PDA

View Full Version : How many rings does Bron have adjusted for difficulty?

Pip' N Rodman
07-01-2021, 10:04 AM
2012- Grueling lockout season playing in a condensed schedule (additional wear and tear) = 1.25 difficulty adjusted ring

2013- Coming from down 3-2 to win the ring in 7 games, while having Wade only average 15ppg on 45% the entire playoffs and Bosh was a nonfactor every series (aka worst playoff help in NBA History) = 2.00 difficulty adjusted rings

2016- Beat a 73 win team while down 3-1 without having another all-star teammate on your team (aka the "GOAT" chip) :eek: = 3.00 difficulty adjusted rings

2020- Winning the chip during a global pandemic forced to play in prison-like conditions that mentally broke other stars (Paul George) = 2.00 difficulty adjusted rings

So adjusted for difficulty Bron really has like 8.25 rings.

You want me to do the same analysis for Jordan? :oldlol:

Pip' N Rodman
07-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Some context about the difference in help Jordan and LeBron had as well as difference in competition:

https://i.postimg.cc/8C4kvxLC/pip-an-mj-post.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YqTvqcxK/net-efficiency.png

Jordan simply produced less overall than LeBron did, and the toughest team Jordan faced was worse than the easiest team LeBron faced. This is just facts :pimp:

Shooter
07-01-2021, 10:27 AM
What a game changer.

Why do I predict the MJ stains will be silent and shook? :lol

Pip' N Rodman
07-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Some context about the difference in help Jordan and LeBron had as well as difference in competition:

https://i.postimg.cc/8C4kvxLC/pip-an-mj-post.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YqTvqcxK/net-efficiency.png

Jordan simply produced less overall than LeBron did, and the toughest team Jordan faced was worse than the easiest team LeBron faced. This is just facts :pimp:

3ball?

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 12:48 PM
2012- Grueling lockout season playing in a condensed schedule (additional wear and tear) = 1.25 difficulty adjusted ring

2013- Coming from down 3-2 to win the ring in 7 games, while having Wade only average 15ppg on 45% the entire playoffs and Bosh was a nonfactor every series (aka worst playoff help in NBA History) = 2.00 difficulty adjusted rings

2016- Beat a 73 win team while down 3-1 without having another all-star teammate on your team (aka the "GOAT" chip) :eek: = 3.00 difficulty adjusted rings

2020- Winning the chip during a global pandemic forced to play in prison-like conditions that mentally broke other stars (Paul George) = 2.00 difficulty adjusted rings

So adjusted for difficulty Bron really has like 8.25 rings.

You want me to do the same analysis for Jordan? :oldlol:

Holy shit your pathetic. The only the one that was tough was 2016. The rest weren't that difficult guven he had the better team. Last especially was easy as hell. Heat were one of the weakest finals teams ever.

Shooter
07-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Holy shit your pathetic. The only the one that was tough was 2016. The rest weren't that difficult guven he had the better team. Last especially was easy as hell. Heat were one of the weakest finals teams ever.

Wrong. Read it again. None of MJ's chips come close to 2012 Thunder.

07-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Zero

RogueBorg
07-01-2021, 01:42 PM
L-86ron

RogueBorg
07-01-2021, 01:46 PM

LOL @ the 47 win OKC

Career loser and do nothing James Harden, stat padding guard who everyone agrees can't shoot Westbrick, and the biggest colluder outside L-86ron KD...puhlease.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClearcutElaborateDobermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

BTW yes I know they only played 66 games loser

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 01:48 PM

2012 Thunder? They were puppies. There's a reason 22 or 23 year olds don't win chips as their teams best player buddy. They only won 1 game. Even The lowly heat got at least 2 games last year. 1997 or 98 jazz would of beat okc team also just like they beat shaqs lakers and the spurs. Okc was to young bruh. Like most idiot bron stans your evaluating that team based on their potential and what those players ended up becoming.

Pip' N Rodman
07-01-2021, 01:53 PM
2012 Thunder? They were puppies. There's a reason 22 or 23 year olds don't win chips as their teams best player buddy. They only won 1 game. Even The lowly heat got at least 2 games last year. 1997 or 98 jazz would of beat okc team also just like they beat shaqs lakers and the spurs. Okc was to young bruh. Like most idiot bron stans your evaluating that team based on their potential and what those players ended up becoming.

How did those "young pups" beat the seasoned 2012 Spurs? (who won their first 10 playoff games)

How did they beat Kobe that year?

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 02:14 PM
How did those "young pups" beat the seasoned 2012 Spurs? (who won their first 10 playoff games)

How did they beat Kobe that year?

Well duncan was a shell of himself. As was manu. Think he scored 15 pts a game that year and didn't even get 10 rebounds a game. I don't even think he was an all star that year. I think parker was the only all star on that team that year and he did it with 18pts and 8 assists. The reason why spurs won 2 years after that was because that's when kawhi started emerging as a force in the league. The lakers were ok but andrew Bynum was there 2nd leading scorer and arguably there 2nd best player. That should tell you all you need to know about that.

paksat
07-01-2021, 02:32 PM
Between ref help alone? Zero

ELITEpower23
07-01-2021, 03:15 PM

Then how did the "pups" oust Kobe, Dirk, and Duncan in the same year? Did the West concede and let them win the conference at an alarming winrate of 12-3?

Spurs m8
07-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Oh so we adjusting now?

Negative 2

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Then how did the "pups" oust Kobe, Dirk, and Duncan in the same year? Did the West concede and let them win the conference at an alarming winrate of 12-3?

Already answered this

WhiteKyrie
07-01-2021, 06:15 PM
.5 for 2012 (lockout shortened)
1 for 2013
1 for 2016
.25 for 2020 Mickey Mouse Chip

2.75 rings

MadDog
07-01-2021, 06:32 PM
.5 for 2012 (lockout shortened)
1 for 2013
1 for 2016
.25 for 2020 Mickey Mouse Chip

2.75 rings

Why .25 for 2020 and .5 for 2012? No fans and practice gyms jacked the sliders down? :oldlol: LeBron has 2 legit rings, 3 max. The 2016 suspension was so egregious I almost wanna call it a Nickelodeon ring.

WhiteKyrie
07-01-2021, 06:55 PM
Why .25 for 2020 and .5 for 2012? No fans and practice gyms jacked the sliders down? :oldlol: LeBron has 2 legit rings, 3 max. The 2016 suspension was so egregious I almost wanna call it a Nickelodeon ring.
Because a 6th seed made it to the Finals for the simple fact they had one top 15 player who cared enough and he took them to the Finals cause everyone wanted out or to not play except for (Butler, LeBron, AD and CP3) … and without the second best player on their team they still made it a competitive series.

It literally wasn’t a professional basketball championship. It was so segregated from the actual regular season, it was meaningless. It was basically a giant AAU tournament without any distractions.

So if you simply cared enough, you did well. Because everybody else seem to be there at a damn near obligation or boredom. No real playoff intensity, atmosphere, fans, pressure, or even travel fatigue.

2012 also was a lockout shortened season so that gets docked.

And even in the two full season championships he’s one, in the finals there was some highly suspect things that went down. And as we all know if it wasn’t for a lucky bounce, Tim Duncan choke job, and a miracle shot from Ray Allen. Probably doesn’t even win 2013.

And as you said 2016, where there was a bogus suspension of the other teams third best player, in combination with odd foul trouble levied on Stephen Curry in game six when he was getting off, probably an effort to extend the series for TV ratings? Also very skeptical. Kyrie balled out too and hit the championship winning shot.

Context is key.

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 07:01 PM
ez

bran vs mike

bran
2012 = 1.50
2013 = 2.00
2016 = 3.25
2020 = 1.75
sub tot = 8.50

mike
91 = 0.5
92 = .25
93 = .75
96 = .75
97 = 1.0
98 = .25
sub tot = 3.50

any questions feel free to ask

bran 8.50
mike = 3.50

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 07:02 PM

Because a 6th seed made it to the Finals for the simple fact they had one top 15 player who cared enough and he took them to the Finals cause everyone wanted out or to not play except for (Butler, LeBron, AD and CP3) … and without the second best player on their team they still made it a competitive series.

It literally wasn’t a professional basketball championship. It was so segregated from the actual regular season, it was meaningless. It was basically a giant AAU tournament without any distractions.

So if you simply cared enough, you did well. Because everybody else seem to be there at a damn near obligation or boredom. No real playoff intensity, atmosphere, fans, pressure, or even travel fatigue.

And even in the two full season championships he’s one, in the finals there was some highly suspect things that went down. And as we all know if it wasn’t for a lucky bounce, Tim Duncan choke job, and a miracle shot from Ray Allen. Probably doesn’t even win 2013.

And as you said 2016, where there was a bogus suspension of the other teams third best player, in combination with odd foul trouble levied on Stephen Curry in game six when he was getting off, probably an effort to extend the series for TV ratings? Also very skeptical. Kyrie balled out too and hit the championship winning shot.

Context is key.

literally talking to himself

:biggums:

MadDog
07-01-2021, 07:04 PM

Context is key.

Preach dude. You're spot on here although I wouldn't call 2013 an asterisk. Not saying that you do, but for those who claim Ray "saved" LeBron. Role players hit clutch shots all the time, and in BIG moments.

GrayGoat
07-01-2021, 07:12 PM
MJ has no rings comparable to 2012 let alone 2016

WhiteKyrie
07-01-2021, 07:33 PM
Preach dude. You're spot on here although I wouldn't call 2013 an asterisk. Not saying that you do, but for those who claim Ray "saved" LeBron. Role players hit clutch shots all the time, and in BIG moments.
No I’m not calling 2013 an asterisk ring. The way I am for 2012 and 2020. Because those literally weren’t full normal NBA seasons. And to be fair, I don’t count Tim Duncan’s 1999 ring either.

Yes, role players hit big shots. But you’ve got a generation of children trying to tear down the actual greatest player of all time, in order to prop up a less deserving player of that mantle. And in that case, no, the context is entirely different. Michael Jordan never relied upon a role player hitting a miracle shot, With unprecedented context before the shot, not to win the finals game or the final series.

But to literally save him from losing the series.

I’m fairly certain that never happened to Kobe Bryant either. Yes Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Ron Artest hit some huge baskets. And that last guy for a long period of his career was basically an all star small forward for the vast majority of it. But none of those shots literally saved Kobe Bryant from losing an entire NBA finals series.

There’s a difference in context.