PDA

View Full Version : Can Atlanta beat Phoenix?

Im Still Ballin
06-30-2021, 11:58 PM
It's a really interesting matchup. Atlanta might not have a 1-2 like Phoenix, but they've got a better 3-4-5-6-7 -- Capella, Collins, Bogdanovic, Huerter, Gallo.

...And Trae might just be the best player in the series, so there's that, too.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-30-2021, 11:59 PM
What makes Capela or Collins better than Ayton?

Bridges isn't much worse than their wings if at all either.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 12:00 AM
Yes if Trae is healthy but why are we acting like the Hawks are in the finals? I’m not confident in their ability to beat the Bucks without Giannis two more times if Trae doesn’t play. They did it once but two more times? Hopefully Trae is good to go in game 5.

MrFonzworth
07-01-2021, 12:02 AM
Lou Williams too. If the hawks win it's safe to say the real runner ups are the 76ers just like in 2019

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2021, 12:06 AM
I see it being a fun matchup, but not a close one.

Phoenix has been much more consistent shooting the ball these playoffs, and theyre more athletic on the wing. If Collins and Capella can push Ayton around in the paint that might keep things close, but honestly I dont really see Atlanta with a chance.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 12:07 AM
They have the best player on both teams in Trae. It's just a matter of how Capella\Okong can do guarding Ayton and Reddish on Booker.

That would be a GOAT lite finals MVP for Trae if in his first playoff run he can eliminate Chris Paul.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 12:08 AM
Yes if Trae is healthy but why are we acting like the Hawks are in the finals? I’m not confident in their ability to beat the Bucks without Giannis two more times if Trae doesn’t play. They did it once but two more times? Hopefully Trae is good to go in game 5.

Trae is questionable for tomorrow.

Giannis is pretty much out for playoffs.

Have to favor Hawks to win the series in 7 if Trae returns by game 6 but i think Trae returns tomorrow and they close it in 6

lakerstekkenn
07-01-2021, 12:20 AM
The Suns beat both teams Greek Freak is out unless he gets a miracle healing.

Shaquille O'Neal
07-01-2021, 02:06 AM
God I hope so. Rooting for whoever comes out of the east. Can't root for CPFlop.

Thenameless
07-01-2021, 02:09 AM
Any of these final four teams can beat each other. No sweeps kind of shows that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 02:11 AM
Any of these final four teams can beat each other. No sweeps kind of shows that.

Final four? :yaohappy:

What time zone you in babyboi?

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 02:17 AM
Yes. Atlanta has the size to match up with Ayton and they have 4 other guys besides Trae that can create their own shot and knock down 3s, it would be an interesting series match-up wise and I'm not sure which team I'd pick yet.

nayte
07-01-2021, 03:35 AM
I'm leaning sun's but depends on how trae is. Could see him going off and winning the series for them

coin24
07-01-2021, 03:45 AM
Will be hilarious to watch cfloppio lose in the finals :lol

nayte
07-01-2021, 03:51 AM
Had to have a laugh at him swearing on TV he was so happy . Good for him

NBAGOAT
07-01-2021, 04:44 AM
i think you're underrating ayton bridges a bit. ayton is as good as capela and bridges is very impactful.

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 10:08 AM
It's a really interesting matchup. Atlanta might not have a 1-2 like Phoenix, but they've got a better 3-4-5-6-7 -- Capella, Collins, Bogdanovic, Huerter, Gallo.

Hell no

lakerstekkenn
07-01-2021, 12:45 PM
Nope, only with injuries can the Hawks beat the Suns.

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Atlanta overachieved a bit due to matchups IMO. Knicks were measurably inferior in talent, Sixers and Bucks had very questionable playing/coaching. The main thing for Atlanta has been hangin around long enough for their opponents to beat themselves. Which their opponents obliged. But Atlanta's own level hasn't been that high.

The Suns arent gonna beat themselves. They eliminated Lebron (albeit heavily injury) then beat very strong Nuggets and Clippers teams in convincing fashion. The Suns are playing very high level basketball. Not perfect, but much higher than NYK, PHI, and MIL. And higher than Atlanta, too.

I'll be rooting for LeTrae, but objectively Atlanta are concrete underdogs. If the series even goes six I'd be surprised. If Atlanta wins, I'd eat my hat.

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Atlanta overachieved a bit due to matchups IMO. Knicks were measurably inferior in talent, Sixers and Bucks had very questionable playing/coaching. The main thing for Atlanta has been hangin around long enough for their opponents to beat themselves. Which their opponents obliged. But Atlanta's own level hasn't been that high.

The Suns arent gonna beat themselves. They eliminated Lebron (albeit heavily injury) then beat very strong Nuggets and Clippers teams in convincing fashion. The Suns are playing very high level basketball. Not perfect, but much higher than NYK, PHI, and MIL. And higher than Atlanta, too.

I'll be rooting for LeTrae, but objectively Atlanta are concrete underdogs. If the series even goes six I'd be surprised. If Atlanta wins, I'd eat my hat.

A well-measured analysis. Where did you graduate?

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2021, 04:06 PM
A well-measured analysis. Where did you graduate?

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3043000/altimages/ff_3043831alt1_full.jpg&w=900

https://media1.tenor.com/images/feeb0cf0a17df20abcf904da9aa5dc65/tenor.gif?itemid=11836348

Wally450
07-01-2021, 04:37 PM
I don't know if Atlanta with Trae not at 100% can beat Phoenix. Even with a healthy Trae it would be tough.

Ice Trae
07-01-2021, 05:48 PM

Can? They will.

Mask the Embiid
07-01-2021, 06:15 PM
yeah they can beat em. Cp3 cant just do whatever he wants and get whatever shot he wants vs capela like he can vs slow footed bigmen. I don't see how they will slow down booker unless cam gets in a defensive groove.

Now the bucks....the bucks stand no chance without giannis. They would get swept by the suns. Chris would have brook lopez looking like boban out there on defense.....i mean he'd really just humiliate him with nutmegs, bouncing the ball off his head, shamgods, all types of sht (etc). It would be a real massacre

Mask the Embiid
07-01-2021, 06:19 PM
Lou Williams too. If the hawks win it's safe to say the real runner ups are the 76ers just like in 2019

NBA fans are stupid so they don't understand this...Joel Embiid is practically a 2-time nba Finals finalist(if the hawks beat the suns in under 7). He always takes the champs to the brink of elimination