PDA

View Full Version : Do teams really want Lillard, is his value overrated?

dirkdiggler41
06-28-2021, 01:13 PM
He is known to be this playoff-god because of his clutch plays, but his stats more or less goes down during the playoff, especially his shooting numbers. His contract got 4 more years left, 200mill, and he is turning 31 next month. He also needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The good fit I see is the Bucks, Sixers and Knicks.

coastalmarker99
06-28-2021, 01:16 PM
He is known to be this playoff-god because of his clutch plays, but his stats more or less goes down during the playoff, especially his shooting numbers. His contract got 4 more years left, 200mill, and he is turning 31 next month. He also needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The good fit I see is the Bucks, Sixers and Knicks.

If I am the 76ers I am throwing everything I have outside of Joel to get Dame if he wants out.

I do really believe that if you surround Joel with even more spacing and allow him to use the pick and roll that he will be a even better player as he averaged 30 and 12 on one knee vs the Hawks with Ben basically making the 76ers offence 4 vs 5 throughout that entire series.

97 bulls
06-28-2021, 01:27 PM
I think Lillard is overrated. Hes a great scorer and we saw where that got them.

imdaman99
06-28-2021, 01:35 PM
If I am the 76ers I am throwing everything I have outside of Joel to get Dame if he wants out.

I do really believe that if you surround Joel with even more spacing and allow him to use the pick and roll that he will be a even better player as he averaged 30 and 12 on one knee vs the Hawks with Ben basically making the 76ers offence 4 vs 5 throughout that entire series.

So they're gonna have Lillard and Curry in the backcourt? 2 guys that are bad defenders, we saw Curry get picked on by Huerter in game 7. I think Lillard is a great clutch player. But he is so overrated. He's not gonna win without playing team ball or defense.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2021, 01:37 PM
Never been a fan of the guy. Streaky scorer and clutch but can't play D and is undersized. If you wonder why Portland never wins, looks at their 2 best players. Two undersized guards that can't D.

pandiani17
06-28-2021, 03:54 PM
Of course they want him. He is a really good player.

Shooter
06-28-2021, 03:58 PM
Never been a fan of the guy. Streaky scorer and clutch but can't play D and is undersized. If you wonder why Portland never wins, looks at their 2 best players. Two undersized guards that can't D.

You literally described Jordan...

Bronbron23
06-28-2021, 04:03 PM
You literally described Jordan...

And your literally an idiot. It's literally the opposite of mj. Mj was a consistent scorer that was a good size. He played atg defense and won a shit ton. Wtf are u talking about:facepalm

Shooter
06-28-2021, 04:20 PM
And your literally an idiot. It's literally the opposite of mj. Mj was a consistent scorer that was a good size. He played atg defense and won a shit ton. Wtf are u talking about:facepalm

Oh I meant before Scottie Pippen. Did you? :pimp:

tpols
06-28-2021, 04:45 PM

Dame has no comparative help. CJ shoots like crap in the playoffs every single year while Dame usually goes off. Put Dame on the Clippers, Lakers, Bucks Nets, Suns, etc. in place of their first options and they'd be title contenders. AD, Middleton, Ayton, Paul, PG, Harden and Kyrie all shit on Mccollum who is a mo Williams level player.

Bronbron23
06-28-2021, 04:47 PM
Oh I meant before Scottie Pippen. Did you? :pimp:

Of course not. Why would i judge a player on the first 3 years of their career? That be weird but if that's how u wann play it neither mj or bron are goat. That be magic, bill russell or kareem.

Nice buddy. U just argued your guy out tge top 20

Carbine
06-28-2021, 05:01 PM
Dame usually goes off in the playoffs?

He shoots 41 percent from the field and 37 from deep for his playoff career. Both lower than his usual regular season standard and his PPG stays the same as to what he would score in the Reg Season.

What does Skip call him? Something that takes a jab at his drop in play during the playoffs.

Jasper
06-28-2021, 11:23 PM
6'ers could never land him.
Joel would be the only player the 6'ers could swap for him.

---------------
I am a little disappointed in Tobias Harris level.
I actually thought of him as a potential Truth type player ... but he has games where he disappears.
I remember when he played for the Bucks , (I was very high on him, ie- great find) but one of the coaches stated that he
sometimes watches the game from on the floor instead of taking 'over' the game.
He is that talented , but sometimes pop just doesn't have the fiz you expect.

Harris and Simmons still wouldn't get Lillard as I stated before.

Sportal
06-28-2021, 11:29 PM
Lakers, Celtics, 76ers are scrambling right now.

LeBron/AD/Lillard
Lillard/Tatum/Brown
Embiid/Lillard/Harris(If they can keep him somehow idk)

Don't know if those teams make them the favourite in the East with the Nets though, lmao.