PDA

View Full Version : I take it back mj could score 50 points a game in this new NDA (no defence allowed)

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 10:31 PM
I used to argue with people saying mj would score 50 a game with no handchecking but add on no fighting through screens and no contesting shots and now i don't know. If he was in a ball dominant roll like harden in Houston and the coach told him to go out and score as much as he can he could definitely do it in this joke of an era.

StrongLurk
07-01-2021, 10:36 PM
Really OP? Really?

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Really OP? Really?

Lol i know. It was more of a frustration thread after watching some terrible calls. 40 something is definitely possible though

3ba11
07-01-2021, 10:43 PM
This guy would probably be the best athlete in the league today - previous players had stronger frames than today's vegans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7cJiVGoJQ&t=11m27s

today's shooters are actually pretty unathletic.

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 10:44 PM
i know we have said this one trillion times but ill just say it one more time

i dont know why you make this type of thread and then make me do this

https://i.postimg.cc/yY8bS3C1/6-2-gary-on-mike.png

8Ball
07-01-2021, 10:44 PM
Lol i know. It was more of a frustration thread after watching some terrible calls. 40 something is definitely possible though

That's the thing. Jordan is a Kobe level scorer, chuck chuck chuck. His team won't perform well with Jordan averaging 40 points a game.

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 10:48 PM
That's the thing. Jordan is a Kobe level scorer, chuck chuck chuck. His team won't perform well with Jordan averaging 40 points a game.

I agree he dosn't win 6 chips that way. He probably dosn't even win half that.

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 10:51 PM

So mj definitely faced way more perimeter defenders than payton. Your either trolling or have an extreme lack of knowledge of that era if you believe that.

And are we using one semi bad scoring series to judge players now because we could do the same for your boy

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 10:53 PM
So mj definitely faced way more perimeter defenders than payton. Your either trolling or have an extreme lack of knowledge of that era if you believe that.

And are we using one semi bad scoring series to judge players now because we could do the same for your boy

why dont you show me who he faced on defense like modern era defenders, im talking like:

kiwi, pg12, butler, klay, smart, beverly, thybulle, simmons, draymond,

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Mike isn't averaging 50, but not covinced he doesn't drop 40.

Open lanes for days. He'd live in the paint and FT line. Compared to Mike, Luka is slow and yet killing the league. A super athlete with more skills would dominate...every game.

coin24
07-01-2021, 10:59 PM

2011 finals. Jason terry and Jason kid. Never forget:lol

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 11:00 PM
Mike isn't averaging 50, but not covinced he doesn't drop 40.

Open lanes for days. He'd live in the paint and FT line. Compared to Mike, Luka is slow and yet killing the league. A super athlete with more skills would dominate...every game.

hes scoring more then kd?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2021, 11:03 PM

Depends on what version and the system he plays in.

If Mike had to share the ball with 2 other scorers, like Harden and Kyrie? Probably not. What KD did to Milwaukee in the playoffs, is what Peak MJ would have done. Except he wouldn't tire out by OT.

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 11:15 PM
why dont you show me who he faced on defense like modern era defenders, im talking like:

kiwi, pg12, butler, klay, smart, beverly, thybulle, simmons, draymond,

Bruh your truly an idiot. Mj faced all kinds of first and second team defenders. Moncreif, alvin Robertson, michael cooper, derek harper, Dennis Rodman, dan majerle, joe dumars, larry nance. I could go on and on. He also faced better bigs also and faced waaaaaay more double teams than your boy.

You don't have a clue what your talking about

Airupthere
07-01-2021, 11:20 PM

It wasnt just payton though. The sonics were sending everyone over to jordan. Double, triple teams when possible, while being physical with michael.

And1AllDay
07-01-2021, 11:22 PM
Bruh your truly an idiot. Mj faced all kinds of first and second team defenders. Moncreif, alvin Robertson, michael cooper, derek harper, Dennis Rodman, dan majerle, joe dumars, larry nance. I could go on and on. He also faced better bigs also and faced waaaaaay more double teams than your boy.

You don't have a clue what your talking about

:oldlol::roll::roll::roll:

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 11:25 PM

Yes he's a better scorer than kd buddy. Kd is a better shooter but mj was way better at penetrating and finishing. He also had way better footwork on the block. Kd also faces way less defensive attention. Like lebron teams don't double and tripple him.

Bronbron23
07-01-2021, 11:32 PM
:oldlol::roll::roll::roll:

Typical bron stain response when they've been proven wrong. Your dumbass probably dosn't even know dan majerle has more defensive teams than klay. He was also bigger stronger and more athletic. Your out of your league here buddy:facepalm

coastalmarker99
07-02-2021, 12:38 AM
I am 100 percent sure that a prime Wilt could average over 40 points per game in this era especially if he was coached by Thibodeau.

Wilt in his prime is basically a 7 foot 1 Lebron which is downright scary to think about.

coastalmarker99
07-02-2021, 12:40 AM
Here is a video showing off Wilt's speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6sQhV7ipks

I decided to use only NBA clips, without more famous college footage and It's unbelievable how fast Wilt was at 7'1 and 290-315 lbs

If you gave Wilt the Ped's and fancy shoes of today you would see an utter monster unrivalled in Nba history

Manny98
07-02-2021, 02:55 AM
Yes he's a better scorer than kd buddy. Kd is a better shooter but mj was way better at penetrating and finishing. He also had way better footwork on the block. Kd also faces way less defensive attention. Like lebron teams don't double and tripple him.
KD and MJ are on the same tier as scorers, KD wins in efficiency and MJ wins in volume.

It's impossible to average 50 in today's era because the defense will adjust and start double teaming the shit out of you.

Plus the stamina it takes to drop 50 points a game

Bronbron23
07-02-2021, 09:10 AM
KD and MJ are on the same tier as scorers, KD wins in efficiency and MJ wins in volume.

It's impossible to average 50 in today's era because the defense will adjust and start double teaming the shit out of you.

Plus the stamina it takes to drop 50 points a game

Yeah i agree 50 is a stretch. I said that earlier in the thread. Low 40's is possible although i doubt he wins that way. In a system that utilizes alot of on and off ball movement like the triangle he probably averages 35 or so in this era.

As far as kd being more efficient it's really hard to say. Kd like lebron got more efficient as the the league defensive rules got easier. It's pretty safe to say that if kd played in the 90's his efficiency wouldn't be what it is to day. It would still be good though.

RogueBorg
07-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Gary Payton was 6'-4"

Airupthere
07-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Gary Payton was 6'-4"

90s midgets that Jordan played with

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resizer/DEYgxxMHs_8E3GATAki3iu3Yjko=/415x558/top/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/QHY6Y4GKLFFKLMUOQVSMCHWCWA.jpg

RogueBorg
07-02-2021, 03:45 PM
90s midgets that Jordan played with

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resizer/DEYgxxMHs_8E3GATAki3iu3Yjko=/415x558/top/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/QHY6Y4GKLFFKLMUOQVSMCHWCWA.jpg

GP looks taller than DWade in that photo and he was 6'-4"

ClipperRevival
07-02-2021, 11:02 PM
MJ averaged 33.6 PPG in the FINALS going 6/6/6 and we all KNOW, finals bball is much slower paced and real, physical bball. And since he won all 6 times, it was winning bball.

MJ no doubt averages 40+ PPG easy in today's game AND via in a winning style. The court completely spaced, no rim protectors and can't put a hand on anyone. If he was to just let it loose, 45+ PPG is very approachable.

HoopsNY
07-02-2021, 11:31 PM
MJ doesn't score 40+ a game on today's game because that doesn't produce winning ball.

But 34-35 PPG with 10-11 Rebs and 9-10 assists on 55% shooting? Very possible.

SATAN
07-02-2021, 11:31 PM

No he doesn't.

Axe
07-03-2021, 02:58 AM
He had an awful fg% with a wnba three-point line. He may want to improve on that if he's to be effective in this era.

Micku
07-03-2021, 08:11 AM
MJ doesn't score 40+ a game on today's game because that doesn't produce winning ball.

But 34-35 PPG with 10-11 Rebs and 9-10 assists on 55% shooting? Very possible.

Hahaha! It's funny cuz he won the finals that way with scoring 40+ a game and LeBron lost the finals way. Hahaha

But naw naw, LBJ couldn't have won. MJ wouldn't either in his circumstances.

But MJ would probably score more in this era due to the lane being open and the soft fouls. His assists would probably be more up more so than his points tho. There are better shooters now and more spacing. MJ is a underrated passer. But the most unnderrated aspect about his game is the lack of TOs.

Phoenix
07-03-2021, 08:48 AM

Height has usually had little to do with man defense, at least as far as who is more effective. KD is better defended by shorter players who have the footspeed to deny penetration and can get as deep in his shooting pocket as possible. Ultimately you aren't stopping any of the GOAT scorers, you're making them work a little bit harder for their points.

Phoenix
07-03-2021, 08:53 AM
MJ averaged 33.6 PPG in the FINALS going 6/6/6 and we all KNOW, finals bball is much slower paced and real, physical bball. And since he won all 6 times, it was winning bball.

MJ no doubt averages 40+ PPG easy in today's game AND via in a winning style. The court completely spaced, no rim protectors and can't put a hand on anyone. If he was to just let it loose, 45+ PPG is very approachable.

'Could' if he wanted to just chuck away to hit that metric, but so could KD, Steph, Harden etc. If I had to guess without getting too crazy he'd probably be dropping 33-35 routinely on high TS% on a contending team. Not because that's his ceiling, just because on a contending team he's going to have enough pieces around him to not need to score 40. It's like the difference between 87 MJ and 91 MJ. 91 was easily a better scorer but played on a better team, so he didn't need to drop 37 a night like 87 MJ did.

HoopsNY
07-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Hahaha! It's funny cuz he won the finals that way with scoring 40+ a game and LeBron lost the finals way. Hahaha

But naw naw, LBJ couldn't have won. MJ wouldn't either in his circumstances.

But MJ would probably score more in this era due to the lane being open and the soft fouls. His assists would probably be more up more so than his points tho. There are better shooters now and more spacing. MJ is a underrated passer. But the most unnderrated aspect about his game is the lack of TOs.

Fair point. Though I think MJ was at his best in 1991 and that year involved him passing more and defaulting to his teammates on more possessions.

It's all premature though because what matters is which team is he on and under what system? If he's on a team like Chicago now, they're not winning jack, even if he puts up 35/10/10 on 55%.

And1AllDay
07-03-2021, 03:05 PM
he couldnt get 27.4 on gary payton and shawn kemp but hes doing more against top wing defender of this era? nah :oldlol:

hed be demar derozan as we all know