PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs Injured Opponents these playoffs

StrongLurk
06-27-2021, 11:22 AM
I think the Suns are a VERY good team...but damn they had the best draw for these playoffs.

AD injured 1st round and Lebron only around 75%
No Jamal Murray in the second round
No Kawhi in the third round

That's honestly insane. I will give them some credit playing pretty well with Chris Paul having some injuries/covid protocol...but what's next? Bucks or Hawks in the finals and Trae or Giannis gets hurt?

coastalmarker99
06-27-2021, 11:33 AM
Lebron in future years after his career is over will be looking back at this season as a massive missed opportunity for him and his legacy.

As a fully healthy Nets team will be back and pissed off next season along with the Warriors and Denver plus the Clippers while Lebron will be only a year older and in his 19th season or 22nd season if you include all the playoff games he has played.

It is a massive shame that AD went down against the Suns as if he hadn't then Lebron would have had most likely the easiest finals run of his career despite the fact that he was only around 75 percent healthy.

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2021, 11:43 AM
Lebron in future years after his career is over will be looking back at this season as a massive missed opportunity for him and his legacy.

As a fully healthy Nets team will be back and pissed off next season along with the Warriors and Denver plus the Clippers while Lebron will be only a year older and in his 19th season or 22nd season if you include all the playoff games he has played.

It is a massive shame that AD went down against the Suns as if he hadn't then Lebron would have had most likely the easiest finals run of his career despite the fact that he was only around 75 percent healthy.

probably true, insanely enough.

but its not so much of a missed opportunity as more of bad luck.

none the less, even with AD the series was tied 2-2, and the lakers had plenty of flaws and holes.

coastalmarker99
06-27-2021, 11:50 AM

none the less, even with AD the series was tied 2-2, and the lakers had plenty of flaws and holes.

The Lakers this offseason need to spend the MLE on a wing that can shoot and play defence as the Clippers got with Batum the last offseason instead of another big.

It also bothers me a ton that the Lakers management has not even been able to put even an above-average shooting team around the greatest drive and kick player in NBA history in the past three years.

On another note, the Lakers biggest flaws this season was building the team around AD's refusal to play the five instead of building the team for Lebron who is their best player to excel in.

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2021, 11:56 AM
The Lakers this offseason need to spend the MLE on a wing that can shoot and play defence as the Clippers got with Batum the last offseason instead of another big.

It also bothers me a ton that the Lakers management has not even been able to put even an above-average shooting team around the greatest drive and kick player in NBA history in the past three years.

On another note, the Lakers biggest flaws this season was building the team around AD's refusal to play the five instead of building the team for Lebron who is their best player to excel in.

bingo.

they need to look for hield/dinwiddie/whiteside smthing like this.

HylianNightmare
06-27-2021, 12:01 PM
**** lebron

dazzer87
06-27-2021, 12:05 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. 3wkJU3tAciMv8bSeXiZBggHaEP%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Im Still Ballin
06-27-2021, 12:07 PM

He got injured halfway through the game. I believe they were up 4 points when he went down, about a minute or two before halftime. Phoenix immediately went on like an 8-0 run to finish the 2nd quarter, putting them up 4 at the main break.

This was a game where they had multiple double digit leads in the first half. Phoenix was lucky to be in the game, as LA was making silly mistakes.

There was a very real chance that LA could've won game 4, going 3-1 up.

AD's injury not only changed the course of that game, but obviously the series.

Akeem34TheDream
06-27-2021, 12:29 PM
Similar to 2015 Warriors

Hey Yo
06-27-2021, 01:17 PM
I think the Suns are a VERY good team...but damn they had the best draw for these playoffs.

That's honestly insane. I will give them some credit playing pretty well with Chris Paul having some injuries/covid protocol...but what's next? Bucks or Hawks in the finals and Trae or Giannis gets hurt?

Mike Conley also injured

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2021, 01:00 PM
He got injured halfway through the game. I believe they were up 4 points when he went down, about a minute or two before halftime. Phoenix immediately went on like an 8-0 run to finish the 2nd quarter, putting them up 4 at the main break.

This was a game where they had multiple double digit leads in the first half. Phoenix was lucky to be in the game, as LA was making silly mistakes.

There was a very real chance that LA could've won game 4, going 3-1 up.

AD's injury not only changed the course of that game, but obviously the series.

I actually didnt know that, wow.

RogueBorg
06-28-2021, 01:15 PM

With all the injuries in this year's playoffs how in the world can you NOT make the second round? :confusedshrug:

What a loser

RogueBorg
06-28-2021, 01:16 PM
I actually didnt know that, wow.

That's not surprising.

StrongLurk
06-28-2021, 04:58 PM

Lol Trae literally got hurt a few hours after I posted this.

The 2021 playoffs is super weak if we are all being honest, just too many of the best players getting hurt.

StrongLurk
06-29-2021, 10:40 PM

Hardcore jinx from two days ago.

This is officially the worst playoffs I have seen in my life, even worse than the 2015 Warriors run.

Axe
06-29-2021, 10:42 PM
Op the present-day Nostradamus. :biggums:

kawhileonard2
06-29-2021, 10:51 PM
Lakers last year as well. Dame got hurt and then Daniel House got suspended for rest of series when Rockets were up, then Lakers avoided Clippers and then got 5th seeded Miami who were missing 2 of it's top 3 players.

Taurus
06-30-2021, 06:49 AM

Bruh LOL

StrongLurk
06-30-2021, 04:38 PM
Bruh LOL

These playoffs are trash man, whole year really.

LBJ
06-30-2021, 11:45 PM
Watch them play the Bucks without Giannis.

ImKobe
06-30-2021, 11:57 PM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fdS0J5U160E2wZLwku/giphy.gif

hold this L
07-01-2021, 01:53 AM

Jesus :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 01:56 AM
Bubble Lakers

- injured Dame and Ariza out
- injured Shitbrick and House suspended
- hobbled Murray and injured Barton
- hobbled Jimmy, injured Dragic and Bam

Suns ring will have an asterisks too but at least they're doing it with arenas, travel, crowds and not in a Disneyworld resort rec league.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Bubble Lakers

- injured Dame and Ariza out
- injured Shitbrick and House suspended
- hobbled Murray and injured Barton
- hobbled Jimmy, injured Dragic and Bam

Suns ring will have an asterisks too but at least they're doing it with arenas, travel, crowds and not in a Disneyworld resort rec league.
Yikes imagine having to make stuff up.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Yikes imagine having to make stuff up.

Which was made up babyboi?

Manny98
07-01-2021, 05:17 AM
Kudos to the Sun's for staying healthy.

wagexslave
07-01-2021, 05:50 AM
Kudos to the Sun's for staying healthy.

People don't realize that the Suns are healthy BY DESIGN. They, as a whole team, don't take many risks compared to most teams. I'm pretty sure we drive to the basket and especially elevate in traffic offensively less than any team in the league, and we barely ever dunked the ball most of the season(although Ayton and Booker have been doing it way more in the playoffs). Also I've noticed that we're way more consistent with making sure that our starters get rested throughout the game than most teams. No doubt that coach Monty has emphasized the importance of staying healthy especially knowing that CP3 was on his team.

Spurs m8
07-01-2021, 06:44 AM
People don't realize that the Suns are healthy BY DESIGN. They, as a whole team, don't take many risks compared to most teams. I'm pretty sure we drive to the basket and especially elevate in traffic offensively less than any team in the league, and we barely ever dunked the ball most of the season(although Ayton and Booker have been doing it way more in the playoffs). Also I've noticed that we're way more consistent with making sure that our starters get rested throughout the game than most teams. No doubt that coach Monty has emphasized the importance of staying healthy especially knowing that CP3 was on his team.

Yep...don't listen to these salty idiots, mate

This ain't no mickey mouse ring...this is legit

miggyme1
07-01-2021, 07:04 AM
Smh i knew this would happen. If the suns win it all people will use the “they got lucky” narrative. The only team that POSSIBLY could of beat them if they were healthy were the clippers but im starting to see its a lot of chemistry/attitude issues going on with them. They need to clean house. I understand why they have guys like pat bev,boogie and marcus but thats too many knuckleheads on one team and they dont really fit the temperament of the two star players. Its just awkward.

nayte
07-01-2021, 07:37 AM
Dude anyone can use the not healthy argument every year .it's stupid. You can only play who u play. Asterex arguments are stupid

StrongLurk
07-01-2021, 01:38 PM
Giannis out for game 5...cursed playoffs.

There were already a record amount of NBA all stars missing playoff games BEFORE Kawhi went down and Trae/Giannis missed games...

tpols
07-01-2021, 01:45 PM
It is crazy what injuries can do. Stockton had to face Shaq, Hakeem, and David Robinson just to make the Finals and then he had to face MJ to win.

Who have the suns beat? I like Chris Paul's game but they haven't had to beat anybody. People are annointing him GOAT over a series he didn't even play well in.

It was very clear to anybody that watched that the Lakers with a healthy AD make them a first round exit.

StrongLurk
07-01-2021, 03:13 PM
It is crazy what injuries can do. Stockton had to face Shaq, Hakeem, and David Robinson just to make the Finals and then he had to face MJ to win.

Who have the suns beat? I like Chris Paul's game but they haven't had to beat anybody. People are annointing him GOAT over a series he didn't even play well in.

It was very clear to anybody that watched that the Lakers with a healthy AD make them a first round exit.

To be fair, the Suns were an elite team during the season. Top 5 offense AND defense, they were never going to be pushovers.

Even with a fully healthy Bron/AD, that was going to be a 6/7 game series in my opinion. The Suns are a VERY good team in all facets of the game.

tpols
07-01-2021, 03:27 PM
To be fair, the Suns were an elite team during the season. Top 5 offense AND defense, they were never going to be pushovers.

Even with a fully healthy Bron/AD, that was going to be a 6/7 game series in my opinion. The Suns are a VERY good team in all facets of the game.

They were up before AD went down. The Suns are a good team but you and I would be lieing to say otherwise. I think it was game 3... Lakers were -300 favorites. Massive disparity. It really wasn't close. Chris Paul played like dogshit in that series ~ 9 PPG on 44 TS. That's atrocious. They won because AD got hurt.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Clippers without Kawhi and Bucks without Giannis are about equal to the teams that Jordan faced in the east conference playoffs during the 1990s, as well as equal to the teams that Lebron faced in the east conference his entire career. So I guess it's only fair....

Only PAPA GOAT Kawhi can eliminate 76ers with Embiid, Bucks with Giannis, curry with Warriors all in the same playoff run.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 04:11 PM
They were up before AD went down. The Suns are a good team but you and I would be lieing to say otherwise. I think it was game 3... Lakers were -300 favorites. Massive disparity. It really wasn't close. Chris Paul played like dogshit in that series ~ 9 PPG on 44 TS. That's atrocious. They won because AD got hurt.

Dude, everybody knows you're stronglurk.

Out here arguing with yourself, get it together man.

StrongLurk
07-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Dude, everybody knows you're stronglurk.

Out here arguing with yourself, get it together man.

Dude, you are a bottom 3 poster on this board, why are you still around? Do you have any pride at all? Take your massive L's over these last two years and leave ISH.

I have no alts man, that's prideless shit right there.

StrongLurk
07-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Trae Young also out game five.

It's crazy to think that Kawhi, KD, and Lebron didn't make it pass the second round this year.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 07:51 PM

Lmao that series was ending in 5 if Bron and AD were healthy.

kawhileonard2
07-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Lakers had it's two stars play 5 or 6 games against the Suns and this even with CP3 injured as well and in there first playoff series ever.

kawhileonard2
07-01-2021, 11:29 PM

They were as healthy as CP3 was in that series. Lebron was 100% but Booker just outplayed him. CP3 and AD were similar healthwise with AD more healthy.

highwhey
07-01-2021, 11:29 PM

suuuuurreeeee

RRR3
07-01-2021, 11:35 PM
suuuuurreeeee
Meltdown. You were down 2-1 against an injured Bron and healthy AD

Norcaliblunt
07-01-2021, 11:59 PM
Even with all the injuries Phoenix never had the best player on paper going into any of these series.

At this stage of everyone’s career Lebron, Jokic, George are all better than anyone on the Suns. Or at least they were considered better going in.

Cleverness
07-02-2021, 03:09 AM
Similar to 2015 Warriors

No.

The only opponent, if fully healthy, that would have stood a chance against the Warriors, were the Cavs.

All Suns opponents, if fully healthy, would have stood a very good chance of beating the Suns.

Primes Anthony Davis, Jamal Murray, Kawhi Leonard, and now Giannis, are simply on a whole 'nother level than Jrue and Beverley.

Norcaliblunt
07-02-2021, 10:41 AM
No.

The only opponent, if fully healthy, that would have stood a chance against the Warriors, were the Cavs.

All Suns opponents, if fully healthy, would have stood a very good chance of beating the Suns.

Primes Anthony Davis, Jamal Murray, Kawhi Leonard, and now Giannis, are simply on a whole 'nother level than Jrue and Beverley.

Suns never had the best player going into any of these series. Even with the injuries. If Lebron, Jokic, and George can’t beat a washed up injured covid riddled Chris Paul and a bunch lottery dwelling playoff virgins idk what to say. Lol.

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2021, 01:22 PM
People thought Booker was the next Kobe when he was cooking Caruso and Rivers. He faces Bev and his FG% drops to 38%/29%/90%

999Guy
07-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Murray would’ve done nothing to stop what Paul did to them. Denver was losing one way or another.

AD and Kawhi are obviously huge losses.

They don’t win without injuries but who cares.

Durability is a skill.

Norcaliblunt
07-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Losing AD was huge but LA still had Lebron fricking James with Chris Paul injured.

Kawhi would have just took from George’s and Jackson’s production.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-02-2021, 05:17 PM
People thought Booker was the next Kobe when he was cooking Caruso and Rivers. He faces Bev and his FG% drops to 38%/29%/90%I think the broken nose he received had a little to do with his production.

I don’t know the exact numbers but Bev wasn’t always guarding him. Bev had trouble staying in front of Booker, Booker was taking him off the dribble and blowing by him often.