5. C. Paul (+2 today)
6. B. Cousy
7. J. Stockton
8. S. Nash
9. J. Kidd
10. W. Frazier

RRR3
07-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Isiah Thomas is the most overrated player of all time. Over Oscar and CP3 Lmaoooo

Proctor
07-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Chris Paul...plus two.........????????????....today......LMFAO

:yaohappy:

scuzzy
07-01-2021, 12:47 AM
1. M. Johnson
2. S. Curry
3. I. Thomas
4. O. Robertson
5. C. Paul (+2 today)
6. B. Cousy
7. J. Stockton
8. S. Nash
9. J. Kidd
10. W. Frazier

That's a historically friendly list

Truth is they're 10 pg's in todays league that are better than everyone on that list sans Magic

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 12:47 AM
Magic
Oscar
CP3
Steph
Zeke
Frazier
Stockton
Nash
Kidd
Payton

Shooter
07-01-2021, 12:48 AM
There is no reality where Isiah is better than CP3.

Code Breaker
07-01-2021, 12:48 AM
Wait until he wins a ring and possibly FMVP first lol.

L.Kizzle
07-01-2021, 12:49 AM
1. M. Johnson
2. S. Curry
3. I. Thomas
4. O. Robertson
5. C. Paul (+2 today)
6. B. Cousy
7. J. Stockton
8. S. Nash
9. J. Kidd
10. W. Frazier
+2 for making the Finals?
What if he wins, is that 2 more spots?
Oscar at the lowest is #3 tho.

Shooter
07-01-2021, 12:51 AM
+2 for making the Finals?
What if he wins, is that 2 more spots?
Oscar at the lowest is #3 tho.

I go

Magic
Oscar
Curry
CP3
Stockton

RRR3
07-01-2021, 12:53 AM
I go

Magic
Oscar
Curry
CP3
Stockton
Close to mine. I think Curry is over Oscar though. And I might put Nash in over Stockton.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 12:55 AM
I go

Magic
Oscar
Curry
CP3
Stockton

5500 posts in a year.

You don't go anywhere babyboi :milton:yaohappy:

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 12:56 AM
and where does Trae rank if he averages 30\10 for the playoffs, wins finals MVP, and eliminates Chris Paul all in his first playoff run?

Shooter
07-01-2021, 12:57 AM
Close to mine. I think Curry is over Oscar though. And I might put Nash in over Stockton.

I'm close on Nash/Stockton too. Flip a coin

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2021, 01:08 AM
CP3 getting moved up in the rankings for this run is a joke. All 3 opponents he faced had significant injuries, he was absolute trash against the Lakers, he was terrible the first 3 games of this series, and he didn't even play during the first 2 wins of this series. Fans seriously put WAY too much emphasis on team results when ranking players

HBK_Kliq_2
07-01-2021, 01:10 AM

Trae is already 2 wins away from passing Nash

RRR3
07-01-2021, 01:11 AM
CP3 getting moved up in the rankings for this run is a joke. All 3 opponents he faced had significant injuries, he was absolute trash against the Lakers, he was terrible the first 3 games of this series, and he didn't even play during the first 2 wins of this series. Fans seriously put WAY too much emphasis on team results when ranking players
It’s true lol he’s past his prime too. He just had decent luck for once this year. I have him the same place as I always had him, 4th on the all time PG list. No case over Magic or Curry. I don’t think anyone considers CP3 better than Oscar either but I could see the argument at least given Oscar’s relative lack of postseason success (not that CP3 has a ton either, but he has been unlucky as ****. I’m not old enough to know the context of Oscar’s playoff series)

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 01:29 AM
Isiah Thomas is the most overrated player of all time. Over Oscar and CP3 Lmaoooo

How is he overrated again? He won B2B titles and was an ankle injury from potentially winning 3 in a row. He put up 43 pts 8 ast 6 stls on a bum ****ing ankle (25 points in the 3rd on one leg) in a Finals close-out game on the road and his team lost the game by a single point, where Laimbeer gets called for a BS foul on Kareem, which leads to game-winning FTs for KAJ off the missed skyhook that Bill defended as well as anyone could... All you have with CP0 is that if he doesn't **** up his hamstring, maybe his team doesn't blow a 3 - 2 lead against the Warriors and he'd still have to beat Lebron in the Finals.

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2021, 01:32 AM
How is he overrated again? He won B2B titles and was an ankle injury from potentially winning 3 in a row. He put up 43 pts 8 ast 6 stls on a bum ****ing ankle (25 points in the 3rd on one leg) in a Finals close-out game on the road and his team lost the game by a single point, where Laimbeer gets called for a BS foul on Kareem, which leads to game-winning FTs for KAJ off the missed skyhook that Bill defended as well as anyone could... All you have with CP0 is that if he doesn't **** up his hamstring, maybe his team doesn't blow a 3 - 2 lead against the Warriors and he'd still have to beat Lebron in the Finals.
Do you really think Isiah's leading any of CP3's teams to a title? Or that CP3 doesn't win at least one title with the Pistons?

coin24
07-01-2021, 01:33 AM
and where does Trae rank if he averages 30\10 for the playoffs, wins finals MVP, and eliminates Chris Paul all in his first playoff run?

:lol

By the standards and short memories in this thread obviously that makes Trae #1 point god obviously :lol

RRR3
07-01-2021, 01:35 AM
Meltdown.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 01:36 AM

LOL that first title was with Magic, Kareem and Byron all hurt and/or out for the series.

The Celtics were finished and Bird was out that whole year.

Zeke for those 2 titles wasn't much better than Chauncey Billups when Detroit went to b2b finals. Both a part of stacked defensive casts with a top 10 all time coach. Both hit big shots and ran the offense well with big moments but their level of play wasn't that far apart. Zeke was obviously better than Chauncey but he wasn't playing at some historic level for those titles.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 01:37 AM
Do you really think Isiah's leading any of CP3's teams to a title? Or that CP3 doesn't win at least one title with the Pistons?

Yes? CP3 played with stacked Clippers rosters and choked in B2B years, are we really going to argue otherwise here? How do you blow a double-digit 4th quarter lead and end up losing the quarter 15 - 40 against Josh ****ing Smith and Corey Brewer in a close-out game at home? With Harden not even playing a second in that quarter? :kobe: :kobe:

imdaman99
07-01-2021, 01:37 AM
lol you don't rise to near the top by getting to the finals. Seal the deal and then we can talk.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2021, 01:40 AM
Don't see moving CP3 up the list being a joke. Big stretch, but if he were to win FMVP, that's big for his legacy.

We can point to injuries, but injuries are a big reason this isn't his second finals run.

You can only beat who's in front of you.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 01:40 AM
LOL that first title was with Magic, Kareem and Byron all hurt and/or out for the series.

The Celtics were finished and Bird was out that whole year.

Zeke for those 2 titles wasn't much better than Chauncey Billups when Detroit went to b2b finals. Both a part of stacked defensive casts with a top 10 all time coach. Both hit big shots and ran the offense well with big moments but their level of play wasn't that far apart. Zeke was obviously better than Chauncey but he wasn't playing at some historic level for those titles.

He still had to beat the GOAT in a series to get to the Finals.. He outscored MJ in the close-out game on the road.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2021, 01:42 AM
He still had to beat the GOAT in a series to get to the Finals.. He outscored MJ in the close-out game on the road.

Bulls supporting cast was ass cheeks and you know it. Ho Grant and Pip were rookies and not those guys yet. Bill Cartwright was their 2nd option :roll:

Laimbeers dirty ass also elbowed Pippen and he basically missed all of game 6.

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2021, 01:43 AM
Yes? CP3 played with stacked Clippers rosters and choked in B2B years, are we really going to argue otherwise here? How do you blow a double-digit 4th quarter lead and end up losing the quarter 15 - 40 against Josh ****ing Smith and Corey Brewer in a close-out game at home? With Harden not even playing a second in that quarter? :kobe: :kobe:

I don't think Isiah's beating the '14 Spurs or '15 Warriors with those Clippers teams. CP3's much more likely to win with the Pistons. And sure, he beat Jordan but the Bulls were a significantly weaker team, and Jordan was quite subpar for his standards over the final 3 games of the '89 series

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 01:45 AM
Bulls supporting cast was ass cheeks and you know it. Ho Grant and Pip were rookies and not those guys yet. Bill Cartwright was their 2nd option :roll:

Jordan was at his apex, that beating the Bulls is still more impressive than any win the Suns had this post-season. Lakers with AD and KCP injured, with a year 18 Lebron coming off ankle injury? :kobe: Denver without Murray, with MPJ injured as well? :kobe: Clippers without Kawhi and Ibaka, with Morris getting hurt and with Zubac having a season-ending injury as well? :kobe: :kobe:

RRR3
07-01-2021, 01:55 AM
Poor ImKobe. Scared CP3 will pass his guy on the GOAT list.

Thenameless
07-01-2021, 02:06 AM

Oh, he'd certainly rise, that's for sure. One thing though, Atlanta is doing pretty well without him right now, so they must be a pretty good team too.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 02:13 AM
Poor ImKobe. Scared CP3 will pass his guy on the GOAT list.

CP3 has 0 shot at making top 10, much less top 25 all-time.

tanibanana
07-01-2021, 02:13 AM
There is no reality where Isiah is better than CP3.
Zeke is the only player with winning record against Jordan/Bird/Magic.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 02:14 AM

Zeke did more than Paul, and in less time. Only Magic and Steph are better. Big O is overrated and a Westbrook type player. Triple-doubles are neat but they don't move the needle.

Shooter
07-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Zeke is the only player with winning record against Jordan/Bird/Magic.

True but that's mainly a team achievement wouldn't you say? Since he had a very balanced team.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 02:49 AM
I've had Chris Paul in the top 5 for years now, no changes to my list after tonight's game

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Curry
4. CP3
5. Nash

MadDog
07-01-2021, 03:02 AM
Nash and Paul > Isiah Thomas is criminal. Zeke led 2 teams to championships. Including a playoff run averaging 20/8/6 on 45/45/80, to go along with a finals of 28/7/5/2 on 54/69/74. Why is he being penalized for doing more in LESS time? :confusedshrug:

RRR3
07-01-2021, 03:09 AM
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRANNNNNNNGGGGGGZZZZZ
:facepalm

MadDog
07-01-2021, 03:11 AM
:facepalm

So, where in that post did I only mention rings? :confusedshrug: Up your comprehension.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 03:12 AM
So, where in that post did I only mention rings? :confusedshrug: Up your comprehension.
CP3 and Nash have put up better stats in the playoffs. Your only argument is rangzzzzz

MadDog
07-01-2021, 03:12 AM
the other day you were saying this playoff is the all time worst and has no significance due to all the injuries. and now you're vaulting paul above nash lmao

nash with this suns team probly makes the finals too. and if not for that BS spurs series he probly gets a ring during a real era

paulina isn't above nash. no way in hell

that flopping f*ggot isn't half the man nash is. if paul got thrown into that scorers table and had his nose broken in half he would still be flopping from it to this day

You're flipping out over Nash? He's got CP3 AND Nash over Isiah Thomas. :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:13 AM
Nash and Paul > Isiah Thomas is criminal. Zeke led 2 teams to championships. Including a playoff run averaging 20/8/6 on 45/45/80, to go along with a finals of 28/7/5/2 on 54/69/74. Why is he being penalized for doing more in LESS time? :confusedshrug:

Personally for me Isiah is a pretty inefficient scorer when compared to the other greats and his defense was nothing to brag about, peak Nash was a superior offensive player & CP3 is a much more well-rounded PG than Isiah, better shooter, more efficient, & better defender.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:15 AM
the other day you were saying this playoff is the all time worst and has no significance due to all the injuries. and now you're vaulting paul above nash lmao

You're an idiot, did you even read what I said? "I've had CP3 in my top 5 for years, no changes to my list after tonight's game".

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:17 AM
personally for me. you're an idiot

go watch game 6 of the 1988 finals again and take your blinders off f*ggot

Go watch Isiah defeat an injured Lakers team with no Magic & no Byron Scott in '89. :oldlol:

Isiah didn't even make an All-NBA team when Detroit was winning those chips.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 03:17 AM
CP3 and Nash have put up better stats in the playoffs. Your only argument is rangzzzzz

When did they ever put up a better finals? Prime Isiah outscores Nash in his best years too. Your argument basically hinges on meaningless longevity. Zeke was a better leader of men, and accomplished more in less time.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:19 AM
that makes it even worse though

is your scale based on flopping? well maybe it is since your idol is lebron

Just by watching them play, Isiah had a broken jumper and couldn't defend, obviously a very good PG, but he had the efficiency of Gary Payton, he wasn't an elite scorer by any means.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:24 AM
was there rigging from the refs in that series or just injuries

and game 6 by zeke in 88 is about his all time great performance on 1 leg retard. how the hell can you even bring up injuries as a counter argument lmao

'88 Finals, Isiah before that game 6...

game 1: 6 of 16 shooting
game 2: 5 of 14 shooting
game 3: 10 of 21 shooting
game 4: 2 of 7 shooting
game 5: 4 of 13 shooting

Like I said, inefficient when compared to guys like CP3 & Nash and his defense wasn't a plus, but since you are a casual you probably didn't know Isiah was having a horrfic series up until game 6.

nayte
07-01-2021, 03:26 AM
Seems like people's rankings are all over the place. Some by stats some by team achievements and they flip flop with each player all over the place.lol

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:28 AM
this dude says isiah thomas not making all nba teams that were voted on by people that loathed the bad boy pistons is proof of how sh*tty zeke was

:lol

well maybe it was due to there being guys like jordan in the league... or stockton... or drexler... or magic???

i guess if you don't beat one of them out for a spot you must suck huh

:oldlol:

Isiah couldn't even make All-NBA teams over Stockton, Kevin Johnson, Dale Ellis, & Mark Price. Prime CP3 would make those teams easily.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:31 AM
based on that logic lebron has a broken jumper

again. try watching some actual games. you're probly the most casual fan ever which makes it hard to believe you can spend so much time talking basketball online

its almost like you're just 100% lebron agenda all day every day and you were actually born in 1998 and grew up knowing nothing outside of lebron highlights ...

zeke was a really good midrange jumpshooter out to 14 feet.. his form being different means absolutely f*ck all

The other day you said I was 60, lmao. Difference is LeBron is a once in a generation athlete with elite size, he is the greatest finisher at the rim ever, all-time great defender at his peak, an all-time great passer, & his efficiency & scoring ability shits on Isiah any day of the week.

nayte
07-01-2021, 03:32 AM
Depends on what team he was on as you know the record makes a difference but for sure he would be first team and at worst second playing against them.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:33 AM
again. whos voting dale ellis over zeke and why did it coincide with the badboys rise to championship level and its highest peak in terms of hatred

because zekes stats aren't much different than mark price and dale ellis putting up 20 or so on some .500 team in seattle sure as hell wasn't more deserving either

Maybe because the voters realized Isiah was overrated, just like your boy Kobe.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:35 AM

Like I said, inefficient when compared to guys like CP3 & Nash and his defense wasn't a plus, but since you are a casual you probably didn't know Isiah was having a horrfic series up until game 6.

Of course kenneth totally ignores this post, just like he ignores Kobe's Finals stats. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-01-2021, 03:36 AM
When did they ever put up a better finals? Prime Isiah outscores Nash in his best years too. Your argument basically hinges on meaningless longevity. Zeke was a better leader of men, and accomplished more in less time.
He accomplished more because he basically played with the East All-Star team lmao.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2021, 03:37 AM
cp3 was top 5 before this run which isnt hugely impressive. He's had some standout games however and still been maybe phoenix's best player when playing since booker has been a bit inconsistent too(ayton's been really good)

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:38 AM
I'm a dumbass

agreed

RRR3
07-01-2021, 03:42 AM
agreed
:roll:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:45 AM
then why did kobe make 22 first teams combined

na it was just more BS like the phantom laimbeer foul on kareem that saved your idol from a losing finals record

Maybe if Isiah didn't shit the bed in the first 5 games then Detroit wouldn't have been in that situation.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 03:49 AM
so its ok to rig a series if a player underperforms ... oh wait i forgot again.. you're a lebron fan so you're used to that preferential treatment

Poor Isiah, shoots like Kobe in '88, then finally beats a crippled Lakers team in '89 but doesn't come up with Finals MVP in that series.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2021, 03:50 AM
maybe in terms of skill but then tmac is probly top 10 all time overall so we should just stick to career comparisons

and in that case no. paul is not top 5

tragic, oscar, west, zeke and cousy have all done much much much much much much much more

you can say paul is more talented than any of these guys. but talent only takes you so far. the mental part of the game is what paul lacks.

cp3 has longevity tmac doesnt that's a huge difference. cousy had 3 guys on those celtics teams more important than him come on now lol. Isiah has already been discussed

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 03:56 AM
Maybe if Isiah didn't shit the bed in the first 5 games then Detroit wouldn't have been in that situation.

Game 1: 19/3/12 4 stls in a 12-point win on the road
Game 2: 13/4/7/1 in a 12-pt loss, played only 37 minutes as he fouled out
Game 3: 28/7/9/3 in a 13-point home loss, this is the game that could have turned the series heavily in Detroit's favour, but his teammates struggled scoring
Game 4: 10/9/12 in a 25-point blowout home win, only played 36 minutes
Game 5: 15/5/8/2 in a 10-point home win

Context MATTERS. He didn't play poorly in a loss that might have swung the entire series here, unless you expected the Pistons to win both road games @LA against an ATG Lakers' squad. He had 28/7/9 with 3 steals in a game that would have put his team up 2 - 1 and would have set up a potential 3 - 1 lead with Game 5 at home, but it didn't happen.

And again, he had 43 pts 8 ast 6 stls in a game where he injured his ankle and where his team lost because the refs wanted to push the series to 7 games. If Laimbeer does not get called for a foul there, the series is almost certainly over and we're talking about one of the great title runs by a "little guy" in NBA history, he was that close to beating Jordan, Bird and Magic in their primes in the same year.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:00 AM
Game 1: 19/3/12 4 stls in a 12-point win on the road
Game 2: 13/4/7/1 in a 12-pt loss, played only 37 minutes as he fouled out
Game 3: 28/7/9/3 in a 13-point home loss, this is the game that could have turned the series heavily in Detroit's favour, but his teammates struggled scoring
Game 4: 10/9/12 in a 25-point blowout home win, only played 36 minutes
Game 5: 15/5/8/2 in a 10-point home win

10 points in 36 minutes, 15 points, & 13 points in 37 minutes. You just helped my argument. That is some crappy play.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 04:03 AM
10 points in 36 minutes, 15 points, & 13 points in 37 minutes. You just helped my argument. That is some crappy play.

How is that helping your case? It was a blowout victory, he didn't need to score nor play more than 36 minutes. So now his Finals was terrible because he he one bad road game, in where he played in foul trouble? You're as delusional as they come, and clearly have not watched a second of that series :kobe: .

RRR3
07-01-2021, 04:04 AM

38% yikes

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:05 AM
The fact that the Pistons had a 3-2 lead despite Isiah playing like trash should tell you how good of a team Detroit was, they could go 9 deep, were well coached, & they were known mostly for their defense.

Isiah wasn't close to defeating Bird, Magic, & MJ in the same year, that Detroit team was. Isiah was a tier below all of those players.

1987_Lakers
38% yikes

Kobe esque.

RRR3
The fact that the Pistons had a 3-2 lead despite Isiah playing like trash should tell you how good of a team Detroit was, they could go 9 deep, were well coached, & they were known mostly for their defense.

Isiah wasn't close to defeating Bird, Magic, & MJ in the same year, that Detroit team was. Isiah was a tier below all of those players.
Kobe stans don’t understand context. Rangz are all that matters to their feeble minds.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:08 AM
He accomplished more because he basically played with the East All-Star team lmao.

So did Magic, Kareem, Doc, Moses, Bird, Mchale and all the heavy-hitters of the 80s. Isiah also beat stacked teams, so what is your point? :confusedshrug:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:08 AM
How is that helping your case? It was a blowout victory, he didn't need to score nor play more than 36 minutes. So now his Finals was terrible because he he one bad road game, in where he played in foul trouble? You're as delusional as they come, and clearly have not watched a second of that series :kobe: .

Chris Paul just dropped 41 points in 35 minutes in a blowout, am I supposed to be impressed with 10 points in 36 minutes and also shooting like trash? GTFO.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:09 AM
5 for 7 > 4 for 9

thats why they called him tragic

Magic has 5 rings.

Woops

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2021, 04:11 AM
yeah and the 1919 reds are world series champions
If you count the '02 ring '88 def counts

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 04:13 AM

Ok, so why did they lose when he had 28/7/9/3? or 43/3/8/6? :kobe:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:14 AM
Ok, so why did they lose when he had 28/7/9/3? or 43/3/8/6? :kobe:

Why did they win when he played like trash?

RRR3
07-01-2021, 04:14 AM
If you count the '02 ring '88 def counts

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:15 AM
another post that exposes you for not watching anything related to basketball

paul literally padded 20 of his 41 after the clippers had given up. which is why a shoving match started. he was showing them up. the clippers checked out and literally zero defense was being played. paul was shooting uncontested 5 footers for f*ck sakes.

Isiah was the biggest ass out there, if he could pad his stats he would, problem was he couldn't shoot like CP3, not even close.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 04:16 AM
So did Magic, Kareem, Doc, Moses, Bird, Mchale and all the heavy-hitters of the 80s. Isiah also beat stacked teams, so what is your point? :confusedshrug:
Those teams were known for their defense. That’s how they won. Isiah wasn’t even known as a great defender.

ImKobe
Chris Paul just dropped 41 points in 35 minutes in a blowout, am I supposed to be impressed with 10 points in 36 minutes and also shooting like trash? GTFO.

He had 10/9/12, so basically a triple-double in limited play in a blowout win (game was over in less than 3 quarters, especially by 80s standards), CP3's game was close until the last 7 or so minutes of it, he scored a bunch in garbage time and got some bogus FTs to boost his point total.

CP3 played an injured team, where his team was already up 2 - 0 on the series before he even stepped on the court.

MadDog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUrgIPR96c#t=1h32m54s

Jamal Mashburn saying Isiah sacrificed his numbers, and could have led the league in scoring. Revisionism wont work, box-score watchers. :oldlol:

Spurs m8
07-01-2021, 04:17 AM
another post that exposes you for not watching anything related to basketball

paul literally padded 20 of his 41 after the clippers had given up. which is why a shoving match started. he was showing them up. the clippers checked out and literally zero defense was being played. paul was shooting uncontested 5 footers for f*ck sakes.

Well why wasn't Bev stopping him?

And what's cp meant to do, just stop scoring?lmao

He was putting the icing on the cake, the Clippers hadn't properly given up until they took their starters off.

In today's league, you can blow a decent lead in a fairly short amount of time....

RRR3

Jamal Mashburn saying Isiah sacrificed his numbers, and could have led the league in scoring. Revisionism wont work, box-score watchers. :oldlol:
If he sacrificed so much how come his efficiency was trash even on mediocre volume? :oldlol:

1987_Lakers

"could have led the league in scoring"

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:19 AM
Those teams were known for their defense. That’s how they won. Isiah wasn’t even known as a great defender.

And, Isiah was known as their leader. He's also recognized as one of the best offensive PGs ever.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 04:21 AM
Why did they win when he played like trash?

Except I gave you context and he actually didn't play like trash. You actually posted that his 19 pt 12 ast 4 stl road win was trash :kobe: where they do that at? Didn't CP3's team win Game 4 with him shooting 6/22, with 1/7 FG in the 4th quarter? Didn't he just lose a close-out game at home with 22 pts on 19 shots, with 2/6 FG in the 4th quarter?

So now we're discounting Zeke for beating Jordan & Bird (he outplayed Bird in the ECF) and coming within a bad call of beating Kareem & Magic, but we're elevating CP3's all-time status because he beat an injured team, where he only played in 2 of the wins and was dogshit for all but 1 game of the series?

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:23 AM
If he sacrificed so much how come his efficiency was trash even on mediocre volume? :oldlol:

In the playoffs, Prime Isiah averaged 22/7/6 on 45/35/37. Trash efficiency? Where? :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:26 AM
Except I gave you context and he actually didn't play like trash. You actually posted that his 19 pt 12 ast 4 stl road win was trash :kobe: where they do that at? Didn't CP3's team win Game 4 with him shooting 6/22, with 1/7 FG in the 4th quarter? Didn't he just lose a close-out game at home with 22 pts on 19 shots, with 2/6 FG in the 4th quarter?

So now we're discounting Zeke for beating Jordan & Bird (he outplayed Bird in the ECF) and coming within a bad call of beating Kareem & Magic, but we're elevating CP3's all-time status because he beat an injured team, where he only played in 2 of the wins and was dogshit for all but 1 game of the series?

You provided very little context, no matter how hard you try, you can't mask the fact that Isiah shot the ball like trash in the first 5 games of that series. Overall, CP3 was a tier ahead of Isiah in terms of efficiency, shooting, & defense, the fact that you guys are melting down at CP3 being ranked ahead of him amuses me.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:28 AM
In the playoffs, Prime Isiah averaged 22/7/6 on 45/35/37. Trash efficiency? Where? :oldlol:

Isiah thomas shot at 44% in his playoff career, that is way below league average, especially in the 80's where teams usually shot 47-49%.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 04:30 AM
And, Isiah was known as their leader. He's also recognized as one of the best offensive PGs ever.
Define “one of the best”. He’s not even in the top 10 offensive PGs lol.

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2021, 04:31 AM
with the 2002 series the refs gave both teams preferential treatment at key moments

there was game where the kings got every call. in fact the kings shot more free throws than the lakers did that series. and in game 7 the kings just shat the bed going like 2 for 20 from three and shooting like 50% from the free throw line

i don't remember the refs making up for that phantom call in 88
The Laimbeer call gets all the focus (and understandably so), but imo the ending to Game 7 was even more egregious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9qGUSGrIU&t=148s

A bad call is always possible and has happened many times before, but I've never seen another ending like that to a game of significance in any American sport

RRR3
07-01-2021, 04:31 AM
Career playoff TS% of 52.0% yikes.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:34 AM
Isiah thomas shot at 44% in his playoff career, that is way below league average, especially in the 80's where teams usually shot 47-49%.

From 84-91, "Prime" Isiah shot a TS% on par with the league average. His efficiency was fine. Get your shit together, number crunchers.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:36 AM
He’s not even in the top 10 offensive PGs lol.

What are you smoking? I'll take some of it.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:40 AM
From 84-91, "Prime" Isiah shot a TS% on par with the league average. His efficiency was fine. Get your shit together, number crunchers.

Sorry, league average TS% in the playoffs was not 52% in that time, it hovered around 54-55%. He was below average. Get your shit together.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:42 AM
Sorry league average TS% in the playoffs was not 52% in that time. He was below average. Get your shit together.

Wrong. You claimed he was "way" below average. League average then was around 53% which is what Isiah shot, basically. Your brain; use it.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:44 AM
Wrong. You claimed he was "way" below average. League average then was around 53% which is what Isiah shot, basically. Your brain; use it.

Wrong, it was 54-55%, look it up. By definition he was below average.

Your brain use it.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 04:46 AM

Yeah, and his TS% over those 3 Finals runs overall is like 1% below league RS average, which isn't even that bad. He had one horrible shooting run in '89, but then shot well above league average the next year. Bird was an elite shooter, and even he only shot 55%TS for his Playoffs career. 52%TS in that era is not "inefficient", especially not for a small guy like Zeke, when Drexler was barely above 50% in the Playoffs in the same era.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:50 AM

Your brain use it.

Are you remedial? Under the years referenced, league average was 53.8. And Isiah shot around 53% in his prime. That contradicts your "way below" average comment.

ImKobe
07-01-2021, 04:50 AM

Your brain use it.

Wrong. It was 53-54% in the 80s. Those are just the RS stats, efficiency usually drops in the POs so we have to account for that too.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 04:56 AM
Yeah, and his TS% over those 3 Finals runs overall is like 1% below league RS average, which isn't even that bad. He had one horrible shooting run in '89, but then shot well above league average the next year. Bird was an elite shooter, and even he only shot 55%TS for his Playoffs career. 52%TS in that era is not "inefficient", especially not for a small guy like Zeke, when Drexler was barely above 50% in the Playoffs in the same era.

Good point. That was an era for bigmen. Small scoring guards like Isiah were the exception. He shot 52% is his playoff career and above that in his prime. Also had playoff runs averaging well over that number. Including his 90 run where he dropped 28 in the finals. On a whopping 63%TS. :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 04:58 AM
Wrong. It was 53-54% in the 80s. Those are just the RS stats, efficiency usually drops in the POs so we have to account for that too.

It averaged to about 54%, Isiah was 52% so by definition he was below average.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 05:00 AM
Good point. That was an era for bigmen. Small scoring guards like Isiah were the exception. He shot 52% is his playoff career and above that in his prime. Also had playoff runs averaging well over that number. Including his 90 run where he dropped 28 in the finals. On a whopping 63%TS. :oldlol:

And a whopping 48 TS% for his '89 playoff run. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-01-2021, 05:06 AM
What are you smoking? I'll take some of it.
Not in exact order

Magic
Curry
Oscar
CP3
Lillard
Nash
Luka
Trae
Iverson
Westbrook
Kyrie
Stockton
Derrick Rose before injury
Walt Frazier
Penny Hardaway before injury
Tim Hardaway
Prime Gilbert Arenas

Who is he better than on that list STRICTLY speaking of offense? Tell me the players you think he was better than...and remember we are talking just on offense.

Manny98
07-01-2021, 05:08 AM
1. Magic
2. Curry
3. CP3

MadDog
07-01-2021, 05:08 AM
And a whopping 48 TS% for his '89 playoff run. :oldlol:

Yeah, not like a player's ever shot like shit. :confusedshrug: Great argument though. Your cherry-picking is thought provoking.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 05:12 AM
Not in exact order

Magic
Curry
Oscar
CP3
Lillard
Nash
Luka
Trae
Iverson
Westbrook
Kyrie
Stockton
Derrick Rose before injury
Walt Frazier
Penny Hardaway before injury
Tim Hardaway
Prime Gilbert Arenas

Who is he better than on that list STRICTLY speaking of offense? Tell me the players you think he was better than...and remember we are talking just on offense.

You have Derrick Rose, Westbrook, and Tim Hardaway over Isiah? :oldlol: You already lost dude. The first 2 are weak shooters, and less effective in the half-court. Especially in the playoffs.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 05:12 AM
Yeah, not like a player's ever shot like shit. :confusedshrug: Great argument though. Your cherry-picking is thought provoking.

Just like you cherry picked the '90 Finals, atleast I included a whole playoff run. :confusedshrug:

He also had a 49 TS% in the '91 playoffs.:oldlol:

RRR3
07-01-2021, 05:13 AM
You have Derrick Rose, Westbrook, and Rose over Isiah? :oldlol: You already lost dude. The first 2 are weak shooters, and less effective in the half-court. Especially in the playoffs.
We’re talking strictly offense here. Since when was Isiah a great shooter? So you think Isiah>those 2 on offense, ok. That leaves 15 other players i mentioned :roll:

MadDog
07-01-2021, 05:15 AM
Just like you cherry picked the '90 Finals, atleast I included a whole playoff run. :confusedshrug:

Except I used his prime. 1990 was just to underline the point. For that time period, Isiah's efficiency was fine.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 05:24 AM
We’re talking strictly offense here. Since when was Isiah a great shooter? So you think Isiah>those 2 on offense, ok. That leaves 15 other players i mentioned :roll:

Right. And Isiah was better than both of them. Better in-between and a better long distance shooter. I actually listed Rose twice, and then edited my post. The fact you think Tim Hardaway belongs in the same ****ing discussion with Isiah Thomas is incredible. Bravo, you've outdone yourself.

To save you the suspense, I'd only take about 6 or 7 players on that list over Isiah. If that.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2021, 05:28 AM
Right. And Isiah was better than both of them. Better in-between and a better long distance shooter. I actually listed Rose twice, and then edited my post. The fact you think Tim Hardaway belongs in the same ****ing discussion with Isiah Thomas is incredible. Bravo, you've outdone yourself.

To save you the suspense, I'd only take about 6 or 7 players on that list over Isiah. If that.

I guess that leaves Isiah out of your top 5 because we all know he wasn't a good defender.

MadDog
07-01-2021, 05:37 AM
I guess that leaves Isiah out of your top 5 because we all know he wasn't a good defender.

That's what you get for guessing. :confusedshrug: The poster is only talking about offense. Unlike many of the dudes mentioned, Isiah had elite intangibles. Leadership is one of his stronger traits.

RRR3
07-01-2021, 06:05 AM

Let’s hear those 6 or 7. Should be good for a laugh to hear who you think he’s better on offense than lol

RRR3
07-01-2021, 06:05 AM
i guess that leaves isiah out of your top 5 because we all know he wasn't a good defender.
rrrrrangz doe