PDA

View Full Version : Official 3Ball Victory Lap Thread for being right about Pippen

3ba11
06-30-2021, 02:39 PM
The following recording is from a lifelong Pippen fan that defended Pippen for years, but is now crying and "feeling like a scorned lover" and realizing he was wrong about Pippen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S9NOdvj1QY&t=0m49s

Pippen exposed himself as the fraud that I always said he was - a defensive role player that was carried to 6 titles - that's what the stats will always show..

The media was blinded by the winning spotlight and gave him a few extra all-nba awards just like they blindly gave Kobe all-defense awards later in his career - so any association with MJ inflates guys.

And1AllDay
06-30-2021, 02:44 PM
1-9

3ba11
06-30-2021, 02:52 PM
1-9

How many all-time greats shot 35% in a series as 1st option

Lebron

Anyone else?

RogueBorg
06-30-2021, 02:54 PM

Lebron

Anyone else?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/200.gif

And1AllDay
06-30-2021, 02:55 PM

Lebron

Anyone else?

even in a "victory lap" for mike you cant stop thinking about the king

very flattering

06-30-2021, 03:01 PM

Lebron

Anyone else?
I think Jerry stackhouse pulled this off in 2002

TheCorporation
06-30-2021, 03:19 PM

very flattering

/thread

8Ball
06-30-2021, 03:19 PM
This Scottie Pippen media tour is delicious:

"Jordan was selfish" :applause:

Pippen's new book is like another knife into Jordan's back, deservedly.

AirBonner
06-30-2021, 03:41 PM
Which 3ball? Pretty sure you are not allowed to have alt accounts. It’s time to ban op.

AlternativeAcc.
06-30-2021, 03:57 PM
You've been wrong about everything you've every posted on here, literally.

Pippen is now recognized as top 15 all time with Bill Russell like impact and leadership

You lose sir

StrongLurk
06-30-2021, 04:37 PM
Holy shit OP is so fukin deranged, Mods need to do him a serious favor and permaban his ass. I'm not joking, OP need some serious help.

red1
06-30-2021, 04:38 PM
congrats OP

doesnt change the no pip no chip narrative.

AlternativeAcc.
06-30-2021, 04:44 PM
Op posted a video of a guy who has pippen firmly in his top 25

"See ghuyz I'm righttt!!!"

:roll:

MadDog
06-30-2021, 05:04 PM
Holy shit OP is so fukin deranged, Mods need to do him a serious favor and permaban his ass. I'm not joking, OP need some serious help.

OP seems fairly knowledgeable on Jordan. Not much else beyond that though. Will claim something and say its 100% fact, then after being corrected, he'll cry
"generalities" and sarcasm. :oldlol: Pretty weak.

AirBonner
06-30-2021, 10:19 PM
pippens legacy definitely took a hit and its not a good week for lebron fans/jordan haters thats for sure

i had pippen 25th all time and after the last dance i bumped him out of my top 30. now i dunno if he belongs in the top 40

he is and always was a complete headcase. never changed

jordan needed him but only like how kobe needed a 2nd tier player like gasol... pippen isnt a 1b like wade/kyrie/davis

Another 3ball account

3ba11
07-15-2021, 07:33 PM
Mainstream media confirmation:

https://i.ibb.co/qBBHvB1/chrome-d-EXe-R4x-E8t.jpg

In the history of 3-pointer basketball (since 1980), Pippen has 3 of the 7 worst true shooting efficiencies for a winning playoff run, so he's the worst-scoring sidekick on a champion in history when you consider his worst-ever efficiency and weak PPG - no one else has a worse combination of PPG and efficiency than Pippen (weak PPG and worst-ever efficiency).

Hey Yo
07-15-2021, 07:39 PM
So why did MJ threaten to quit on the Bulls again if Pippen was traded??

"No Pip, I quit"

3ba11
07-15-2021, 07:45 PM

"No Pip, I quit"

He was too old to build another cast of single-digit rookies into champions (win organically).

Look how hard and long it took for Giannis to learn how to fit with teammates and elevate them - it's hard to win organically, and MJ didn't have enough time.

But the point is that he knew how to win (organic) because he did it twice - look how quickly he turned a .500 ballclub in 1995 into a 3-peat again.. But he didn't think he had enough time to do it again with new players..

So Jordan knew how to win (organic), while KD and Lebron only know how to team-hop... Although you can't knock KD - Lebron's super-teams from 2011-2016 were so unfair that it took a team-up with Curry/Klay to stop Lebron's deck-stacking

Hey Yo
07-15-2021, 08:02 PM
MJ said he wouldn't have comeback if Pippen was traded back to Seattle.

Then they were dangling Pippen for a top pick in the 97 draft cause Krause was eyeing McGrady. Once Mikey got word of that, he nixed the deal.

If Pippen sucked so bad, why did it come down to:

"No Pip, I quit"

3ba11
07-15-2021, 08:07 PM
MJ said he wouldn't have comeback if Pippen was traded back to Seattle.

Then they were dangling Pippen for a top pick in the 97 draft cause Krause was eyeing McGrady. Once Mikey got word of that, he nixed the deal.

If Pippen sucked so bad, why did it come down to:

"No Pip, I quit"

MJ is a horrific judge of talent and couldn't see that Kemp was far superior - Seattle and Krause knew it though, and both coveted Kemp over the garbage Pippen - Pippen is the worst-scoring sidekick on a champion in history when we consider his worst-ever efficiency and weak PPG

Kemp was a dominant 1st option on a Finals team and nearly won the 96' FMVP from MJ, while Pippen averaged 15 on 34% and nearly caused an upset loss

Hey Yo
07-15-2021, 08:40 PM
MJ is a horrific judge of talent and couldn't see that Kemp was far superior - Seattle and Krause knew it though, and both coveted Kemp over the garbage Pippen - Pippen is the worst-scoring sidekick on a champion in history when we consider his worst-ever efficiency and weak PPG

Kemp was a dominant 1st option on a Finals team and nearly won the 96' FMVP from MJ, while Pippen averaged 15 on 34% and nearly caused an upset loss

It had nothing to do with judging talent and everything to do with MJ losing his security blanket. He didnt want to be out his comfort zone w/o Pip. He knew how important Pip was. That why there were multiple times where it came down to:

"No Pip, I quit"

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2021, 08:58 PM
Pippen outscored the opponents 2nd option in 19 of 24 playoff series, 2 of which were 1st round series the Bulls were heavily favored to win. So bash Pippen all you want, all you do is illustrate how weak Jordan's era was :lol

coastalmarker99
07-15-2021, 09:05 PM
Pippen outscored the opponents 2nd option in 19 of 24 playoff series, 2 of which were 1st round series the Bulls were heavily favored to win. So bash Pippen all you want, all you do is illustrate how weak Jordan's era was :lol

Do you have his stats and the opponents 2nd option in 19 of those 24 playoff series stats as well as i would really like to see it.

And1AllDay
07-15-2021, 09:09 PM

very flattering

bannngg!!

3ba11
07-15-2021, 09:22 PM

Pippen was outscored in 11 of 33 series as a Bull, and Jordan overcame 5 of them..

But Pippen's efficiency was worst-ever, so he frequently outscored someone by 0.4 points but shot 15% less, such as 16.6 on 39% versus 16.2 on 55% for Smits in the 98' ECF - Pippen's weak scoring and worst-ever efficiency makes him the worst-scoring sidekick ever (among winning sidekicks).

It's simply GOAT to three-peat with a sidekick averaging 17.6 on 41%, or three-peat in 93' with a sidekick shooting worse than nearly every winning sidekick in history (50.4 TS), and the lowest sidekick BPM, PER and WS/48 ever for a winning playoff run.

8Ball
07-15-2021, 09:25 PM

"No Pip, I quit"

What the **** do you mean threaten to quit?

He did quit in 1998 when he knew Pippen was gone.

No pip
No chip

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2021, 09:29 PM
Pippen was outscored in 11 of 33 series as a Bull, and Jordan overcame 5 of them..

But Pippen's efficiency was worst-ever, so he frequently outscored someone by 0.4 points but shot 15% less, such as 16.6 on 39% versus 16.2 on 55% for Smits in the 98' ECF - Pippen's weak scoring and worst-ever efficiency makes him the worst-scoring sidekick ever (among winning sidekicks).

It's simply GOAT to three-peat with a sidekick averaging 17.6 on 41%, or three-peat in 93' with a sidekick shooting worse than nearly every winning sidekick in history (50.4 TS), and the lowest sidekick BPM, PER and WS/48 ever for a winning playoff run.
You're right, I meant to specify during their title runs, so 19 of 24 series during their championship runs. You can harp on efficiency, but the fact Pippen scored more AND was a better defender than virtually all of their opposing 2nd options shows Pip was clearly the best 2nd option in the vast majority of these series. So if Pippen sucks to this extent, all it does is amplify how trash Jordan's era was

deathawaitu
07-15-2021, 09:40 PM

Lebron

Anyone else?

3ball with the instant slay lol

Lebron stan meltdown incoming

Hey Yo
07-15-2021, 09:54 PM
What the **** do you mean threaten to quit?

He did quit in 1998 when he knew Pippen was gone.

No pip
No chip

Pippen was put up for trade before the 98 draft looking for a top pick. MJ didnt re-sign until Aug of 97'. If Pip would have been traded, MJ would surely have walked away again. He's the one who told Krause to take Pip off the trade block.

And1AllDay
07-15-2021, 10:03 PM

+1 i bet the bran threads die down after he is put in asylum

3ba11
07-15-2021, 10:17 PM
You're right, I meant to specify during their title runs, so 19 of 24 series during their championship runs. You can harp on efficiency, but the fact Pippen scored more AND was a better defender than virtually all of their opposing 2nd options shows Pip was clearly the best 2nd option in the vast majority of these series. So if Pippen sucks to this extent, all it does is amplify how trash Jordan's era was

Almost no one wins the Finals if their sidekick has poor efficiency, regardless of scoring..

Yet Jordan won numerous Finals and beat many top 5 SRS teams with Pippen completely wetting the bed with stats like 16 on 39% - only Jordan beat a bunch of top teams times with his sidekick playing like that - it was a standard expectation and taken for granted.

Pippen is the only sidekick with multiple rings that never averaged 25 in the Finals or won FMVP, except for Gasol... But Pippen's worst-ever efficiency on top of weak scoring makes him the worst-scoring sidekick in history, among winning sidekicks...

And the non-championship years count because MJ's historic upset in 89' reversed the fortunes of the Bulls and Cavs' franchises - again, show me where someone beat the #1 SRS team with 15 on 40% from a sidekick.. I'll wait. If a sidekick does that against a top team, an automatic loss is expected, except for Jordan.

MadDog
07-15-2021, 10:34 PM
From 96-98, Playoff Pippen's scoring to efficiency ratio......was terrible. No other way to put it. He was outscored and shot by Penny in 96. Payton in 96 (or Kemp depending who you think was #2). Outscored by Tracy Murray and Juwon Howard in 97. Outscored by Tim Hardaway in 97 (but was more efficient). Outscored and shot by Sherman Douglas in 98. Averaged 1 more point than Rik Smits in 98 (but was outshot by +15%).

Brutal. Pippen was elite on defense and a very good playmaker. But some of the players mentioned were elite in other areas too. Just like rebounding, playmaking and defending.

ClipperRevival
07-15-2021, 10:44 PM
3ball is now referring to himself in the third person.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/317740c8827dfbd708782051eebab117/tenor.gif?itemid=4823415