PDA

View Full Version : Bum Simmons for John Wall: Yea or Nay?

Boogaboog
06-24-2021, 07:21 PM
If you're Philly, do you do that? If you're the Rockets, do you do that?

Ice Trae
06-24-2021, 07:23 PM
Rockets yes. Ben needs to just go on the team where the entire offense runs through him. Built up his confidence on a sh!t team that has low expectations so the ball is in his hands and runs through him.

Spain_
06-24-2021, 07:29 PM
I had forgotten Wall was still in the NBA

Boogaboog
06-24-2021, 07:32 PM
I had forgotten Wall was still in the NBA

He had 20.6 and 6.9 year coming off an achilles and a terrible situation with Harden ****ing over the team. Put RESPECK on that boy's name. Bum Simmons ain't scoring 20 in the playoffs without a brain transplant.

Smoke117
06-24-2021, 08:10 PM
He had 20.6 and 6.9 year coming off an achilles and a terrible situation with Harden ****ing over the team. Put RESPECK on that boy's name. Bum Simmons ain't scoring 20 in the playoffs without a brain transplant.

Yeah, 20.6ppg on 18.2fga. Horrible efficiency. His defense is now ass, too.

Manny98
06-24-2021, 08:11 PM
Simmons has officially become underrated

John Wall? :roll::roll:

GOBB
06-25-2021, 10:55 AM
If the D.Fox has any real legs to it? Count me in for that. Fox is fun to watch.

tontoz
06-25-2021, 11:04 AM
If you're Philly, do you do that? If you're the Rockets, do you do that?

I posted the same trade earlier this week. Philly has to throw in George Hill to make the salaries match.

hateraid
06-25-2021, 12:16 PM
I like that D'Aaron idea. Depending on who we draft. But I get that picks will be part of it.

Ben Simmons and 28

for

Jonathan Isaac, Cole Anthony, and 8

Sixers draft James Bouknight

GOBB
06-25-2021, 05:59 PM
I like that D'Aaron idea. Depending on who we draft. But I get that picks will be part of it.

Ben Simmons and 28

for

Isn’t cole Anthony and tyrese maxey redundant?

hateraid
06-25-2021, 09:27 PM
Isn’t cole Anthony and tyrese maxey redundant?

I like Cole's confidence

HylianNightmare
06-26-2021, 04:29 AM

Ben Simmons and 28

for

Isaac is the only player on the magic that could be any good. And he's super Injury prone

DoctorP
06-26-2021, 05:05 AM
its iffy. you want to pair Embiid with an elite guard. But Wall???

tontoz
06-26-2021, 08:40 AM
its iffy. you want to pair Embiid with an elite guard. But Wall???

Who is going to trade an elite guard for Simmons?

Wall can shoot standstill 3s and foul shots. He can break down defenses and find open guys.

His biggest issue is obviously health, which is still a question mark. He loves taking midrange shots that he sucks at and his defensive effort can be lacking most of the time, although he can step up when motivated.

However i think Philly beats the Hawks easily with a healthy Wall instead of Simmons.

GOBB
06-27-2021, 08:56 AM

Wall can shoot standstill 3s and foul shots. He can break down defenses and find open guys.

His biggest issue is obviously health, which is still a question mark. He loves taking midrange shots that he sucks at and his defensive effort can be lacking most of the time, although he can step up when motivated.

However i think Philly beats the Hawks easily with a healthy Wall instead of Simmons.

Only way an elite guard comes to Philly is if said elite guard forces a trade out. Then a team would jump on Ben Simmons. Another James harden situation could arise. But if one were to happen that might not be until start of season or trade deadline. Ben may be gone by then. Curious to see where he ends up now that a rich Paul is involved. He might block certain destinations.

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2021, 02:45 PM
Ben Simmons for Kyrie Irving. Who says "no" and would either team propose it to begin with?

GOBB
06-27-2021, 02:57 PM
Ben Simmons for Kyrie Irving. Who says "no" and would either team propose it to begin with?

Works on paper. And Kyrie fulfills a need as Embiid #2 and elite scoring guard which this team has been missing for quite some time. That said I highly doubt Kyrie would agree to such a trade. He wants to play in BK not Philly. So really a waste of time trading for him. An unhappy Kyrie isn’t a good one.

n00bie
06-27-2021, 03:27 PM
Simmons has officially become underrated

John Wall? :roll::roll:

I'd take an aging Wall over Simmons.

At least Wall will take open shots without getting scared. At least Wall can make free throws.
At least Wall can make a 3.

GOBB
06-27-2021, 05:41 PM
I'd take an aging Wall over Simmons.

At least Wall will take open shots without getting scared. At least Wall can make free throws.
At least Wall can make a 3.

Take open shots and miss them. Make 3’s? Dude is well below league avg for making 3’s. Career 32% from 3. Has shot for league avg only once in his nba career. Wall can hit free throws but he doesn’t get to the line as much as you think he shouldz 5.5 fta for a career. He’s 30 and will be 31 by next season. And has been battling injuries last 3-4 years. I’m sour on Ben but how does John Wall make the Sixers significantly better if you swapped the 2? People love advanced stats what is his ts%? Who is guarding the Trae Young, Brad Beals? Danny Green can’t and Thybulle being offensively deficient you’re now back to 4 v 5 bball.

To me it’s a lateral move at best.

GOBB
06-27-2021, 05:44 PM

Problem is Wall is never healthy. And for fun if he were? What is Wall bringing that makes Sixers better? Nothing defensively because he can’t guard Trae Young. The 24-27 Wall was dope. This current Wall I’m not too convinced he changes this Atlanta series much. I mean the idea is he would provide offense in the 2nd half/4th quarter where Ben went MIA. What is Wall giving up defensively is what I’m curious of.

tontoz
06-27-2021, 08:22 PM
Problem is Wall is never healthy. And for fun if he were? What is Wall bringing that makes Sixers better? Nothing defensively because he can’t guard Trae Young. The 24-27 Wall was dope. This current Wall I’m not too convinced he changes this Atlanta series much. I mean the idea is he would provide offense in the 2nd half/4th quarter where Ben went MIA. What is Wall giving up defensively is what I’m curious of.

Wall can play good defense when he actually tried, which isn't often during the regular season. In a national TV game or playoff game he can be a good defender. The rest of the time he is pretty lazy.

He is also high 30s in catch and shoot 3s. Off the dribble 3s he is bad.

Strong suit is driving and dishing for corner 3s. Wizards had journeymen.like rasual butler, Webster, ariza have big years from 3 with Wall.