PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Lebron's help throughout the first 2 games vs the Magic in 2009.

coastalmarker99
07-03-2021, 07:02 AM
From games 1 to 2

Lebron would post

84 points on 60 percent shooting and he would also be 16 out of 22 from the foul line.

While the rest of the Cavs team would score 118 points on 41 percent shooting and would also be 17 out of 22 at the foul line.

A stagging stat is that throughout the first 2 games is that Lebron had scored a total of 42% of the Cavs points in the series.

coastalmarker99
07-03-2021, 07:06 AM
In a one-point loss to the Magic in game 1.

Lebron would post 49 points on 20 out of 30 from the floor while the rest of the Cavs would only score 57 on 23 out of 58 from the floor.

It is also important to note that Lebron had a total of 23 points in the second half of Game 1 alone.

It is hard to understand why people really criticized LeBron for leaving Cleveland as he basically had zero help from 2003 to 2010 with the Cavs.

RRR3
07-03-2021, 07:24 AM
Anyone who blames LeBron for 2009 is literally retarded.

8Ball
07-03-2021, 07:25 AM
Man carries mountain on shoulder for 18 years. This is news worthy?

Micku
07-03-2021, 07:38 AM
In a one-point loss to the Magic in game 1.

Lebron would post 49 points on 20 out of 30 from the floor while the rest of the Cavs would only score 57 on 23 out of 58 from the floor.

It is also important to note that Lebron had a total of 23 points in the second half of Game 1 alone.

It is hard to understand why people really criticized LeBron for leaving Cleveland as he basically had zero help from 2003 to 2010 with the Cavs.

It was really to what team than it is leaving. He left for D-Wade and Bosh.

As you said tho, at least in 2009, that wasn't his fault. He really did almost everything. Dude averaged nearly 40 and 8 rbs and 8 apg.

But I would argue him doing almost everything is almost detrimental to the team in key moments since they are used to LeBron running the show. Granted, when they did play "LeBron ball" they were highly efficient. But that also screw things up when he is out of the game. That fixed itself when he joined Miami, although they struggled too. But again, that "LeBron ball" is more of the coaching fault as well and front office due to them not finding a better player to play alongside LBJ.

I would say he didn't really need one to beat the Cavs that year tho. Magic teammates weren't that much better I would argue. But they were better. The ball was more evenly spread out. Say what you will about Stan Van Grundy, but at least he got that right in how they execute their offense. Mike Brown was more of a defense coach, and I don't know what type of offense they ran with LeBron.

With Miami, after the first year, they ran a bunch of horn sets. It forced more ball and player movement. It had more options, so LeBron didn't always have the ball. Granted, he had more talent with Miami than with the Cavs, but it was better offensive system to me. At least more so with the playoffs. In the regular season, LeBron ball was seemed better.

The Cavs didn't have answer for Howard. And their defensive strategies failed. The Magic killed them with their inside and out game. And the Cavs couldn't knock anything down. It could they went cold at the wrong time or the Magic defense bothered them just a bit. It's been a while since I seen the series.

While LeBron couldn't shoot that good from the 3pt line or midrange if I can recall? But he got to the paint. You could argue that if did those things better and played better in game 6, they possibly could've won. But naw. His teammates just couldn't buy a shot. They just got outplayed.

Seeing the Cavs weakness with the Magic, they would've got destroyed by the Lakers. They were too versatile. They could slow the game down and play inside and out and they could speed the game up. Gasol or a injured Bynum would eat them alive. You'll see Kobe vs LeBron still, but the Lakers may have defended him better.

Anyway, I still don't think it's warranted to join Miami. But they didn't really dominated like we thought they would've.