PDA

View Full Version : Has CP3 hurt the Suns more than help this round?

bladefd
06-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Phoenix Suns have a 97.7 Offensive Rating with Chris Paul on the floor in these Western Conference Finals. It's been 112.5 when he's sat.https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/1409729894985080832

The funny part is the pace. Since Game 3, Suns have a pace of 93.39 with Paul on. It's been 104.39 with him off.

It's worth asking if suns are better with Payne in the lineup than CP3. That is actually a huge difference in offensive efficiency and effectiveness.

BigKobeFan
06-29-2021, 02:23 PM
This is some low iq shit. The game 4 was a low scoring game based on good defense, ball movement, and pace

HBK_Kliq_2
06-29-2021, 02:29 PM
2-0 without him

1-2 with him

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2021, 02:35 PM
Sample size is too small for definitive judgement, tho it’s true they were 8-0 in the bubble before he got there. And can see how the Clippers also havent missed a beat with out Kawhi. There could be something to the idea that a team with weapons doesnt benefit from a ball-dominant star the way an underpowered team does.

theman93
06-29-2021, 02:41 PM
You could tell just by the eye test how slow their offense is when he's on the court compared to when he's off. When they're running and playing fast they just seem to play better.

DMAVS41
06-29-2021, 03:11 PM
My guess is that he'll be back to normal in game 6, but of course he's hurt them since coming back....he's played awful in this series so far.

j3lademaster
06-29-2021, 03:12 PM
Yes.

tpols
06-29-2021, 03:26 PM
31% FG and 12% from 3? That's all time bad. Reggie went off too so his defense has sucked as well.

imdaman99
06-29-2021, 03:52 PM
31% FG and 12% from 3? That's all time bad. Reggie went off too so his defense has sucked as well.

People like you that say shit like this make me laugh. It's hilarious, he has guarded Jackson maybe a few plays a game. Jackson doing well is not because he can't guard Jackson, it's because he is hitting open shots. I don't even like Chris Paul, but stop with reading us boxscores and watch the game. I understand it's late at night and past your bedtime, but if you want to be some insidehoops analyst you best do something more than reading us the stats.

AirBonner
06-29-2021, 03:54 PM
Yes. The offense is 10ppg worse with cp3 on the floor. He kills momentum and flow

red1
06-29-2021, 04:03 PM
flopping bitch

we'll see if booker can carry him out of this series

DMAVS41
06-29-2021, 08:08 PM
People like you that say shit like this make me laugh. It's hilarious, he has guarded Jackson maybe a few plays a game. Jackson doing well is not because he can't guard Jackson, it's because he is hitting open shots. I don't even like Chris Paul, but stop with reading us boxscores and watch the game. I understand it's late at night and past your bedtime, but if you want to be some insidehoops analyst you best do something more than reading us the stats.

Well, it doesn't tell the whole story, but it isn't like he's doing anything of note on the court. He isn't moving well, isn't defending well, and his offense overall has been poor. Could flip it around and ignore the stats and just say "watch the game"...nobody without a clear bias would claim Paul hasn't been ass since returning. Not a big deal, likely ultimately means nothing and they'll be in the finals in a few days, but it is what it is.

No reason to pretend he's out there making a positive impact right now. Hopefully that changes.

Not really related, but I've wished for years that he would stop the flopping shit and just play the damn game. Last night wasn't a good look on that front.

Axe
06-29-2021, 08:12 PM
This shit is really bad if the flippers come back after being down 3-1. It seems that health protocol against him earlier turned out to be some blessing in disguise after all.

tpols
06-29-2021, 08:15 PM

You're mad because Chris Paul is shooting like your boy Russell Westbrook. :oldlol:

Chris Paul outside injuries has always produced on an elite level. Here? He isn't. He's putting up Westbrook numbers and team getting spanked accordingly.

I do believe there will be a regression to the mean though. There's no way Chris Paul shoots this bad over the full sample size... imo.

And you're little frail duck faced lip posing ass better watch what you say about Thurston boy. Before Big T brings the Thunder.

:lol

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2021, 08:32 PM
he's not doing much this series indeed.

he definitely hasnt been much of a positive.

Mulder
06-29-2021, 08:41 PM
Bench the ball hog! He's a liability to the team.

AirBonner
06-29-2021, 08:42 PM
You're mad because Chris Paul is shooting like your boy Russell Westbrook. :oldlol:

Chris Paul outside injuries has always produced on an elite level. Here? He isn't. He's putting up Westbrook numbers and team getting spanked accordingly.

I do believe there will be a regression to the mean though. There's no way Chris Paul shoots this bad over the full sample size... imo.

And you're little frail duck faced lip posing ass better watch what you say about Thurston boy. Before Big T brings the Thunder.

:lolhe’s putting up worse than current Westbrook tbh

highwhey
06-29-2021, 09:19 PM
he doesn't have his legs. can't even penetrate inside and hit his mid range, looks to be a tad bit slower and doesn't have the lift to hit a jumper. i think covid may have messed with him bc it's certainly not rust.

tpols
06-30-2021, 03:20 PM
he’s putting up worse than current Westbrook tbh

So we'll see tonight what Christopher Paul is made of.