PDA

View Full Version : why didn't 32yo Stephen Curry ever develop killer instinct like rookie Trae Young

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2021, 11:28 PM
Trae in only his 3rd year already dropping 48 bombs in conference finals vs great defensive teams, no allstar help, no dray, no wiggins, no HOF coach. coach nate mcmillan is Trae's only known. they gave more footage showing trae's family than actual hawks teammates during timeouts

meanwhile stephen curry in his third year still couldn't make the playoffs as klay "klayoff" thompson wasn't drafted yet. stephen curry on has two entire playoff games in his career scoring over 40+ points

another iconic playoff moment by Trae Young tonight :cheers:

Axe
06-23-2021, 11:30 PM
Trae also did so with opposing big man brook lopez guarding him. Still scored and was able to get away with a W. Didn't need his own teammates to bail him out.

Airupthere
06-23-2021, 11:30 PM
Youve got to love the energy, confidence and fighting spirit of trae. Can bite him at times like how he was throwing a number of long bombs that missed in the 4th. Still, that confidence is key in gaining more experience in these playoffs.

AlternativeAcc.
06-23-2021, 11:34 PM
Steph is the biggest no-show in NBA history

Steph has never once lived up to thr hype in the playoffs.. never. He either stat padded in garbage time on all time casts or flat out shit the bed and cost his team the game. There was no in between. Worst player ever relative to hype and its not close

Teae otoh... a real legend. :applause: already surpassed curry all time in year 3

And1AllDay
curry is just waiting for the right moment :oldlol:

And1AllDay

Steph has never once lived up to thr hype in the playoffs.. never. He either stat padded in garbage time on all time casts or flat out shit the bed and cost his team the game. There was no in between. Worst player ever relative to hype and its not close

Teae otoh... a real legend. :applause: already surpassed curry all time in year 3

he went to 5 finals tho. didnt he get at least 1 fmvp?

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2021, 11:36 PM
Trae also did so with opposing big man brook lopez guarding him. Still scored and was able to get away with a W. Didn't need his own teammates to bail him out.
and defends the opposing teams best guard ferociously:cheers:

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2021, 11:58 PM

always appreciate your high IQ takes, AlternateAccts. i can respect a user who is truthful about their use of accounts as in one (acct) used for main (account) or their alternate ((acct)(account)). big diff between multiple dupes and alternate acct

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 12:00 AM
Trae has godlike feel for the game that is on another level. Curry mastered shooting but Trae mastered basketball.

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 12:01 AM
Trae has godlike feel for the game that is on another level. Curry mastered shooting but Trae mastered basketball.

Agreed because Kawhi.

Bawkish
06-24-2021, 12:08 AM

i agree, 73-9 GSW is just an average team especially in the playoffs

nothing special in beating them

highwhey
06-24-2021, 12:11 AM
Agreed because Kawhi.

:oldlol:

highwhey
06-24-2021, 12:12 AM
curry is just waiting for the right moment :oldlol:

:roll:

Axe
06-24-2021, 12:12 AM

This.

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 12:35 AM
Trae in only his 3rd year already dropping 48 bombs in conference finals vs great defensive teams, no allstar help, no dray, no wiggins, no HOF coach. coach nate mcmillan is Trae's only known. they gave more footage showing trae's family than actual hawks teammates during timeouts

meanwhile stephen curry in his third year still couldn't make the playoffs as klay "klayoff" thompson wasn't drafted yet. stephen curry on has two entire playoff games in his career scoring over 40+ points

another iconic playoff moment by Trae Young tonight :cheers:

I don't know....maybe the same reason you don't go outside?

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 12:48 AM
haha damn yall some haters but long live the new king Trae

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 12:51 AM
haha damn yall some haters but long live the new king Trae

He didn't even have to crown himself....the people crowned him!

MJ is black Jesus.
Trae is the king.

The people have spoken

Mr.GOAT2408
06-24-2021, 02:10 AM
Trae just more assertive than Steph, quicker first step as well. Curry just isn't that dude but Trae could be and so far has shown that he will be a postseason killer for years to come

It was Miller-esque seeing him vs the Knicks and embracing the villain role, I knew at that point this dude was built different from Curry

Axe
06-24-2021, 02:18 AM
Trae just more assertive than Steph, quicker first step as well. Curry just isn't that dude but Trae could be and so far has shown that he will be a postseason killer for years to come

It was Miller-esque seeing him vs the Knicks and embracing the villain role, I knew at that point this dude was built different from Curry
In other words, trae is also not one-dimensional too when playoff time comes. Hope he retains the same type of player he is for the postseasons to come.

Mr.GOAT2408
06-24-2021, 02:27 AM
In other words, trae is also not one-dimensional too when playoff time comes. Hope he retains the same type of player he is for the postseasons to come.
Doesn't need a million illegal moving screens to score like Steph either, he's looking like the real deal

Axe
06-24-2021, 02:30 AM
Doesn't need a million illegal moving screens to score like Steph either, he's looking like the real deal
:cheers:

Stanley Kobrick
06-24-2021, 02:47 AM

high IQ post, high IQ user

warriorfan
06-24-2021, 04:27 AM
I don't know....maybe the same reason you don't go outside?

:roll:

If you only knew how bad things really are.

That account in particular is only a little over a year old. 5000+ posts and has created a thread during virtually every single hour of the day.

If I assessed the other accounts of the same person and then also looked at individual posts rather than threads created, I am confident that he has posted almost every single minute of the day, just here at InsideHoops alone. The amount of trolling and unaccounted for number of posts on other sites and other accounts is mind boggling.

Jokes aside? He's probably on disability and he's probably pretty ****ed up, be that physically and/or emotionally.

To be fair, he usually is asleep around 10 am and back awake by 1 pm EST.

https://i.ibb.co/31QZC9C/lol.png

Social Security Stanley with another one :roll:

DJmicah
06-24-2021, 08:43 AM
I'm a big fan of Trae but curry still has time to change the narrative, when his team is fully healthy he'll have the chance to be the alpha on his team again. if he still gets outplayed or underachieves then we can start the slander. remember he hasn't been the alpha on a healthy warriors team since like 2016 so i wouldn't write him off just yet

tontoz
06-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Why is OP so obsessed with Curry? His whole posting history is completely devoted to Curry.

Probably has some type of obsessive disorder.

Stanley Kobrick
06-24-2021, 09:01 AM
I'm a big fan of Trae but curry still has time to change the narrative, when his team is fully healthy he'll have the chance to be the alpha on his team again. if he still gets outplayed or underachieves then we can start the slander. remember he hasn't been the alpha on a healthy warriors team since like 2016 so i wouldn't write him off just yet
which is crazy because from the time stephen curry was drafted in 2009 until 2016 the warriors only made the playoffs 3 times and only after klay was drafted

hold this L
06-24-2021, 09:24 AM
Why is OP so obsessed with Curry? His whole posting history is completely devoted to Curry.

The only thing that make it funnier (and also sad) is if Axe is one of his alts. I don't want to believe we have two people on this site that are this pathetic as human beings. :lol

Axe
06-24-2021, 03:05 PM
The only thing that make it funnier (and also sad) is if Axe is one of his alts. I don't want to believe we have two people on this site that are this pathetic as human beings. :lol
Huh are you ok? I don't have any dups. And have you seen him post about cars in the otc section at times? I don't think so. You are being paranoid again buddy.

Axe
06-24-2021, 03:09 PM
which is crazy because from the time stephen curry was drafted in 2009 until 2016 the warriors only made the playoffs 3 times and only after klay was drafted
Thus the saying no klay, no play. And not only that but he also had steve kerr as his coach, the guy who's responsible for leading them to five straight finals since 2015. Unfortunately we have a stain like stephonit who's ungrateful and resorts to blurting awful remarks about him like he's overrated.

06-24-2021, 03:14 PM
trae young is already as good as young Legoat. If curry is worse than him, so be it

LAmbruh
06-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Wardell saves his killer instinct vs lottery teams in the regular season

vs Kings - BANG! BANGGGG!*shimmy shimmy*:dancin

vs Ja Morant Griz - :(

Spurs m8
06-24-2021, 03:55 PM

Do you know how many tears Curry made OP shed...

For real...

Year after year of getting his hopes up in the Finals, just to have it come crashing down, destroying his heroes legacy at the same time.

We know Curry didn't get FMVP....but we saw Curry do his part and also elevate his team to victory.
And every 3 was a knife to the heart.

Curry emotionally destroyed this kid, we see it almost daily....hahahha

hold this L
06-24-2021, 03:57 PM
Huh are you ok? I don't have any dups. And have you seen him post about cars in the otc section at times? I don't think so. You are being paranoid again buddy.
I'm paranoid because you and him are losers? Or because you might be a dup?

Do you know how many tears Curry made OP shed...

For real...

Year after year of getting his hopes up in the Finals, just to have it come crashing down, destroying his heroes legacy at the same time.

We know Curry didn't get FMVP....but we saw Curry do his part and also elevate his team to victory.
And every 3 was a knife to the heart.

Curry emotionally destroyed this kid, we see it almost daily....hahahha

I wouldn't even say almost daily, almost hourly is correct :lol

Axe
06-24-2021, 03:59 PM
I'm paranoid because you and him are losers? Or because you might be a dup?

I wouldn't even say almost daily, almost hourly is correct :lol
Because you can't put us on ignore. :(

But once you do, we wouldn't mind it at all.

hold this L
06-24-2021, 04:21 PM
Because you can't put us on ignore. :(

But once you do, we wouldn't mind it at all.
I've only put 3ball on ignore, dude is obnoxious, repetitive and annoying.

tontoz
06-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Wardell saves his killer instinct vs lottery teams in the regular season

vs Kings - BANG! BANGGGG!*shimmy shimmy*:dancin

vs Ja Morant Griz - :(

So do you have any evidence of this or are you just making stuff up?

I actually looked at Curry's playoff games for one season and it was instructive. Someone like you was saying that Curry just statpadded his playoff numbers in blowouts so i decided to check the numbers.

Lets look at every game he scored 30+ in the 2016 playoffs.

40 pts in game 6 win by 7 vs Portland
31 pts in game 4 win by 9 vs OKC
31 pts in game 5 win by 7 vs OKC
36 pts in game 6 win by 8 vs OKC
38 pts in game 4 win by 11 vs Cle
30 pts in game 6 loss by 14 vs Cle

None of these games were decided by more than 14 points

Now lets look at all the games decided by 20+

24 pts in game 1 win by 26 vs Hou
6 pts in game 4 win by 27 vs Hou
28 pts in game 2 win by 27 vs OKC
24 pts in game 3 loss by 28 vs OKC
19 pts in game 4 loss by 24 vs OKC
18 pts in game 2 win by 33 vs Cle

Curry averaged 19.83 in blowouts. The reasons are obvious. In a blowout Curry will most likely be on the
bench most of the 4th.