PDA

View Full Version : Trae Young Conference Finals Stats

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 01:27 PM
Just some stats I saw on social media. Just move along if you're not interested

Trae Young scored or assisted on 72 points in Game 1.

According to @EliasSports that is the most in a Conference or Division Finals game all-time.

Trae Young’s 48 PTS tonight ties LeBron James and Kobe Bryant for the most points scored in a postseason game in NBA history before turning 23 years old.

LeBron James: 48 points on 05/31/2007
Kobe Bryant: 48 points on 05/13/2001

Most points in a Conference Finals game:

54 — Michael Jordan
50 — Dirk Nowitzki
49 — LeBron James
48 — LeBron James
48 — Dirk Nowitzki
48 — Trae Young

Trae joins LeBron as the only 22-year-old on this list.

Gohan
06-24-2021, 01:38 PM

iverson scored 46 and 44 in the conference finals in b2b games

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 01:39 PM

46 and 44 is less than 48 and I ate fried chicken for dinner yesterday

Gohan
06-24-2021, 01:56 PM
46 and 44 is less than 48 and I ate fried chicken for dinner yesterday

yea but iverfson wasnt getting intentionally fouled at the end of his games.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Trae and Lebron got 3 years to develop their team into high seeds before entering the playoffs - so their first playoff runs are overrated by the media who are too dumb to do proper analysis... 3rd year high seeds can't be compared to 1st year 8 seeds.

Any all-time great that gets 3 healthy years to develop the team into a high seed will have a good playoff run, such as 88' or 89' MJ, who carried a low seed of undecorated role players to the 2nd Round and ECF.

06-24-2021, 03:40 PM
Trae and Lebron got 3 years to develop their team into high seeds before entering the playoffs - so their first playoff runs are overrated by the media who are too dumb to do proper analysis... 3rd year high seeds can't be compared to 1st year 8 seeds.
Trae young is at least as good as young Lenope if not better:
They both beat #1 seeds with 0 allstars, but Traes opponent had a better winrate & better srs. Also trae young has comparable stats, which is important since we all know stats are what the Lebron goat case is all about

j3lademaster
06-24-2021, 03:42 PM

Don’t #2 and #3 contradict each other? #2 states Kobe dropped 48 before turning 23(so 22) but then #3 states Trae joins Lebron as only 22 year olds to get 48. So was Kobe 21 when he got his 48 and these arbitrary stats left him off because of that?

Also, that’s some elite company. Trae is special and fun to watch.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 03:45 PM
Trae young is at least as good as young Lenope if not better:
They both beat #1 seeds with 0 allstars, but Traes opponent had a better winrate & better srs. Also trae young has comparable stats, which is important since we all know stats are what the Lebron goat case is all about

The 07' Cavs were a 50-win 2 seed that beat a 53-win 1 seed..

So it was nothing compared to what Trae did - Trae's performance is closer to Jordan's low seed winning a massive upset over the #1 SRS Cavs in 1989 (#1 net rating, 3 all-stars).. Trae's upset is far less than MJ's and his stats were nowhere near MJ's, but it's still a bigger upset than Lebron in 07'

06-24-2021, 03:48 PM
The 07' Cavs were a 50-win 2 seed that beat a 53-win 1 seed..

So it was nothing compared to what Trae did - Trae's performance is closer to Jordan's low seed winning a massive upset over the #1 SRS Cavs in 1989 (#1 net rating, 3 all-stars).. Trae's upset is far less than MJ's and his stats were nowhere near MJ's, but it's still a bigger upset than Lebron in 07'
The hawks sustained some injuries in the regseason, although its hard to imagine them being better than the bucks or nets

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 03:52 PM

Any all-time great that gets 3 healthy years to develop the team into a high seed will have a good playoff run, such as 88' or 89' MJ, who carried a low seed of undecorated role players to the 2nd Round and ECF.

The Hawks were the 5 seed.

Given that there are 8 teams, the 5 seed is a LOW seed. No series has been with HCA

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 03:52 PM
Trae is the smartest and best point guard I've ever seen play and I've seen them all. Don't respond to retards comparing him to a 6th tier point guard like Iverson. Trae is in a class of only his own.

Scores like Jerry West
Passes like Steve Nash
Runs like Tony Parker
Crossovers like Irving

Goat trae is in a class of his own.

MaxPlayer
06-24-2021, 03:56 PM
Don’t #2 and #3 contradict each other? #2 states Kobe dropped 48 before turning 23(so 22) but then #3 states Trae joins Lebron as only 22 year olds to get 48. So was Kobe 21 when he got his 48 and these arbitrary stats left him off because of that?

2 is playoffs

3 is conference finals

insight
06-24-2021, 04:28 PM

Trae scored 48 with double digit assist too. Iverson was a deadly scorer, Trae is a deadly point guard.

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 04:29 PM
It was definitely one of the most well played games I’ve seen.

He took a great defense and completely bamboozled them. It wasn’t like he was just hitting crazy shots.

MrFonzworth
06-24-2021, 04:34 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/4x2vJSfN/IMG-20201212-223629.jpg

We know bitch.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 04:36 PM
Hawks won't win another game

Bronbron23
06-24-2021, 04:45 PM

I like trae and what he's doing is sick but the easy era and ball dominant style of play make for insane stats for alot if people. Have to take his stats with a grain of salt

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 04:46 PM

Why

3ba11
06-24-2021, 05:00 PM
Why

Trae has been incredibly streaky and his efficiency falls off a cliff after 2 games.. that's the trend... teams figure him out

The Bucks will figure him out and by the end of the series, he'll be the 23.5 PER player that he's been in these playoffs

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 05:13 PM
Trae has been incredibly streaky and his efficiency falls off a cliff after 2 games.. that's the trend... teams figure him out

The Bucks will figure him out and by the end of the series, he'll be the 23.5 PER player that he's been in these playoffs
Will Holiday go off like this again?

Will the Hawks continue to make silly defensive mistakes?

Will we still get nothing from Bogi and shoot 25% from 3 as a team. People only really notice what Trae and didn’t see that there are plenty of things the Hawks can do better.

“Figuring out” Trae means going overboard to defend him. Which in this case will probably be throwing Giannis at him for stretches to give Holiday breaks. And then changing the way the interior is played. Once that happens, just like in the Philly series, that’s when you‘ll see guys like Huerter, Gallo, and Bogi have great games.

There’s a lot more firepower on this team than people realized. Others have figured it out but I guess you haven’t. Either that or you just want to see your weird Giannis take come to fruition.

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 05:47 PM
We know bitch.
:lol who the fvk is that

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 05:48 PM

you're in denial

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 05:49 PM

How can you say teams figure him out when hes gotten to the next round in each series so far. I find it hilarious that people still only talk about his scoring and that the scoring will make or break him. His best attribute will always be his floor vision and playmaking.

We keep waiting for Trae to get "exposed". If it was so easy they would have exposed him already and they would be out of the playoffs. Just enjoy what you're seeing and stop looking for random reasons not to enjoy him.

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 05:51 PM
I like trae and what he's doing is sick but the easy era and ball dominant style of play make for insane stats for alot if people. Have to take his stats with a grain of salt

yeah man but enjoy the moment. Stop talking about how this era is not like the past. Things change all the time. If it was easy because of the era you would see other people doing it.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 05:55 PM

Trae had a 39 point game on 62% TS in game 5 vs 76ers.

Carried them back from a 25 point deficit as well.

He was also really good in game 6 with a 14.9 BPM but didn't get help from his teammates.

Gohan
06-24-2021, 05:57 PM
Trae had a 39 point game on 62% TS in game 5 vs 76ers.

Carried them back from a 25 point deficit as well.

He was also really good in game 6 with a 14.9 BPM but didn't get help from his teammates.

in game 7 he was really good too, chucking it up for the hell of it. i call it "THE STRUGGLE"

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 05:58 PM
How can you say teams figure him out when hes gotten to the next round in each series so far. I find it hilarious that people still only talk about his scoring and that the scoring will make or break him. His best attribute will always be his floor vision and playmaking.

We keep waiting for Trae to get "exposed". If it was so easy they would have exposed him already and they would be out of the playoffs. Just enjoy what you're seeing and stop looking for random reasons not to enjoy him.

It actually must suck to dislike every great player.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 05:59 PM

He's not even in a spread out offense though, his center is capella hahahaha

Capella is a traditional center you would see around 1999-2004 era

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 06:00 PM
in game 7 he was really good too, chucking it up for the hell of it. i call it "THE STRUGGLE"

What about your boy allen iverson at 22 years old?

Playing 80 games and leading 76ers to a 31-51 record hahahaha

Gohan
06-24-2021, 06:06 PM
trae wasnt doin shit though till they got a better coach. atleast iverson wasnt a role player like kawhit

Bronbron23
06-24-2021, 06:06 PM
yeah man but enjoy the moment. Stop talking about how this era is not like the past. Things change all the time. If it was easy because of the era you would see other people doing it.

Well other people have been doing it. And i still enjoy the moment while recognizing the the league is the easiest it's ever been. You or op is the one that put the stats up. I was just responding to reality of those juiced stats. You just shouldn't compare stats in the easiest era ever to previous tougher era's. It's like comparing the 100m dash times of usain bolt and jesse owens without acknowledging the fact that owens ran in shit shoes and track conditions that have been scientifically proven to account for more than a second in times.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 06:16 PM
trae wasnt doin shit though till they got a better coach. atleast iverson wasnt a role player like kawhit

Iverson was a role player, his role was to win 1 finals game in his entire career and be an inefficient hack.

Kawhi's role was to be a top 3 efficient scorer in playoff history and top 3 defender in playoff history and win multiple finals MVPS.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ts_pct_career_p.html

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 06:17 PM
https://youtu.be/g7_d1QPpD2A

Giannis Gohan "Don't let GOAT trae shimmy you like that"

hahahahaha

Bronbron23
06-24-2021, 06:20 PM
He's not even in a spread out offense though, his center is capella hahahaha

Capella is a traditional center you would see around 1999-2004 era

It's just impossible to gaurd talented guards like trae, steph and dame with these defensive rules combined with the style of play. There's a reason almost every offense runs a thousand pick and rolls every game now. You can't fight through screens because it's a foul to make contact with the screener now so right from jump your at a disadvantage because you only have 4 not great options. You can go under the screen and give up an open three. You can go over the screen and give up an open three or floater if they penetrate. You can double the ball and leave a man wide open or you can swith witch usually leaves a slow big on a the faster ball handler. Taking away the basic defensive principle of fighting through screens has made the pick and roll unstoppable. Combine that with someone as skilled as trae having the ball in his hands every second running a hundred pick and rolls your gonna get some pretty crazy stats.

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 07:27 PM
Well other people have been doing it. And i still enjoy the moment while recognizing the the league is the easiest it's ever been. You or op is the one that put the stats up. I was just responding to reality of those juiced stats. You just shouldn't compare stats in the easiest era ever to previous tougher era's. It's like comparing the 100m dash times of usain bolt and jesse owens without acknowledging the fact that owens ran in shit shoes and track conditions that have been scientifically proven to account for more than a second in times.

Yes its easier to score now but still not Easy...why is the list just LeBron, Kobe and Trae. Wouldn't some other random scrub be here?

Bronbron23
06-24-2021, 07:38 PM
Yes its easier to score now but still not Easy...why is the list just LeBron, Kobe and Trae. Wouldn't some other random scrub be here?

It's relative man. It's obviously not easy. Just easier so no a scrub doing it isn't likely. I remember Murray doing something similar in the playoffs last year. He's not a scrub but he was definitely taking advantage of this eras rules as trae does.