PDA

View Full Version : The triangle didn't win as a system on NBA level for 50 yrs until triangle footwork..

3ba11
06-29-2021, 05:22 PM
was invented by MJ...

Ultimately, who would be HOF without the other - Phil without MJ/Kobe, or MJ/Kobe without Phil?

who knows how long Phil coveted a spot within the Bulls' organization so he could hustle his obscure offense to titles on the back of MJ's skillset.. Imagine having a secret potion that only works with 1 person in the world (the guy skilled enough to invent the triangle footwork).

1987_Lakers
06-29-2021, 05:26 PM
Wrong, the Sixers won the championship in 1967 running lots of triangle.

"Wilt Chamberlain thrived in this offense back in his time because it takes full advantage of a big man's skills. Having a center in the triangle offense is really the ultimate aspect of our game, because he fills the apex of the triangle."

-Phil Jackson, Oct 1999

3ba11
06-29-2021, 05:29 PM
Wrong, the Sixers won the championship in 1967 running lots of triangle.

"Wilt Chamberlain thrived in this offense back in his time because it takes full advantage of a big man's skills. Having a center in the triangle offense is really the ultimate aspect of our game, because he fills the apex of the triangle."

-Phil Jackson, Oct 1999

They used concepts of the triangle, not the full system

the only champions in history that can answer the question: "what system do you use" are MJ's teams, or his clone's (kobe's)

that's why i included the word system in the thread title

Kblaze8855
06-29-2021, 05:31 PM
You already did this topic and had it explained the teams that won with it long ago. Though I suppose you have done all your topics before by now. Don’t you have any like...Horace Grant hate?

Maybe a topic on the worst playoff game ever played to see if Lebrons 2/18, 12 point 10 turnover game vs the Celtics is it.

Do something fresh.

3ba11
06-29-2021, 05:33 PM
You already did this topic and had it explained the teams that won with it long ago. Though I suppose you have done all your topics before by now. Don’t you have any like...Horace Grant hate?

Maybe a topic on the worst playoff game ever played to see if Lebrons 2/18, 12 point 10 turnover game vs the Celtics is it.

Do something fresh.

It's historical record that the full system wasn't used in 68' - only in the 90's with the bulls

why are you pretending like you don't know this?

you actually pointed it out to me a while back.. only the bulls/lakers won with it as a full system... the only champions in history that can answer the question: "what system do you use" are MJ's teams, or his clone's (kobe's)

ZenMaster
06-29-2021, 05:38 PM
It's historical record that the full system wasn't used in 68' - only in the 90's with the bulls

why are you pretending like you don't know this?

you actually pointed it out to me a while back.. only the bulls/lakers won with it as a full system... the only champions in history that can answer the question: "what system do you use" are MJ's teams, or his clone's (kobe's)

Which parts of the "full triangle system" wasn't used in 68?

1987_Lakers
06-29-2021, 05:41 PM
how does it feel knowing your idol has a bunch of fraudulent accomplishments and should have a losing finals record

that 1988 finals game 6 phantom foul on kareem by laimbeer changed magic from being 4 for 9 to being 5 for 9 in nba finals

and his 1980 finals mvp belongs to kareem.

and magic was 5th leading scorer in that 1982 finals with norm nixon averaging 2 more points and 2 more assists than magic yet somehow tragic wins finals mvp

and how in the hell was he league mvp in 89 and 90 over jordan lmao

so realistically magic is a 1 time league mvp, a 1 time finals mvp and a finals loser like lebron

Kenneth, is that you?

ShawkFactory
06-29-2021, 05:47 PM

Jordan and his particular set of skills weren’t on the team

3ba11
06-29-2021, 05:51 PM

All the quotes, books and articles about 1968 specify that they used concepts from the triangle, or parts of it.. It's common knowledge that only the Bulls and Lakers used the system as their offense to win titles (not just parts or concepts from it).

And even if the guy that once scored 100 points won a one-off title using parts of the offense - that makes my point that no one could really win with it until special footwork was invented specifically for the offense (MJ)... Then it won 11 rings in 18 years.

who knows how long Phil coveted a spot within the Bulls' organization so he could hustle his obscure offense to titles on the back of MJ's skillset.. Imagine having a secret potion that only works with 1 person in the world (the guy skilled enough to invent the triangle footwork).

Axe
06-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Op needs an ip ban like kenneth too

AirBonner
06-29-2021, 07:40 PM
Paul George has gone further than MJ has without his Pippen

hiphopanonymous
06-29-2021, 07:50 PM
was invented by MJ...

Ultimately, who would be HOF without the other - Phil without MJ/Kobe, or MJ/Kobe without Phil?

The Boston Celtics of the 60's implemented triangle patterns a lot in their half-court sets, as did the powerhouse 1967 Sixers. I'd bet a few other championship or nearly-so teams between then and the 90's had used it to some extent too, it's not like Phil invented it or MJ as you say. It's just old fundamental concepts being put into disciplined use which in the right hands can really win games which is true also for a variety of other playing styles.

So I'm not sure why you think it didn't win, it had helped teams win quite a few chips for teams before the 90's