PDA

View Full Version : Simmons drops Olympics for learning what a skill is

Jasper
06-28-2021, 07:33 PM
https://www.espn.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/31727259/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-skipping-tokyo-olympics-focus-developing-skills

Simmons , after high school , after college , and after garnering a multi-million dollar contract is going to learn skills...

Is the NBA or the 6'ers learning a lesson about the league and how to GET SCREWED ?

:oldlol::roll::oldlol:

ralph_i_el
06-28-2021, 08:11 PM
What's he been doing up to this point? Last one in, first one out?:facepalm

fourkicks44
06-28-2021, 08:22 PM

The idiot is deep into some lame ass E-Sports team or some stupid shit.

Should have got that shit out of his life years ago and concentrated on basketball.

I have no sympathy for him no more. Unfortunately I have a feeling he gonna be on the Sixers opening night of next season.

kentatm
06-28-2021, 08:48 PM
He can't work on his skills in a competitive situation? If he played for the Boomers he'd be the focal point of the team. Why would anyone pass up the chance to hone their skills in that kind of environment?

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2021, 09:05 PM
More like they dropped him after watching him in the playoffs, and they're allowing him to spin it this way to save face.

Spurs m8
06-28-2021, 09:21 PM

Basically

Or going going out on his own with his own shooting coach/friend, instead of using 76 resources.

Probably even shooter sessions...put up a few shots and then party

MrFonzworth
06-28-2021, 09:22 PM
Hopefully it's for therapy, clearly a mental block holding him back.

Something tells me though it's because his max contract dough finally kicks in and he wants the entire off-season to enjoy it.

Iverson3
06-28-2021, 09:24 PM
https://www.espn.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/31727259/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-skipping-tokyo-olympics-focus-developing-skills

Simmons , after high school , after college , and after garnering a multi-million dollar contract is going to learn skills...

Is the NBA or the 6'ers learning a lesson about the league and how to GET SCREWED ?

:oldlol::roll::oldlol:

The guy is 25 years old. he's clearly having some confidence issues with his outside shots. dude needs to seek some therapist.

GOBB
06-28-2021, 09:34 PM
He can't work on his skills in a competitive situation? If he played for the Boomers he'd be the focal point of the team. Why would anyone pass up the chance to hone their skills in that kind of environment?

I think a competitive environment like that would help. But the issue is what he’s learned/worked on has been incorrect. So that needs to be scraped and adjustments be made. For example if he starts shooting with his right hand.

GOBB
06-28-2021, 09:35 PM
Hopefully it's for therapy, clearly a mental block holding him back.

Something tells me though it's because his max contract dough finally kicks in and he wants the entire off-season to enjoy it.

Ummmm he’s been enjoying his off-season before the max. He could’ve worked with Kobe when Tatum went. He declined.

MrFonzworth
06-28-2021, 09:41 PM
Ummmm he’s been enjoying his off-season before the max. He could’ve worked with Kobe when Tatum went. He declined.

What does that have to do with him pulling out of the Olympics?

Jasper
06-28-2021, 11:15 PM
More like they dropped him after watching him in the playoffs, and they're allowing him to spin it this way to save face.

Without a doubt a franchise has to save face : by some bullshit line.

I remember when gumpy was playing for the Bucks , and after game one 55 points the franchise said he was their savior.
They brought him back 4 years later and couldn't make the team.

Simmons has like 3 -4 years and about 140 mill contract.. how do you wash it out ?

Get him some skills , highlight him early and trade him for whatever you can get.

*My point to this thread is if you go thru high school and college aren't you supposed to build those skill sets ?
L. Ball for the Pelicans I absolutely hated him as a Laker.
He goes to the Pelican's and their shooting coach worked with him in the off season , and wal-lah he can shoot not only correctly
BUT EFFECTIVELY. (now he is one of my fav's)

Sportal
06-28-2021, 11:23 PM
I've always said with Simmons: "That guy gets a jumper and he's a problem". But here we are, he's 25 next month... This is his 4th year in the league with little to no improvement. I don't understand what it is with players like this not improving themselves... Heard the dude has a massive ego. A "do you know who I am?" kind of dude. Yeah, you're the NBA player that gets paid millions and gets benched when your team needs a bucket..

DoctorP
06-28-2021, 11:23 PM
:lol :lol

yeah I laughed when I read it

Jasper
06-28-2021, 11:38 PM
I've always said with Simmons: "That guy gets a jumper and he's a problem". But here we are, he's 25 next month... This is his 4th year in the league with little to no improvement. I don't understand what it is with players like this not improving themselves... Heard the dude has a massive ego. A "do you know who I am?" kind of dude. Yeah, you're the NBA player that gets paid millions and gets benched when your team needs a bucket..

I remember when Giannis a couple years back dunked on him , and gave him the look / Simmons walked back to the bench on the time out and was
laughing about it with Joel.
Doubt he is laughing now ... dumb fvck

GOBB
06-29-2021, 02:16 AM
What does that have to do with him pulling out of the Olympics?

Huh? Read your reply then mine. You claimed that his max contract dough kicks in he will want to enjoy the off season. I’m telling you he’s been enjoying the off-season since he was a rookie. When he declined to work out with Kobe. Smarten up

Spain_
06-29-2021, 06:03 AM

He needs to be around sneaky athletic gym rats that play the right way you are correct.

ImKobe
06-29-2021, 06:20 AM

And people have been defending him all these years too. "Oh look at his IG posts in the off-season, he's working on his shot!". I'll believe it when I see it because the Summer League/rookie Ben Simmons was actually willing to shoot further than 3 ft out and wasn't a complete liability from the FT line.

GOBB
06-29-2021, 09:25 AM
And people have been defending him all these years too. "Oh look at his IG posts in the off-season, he's working on his shot!". I'll believe it when I see it because the Summer League/rookie Ben Simmons was actually willing to shoot further than 3 ft out and wasn't a complete liability from the FT line.

He has worked on his shot. Has he worked on it the right way? Has he applied it in games? No. Questions around him shooting with the wrong hand and his brother being his shooting coach. Probably not the wisest decisions he’s made. You’d think a guy under Lebron would work. But then again who has Bron ever helped?

The question shouldn’t be does he put in the work. It should be does he put in enough work the right way. Which is what the Sixers sadly are stepping in to correct. It’s no different than someone studying. You got people who study and put in the work. Applying what they learned to understand the concepts and such. You got people who study just enough to get by. That’s Ben.

ImKobe
06-29-2021, 09:44 AM
He has worked on his shot. Has he worked on it the right way? Has he applied it in games? No. Questions around him shooting with the wrong hand and his brother being his shooting coach. Probably not the wisest decisions he’s made. You’d think a guy under Lebron would work. But then again who has Bron ever helped?

The question shouldn’t be does he put in the work. It should be does he put in enough work the right way. Which is what the Sixers sadly are stepping in to correct. It’s no different than someone studying. You got people who study and put in the work. Applying what they learned to understand the concepts and such. You got people who study just enough to get by. That’s Ben.

We might have different definitions when it comes to putting in work. I agree, he's done shooting drills and "worked" on his shot in the off-season and in shootarounds & practice like every other NBA player, but he hasn't put in the amount of work needed in order to actually improve his in-game shooting ability, which is why his numbers have declined and why he's looked less confident at the FT line with each season. He's "worked" with his entourage rather than actual pros that could help him fix whatever mechanical errors he has because he's not willing to commit the time and effort into actually improving his shot, no one in his inner circle is going to hold him accountable because he already has a max contract.

rawimpact
06-29-2021, 09:46 AM
I can't hate on him for this. I mean if he is serious about figuring out his shooting then by all means... this is what everyone wants and should be prioritized over all else.

But of course our expectations of improvement are going to be higher... we'll see if any of this skill-learning translates to anything. IMO he needs a psychologist not a shooting coach but what do I know...

coin24
06-29-2021, 09:59 AM
I don’t think playing for the loser boomers will help him at all. These are the same idiots that kissed his ass growing up and no one worked on his shooting. Look at exum, similar problems.

The Sixers need to get him proper shooting coaches, start him off in 5 on 5 etc and keep repeating until he shoots. Starting every game next season he needs to shoot the damn ball

GOBB
06-29-2021, 10:02 AM
We might have different definitions when it comes to putting in work. I agree, he's done shooting drills and "worked" on his shot in the off-season and in shootarounds & practice like every other NBA player, but he hasn't put in the amount of work needed in order to actually improve his in-game shooting ability, which is why his numbers have declined and why he's looked less confident at the FT line with each season. He's "worked" with his entourage rather than actual pros that could help him fix whatever mechanical errors he has because he's not willing to commit the time and effort into actually improving his shot, no one in his inner circle is going to hold him accountable because he already has a max contract.

He just got his max contract. So blaming his lack of accountability on that is wrong. Bottom line is no matter how much work he puts in? If he doesn’t apply it in game situations it’s all pointless. There’s a mental barrier he has to overcome. I don’t think it’s just confidence. I’ve seen guys that have no business shooting, shoot. I know of guys who would love to shoot the 3 but can’t because the coach wouldn’t like it. Heck Dwight would shoot them if it was in the game plan. Dwight doesn’t work on his shooting. But he’s willing to shoot. That will doesn’t come from putting in Kobe long work hours only.

So yea he needs to put in more work on improving his game. I’m still skeptical if it’ll be applied during the season. The occasional 3pt shot follow by the crowd cheer ain’t it. So we will see. That’s if he is even in Philly next season.

GOBB
06-29-2021, 10:03 AM
I don’t think playing for the loser boomers will help him at all. These are the same idiots that kissed his ass growing up and no one worked on his shooting. Look at exum, similar problems.

The Sixers need to get him proper shooting coaches, start him off in 5 on 5 etc and keep repeating until he shoots. Starting every game next season he needs to shoot the damn ball

He shoots in those 5 v 5 games during the summer. So that ain’t it. He just doesn’t do it in the NBA. Why?