PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors are expected to Trade Wiseman, and their 7th overall pick for Siakam

Iverson3
06-28-2021, 10:09 PM
https://scontent.fmnl9-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/205502746_2128453053963007_3425393723578120018_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeFx6zjf4TtLTbzqD9IpliyFg-PJO2pLi2yD48k7akuLbJzKNIpQOeZQcCDDczpRrL-AujTBQbR0x0vYfovhNk1j&_nc_ohc=vcj3EbUWuZcAX9Vg6Zr&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl9-2.fna&oh=c4f9757b47f043a0859a408725829384&oe=60DF3A06

DevBooker'sMask
06-28-2021, 10:12 PM
Now that would be a nice pickup for the Golden State Warriors.

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Great fit ofc but... how would they get the salaries to match...?

fourkicks44
06-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Hold up?

Hasn't Siakam got a huge contract?

That deal ain't gonna cut it.

Walk on Water
06-28-2021, 10:50 PM
What position? He's not a center.

iamgine
06-28-2021, 10:52 PM

+ Wiggins maybe

Brujesino
06-28-2021, 10:54 PM
Hold up?

Hasn't Siakam got a huge contract?

That deal ain't gonna cut it.

It wont work unless we also include Wiggins. Do the raptors want Wiggins? Siakam might be a upgrade over wiggins but not Wiseman+7th pick+Wiggins.

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2021, 11:05 PM
+ Wiggins maybe

True, forgot about him.

I guess you could say I... “Forgot About Dre(w)”

:yaohappy:

Sportal
06-28-2021, 11:10 PM
Not sure why they would do this...... What is Siakam? A 20/7 player? They don't think that Wiseman could be a 20/10 future all-star player? I know they are on the clock now, and it is probably win first... But once Steph and Klay are gone or slowing down... Wiseman could be your franchise player..

iamgine
06-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Not sure why they would do this...... What is Siakam? A 20/7 player? They don't think that Wiseman could be a 20/10 future all-star player? I know they are on the clock now, and it is probably win first... But once Steph and Klay are gone or slowing down... Wiseman could be your franchise player..

I think it's a very small chance Wiseman becomes a franchise player. Future all star...maybe. But Siakam's also a young all star who's had a down year.

Sportal
06-28-2021, 11:53 PM
I think it's a very small chance Wiseman becomes a franchise player. Future all star...maybe. But Siakam's also a young all star who's had a down year.

Err... Yeah, he did have a down year... His team missed the PLAY-IN by 6 games... and he played 56/72*. Warriors potentially giving up a lot for someone that might have peaked already.

Edit: AND, he seems to be going to miss the start of the season too.

iamgine
06-29-2021, 12:23 AM
Err... Yeah, he did have a down year... His team missed the PLAY-IN by 6 games... and he played 56/72*. Warriors potentially giving up a lot for someone that might have peaked already.

Edit: AND, he seems to be going to miss the start of the season too.
Or they potentially give up nothing for an all star who's also a champion, potentially continues to get better and has proven he could play that 2nd/3rd option perfectly.

It's hard talking about potential.

ImKobe
06-29-2021, 12:29 AM

Has to be Wiggins, makes perfect sense for both teams IMO. Not sure I'd give up Wiseman as well though, Siakam is not that much better than Wiggins, Warriors might be overpaying, unless the Raptors are giving them another piece.

hold this L
06-29-2021, 12:32 AM
No thanks. Not giving up Wiseman unless it's for something special. Not trading Wiggins either, he has no ego, plays great D and will be fine to be a 3rd wheel once Klay's back. Been around 10 rumours on who is going to play for the Warriors, even Dame got linked :lol

And no chance he joins with just the picks and depth. Can't have 5 players on 25m+ contracts.

ImKobe
06-29-2021, 12:39 AM
No thanks. Not giving up Wiseman unless it's for something special. Not trading Wiggins either, he has no ego, plays great D and will be fine to be a 3rd wheel once Klay's back. Been around 10 rumours on who is going to play for the Warriors, even Dame got linked :lol

Yeah, I might go with a conservative approach here and move some smaller assets like Wiseman + 14th pick for another playmaker. You want to be able to play 4 shooters with Green at C, Siakam doesn't really make the Warriors any better from deep and he's not a great enough playmaker/ball-handler to run the offense with the 2nd unit & take the pressure off Steph. If they gave up all that, I'd rather take Lowry S&T + OG from the Raptors instead of Pascal.

Sportal
06-29-2021, 12:45 AM
Why don't people like Wiseman? He can run the floor, they don't really need to go small, right?

Wiseman
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Curry

6M: Oubre

Am I missing something?

hold this L
06-29-2021, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I might go with a conservative approach here and move some smaller assets like Wiseman + 14th pick for another playmaker. You want to be able to play 4 shooters with Green at C, Siakam doesn't really make the Warriors any better from deep and he's not a great enough playmaker/ball-handler to run the offense with the 2nd unit & take the pressure off Steph. If they gave up all that, I'd rather take Lowry S&T + OG from the Raptors instead of Pascal.
The problem is that Wiseman might blow up, and then it turns into a disaster trade. Jordan Poole looked like one of the worst players in the NBA last season. A season later, he's a reliable 8-man playoff rotation guy who has the juice. Wiseman played highschool and maybe 3 college games. He's really young in the position that takes longest to get good. Warriors can't wait too much with the guys they have, but if he develops a bit.. he's what they need. A big that can rebound, shoot, and get a good amount of buckets.

I hope a vet can be that 3rd playmaker instead of giving up Wiseman. I would be ok selling Wiseman if there's an all star forward with a contract that works well and pushes Warriors to another level.

hold this L
06-29-2021, 12:46 AM
Why don't people like Wiseman? He can run the floor, they don't really need to go small, right?

Wiseman
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Curry

Am I missing something?

Oubre is 99% gone, Warriors can't afford to keep him and Poole > him as a 6M last season.

Sportal
06-29-2021, 12:58 AM
Oubre is 99% gone, Warriors can't afford to keep him and Poole > him as a 6M last season.

Still. That team makes playoffs right, but favourites? Uhhh... West kinda nasty now.

HylianNightmare
06-29-2021, 05:19 AM
Wiseman looked good. And siakam, has shown us he's not a number one option. I like it for the warriors right now

hold this L
06-29-2021, 07:12 AM
Still. That team makes playoffs right, but favourites? Uhhh... West kinda nasty now.
Lakers and Clippers have the best teams when healthy but if Klay is back to his old self, team acquires some much needed vet depth, then things can change.

Manny98
06-29-2021, 07:54 AM

Wiseman
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Curry

Am I missing something?

Warriors are in win now mode, Curry is approaching his mid 30s

Wiseman is a project that's going to take years for him to reach his potential (if he does)

The timelines don't fit

Ca$H
06-29-2021, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLlDQhVXE4

:roll:

Clifton
06-29-2021, 02:33 PM

Wiseman
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Curry

Am I missing something?
I think the problem with Wiseman is the whole "can he play basketball well?" issue. He's an athletic marvel, and skilled too, and basically looks like a David Robinson clone. But then you watch him play 5 on 5...

I think people are concerned it might be a Kwame Brown situation where he's just constitutionally incapable of putting it together and gradually loses confidence in himself (as is happening more and more with players today). He's in the best possible situation (good team culture), but still. Guys get eaten alive these days. They're checking their phones 24/7, where people are making fun of them 24/7.

As bad as Kwame was in the early 2000s, can you imagine him now, after watching what happened to Ben Simmons and Fultz?

Curry needs an NBA starter at that spot-- tomorrow. I actually think Wiseman will put it together, but it won't be next year. The best case scenario is the Ayton timeline.

imdaman99
06-29-2021, 04:13 PM
I think Wiseman has talent... but he doesn't excite me on a contending team. I don't think he adds anything to a win now team unless he can become Ayton-like. If he was a Knick, of course I would be high on him but the Warriors want to contend for a championship and a different situation than the Knicks.

tpols
06-29-2021, 05:39 PM
Would be awesome but we have to get rid of dray then. Tbh siakam is a tall, rich mans dray anyways. A stubby scoreless version isn't necessary next to him.

Axe
06-29-2021, 07:35 PM
Why would the warriors want somebody who beat them in the 2019 finals?

j3lademaster
06-29-2021, 08:06 PM
Why would the warriors want somebody who beat them in the 2019 finals?So DON'T get Siakam because of some personal grudge?

Axe
06-29-2021, 08:13 PM
So DON'T get Siakam because of some personal grudge?
I'm just joking lmao. But would he fit in that team?

hold this L
06-29-2021, 08:15 PM
the warriors obviously haven't seen a single raptor game since the 2019 finals cause ever since then siakams been dogshit

Exactly, this deal sounds like a steal for Raptors. Warriors should run it back with some needed vets, unless an amazing deals pops up. This one ain't it.

miggyme1
06-30-2021, 04:00 AM
This would be the dumbest move in NBA history. This cant be true