PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen has legit lost it.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 12:08 PM
Interview with Dan Patrick: https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1409537922978754562?s=20

Referring to himself in the third person several times. He even looks coked out of his mind. That whole fiasco with his wife or ex-wife hit this guy hard. This almost looks like a skit, but this is real. This guy is crazy.

theman93
06-28-2021, 12:12 PM
Amazing MJ made something of this basket case.

MadDog
06-28-2021, 12:19 PM
Like I said in another thread. Pippen sounds like a full blown narcissist. This dope is literally calling Phil Jackson a racist now. :oldlol:

Code Breaker
06-28-2021, 12:20 PM
What reality is this dude in wtf :roll:

hiphopanonymous
06-28-2021, 12:21 PM
That's like an unwritten rule in basketball to depend on your best player for a closing shot. Scottie has every right to be pissed he didn't get the play written up for himself. But his reasoning as to why, is dubious. I suppose it's possible but he's not convincing us with evidence.

Shooter
06-28-2021, 12:23 PM
That's like an unwritten rule in basketball to depend on your best player for a closing shot. Scottie has every right to be pissed he didn't get the play written up for himself. But his reasoning as to why, is dubious. I suppose it's possible but he's not convincing us with evidence.

+1

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 12:25 PM

But what's possible? That Phil is a racist cause he didn't call a play for Scottie Pippen?? I mean, just saying that out loud is hilarious.

Scottie can be upset all he wants, but this right here is embarrassing for him.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 12:26 PM
Pip has lost it. Now accusing Phil of being racist? He just comes across as bitter. You played with God, you were always going to be overshadowed. Looks like he can't accept it.

Shooter
06-28-2021, 12:27 PM
Pip has lost it. Now accusing Phil of being racist? He just comes across as bitter. You played with God, you were always going to be overshadowed. Looks like he can't accept it.

3ball...

tpols
06-28-2021, 12:36 PM
Wow... he's so condescending and petty. Dan owned him when he mentioned the play they ran for Steve Kerr and MJ didn't have a problem with it. The hilarious irony is Kukoc HIT that game winner! :oldlol: pippy poo must have been steaming.

He called Phil racist but couldnt explain why. Because he was going to let a white guy who was a great shooter take the last shot? **** outta here. Wow Pippen really is a bitter mess out here. :lol

hiphopanonymous
06-28-2021, 12:36 PM
But what's possible? That Phil is a racist cause he didn't call a play for Scottie Pippen?? I mean, just saying that out loud is hilarious.

Scottie can be upset all he wants, but this right here is embarrassing for him.
Oh I just said it's possible as in - Phil's motives can be just about anything and we wouldn't know since we aren't mind readers - but we don't need to be. The burden of evidence for any allegation is on an accuser, so Pippen needed to provide a convincing body of evidence and he failed to do so.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 12:38 PM
3ball...

Jeff....

red1
06-28-2021, 12:38 PM
pippen has always been a stable, high-IQ genius-type.

FKAri
06-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Pippen's already cleared this with Phil and MJ. He's just fuccing around to sell his book n shit. It is what it is. Nothing to see here.

red1
06-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Pippen's already cleared this with Phil and MJ. He's just fuccing around to sell his book n shit. It is what it is.

:roll:

Ice Trae
06-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Scottie Pippen = the Jose Canseco of the NBA. Look these guys have mastered it. When you are releasing something like a book or promoting something. The fastest way to get headlines is to say the craziest sh!t so people talk about it. We would not be talking about Pippen in this forum if he didn't comeout and say all these crazy things

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 12:56 PM
Scottie Pippen = the Jose Canseco of the NBA. Look these guys have mastered it. When you are releasing something like a book or promoting something. The fastest way to get headlines is to say the craziest sh!t so people talk about it. We would not be talking about Pippen in this forum if he didn't comeout and say all these crazy things

I don't know man. The guy made like $175 mil playing. He doesn't need $$. One of the worst things someone can do in this sensitive age is to accuse someone of being a racist. I think that's just him being honest.

And1AllDay
06-28-2021, 12:57 PM

obv

only the low iq dont spot this

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 12:59 PM
I don't know man. The guy made like $175 mil playing. He doesn't need $$. One of the worst things someone can do in this sensitive age is to accuse someone of being a racist. I think that's just him being honest.

His son died earlier this year so honestly, he might not even be in the right frame of mind at the moment especially when you consider his appearance and the way he is presenting himself.

Maybe this is Pippen unleashing his feelings of grief and anger to feel better about himself as a person.

Carbine
06-28-2021, 01:01 PM
Damn he has fallen off a cliff since the documentary. I enjoyed his commentary on ESPN prior to covid. He doesn't look to be in a good place in life.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:02 PM
Damn he has fallen off a cliff since the documentary. I enjoyed his commentary on ESPN prior to covid. He doesn't look to be in a good place in life.

His son died so that plays a big part in him falling off a cliff and not looking to be a in a good place in life at the moment despite the fact that he is wealthy and famous.

Code Breaker
06-28-2021, 01:03 PM
His son died earlier this year so honestly, he might not even be in the right frame of mind at the moment especially when you consider his appearance and the way he is presenting himself.

Also doesn’t help his former wife was ****ing guys more than half his age.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:05 PM

Yeah, that's true.

outofstomach
06-28-2021, 01:06 PM
this just makes it all the more amazing that jordan carried this nut case to 6 championships :lol

(similar to how lebron stans like to prop up the ‘16 ring due to kyrie’s antics afterwards)

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 01:07 PM
Everyone got a turn with Pip. It really is shocking how MJ dragged this guy to 6 rings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSNno0nBxMI

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:09 PM
Everyone got a turn with Pip. It really is shocking how MJ dragged this guy to 6 rings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSNno0nBxMI

You better believe he wouldn't do that with even a rookie MJ as he would be out of a job if he did.

jayfan
06-28-2021, 01:11 PM

It has nothing to do with the book. Or his son. Or his marriage.

Pippen has repeatedly & consistently stated for over 10 years now that he has no regrets about how he handled the situation, and that he if he it to do over, he'd do it again.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 01:20 PM
I'm not to quick to believe that Jackson is a racist. I think if he was, Shaq wouldve came out and said it. Not Jordan or Bryant.

I do feel Jackosn hung Pippen out to dry on that last play in 94.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 01:35 PM

Maybe this is Pippen unleashing his feelings of grief and anger to feel better about himself as a person.

True. He is sitting next to a bottle of liquor in that clip.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 01:38 PM
I'm not to quick to believe that Jackson is a racist. I think if he was, Shaq wouldve came out and said it. Not Jordan or Bryant.

The mere thought of Jackson being any kind of a bigot shouldn't cross anyone's mind honestly. You might as well just accuse every White person of being a racist. But Phil Jackson? Please.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 01:41 PM
The mere thought of Jackson being any kind of a bigot shouldn't cross anyone's head honestly. You might as well just accuse every White person of being a racist. But Phil Jackson? Please.

Yup. He was a hippie in his younger days, deeply respects native Indians and their culture and practices Zen meditation. Literally the opposite of a narrow minded racist. Pip just coming across as a moron.

jayfan
06-28-2021, 01:41 PM

That's fair. And I don't blame Pippen for having feelings about it. If I were in Scottie's shoes, I would have been upset, too. But he handled it wrong. And then, years later, to actually double down on how he handled it, is just ridiculous.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:42 PM
The mere thought of Jackson being any kind of a bigot shouldn't cross anyone's head honestly. You might as well just accuse every White person of being a racist. But Phil Jackson? Please.

"The players have been dressing in prison garb the last five or six years ... all the stuff that goes on, it's like gangsta, thuggery stuff," the Los Angeles Lakers coach, Phil Jackson, wrote on the website of the sports network ESPN.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/31/usa.americansports

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 01:44 PM
"The players have been dressing in prison garb the last five or six years ... all the stuff that goes on, it's like gangsta, thuggery stuff," the Los Angeles Lakers coach, Phil Jackson, wrote on the website of the sports network ESPN.

And you misconstrue this as racist or bigoted how?

Iverson dressed like a gangsta everyday. Dressing like a gangsta doesn't pertain to a particular color.

dreamshake
06-28-2021, 01:45 PM
Interview with Dan Patrick: https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1409537922978754562?s=20

Referring to himself in the third person several times. He even looks coked out of his mind. That whole fiasco with his wife or ex-wife hit this guy hard. This almost looks like a skit, but this is real. This guy is crazy.

To be fair, Phil did call LeBron and his crew posse :lebronamazed:

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:46 PM
And you misconstrue this as racist or bigoted how?

Iverson dressed like a gangsta everyday. Dressing like a gangsta doesn't pertain to a particular color.

Implying that Black people are thugs because of the clothing they are wearing is a racist thing to say.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 01:49 PM
To be fair, Phil did call LeBron and his crew posse :lebronamazed:

Have you seen the definition of the word "posse"?

Better yet....have you seen the movie Posse??

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51HXCKQR9QL._SY445_.jpg

I'm not accusing you of this, but the younger generation has completely perverted the definition of words just to suit their agenda. Words like "posse" and "thug" are now synonymous with being anti-Black. Really? Since when?

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 01:51 PM
Implying that Black people are thugs because of the clothing they are wearing is a racist thing to say.

Looking like thugs and implying that they are thugs are two completely different things. And again, if the league was majority White, and they dressed the same way, the same meaning would apply. Looking and dressing like a thug doesn't solely pertain to a specific group of people.

I think people are looking for controversy where there is none.

jayfan
06-28-2021, 01:54 PM
Back in March 2011, the Bulls held a 20th anniversary celebration for the 1991 Championship team. Scottie attended, and sat down for an interview with the Chicago Sun Times. Here's a quote from the ensuing article-

March 12, 2011

‘‘I felt I should have been on the floor rather than inbounding the ball,’’ Pippen said. ‘‘Fortunately, Kukoc hit the game-winner on a three-pointer.’’

‘‘If MJ had not retired to go play baseball, I know we would have won,’’ Pippen said. ‘‘But everything happens for a reason, and as I look back over my life, I really have no regrets. .  .  . If given the chance again, I probably still would have sat out those last 1.8 seconds because I had earned the right to be on the court. So I have no regrets about that. None whatsoever.

‘‘Did anybody ever go back to Phil and ask him if he would have made a different decision if he had it to do over again? I don’t think so. So that’s not a fair question just to me. I have no regrets. I’m a competitor, and I play to win.”

https://www.webcitation.org/6594wq7jc?url=http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/4266098-419/amid-celebration-pippen-has-no-regrets.html

tpols
06-28-2021, 01:58 PM

Nah if you dress like a ghetto punk people are going to assume thats what you are. Du rags, baggy sagged jeans, tons of oversized jewelry... Is what it is. Not professional. I remember in high school they made us wear suit and ties to the games... smh kids were held to higher standards than pros.Probably better than the fruity outfits some guys wear today tho tbh.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-28-2021, 02:03 PM
Pippen is in the right here actually. You always give your leading scorer, franchise player, top 5 MVP candidate the ball in that situation. Not
Dario Šarić.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 02:21 PM
That's fair. And I don't blame Pippen for having feelings about it. If I were in Scottie's shoes, I would have been upset, too. But he handled it wrong. And then, years later, to actually double down on how he handled it, is just ridiculous.

How should he have handled it?

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 02:27 PM
Back in March 2011, the Bulls held a 20th anniversary celebration for the 1991 Championship team. Scottie attended, and sat down for an interview with the Chicago Sun Times. Here's a quote from the ensuing article-

March 12, 2011

‘‘I felt I should have been on the floor rather than inbounding the ball,’’ Pippen said. ‘‘Fortunately, Kukoc hit the game-winner on a three-pointer.’’

‘‘If MJ had not retired to go play baseball, I know we would have won,’’ Pippen said. ‘‘But everything happens for a reason, and as I look back over my life, I really have no regrets. .  .  . If given the chance again, I probably still would have sat out those last 1.8 seconds because I had earned the right to be on the court. So I have no regrets about that. None whatsoever.

‘‘Did anybody ever go back to Phil and ask him if he would have made a different decision if he had it to do over again? I don’t think so. So that’s not a fair question just to me. I have no regrets. I’m a competitor, and I play to win.”

https://www.webcitation.org/6594wq7jc?url=http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/4266098-419/amid-celebration-pippen-has-no-regrets.html

I agree. Theres much to unpack. There was the previous play where Kukoc didnt clear out, Pippen was an integral part of the Bulls 3 championships. And Kukoc hadnt played a minute in the NBA but was making twice what Pip was making.

I dont blame Pip for his decision.

I'm more happy that for the first time, were getting Pippens versions of all the events that happened with the Bulls. What I'd dont understand is why all the vitriol for Pippen? Jordan and Jackson have disparaged Pippen for years in their tell all books. Now if Pippen turn. Why do you guys expect Pippen to take the high road when the other neve did?

Im Still Ballin
06-28-2021, 02:30 PM
This "yo-yo" homie thug shit is toxic to the black community. What happened to those old school blacks? They'd never get triggered by a word like "posse"

There is a difference between being black and being a ******.

Jesus ****ing christ Chew.

:facepalm

jayfan
06-28-2021, 02:34 PM

Ummm, certainly not by refusing to go back into the game.

The only result that netted him was looking like a complete jackass and revealing the depth of his selfishness & immaturity.

Again, I don't blame Pippen for feeling hurt & upset. I empathize with how he felt in that moment. But I would never have refused to re-enter the game. It's unthinkable.

iamgine
06-28-2021, 02:40 PM
I thought this is to sell a book but then i watch the vid...damn scottie sure was convincing that he's mentally in a very bad place

3ba11
06-28-2021, 02:50 PM
3ball...

I don't remember Phil having a problem putting the ball in MJ's hands... Pippen just sucked (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495117-Let-s-review-Pippen-s-3rd-biggest-choke-of-career-the-foul-on-Hubert-Davis-(gif)), so Phil preferred a pure scorer like Kukoc.

D-Wait
06-28-2021, 02:55 PM
True. He is sitting next to a bottle of liquor in that clip.

Its his new bourbon whisky brand "Digits".

Airupthere
06-28-2021, 02:57 PM
I remember phil saying something like he likes to call scottie a sometimes shooter because of his inconsistency. Why give the clutch shot to a sometimes shooter? Its one thing feeling like you deserved it but another knowing if you are the best guy to do it.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 03:18 PM
Here are some of Phill's racist quotes.

White players are more willing to run patterns and work collectively.

Because of the predominance of blacks in pro basketball, the sport is rapidly disintegrating into a one on one sport. there are only five or six teams NBA teams wh play with more than a superficial degree of team unity.

On the Knicks, the starting frontcourt played white basketball while the guards played black basketball.

Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighbourhood. they want to be the toughest kids on the block the richest or once they get to the playground the best one on one basketball players.

White kids on the other hand are usually raised in a more homogenous environment that provides other outlets or personal expression.

They are also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their personal own glory for the good of the group.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 03:18 PM
I remember phil saying something like he likes to call scottie a sometimes shooter because of his inconsistency. Why give the clutch shot to a sometimes shooter? Its one thing feeling like you deserved it but another knowing if you are the best guy to do it.

That's another thing. I don't remember Scottie being a legit shooter or a threat from deep. On those Bulls teams, it was guys like Jordan (of course) Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, and Hodges. Hodges was lethal from beyond the arc.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 03:24 PM

Because of the predominance of blacks in pro basketball, the sport is rapidly disintegrating into a one on one sport. there are only five or six teams NBA teams wh play with more than a superficial degree of team unity.

On the Knicks, the starting frontcourt played white basketball while the guards played black basketball.

Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighbourhood. they want to be the toughest kids on the block the richest or once they get to the playground the best one on one basketball players.

White kids on the other hand are usually raised in a more homogenous environment that provides other outlets or personal expression.

They are also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their personal own glory for the good of the group.

Jackson said these quotes? This is a first .I've never heard him say anything like this.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 03:26 PM
I thought this is to sell a book but then i watch the vid...damn scottie sure was convincing that he's mentally in a very bad place

I dont know if we listened to the same interview. But theres nothing crazy about what he said. Other than voicing his opinion on how Jordan and Jackson were. Nobody has ever called Jordan crazy for his comments that dont put Pippen in a good light. The same with Jackson.

MadDog
06-28-2021, 03:26 PM
That's another thing. I don't remember Scottie being a legit shooter or a threat from deep. On those Bulls teams, it was guys like Jordan (of course) Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, and Hodges. Hodges was lethal from beyond the arc.

And if Phil was "racist" why didn't Paxon and Kerr take all the game-winners? Jordan took 90% of them. :confusedshrug: Pippen is a self-absorbed moron who's constantly begging for credit. To throw Phil under the buss like that is a dirtball move.

8Ball
06-28-2021, 03:30 PM
And if Phil was "racist" why didn't Paxon and Kerr take all the game-winners? Jordan took 90% of them. :confusedshrug: Pippen is a self-absorbed moron who's constantly begging for credit. To throw Phil under the buss like that is a dirtball move.

They threw Pippen under the bus with the documentary.

He's letting loose his feelings and thoughts.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 03:37 PM
I dont know if we listened to the same interview. But theres nothing crazy about what he said. Other than voicing his opinion on how Jordan and Jackson were. Nobody has ever called Jordan crazy for his comments that dont put Pippen in a good light. The same with Jackson.

When you start talking in the third person and you mention yourself over and over again.....yeahhhh that's not normal behavior. I have never heard Pippen talk like this either. Especially about his coach. There's something else going on here. KD's comments ****ed him up apparently and now he's trying to find a scapegoat cause he knows labeling White people racist doesn't get him any pushback.

Mauzah
06-28-2021, 04:08 PM
I can see both sides. In 94 that was clearly Pips team, on the other hand his jumper was boarder line broke and had he taken that shot I wouldn't have been surprised if it was all backboard.

red1
06-28-2021, 04:10 PM
how come we have to question their sanity every time someone calls baldan a bald fakkit?

maybe scottie knows something we dont know. just leave it alone guys. if pippen thinks he's a bald fakkit then so be it.

MadDog
06-28-2021, 04:18 PM
They threw Pippen under the bus with the documentary.

He's letting loose his feelings and thoughts.

Who did? That was Jordan's docu, not Phil's.

I can see both sides. In 94 that was clearly Pips team, on the other hand his jumper was boarder line broke and had he taken that shot I wouldn't have been surprised if it was all backboard.

Pippen had a shaky jumper. Not surprised at all he went to Kukoc. Toni hit a game-winner just weeks before that. Against Indiana.

FKAri
06-28-2021, 04:33 PM
Pippen's already cleared this with Phil and MJ. He's just fuccing around to sell his book n shit. It is what it is. Nothing to see here.

Never mind Pippen's lost it.

Talking about the cameras and scripted lines in huddles. You're not supposed to break Kayfabe Scottie. Only Stern or LeGM can authorize this kind of shit and Stern's "dead" and LeDong wouldn't allow it. Don't interfere with the gravy train. That's not good for anybody.

**** Scottie. Don't believe his lies and tune in tonight on TNT for more orange ball in hoop action.

06-28-2021, 05:00 PM
Never mind Pippen's lost it.

Talking about the cameras and scripted lines in huddles. You're not supposed to break Kayfabe Scottie. Only Stern or LeGM can authorize this kind of shit and Stern's "dead" and LeDong wouldn't allow it. Don't interfere with the gravy train. That's not good for anybody.

**** Scottie. Don't believe his lies and tune in tonight on TNT for more orange ball in hoop action.
Its Legoats master plan. Pippen lowers his credibility by spouting bullshit about mike. Then he talks about the cameras and nobody believes him. Now if anyone tries to expose the narrative theyll get called out and lumped in with Pippy. Ingenious on Lekings part

kawhileonard2
06-28-2021, 05:38 PM

How you know this?

GOBB
06-28-2021, 06:03 PM
Nah if you dress like a ghetto punk people are going to assume thats what you are. Du rags, baggy sagged jeans, tons of oversized jewelry... Is what it is. Not professional. I remember in high school they made us wear suit and ties to the games... smh kids were held to higher standards than pros.Probably better than the fruity outfits some guys wear today tho tbh.

So basically you’ve been conditioned to seeing one look and everything else gets these silly pardon shots by you. That’s all I got from this. You went from the ghetto punk look to fruity outfits. So you wear suit and ties every day and on off days what is the proper attire for one to wear and not be judged by some dbag like yourself? Let me guess cargo shorts and yeezys? Let’s mix in some 1’s. Or am I off and it’s vans? I’ll let you tell it.

GOBB
06-28-2021, 06:04 PM
Pippen is in the right here actually. You always give your leading scorer, franchise player, top 5 MVP candidate the ball in that situation. Not
Dario Šarić.

Sure he should feel some type of way his number wasn’t called. But why it wasn’t was not racially motivated. Phil didn’t think Pip could hit the shot Kukoc did. Nothing more nothing less.

Spurs m8
06-28-2021, 06:09 PM
Lol what a fvcking flog

hold this L
06-28-2021, 06:28 PM
Flloyd has made like 400m and didn't need to "fight" some coked up youtuber, but he did it for more $

This is all this is, a nice charade

tpols
06-28-2021, 06:41 PM
So basically you’ve been conditioned to seeing one look and everything else gets these silly pardon shots by you. That’s all I got from this. You went from the ghetto punk look to fruity outfits. So you wear suit and ties every day and on off days what is the proper attire for one to wear and not be judged by some dbag like yourself? Let me guess cargo shorts and yeezys? Let’s mix in some 1’s. Or am I off and it’s vans? I’ll let you tell it.

:roll:

I didn't say shit about off days. But when you arrive at that stadium you should be dressed professionally. If I showed up at the office with my pants hanging off my ass, a du rag on, and a big gold chain around my neck id be pulled aside by a manager and I'm not being paid millions of dollars. Its called not dressing like a damn fool, punk.

RogueBorg
06-28-2021, 06:42 PM
Dario Šarić.

Always? Are you sure?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PhysicalOrneryGreatwhiteshark-max-1mb.gif

Why is this fool hiding in the corner praying to God Kyrie doesn't throw him the ball?

Neither Pippen 1.0 nor Pippen 2.0 had/have the clutch gene.

Phil Jackson knew it, and Kyrie Irving knew it.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 06:43 PM
Jackson said these quotes? This is a first .I've never heard him say anything like this.

The source of these quotes is Maverick. His own book.

TheMan
06-28-2021, 06:46 PM
I love me some Pip but he's way off on this one...thinking he's just saying shit to sell his book, disappointing nonetheless

kentatm
06-28-2021, 06:54 PM
Dario Šarić.

lol no.

you draw up the best play possible that can give you a chance to win.

trying to force the ball to your best player is how you lose.

kentatm
06-28-2021, 06:56 PM

He should have in-bounded the ball and drawn the defense away as a decoy like was planned. Sitting his ass on the bench b/c his ego couldn't handle not getting the last shot was a pathetic cry baby move.

MadDog
06-28-2021, 07:11 PM
He should have in-bounded the ball and drawn the defense away as a decoy like was planned. Sitting his ass on the bench b/c his ego couldn't handle getting the last shot was a pathetic cry baby move.

Correct. And there's no other way of "handling" it.

Taurus
06-28-2021, 07:17 PM
I think it's worth pointing out that Pippen's son passed away 2 months ago, his mental state is definitely not at its best

1987_Lakers
06-28-2021, 07:21 PM
What a bizarre interview.

LukeWalton
06-28-2021, 07:41 PM
hes saying crazy things to get attention to sell his new book

he's still pissed the Bulls underpaid him

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 08:03 PM
What a bizarre interview.

What's bizarre about it? Hes gonna have to open up about why he feels Jackson is a racist. But the overall interview? No. He clarified what he said about Durant, and his stance on MJ. What people are actually mad at is him telling his side.

guy
06-28-2021, 08:18 PM
What's bizarre about it? Hes gonna have to open up about why he feels Jackson is a racist. But the overall interview? No. He clarified what he said about Durant, and his stance on MJ. What people are actually mad at is him telling his side.

It is absolutely bizarre to call someone racist without giving a reason that makes sense. You don’t just leave that open ended. It’s also bizarre when you consider that for the last 30 years or so he always spoke positively of Phil and never gave any indication that he felt he was a racist.

My guess is he never thought this way of Phil, but a combination of this new age where it doesn’t take much for people to think someone is a racist and him now clearly having some personal issues probably influenced his new opinion on him.

TheMan
06-28-2021, 08:28 PM

Has Phil ever accused Kobe, MJ, Tim Duncan, LeBron etc of dressing like thugs? No because they don't but there have been several players who did/do, that doesn't mean that PJ thinks every young black NBA player dressed like a thug...can't believe this has to be explained :facepalm

TheMan
06-28-2021, 08:39 PM

Links? :facepalm

Axe
06-28-2021, 08:40 PM
Amazing MJ made something of this basket case.
Interesting, coach.

Axe
06-28-2021, 08:44 PM
Yet scottie pippen had a much better career than patrick (ch)ewing. :rolleyes:

MadDog
06-28-2021, 08:44 PM
Phil also hired Pippen back in 2005 for some assistant work. Think it was with the Lakers. Brief, but Pippen accepted. No word on Phil's racism there, the years prior to that, and years up until now. :oldlol: Phils "racism" only gets randomly brought up after Durant called Pippen out for quitting. How convenient :rolleyes: Pippen just doesn't want to take onus here. He'll say and do anything to be absolved of blame.

Pippen is a two-faced, snake. Cant trust a dude like that.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 08:48 PM
It is absolutely bizarre to call someone racist without giving a reason that makes sense. You don’t just leave that open ended. It’s also bizarre when you consider that for the last 30 years or so he always spoke positively of Phil and never gave any indication that he felt he was a racist.

My guess is he never thought this way of Phil, but a combination of this new age where it doesn’t take much for people to think someone is a racist and him now clearly having some personal issues probably influenced his new opinion on him.

I question the "Phil Jackson is a racist " comment as well. But he was spot on with the rest of what he said. I think he meant to say that Jackson isnt loyal. Either way. I think you guys have more of a problem with Pippen coming out with his side than anything else.

kentatm
06-28-2021, 08:50 PM
What's bizarre about it?

He looked pill ****ed and has started talking about himself in the 3rd person which IIRC he's never really done. He needs somebody in his life to reach out and lead him to help b/c sounded like somebody who is spiraling.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 09:01 PM
He looked pill ****ed and has started talking about himself in the 3rd person which IIRC he's never really done. He needs somebody in his life to reach out and lead him to help b/c sounded like somebody who is spiraling.

That's not bizarre. Pro athletes do it all the time. I think its him being full of himself. But that's most athletes. Hell Jordan referred to himself in 3rd person in the Last Dance documentary.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 09:02 PM
Links? :facepalm

Seems those quotes are from a book he wrote in 1976 called "The Maverick"

Phil Jackson quotes. ——————————-

In his book Maverick:

"White players are more often willing to run patterns and to work collectively."

"Because of the predominance of blacks in pro basketball, the sport is rapidly disintegrating into a one-on-one sport. There are only five or six NBA teams who play with more than a superficial degree of team unity."

On the Knicks: "The starting front court played white basketball while guards played black basketball."

"Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighborhood. They want to be the toughest kids on the block, the richest or, once they get to the playground, the best one-on-one basketball players. White kids, on the other hand, usually are raised in a more homogeneous environment which provides other outlets for personal expression. They're also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their own personal glory for the good of the group."

Now to be fair to Phil, he wrote Maverick in 1976, a time when racial politics and views were very different from now. So surely, as the years passed and he grew as a human being, his views changed right?

These are definitely questionable.

October 1999: "I don't mean to say [that] as a snide remark toward a certain population in our society, but they have a limitation of their attention span, a lot of it probably due to too much rap music going in their ears and coming out their being."

October 2005 when asked about the dress code: "I think it's important that the players take their end of it, get out of the prison garb and the thuggery aspect of basketball that has come along with hip-hop music in the last seven or eight years."

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 09:14 PM
^^ None of that should be construed as racist.

Just looks like a White man speaking hard truths about the Black players he's worked with throughout the years. Y'all are acting like any criticism from a non-Black person is a no no. Get over yourselves if you truly think that.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 09:25 PM
^^ None of that should be construed as racist.

Just looks like a White man speaking hard truths about the Black players he's worked with throughout the years. Y'all are acting like any criticism from a non-Black person is a no no. Get over yourselves if you truly think that.

Lol. Well seeing as how you're a racists, I'm not surprised by your response.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 09:27 PM
And for the record, these are questionable quotes. Doesnt mean Jackson is a racist.

guy
06-28-2021, 09:47 PM
I question the "Phil Jackson is a racist " comment as well. But he was spot on with the rest of what he said. I think he meant to say that Jackson isnt loyal. Either way. I think you guys have more of a problem with Pippen coming out with his side than anything else.

Isn’t loyal = racist? Nobody confuses those things.

I think he’s spot on to call out Phil for some of the shady things he brought up i.e. airing out Kobe and what was going on within that locker room, but that’s completely different then calling him a racist.

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 09:56 PM
Lol. Well seeing as how you're a racists, I'm not surprised by your response.

You think everyone is racist.

Bronbron23
06-28-2021, 10:04 PM

No it isn't. Wtf are u taking about? Some defensive anchors are the best player on their team but not necessarily the best scorer. Ben Wallace and mutumbo come to mind. Pip is great mainly because of his defense. Offensively he was good but he wasn't anything special and in a last second situation he probably isn't the guy u want shooting a tough perimeter shot.

DoctorP
06-28-2021, 10:07 PM
Pippy having another nervous breakdown.

he sounds a little delusional?

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 10:21 PM

No. Just you.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 10:26 PM
No it isn't. Wtf are u taking about? Some defensive anchors are the best player on their team but not necessarily the best scorer. Ben Wallace and mutumbo come to mind. Pip is great mainly because of his defense. Offensively he was good but he wasn't anything special and in a last second situation he probably isn't the guy u want shooting a tough perimeter shot.

I agree. I see both sides. You have 1.8 seconds. Kukoc is 6'11 with a wet jumpshot. Pippen is at best streaky. But it always goes back to the overall perception of Pippen. He had to sit and listen to years of disrespect for his role on the Bulls and this was his opportunity. And Jacksom took it away from him. Even if he was a decoy, it was gonna look bad on Pippen because he didn't take the last shot. I will say that the second most important player in that situation is the inbounder. So Pippen still wouldve had a big role.

And1AllDay
06-28-2021, 10:27 PM

patrick chauving...

Mulder
06-28-2021, 10:45 PM
Scottie Pippen contend this was his proudest moment.

https://www.etonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/max_970x546/public/images/2020-05/larsa-pippen-scottie-pippen-gettyimages-918914158.jpg?h=c673cd1c&itok=yw1dAx2f

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2021, 11:10 PM
No. Just you.

Well, you're not too bright then.

Bawkish
06-28-2021, 11:11 PM
looks like the migraine is still giving him nightmares

Da_Realist
06-28-2021, 11:19 PM
Phil also hired Pippen back in 2005 for some assistant work. Think it was with the Lakers. Brief, but Pippen accepted. No word on Phil's racism there, the years prior to that, and years up until now.

True. Why would Scottie want to play for or work with a racist?

https://i.postimg.cc/XJnnw29C/Pippen-Lakers.png

https://clutchpoints.com/how-scottie-pippen-almost-became-a-member-of-the-lakers/

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-28-2021, 11:23 PM
He's melting down. People forget his son passed recently too.

Someone need to check on him. MJ can't bail him out from this one.

DoctorP
06-28-2021, 11:24 PM
He's melting down. People forget his son passed recently too.

Someone need to check on him. MJ can't bail him out from this one.

Brutal :lol

Bawkish
06-28-2021, 11:24 PM
"Everything's cool until the book comes out" - Charles Barkley