PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think the Clippers window to win a title will be open for.

coastalmarker99
07-01-2021, 12:26 AM
Kawhi is only getting older with each passing year and those knees of his are starting to fall apart so next year I think is going to be the last year of the Clippers window so I am a bit disappointed that Kawhi didn't want to play in this series.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 12:41 AM
- Kawhi is like a 1998 version of Michael Jordan and will stay that way for the next 5\6 years, doesn't rely on speed. Look at Durant, he hasn't declined a bit in his 30's and unlike Kawhi he actually has had major surgery.

- George will stay an elite jump shooter 20PPG scorer

- Ibaka will be more comfortable and healthy next season

- elite playoff coach

I say they will be just fine and still win 2-3 rings with this group.

Clippers\Hawks finals in the 2020s will be like Warriors\Cavs in the 2010's. Chris Paul is the one with the closing window, not 30 year old Kawhi.

MrFonzworth
07-01-2021, 12:42 AM
It was never open because they gave the keys to a primadonna who wants to load manage playoff games instead of playing

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 12:45 AM
They have a top 5 coach and top 5 depth in the league

If Kawhis degenerative knees don't get worse they should be top 3-5 contenders for a few more years

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Kawhi is only getting older with each passing year and those knees of his are starting to fall apart so next year I think is going to be the last year of the Clippers window so I am a bit disappointed that Kawhi didn't want to play in this series.

You normally don't like Kawhi but you're that upset that Chris Paul is in the finals huh? relax, trae is a generational playoff performer and will leave Paul in his dust.

Code Breaker
07-01-2021, 12:47 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 01:42 AM
2-3 more years. Kawhi just turned 30 and PG is 31, they're going to play at a high level for a few more years so anything is possible I guess, but not if the Lakers are healthy and if the Warriors retool their roster.

Micku
07-01-2021, 01:49 AM
Their best chance was this year imo. If not for Kawhi's injury, then I think they could've done it.

Next year the Nets would be healthy. Lakers would be rested. GSW will retool. Denver is their kryptonite and they likely gonna get better and healthy. And who knows what sort of trades will occur.

Kawhi plays like secondpeat MJ. So, I think his skills would age gracefully as long as he doesn't suffer any nagging injuries. PG tho, I dunno.

Thenameless
07-01-2021, 01:56 AM
- Kawhi is like a 1998 version of Michael Jordan and will stay that way for the next 5\6 years, doesn't rely on speed. Look at Durant, he hasn't declined a bit in his 30's and unlike Kawhi he actually has had major surgery.

- George will stay an elite jump shooter 20PPG scorer

- Ibaka will be more comfortable and healthy next season

- elite playoff coach

I say they will be just fine and still win 2-3 rings with this group.

You say 2-3 rings like it's nothing. There's the Lakers, the Suns, the Nuggets, and the Jazz just in the West. You've got some pretty mean monsters in the East too. Rings are not easy to come by.

nayte
07-01-2021, 04:00 AM
Couple more years. It was an unlucky accident but I don't see why they won't be contenders for a few more years yet

lakerstekkenn
07-01-2021, 01:00 PM
With their new owner who actually wants to win and their players who actually compete and want rings championships with the Clippers and not just one banner, the Clippers with this core can make a run for the next 4 years while trying to upgrade their roll players filing in weaknesses even without Kawhi, the Clippers will be a threat to everyone else if they can replace Kawhi with veteran roll players that can score; play defense, the Suns are young with roll players that know their games and they made it to the finals so the Clippers could also make the finals by knocking off the Suns next year, if they add the correct pieces over the summer, even with Kawhi getting injuries and not able to give them 30 a game even 20 would be enough.