athletic than Trae.

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 12:15 AM
The point is Iverson was massively overrated. And nah, the bucks owned the Lakers in the RS. Sugar Ray would have spearheaded an upset my man. Devin was afraid of his golden goose losing so screwed the bucks to get the popular Iverson in the finals for a beat down.

You think because the Bucks played well against the Laker in the RS that means something? Damn dude...

Are we Sure Kobe and Shaq played all of those games??

For reference...the Knicks went 3-0 against the Hawks in this regular season.

RRR3
06-24-2021, 12:21 AM
And I'm sure you really believe that. You also believe Iverson is top 10 all time...so, yeah.
:roll:

Iverson isn’t even top 40.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 12:22 AM
You think because the Bucks played well against the Laker in the RS that means something? Damn dude...

Are we Sure Kobe and Shaq played all of those games??

For reference...the Knicks went 3-0 against the Hawks in this regular season.

I'm mostly just saying shit. This is after all ish. I'm only serious 10% of time as 90% of the discussions on this board are trash nonsense. It's impossible to post with any seriousness the majority of the time

And no, I wouldn't have bet on the bucks to win. They would have been more competitive, though. Watching kobe and Ray go at it would have been fun too. Ray was a stud in that playoff run.

Gohan
06-24-2021, 12:23 AM
I'm mostly just saying shit. This is after all ish. I'm only serious 10% of time as 90% of the discussions on this board are trash nonsense. It's impossible to post with any seriousness the majority of the time

And no, I wouldn't have bet on the bucks to win. They would have been more competitive, though. Watching kobe and Ray go at it would have been fun too. Ray was a stud in that playoff run.

ray would of gotten locked up by kobe

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 12:24 AM

I would say he isn't top 50, period.

Gohan
06-24-2021, 12:24 AM

existence is pain

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 12:29 AM

Lol right. Ray shit on kobe plenty of times in the matchups they had through their careers. He was not lockkng up anything. Are you even old enough to have watched 2000s basketball or are you just some late Iverson nut hugger? If you did watch basketball then you wouldn't be going on about kobe locking up ray because that wasn't the case in their match ups.

Gohan
06-24-2021, 12:33 AM
lol right. Ray shit on kobe plenty of times in the matchups they had through their careers. He was not lockkng up anything. Are you even old enough to have watched 2000s basketball or are you just some late iverson nut hugger? If you did watch basketball then you wouldn't be going on about kobe locking up ray because that wasn't the case in their match ups.

i was old enough to remember kobe shitting on ray when ray was talking all that shit about kobe without shaq. Kobe was like "look at him as a player compared to me" the ultimate insult ray is not on his level.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 12:46 AM
Also Gohan, Iverson is now a drug addled, broke, degenerate dead beat father and all around piece of subhuman filth scumbag.

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 12:49 AM
Do you guys feel Trae is just a better Allen Iverson?

Coincidentally, Iverson also played the Bucks in the 00-01 conference finals.

100% better because his playmaking ability. Yeah its awesome he can hit some crazy shots but his best attribute is his playmaking ability

Gohan
06-24-2021, 12:52 AM
also gohan, iverson is now a drug addled, broke, degenerate dead beat father and all around piece of subhuman filth scumbag.

dat reebok check coming in sooon though

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 01:00 AM
Lol Trae is making headlines so up pops a June 2021 Trae stan account. Like clockwork. :oldlol:

Next year Ja Morant will get to the finals and some new 'Hail Ja' account will pop up proclaiming him the greatest sentient being to have ever existed.

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 01:10 AM
Lol Trae is making headlines so up pops a June 2021 Trae stan account. Like clockwork. :oldlol:

Next year Ja Morant will get to the finals and some new 'Hail Ja' account will pop up proclaiming him the greatest sentient being to have ever existed.

First time finding this forum was June so we all gotta start somewhere . Wasn’t as cool as you finding this in 2018 :cheers:

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 01:13 AM
First time finding this forum was June so we all gotta start somewhere . Wasn’t as cool as you finding this in 2018 :cheers:

I've been here since 2010. This is my 2nd account. Anyways I don't really care, I just think it's funny how one playoff run and we now got Trae stans coming out of the woodworks. Anyways, do you. :cheers: It is cool that we have some new names ( in the playoffs) making headlines.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 01:32 AM
Trae young is in a class of his own. Iverson is like 3 or 4 tiers below trae young hahahaha goat level volume scoring and play making and crossovers, good free throw shooter and midrange/3 point shooter as well

1st tier: Trae Young

2nd tier: magic, Chris paul, curry

3rd tier: Kidd, Oscar, West

4th tier: john Stockton, Isiah Thomas, Walt frazier

5th tier: billups, Iverson, rondo

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Trae young is in a class of his own. Iverson is like 3 or 4 tiers below trae young hahahaha goat level volume scoring and play making and crossovers, good free throw shooter and midrange/3 point shooter as well

1st tier: Trae Young

2nd tier: magic, Chris paul, curry

3rd tier: Kidd, Oscar, West

4th tier: john Stockton, Isiah Thomas, Walt frazier

5th tier: billups, Iverson, rondo

So I guess Trae is your new Kawhit, huh. The Point guard version anyway.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 01:56 AM

https://youtu.be/j1ZithOwjKg

So much for getting locked up. Ray dropped 35 on bitch ass kobe in this game from the 2001 season. Take this L.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 02:11 AM
So I guess Trae is your new Kawhit, huh. The Point guard version anyway.

Yeah pretty much. Oh and I forgot, Steve nash is in that 1st tier.

Trae young = Steve nash passing but with jordan crossovers and scoring

I would still take kawhi over trae for defense but my top two are for sure 1) kawhi and 2) trae

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 02:16 AM
Yeah pretty much. Oh and I forgot, Steve nash is in that 1st tier.

Trae young = Steve nash passing but with jordan crossovers and scoring

I would still take kawhi over trae for defense but my top two are for sure 1) kawhi and 2) trae

Steve Nash over Magic, Paul, Curry? ( and others, but these 3 is rolling on the floor laughing) Your inane stupidity grows by each subsequent post. Also, Iverson was a sg not a pg.

Mr.GOAT2408
06-24-2021, 02:22 AM
AI but Trae having a great run, I just think the way teams defended back then vs now makes a huge difference for guards/wings especially small ones. Larry Brown was too stubborn of a coach to let Trae jack up as many deep 3s as he does on top of 3s being harder to get off back then, conversely AI was definitely not the shooter but his 1st step was better and he might have been close to unguardable in today's NBA