PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups Rape Allegations

MaxPlayer
06-29-2021, 07:35 PM
From 1997.

Something or nothing?

Code Breaker
06-29-2021, 07:47 PM
Right when he gets a HC job that’s sketchy and bs.

GOBB
06-29-2021, 07:56 PM
Right when he gets a HC job that’s sketchy and bs.

Not really. It’s been lingering over his head ever since his name was mentioned as a HC candidate previously. It was bound to resurface soon as he got hired.

AirBonner
06-29-2021, 07:57 PM
Celtics dodged a bullet

bladefd
06-29-2021, 08:02 PM
I've never even heard of it until a few days ago. I have followed Billups closely since 2003 as a player, and I'm surprised I never heard of this case in all that time. You know Kobe Colorado stuff is very common knowledge but this Billups has been under the rug for couple decades now. It's surfacing only now.

dreamshake
06-29-2021, 08:08 PM
Like Walton was also accused of rape when he became head coach for the Lakers. Anyone know the story with Billups?

GOBB
06-29-2021, 08:11 PM
Like Walton was also accused of rape when he became head coach for the Lakers. Anyone know the story with Billups?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/trailblazers/.amp/analysis/the-details-behind-sexual-assault-allegation-against-chauncey-billups-trail-blazers

Kblaze8855
06-29-2021, 08:15 PM
It isn’t a new story. We talked about it long long ago but obviously this is a new era. Just saying it wasn’t like held back till now.

dreamshake
06-29-2021, 08:21 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/trailblazers/.amp/analysis/the-details-behind-sexual-assault-allegation-against-chauncey-billups-trail-blazers

Pretty disturbing potential gang rape.

On November 9, 1997, Jane Doe was at a comedy club with Antoine Walker, her on-again, off-again boyfriend. Also there were Billups and Ron Mercer, Walker's rookie teammates with the Boston Celtics, as well as two of his longtime friends and other women. Doe hadn't previously met Billups or Mercer, but was acquainted with Walker's friends.

Doe alleges that when the group was ready to leave, one of his friends told her that Walker wanted her to go back to the Celtics star's luxury condo in Waltham, MA. While Doe claims that Billups drove her, Mercer and one of the remaining men to Walker's home, Billups later told police that he was never at Walker's condo that night.

According to Billups, Doe initiated and performed consensual oral sex on him in his car, the full extent of their sexual interactions. Mercer also claimed he wasn't at Walker's home on November 9, instead telling law enforcement he'd received oral sex from Doe at Billups' house.

Doe, however, alleged she woke up naked the next morning in Walker's bed, an assertion for which Billups and Mercer offered no explanation to police.

Once at Walker's condo in Waltham, Doe reported that she was led to a bedroom where Billups and Mercer engaged in multiple "unwanted" sex acts on her. One of Walker's friends purportedly forced Doe to perform oral sex on him, at some point asking Billups and Mercer, "Yo, who wants some?"

Doe allegedly blacked out during the attack, waking on November 10 in bed with one of Walker's friends, naked amid used condoms and condom wrappers littered across the floor. She then quickly called a friend, saying, "Something bad happened."

Walker, for his part, denied Doe's allegation that he was asked to join in on the alleged rape, and claimed he never saw an assault take place at his residence.

Doe was admitted to the Boston Medical Center the day after the reported assault, a rape kit revealing injuries to her throat, cervix and rectum. There was also bruising on Doe's back, and semen was found inside of her.

bobopenguin
06-29-2021, 08:32 PM
it's not allegations, cos it did happened.
they have settled outside the court.

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2021, 08:35 PM

jesus christ.

i know there's been a bad history of liars but this is still ugly to read and at first the sympathies definitely lie with the woman.

i mean this right here
"Doe was admitted to the Boston Medical Center the day after the reported assault, a rape kit revealing injuries to her throat, cervix and rectum. There was also bruising on Doe's back, and semen was found inside of her."

case closed :confusedshrug:

damn.

**** walker and **** billups.

bobopenguin
06-29-2021, 08:37 PM
“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about how every decision that we make can have a profound impact on a person’s life,” he said, via Diwght Jaynes of NBC Sports.. “I learned at a very young age as a player and a young adult, that every decision has consequences.

“And that’s led to some really, really helping with tough conversations that I’ve had to have with my wife, who was my girlfriend at the time in 1997, and my daughters about what actually happened.”

"To this very day, Billups claims that the sexual contact he had with his accuser was consensual. For what it’s worth, the case was settled outside of court for an undisclosed amount"

https://clutchpoints.com/blazers-news-chauncey-billups-breaks-silence-amid-resurfacing-of-1997-rape-allegations/

LukeWalton
06-29-2021, 08:46 PM

man, i didnt do nuttin.
all i do is sit on the bench with other sweaty guys and collect rings.

tpols
06-29-2021, 10:25 PM

Every time you hear about one of these cases you'd think it was a chick out jogging snatched up off the street by a deviant psychopath.

That account sounds like she was a groupie that went along with being taken back to the playas mansion after a night at the club. She perfectly remembered the ride home but "blacked" out on everything shortly thereafter? hmm....

GOBB
06-29-2021, 10:29 PM
Every time you hear about one of these cases you'd think it was a chick out jogging snatched up off the street by a deviant psychopath.

That account sounds like she was a groupie that went along with being taken back to the playas mansion after a night at the club. She perfectly remembered the ride home but "blacked" out on everything shortly thereafter? hmm....

All Antoine walker, billups, Mercer all settled out of court. And none remember what happened after their sexual encounter (oral sex). Why settle out of court if you’re innocent? Hmmm

bison
06-29-2021, 10:34 PM
I saw the thread title and thought this was gonna be about the 2004 finals.

tpols
06-29-2021, 10:34 PM
All Antoine walker, billups, Mercer all settled out of court. And none remember what happened after their sexual encounter (oral sex). Why settle out of court if you’re innocent? Hmmm

Because they could pay it off with pro money instead of going to prison? They were sending high profile entertainers to the big house like it was nothing in the 90s. Tyson and Tupac got housed. Your boy Iverson too sent to the Pen. They were scared and settled instead of facing a prosecutor or jury that would be ready to send them to the chair. Who the hell you ever called an Uncle, boy?

bison
06-29-2021, 10:37 PM

The forum consensus here is that you have by far one of the lowest IQs here.

GOBB
06-29-2021, 10:40 PM
Because they could pay it off with pro money instead of going to prison? They were sending high profile entertainers to the big house like it was nothing in the 90s. Tyson and Tupac got housed. Your boy Iverson too sent to the Pen. They were scared and settled instead of facing a prosecutor or jury that would be ready to send them to the chair. Who the hell you ever called an Uncle, boy?

Yeah you have one of the lowest IQs here. Yikes

tpols
06-29-2021, 10:48 PM
15 years for a bowling ball fight.

https://youtu.be/Eh8k18nTkbs

But you will convict somebody before proven guilty on charges like shown in OP?

Don't you ever act though on this site again mate.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-29-2021, 11:02 PM
Jason Kidd also beat his wife. I guess a background check isn't required to be a head coach these days.

outofstomach
06-29-2021, 11:59 PM
Because they could pay it off with pro money instead of going to prison? They were sending high profile entertainers to the big house like it was nothing in the 90s. Tyson and Tupac got housed. Your boy Iverson too sent to the Pen. They were scared and settled instead of facing a prosecutor or jury that would be ready to send them to the chair. Who the hell you ever called an Uncle, boy?you really are a low IQ racist :lol at least you’re consistent i guess

Mulder
06-30-2021, 02:05 AM
This sound like he said she said.
Billups get a pass.

RRR3
06-30-2021, 02:21 AM
Ttrolls strikes again. Yikes.

ImKobe
06-30-2021, 04:21 AM
Billups get a pass.

But Kobe doesn't, right?

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2021, 06:56 AM

what isnt reasonable about that?

and why do you not see its psychologically normal to not turn down the ride but not want to agree with being piped down by 3 strangers?

dreamshake
06-30-2021, 12:41 PM

:biggums:

FKAri
06-30-2021, 01:41 PM
Billups get a pass.

lol not at all. It's pretty damning. The only reason nothing might come of it is because they already settled out of court years ago so at this point it's just dragging his name through the mud.

dreamshake
06-30-2021, 02:10 PM
I saw the thread title and thought this was gonna be about the 2004 finals.

2004 finals rapist vs another rapist. NBA where rapes happen :biggums:

j3lademaster
06-30-2021, 03:21 PM
Billups get a pass.

I'm not trying to say she's some angel or it wasn't possible she had run-ins with Antoine's crew on two separate occasions with the intention of consensual sex, but at some point it went too far.

"On November 9, 1997, Jane Doe was at a comedy club with Antoine Walker, her on-again, off-again boyfriend. Also there were Billups and Ron Mercer, Walker's rookie teammates with the Boston Celtics, as well as two of his longtime friends and other women. Doe hadn't previously met Billups or Mercer, but was acquainted with Walker's friends.

Doe alleges that when the group was ready to leave, one of his friends told her that Walker wanted her to go back to the Celtics star's luxury condo in Waltham, MA. While Doe claims that Billups drove her, Mercer and one of the remaining men to Walker's home, Billups later told police that he was never at Walker's condo that night.

According to Billups, Doe initiated and performed consensual oral sex on him in his car, the full extent of their sexual interactions. Mercer also claimed he wasn't at Walker's home on November 9, instead telling law enforcement he'd received oral sex from Doe at Billups' house.

Doe, however, alleged she woke up naked the next morning in Walker's bed, an assertion for which Billups and Mercer offered no explanation to police.

Once at Walker's condo in Waltham, Doe reported that she was led to a bedroom where Billups and Mercer engaged in multiple "unwanted" sex acts on her. One of Walker's friends purportedly forced Doe to perform oral sex on him, at some point asking Billups and Mercer, "Yo, who wants some?"

Doe allegedly blacked out during the attack, waking on November 10 in bed with one of Walker's friends, naked amid used condoms and condom wrappers littered across the floor. She then quickly called a friend, saying, "Something bad happened."

Walker, for his part, denied Doe's allegation that he was asked to join in on the alleged rape, and claimed he never saw an assault take place at his residence.

Doe was admitted to the Boston Medical Center the day after the reported assault, a rape kit revealing injuries to her throat, cervix and rectum. There was also bruising on Doe's back, and semen was found inside of her."

j3lademaster
06-30-2021, 03:24 PM
2004 finals rapist vs another rapist. NBA where rapes happen :biggums:It's absolutely appalling the lack of empathy some people have for others.

ralph_i_el
06-30-2021, 06:40 PM

You settle out of court to keep her anonymous so she doesn't follow you around for the rest of your life, telling the same story (regardless of if it is true or not). That's why we never learned her name. Settling out of court is not admitting wrongdoing.

GOBB
06-30-2021, 07:03 PM
You settle out of court to keep her anonymous so she doesn't follow you around for the rest of your life, telling the same story (regardless of if it is true or not). That's why we never learned her name. Settling out of court is not admitting wrongdoing.

It’s more than settling out of court. Not only did they settle but the key part is NONE of them know what happened after their sexual encounter with her. Billups when questioned about how she ended up at Walker house in bed naked? He said he didn’t know. Ron Mercer when asked? He didn’t know. The only details given is from her. Yet none of them know what happened after that drive. Then you settle?

Same situation with Avery Bradley. Who settled out of court and part of the terms was the chick has a gag order. She can’t speak on the situation ever. So yeah in general settling out of court doesn’t mean you’re guilty. But when you involve context in this case? It’s suspect.

Read the details of this case. Billups has offered nothing besides “we had consensual oral sex in my car. After that I don’t know anything.”. Then settles. Hmmmm like I said

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2021, 07:37 PM
It’s more than settling out of court. Not only did they settle but the key part is NONE of them know what happened after their sexual encounter with her. Billups when questioned about how she ended up at Walker house in bed naked? He said he didn’t know. Ron Mercer when asked? He didn’t know. The only details given is from her. Yet none of them know what happened after that drive. Then you settle?

Same situation with Avery Bradley. Who settled out of court and part of the terms was the chick has a gag order. She can’t speak on the situation ever. So yeah in general settling out of court doesn’t mean you’re guilty. But when you involve context in this case? It’s suspect.

Read the details of this case. Billups has offered nothing besides “we had consensual oral sex in my car. After that I don’t know anything.”. Then settles. Hmmmm like I said

bingo.

pretty disgusting really.