PDA

View Full Version : Lebron 2018 playoff run is such a statistical marvel to look at.

coastalmarker99
07-03-2021, 07:34 AM
In the First Round of the 2018 Playoffs vs the Pacers LeBron James accounted for 35% of the Cavs total points, rebounds and assists.

Also In the First Round of the 2018 Playoffs against the Indiana Pacers, LeBron James won a playoff series without any teammate scoring 20 points in any of the games for the first time in his career.

In Game 7 of the First Round of the 2018 Playoffs against the Indiana Pacers, LeBron James became the first player in NBA history to have at least 45 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 4 steals in a Game 7.

In-Game 2 of the 2018 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Toronto Raptors, LeBron James became the first player in NBA History to have at least 42 points, 8 rebounds, and 14 assists in a Playoff Game. Since then, Luka Doncic has also done it in the 2021 Playoffs.

Most Points in a Game 7 Win in NBA Playoff History:
1. Sam Jones (1963) - 47 Points
2. LeBron James (2018) - 45 Points

Most Points on the Road in a Game 7 Win to Advance to the Finals in NBA Playoff History:
T1. LeBron James (2018) - 35 Points
T1. Shaquille O’Neal (2002) - 35 Points

Players to Lead Both Teams Outright in Points, Rebounds, and Assists in a Game 7 in NBA Playoff History:
•LeBron James - 2018 Eastern Conference Finals
•Jayson Tatum - 2020 Eastern Conference Semifinals
•Larry Bird - 1984 Eastern Conference Semifinals

In the 2018 Playoffs, LeBron James had:
•8 of the 13 highest scoring games
•9 of the 25 highest assisting games
•8 of the 26 highest rebounding games

Highest Percentage of a Team's Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks in a Finals Run:
1. LeBron James (2018) - 32%
T2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1974) - 30%
T2. LeBron James (2015) - 30%
T4. Shaquille O’Neal (2000) - 29%
T4. LeBron James (2012) - 29%

In the 2018 Playoffs, LeBron James scored or assisted on 55.4 PPG through the Eastern Conference Playoffs, which was the most he has ever had in all of his 10 finals runs.

LeBron James had 612 points in the first 18 games of the 2018 Playoffs, which was 34 PPG. That is tied with Michael Jordan in the 1992 Playoffs for the most PPG entering the Finals since 1970.

Most Points in a Single Playoff Run Entering NBA Finals in NBA Playoff History:
1. LeBron James (2018) - 612 Points
2. Hakeem Olajuwon (1995) - 594 Points
3. Michael Jordan (1989) - 591 Points
4. Michael Jordan (1990) - 587 Points
5. Kevin Durant (2014) - 563 Points

Most PPG in a Single Playoff Run in NBA Playoff History minimum of 19 games :
1. Michael Jordan (1993) - 35.1 PPG
2. LeBron James (2018) - 34.9 PPG
3. Michael Jordan (1992) - 34.5 PPG
4. Hakeem Olajuwon (1995) - 33.0 PPG

Most Points in a Single Playoff Run in NBA Playoff History :
1. Michael Jordan (1992) - 759 Points
2. LeBron James (2018) - 748 Points
3. Kawhi Leonard (2019) - 732 Points
4. Hakeem Olajuwon (1995) - 725 Points
5. Allen Iverson (2001) - 723 Points

Most 40 Point Games in a Single Postseason in NBA Playoff History
T1. LeBron James (2018) - 8
T1. Jerry West (1965) - 8
3. Michael Jordan (1989) - 7

8Ball
07-03-2021, 07:38 AM
It is lebron greatest playoff run ever.

More impressive to me than any other run he ever had.

More impressive than any other playoff run in history.

This stat basically high lights lebron greatness and mastery of the entire game:

Highest Percentage of a Team's Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks in a Finals Run:
T4. LeBron James (2012) - 29%

coastalmarker99
07-03-2021, 07:41 AM

I am stunned that people still say to this day that 2013 was Lebron peak when every stat we have plus the eye test says that Lebron was at his peak in 2018.

As I can't imagine 2018 Lebron only averaging 16 PPG on 39 percent in the first 3 games of a finals series as 2013 Lebron did.

As 2018 Lebron jumper was insane for that entire playoff run as he was basically hitting everything from mid-range and three.

Micku
07-03-2021, 07:47 AM
Yeah. There are a few times where I thought I seen like the best player ever in the playoffs.

Shaq 2000
MJ 1991 and 92
LeBron 2018

LeBron 18 really seemed like he was on another planet. Especially statistically.

Defensively no tho. But offensively? I feel like 17 and 18 was like his run in the POs. He seemed so complete. Like he still had weakness of course. He wasn't like KD, who is a threat from everywhere or MJ with his skillset, but he got to his spots and his IQ was out of this world to me. Granted, he was on fire that whole stretch, so his jumper was on. With him carrying that 18 squad, that also comes with unbelievable stats.

RRR3
07-03-2021, 07:52 AM
I will always be salty the greatest game of his career (G1 18 finals) got ruined by cheating ass refs. Granted he wasn’t winning that series regardless but it robbed him of a legendary moment.

Micku
07-03-2021, 07:57 AM
I am stunned that people still say to this day that 2013 was Lebron peak when every stat we have plus the eye test says that Lebron was at his peak in 2018.

As I can't imagine 2018 Lebron only averaging 16 PPG on 39 percent in the first 3 games of a finals series as 2013 Lebron did.

As 2018 Lebron jumper was insane for that entire playoff run as he was basically hitting everything from mid-range and three.

Defense.

And LeBron 13 played better for a whole season than LeBron 18.

You are right that LeBron 18 had more confidence in his jumpshot. He was really on that whole post season. But the game did change during that stretch as well. More spread out and more spacing, so it gave LeBron more room to operate I would say. The Spurs gave LeBron jumpshot to defend the paint. LeBron 18 would attempt it. But it wasn't for whole season. He had a monster stretch tho. Who knows how would the mind games would work, plus the Spurs in general was a better defensive club than any team that 18.

Plus the pace of what they played as well was slower than any team in the POs as well. So, it gives more time for the defense to set up. Granted the Cavs didn't play that high of a pace either.

I would say LeBron 13 is better than LeBron 18. But LeBron 18 had a better POs than any of his career.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2021, 08:14 AM
It was always the greatest sporting season in history

It was unlike anything ever before and since...

he played to perfection almost every night.

And then you had the idiots who were like "no he was better in 13 cause defense" lmao

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Defense.

And LeBron 13 played better for a whole season than LeBron 18.

You are right that LeBron 18 had more confidence in his jumpshot. He was really on that whole post season. But the game did change during that stretch as well. More spread out and more spacing, so it gave LeBron more room to operate I would say. The Spurs gave LeBron jumpshot to defend the paint. LeBron 18 would attempt it. But it wasn't for whole season. He had a monster stretch tho. Who knows how would the mind games would work, plus the Spurs in general was a better defensive club than any team that 18.

Plus the pace of what they played as well was slower than any team in the POs as well. So, it gives more time for the defense to set up. Granted the Cavs didn't play that high of a pace either.

I would say LeBron 13 is better than LeBron 18. But LeBron 18 had a better POs than any of his career.

what the ****?

:oldlol:

Micku
07-03-2021, 08:22 AM
what the ****?

:oldlol:

Hahah, which you mean?

13 LeBron played better defense, shot better from the 3pt line, had a better midrange game than LeBron 18 did. He was better in almost every advance statistic too. He was better for the regular season.

But LeBron 18 was hot at the right time tho.

It's not the first time this has happened tho. Like Wade in 09 was like the best he has ever been. But Wade in 06, 10, and 11 were better in the POs. Wade was going though back spasms in 09.

RRR3
07-03-2021, 08:46 AM
Hahah, which you mean?

13 LeBron played better defense, shot better from the 3pt line, had a better midrange game than LeBron 18 did. He was better in almost every advance statistic too. He was better for the regular season.

It's not the first time this has happened tho. Like Wade in 09 was like the best he has ever been. But Wade in 06, 10, and 11 were better in the POs. Wade was going though back spasms in 09.
LeBron was like a legit 100 overall in 2013 besides the finals where Pop sagging off messed with his head (since he had a good jumper that year and didn’t expect people to give him that much room). People forget cuz he struggled a lot of the finals that year.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2021, 08:51 AM
Hahah, which you mean?

Look at what I bolded.

That shit makes no sense.

Im not gonna go into the defense discussion, its retarded.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2021, 08:51 AM
LeBron was like a legit 100 overall in 2013 besides the finals where Pop sagging off messed with his head (since he had a good jumper that year and didn’t expect people to give him that much room). People forget cuz he struggled a lot of the finals that year.

besides the finals?

he didnt do shit the previous 3 rounds either.

in fact he sucked against the bulls defense

RRR3
07-03-2021, 09:05 AM
besides the finals?

he didnt do shit the previous 3 rounds either.

in fact he sucked against the bulls defense
Meltdown.

paksat
07-03-2021, 09:18 AM
out of curiosity i searched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHGZfj1a4Qo&ab_channel=HouseofHighlights

2nd highlight, he has a steal and a man much much smaller in front of him and he passes it off to hill who basically has to go into a full all out sprint to get to the basket

97% hill there and not even my point... this is the reason james will never top jordan or any other elite scorer. WHY PASS THE BALL? BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED YOU MIGHT MISS A SHOT? BECAUSE IT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR STATS? He not only passes it but GIVES UP on the play

3ball, as much as I can't stand the guy sometimes, is flat out right. If it ain't wide open, forget it he ain't interested

paksat
07-03-2021, 09:20 AM
in fact that video is comedy, supposed to be highlights of james when the first 5 plays are him passing the ball

$tat$

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 09:28 AM
in fact that video is comedy, supposed to be highlights of james when the first 5 plays are him passing the ball

$tat$

To teammates for wide open buckets..

paksat
07-03-2021, 09:31 AM
To teammates for wide open buckets..

lol a falling away 3 with a hand in your face

lol i'm dead even with this other guy but here i'll sprint 110% and see if I can get in front of him

stop just stop

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 09:39 AM
lol a falling away 3 with a hand in your face

lol i'm dead even with this other guy but here i'll sprint 110% and see if I can get in front of him

stop just stop

lol it was a wide open dunk. God forbid he make an NBA player SPRINT.

But I don’t think you realize the point of the video. It shows all of his scores and assists in that series in chronological order. It’s not some random highlight video..

He passed the ball a lot in the first quarter of game 1. He scored 35 a game in the series

tpols
07-03-2021, 09:39 AM
There are no cookies to be given for beating oladipo, derozan, and rookie Tatum then losing by the 2nd biggest margin of defeat in the Finals of all time in a sweep. Empty stats. He had All NBA and All Star Kevin Love plus 6MOY JR Smith the whole run too.

paksat
07-03-2021, 09:40 AM
lol it was a wide open dunk. God forbid he make an NBA player SPRINT.

But I don’t think you realize the point of the video. It shows all of his scores and assists in that series in chronological order. It’s not some random highlight video..

He passed the ball a lot in the first quarter of game 1. He scored 35 a game in the series

why doesn't HE... SPRINT... then? Is he not an nba player?

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 09:46 AM
why doesn't HE... SPRINT... then? Is he not an nba player?

:lol are we now getting on Lebron for not sprinting? O all people? Oooo got em! Clown

So the options are: sprint and almost certainly draw a foul. Pass to his already sprinting teammate for a wide open dunk.

Gohan
07-03-2021, 09:47 AM
I Agree op, 2018 is when Hebron officially passed iverson on the all time rankings list

paksat
07-03-2021, 10:00 AM
:lol are we now getting on Lebron for not sprinting? O all people? Oooo got em! Clown

So the options are: sprint and almost certainly draw a foul. Pass to his already sprinting teammate for a wide open dunk.

at the 30 second mark, hill has just started taking his first step and lebronze is a good 3 to 4 feet already in front of him and ALREADY sprinting

ok i'm done, enjoy your thread :roll:

edit: in fact the funny thing is the guy guarding hill gave up on the play because he thought james was going to score, hill actually got lucky

RRR3
07-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Paktass with his daily meltdown :roll:

8Ball
07-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Trump losing the election made him very angry!

paksat
07-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Trump losing the election made him very angry!

Do you even play basketball? With your money you're either old, golden spoon fed, or a con artist so since you wanna chime in I'm actually interested to know

FKAri
07-03-2021, 11:26 AM
It was his best offensive playoff run but he didn't play much defense that year. But honestly when your team is that bad and needs you to run everything on offense, the allocation of resources makes sense.

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 11:28 AM
at the 30 second mark, hill has just started taking his first step and lebronze is a good 3 to 4 feet already in front of him and ALREADY sprinting

ok i'm done, enjoy your thread :roll:

edit: in fact the funny thing is the guy guarding hill gave up on the play because he thought james was going to score, hill actually got lucky

So he WAS already sprinting then?? You have no point.

You’re trying to convince people that Lebron getting a role player an open dunk in the first quarter of game one is a bad play. Did you get on Magic when he’d pass up an open dunk to give it to a hustling teammate so they can score? Is that a comical play?

And you’re the one exasperatedly saying bye to people? Yikes

paksat
07-03-2021, 11:37 AM
So he WAS already sprinting then?? You have no point.

You’re trying to convince people that Lebron getting a role player an open dunk in the first quarter of game one is a bad play. Did you get on Magic when he’d pass up an open dunk to give it to a hustling teammate so they can score? Is that a comical play?

And you’re the one exasperatedly saying bye to people? Yikes

Your boy quit on the play, that alone.. just stop

Manny98
07-03-2021, 11:40 AM
Of course Paksat has to come in and derail this thread with his irrational hate for Lebron :facepalm

paksat
07-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Of course Paksat has to come in and derail this thread with his irrational hate for Lebron :facepalm

Oh but it's fine when Jeff simon derails the other ones, naw you bronze stains are gonna start getting these threads hijacked more and more gonna make it a new hobby.

Hey Yo
07-03-2021, 12:12 PM
There are no cookies to be given for beating oladipo, derozan, and rookie Tatum then losing by the 2nd biggest margin of defeat in the Finals of all time in a sweep. Empty stats. He had All NBA and All Star Kevin Love plus 6MOY JR Smith the whole run too.

Celtics up 3-2 in the ECF. Love gets concussed early game 6, zero points. Missed game 7 where Boston was the favorites at home. Eighth consecutive Finals run.

Hey Yo
07-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Oh but it's fine when Jeff simon derails the other ones, naw you bronze stains are gonna start getting these threads hijacked more and more gonna make it a new hobby.

The OP isnt a James stan.

Keep crying though...

3ba11
07-03-2021, 12:16 PM
When did Lebron beat a top 5 SRS team or Finals team with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick, aka when did he have a carry-job against a good team?

Everyone in history has carry-jobs against weak teams - almost no one gets carry-jobs against good teams

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Your boy quit on the play, that alone.. just stop

True. We all know that lebron James tends to quit when he has the ball in transition.

deathawaitu
07-03-2021, 12:47 PM
So basically king of empty stats?

Got it, we already knew that

8Ball
07-03-2021, 12:48 PM
So basically king of empty stats?

Got it, we already knew that

Empty stats means going to the finals.

Give me a break.

8Ball
07-03-2021, 12:51 PM
out of curiosity i searched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHGZfj1a4Qo&ab_channel=HouseofHighlights

2nd highlight, he has a steal and a man much much smaller in front of him and he passes it off to hill who basically has to go into a full all out sprint to get to the basket

97% hill there and not even my point... this is the reason james will never top jordan or any other elite scorer. WHY PASS THE BALL? BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED YOU MIGHT MISS A SHOT? BECAUSE IT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR STATS? He not only passes it but GIVES UP on the play

3ball, as much as I can't stand the guy sometimes, is flat out right. If it ain't wide open, forget it he ain't interested

Gives George Hill an open dunk and you criticize him for it. :lol

A pass for 2 point dunk is worth the same as James dunking it for 2 points.

8Ball
07-03-2021, 12:51 PM

$tat$

Do you even play basketball? With your money you're either old, golden spoon fed, or a con artist so since you wanna chime in I'm actually interested to know

:roll:

In what year will you learn passing the ball to open players = basketball? Why do you think Magic Johnson is ranked so high up the GOAT list? For his scoring ability?

I already smashed DaLilCuck's face in the last time I got involved in a personal dick waving contest on this forum and the guy welched on a forum ban. I ain't getting into another "show and tell" session. I am here to discuss basketball. If anyone wants to challenge me over my life if better be worth it this time, I want money escrowed.

Micku
07-03-2021, 01:05 PM

While he is right that LeBron James do pass up some shots to protect his FG% at one point, that video is definitely the smart play.

Plus even if he does, in 2018 especially, it got him to the finals. As you said, Magic is so high due to his passing ability and pass it to the open person. LeBron got a little Magic in him.

I don't even know why anyone could criticize him in that specific vid. He passed for an open layups, open shots, or dunk attempts. It's better than a contest shot. It's not like he was Ben Simmions and passed up an open lay up or dunk.

paksat
07-03-2021, 01:33 PM

he literally throws the ball BACKWARDS, i'm not even gonna bother with you on the amount of stupid that's going on with that play.

lebronze is literally the only guy that gets a pass for throwing a ball BACKWARDS when he is AHEAD of the player he passed it to with a man backpedaling that is MUCH smaller than him. If I throw that pass when I was in the ABA i'm getting benched for passing up a wide open lay-up.

there's just too much dumb with that play, and you and this guy are clearly avoiding it. Magic takes that shit to the hole and scores or gets fouled, end of story.

as for your other posts, so that's a no you don't play basketball at ANY level? Then there's nothing to discuss, stick to buying condo's old man.

Manny98
07-03-2021, 01:35 PM

What a life :oldlol:

paksat
07-03-2021, 01:40 PM
What a life :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/7ZJrwfRy/IMG-20210627-001614.jpg

show me your tinder PM's :roll:

3ba11
07-03-2021, 01:44 PM
2018 Celtics.... #7 SRS... underdog... 1 all-star.... #7 SRS..... underdog

1989 Cavs'...... #1 SRS... favorite...... 3 all-stars... veterans... favorite

Jordan had 2nd year Pippen (14/6/3), while Lebron had the best 2nd option in the conference and perennial all-star Kevin Love (18/9/3) - and they were defending conference champs

Ultimately, who cares about carry-jobs against bad teams - only carry-jobs against good teams matter (top 5 SRS) and lebron has none

Manny98
07-03-2021, 01:45 PM
show me your tinder PM's :roll:

You'd be surprised they love black guy's down here

HBK_Kliq_2
07-03-2021, 01:46 PM
Kawhi and trae have already topped that east playoff run and it's only been 3 years.

LeBron beat no names like victor oladipo, while kawhi and trae had to face embiid and giannis.

3ba11
07-03-2021, 01:49 PM
2018 Celtics.... 55 wins... #7 SRS.. 1 all-star.. 3.6 net rating

1989 Cavs........ 57 wins.. #1 SRS.. 3 all-star.. 7.7 net rating
1989 Knicks..... 52 wins.. #8 SRS.. 2 all-star.. 3.7 net rating

It was pre-title Jordan and a 14 ppg sidekick (jeff green), whereas Lebron was a veteran champion with the best 2nd option in the conference (Love) when he beat the 18' Celtics..

07-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Lebron goaltended on oladipo. He shouldve taken an L in the first round

tpols
07-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Celtics up 3-2 in the ECF. Love gets concussed early game 6, zero points. Missed game 7 where Boston was the favorites at home. Eighth consecutive Finals run.

Again you don't get a cookie for going down 3-2 to ROOKIE teenage Jayson Tatum. And Marcus Smart and old Al Horford. That's embarrassing in and of itself. When Kobe was 33 he had to face that boss 2011 Maverick team. When he was 34 had to face KD and Harden. When he was 35 he got hurt but his team had to face the 2013 spurs in the first round. Nobody is giving out cookies for having to face a baby Tatum Celtic team in the ECFs and going DOWN to them to boot. :oldlol:

C'mon mate...

8Ball
07-03-2021, 02:11 PM
he literally throws the ball BACKWARDS, i'm not even gonna bother with you on the amount of stupid that's going on with that play.

lebronze is literally the only guy that gets a pass for throwing a ball BACKWARDS when he is AHEAD of the player he passed it to with a man backpedaling that is MUCH smaller than him. If I throw that pass when I was in the ABA i'm getting benched for passing up a wide open lay-up.

there's just too much dumb with that play, and you and this guy are clearly avoiding it. Magic takes that shit to the hole and scores or gets fouled, end of story.

as for your other posts, so that's a no you don't play basketball at ANY level? Then there's nothing to discuss, stick to buying condo's old man.

George Hill had an open lane to the basket, there was someone in front of LeBron.

Give it a rest.

8Ball
07-03-2021, 02:12 PM
Lebron goaltended on oladipo. He shouldve taken an L in the first round

Jordan offensive fouled on his last shot, should have taken a L in 1998.

With bad back Pippen in 1998, game 7 would have been a L for Bulls.

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 02:15 PM
George Hill had an open lane to the basket, there was someone in front of LeBron.

Give it a rest.

Yea he can’t fathom the fact that a pass can go backwards, let alone understanding that it wasn’t actually backwards. He must have hated magic, Bird, Isiah and them.

He’s more of a cheat pass forward kinda guy.

07-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Jordan offensive fouled on his last shot, should have taken a L in 1998.

With bad back Pippen in 1998, game 7 would have been a L for Bulls.

Meltdown. Its a lebron thread not a jordan thread.

Lebron goaltended and lost

8Ball
07-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Meltdown. Its a lebron thread not a jordan thread.

Lebron goaltended and lost

Wrong.

He didn't goal tend, and he won the game.

07-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Wrong.

He didn't goal tend, and he won the game.
He goaltended, and the refs saved him.

Lebum is a career loser

3ba11
07-03-2021, 02:28 PM
Again you don't get a cookie for going down 3-2 to ROOKIE teenage Jayson Tatum. And Marcus Smart and old Al Horford. That's embarrassing in and of itself. When Kobe was 33 he had to face that boss 2011 Maverick team. When he was 34 had to face KD and Harden. When he was 35 he got hurt but his team had to face the 2013 spurs in the first round. Nobody is giving out cookies for having to face a baby Tatum Celtic team in the ECFs and going DOWN to them to boot. :oldlol:

C'mon mate...

+1

Phoenix
07-03-2021, 02:34 PM
Kawhi and trae have already topped that east playoff run and it's only been 3 years.

LeBron beat no names like victor oladipo, while kawhi and trae had to face embiid and giannis.

Kawhi is done for the year, champ. Time for you to shut up till next season. K bye.

paksat
07-03-2021, 02:35 PM
He goaltended, and the refs saved him.

Lebum is a career loser

lol trying to reason with these guys is silly, do it for kicks and giggles or just don't bother. If these guys would have simply said that lebronze wanted no part of that guy 7 inches shorter and a 100 lbs lighter than him, I would have taken that honestly. The only reason hill even gets a dunk there like I said is because his defender thought the play was over, if he stays with hill that play goes no where.

case in point is 5:26 in that video when he literally throws the guy out of the way, these parrots be like, "oh what a move!"

And1AllDay
07-03-2021, 02:52 PM
this is next level baby bois

:dancin

https://i.postimg.cc/fTXXNMrZ/18-bran-letop-1.png

Spurs m8
07-03-2021, 03:24 PM
SWEPT when it mattered and he faced a real team

8Ball
07-03-2021, 03:29 PM

From 2-6 just a bunch of bums.

And1AllDay
07-03-2021, 03:31 PM
From 2-6 just a bunch of bums.

this is who hes playing with back then, so crazy. he would pray to the heavens for just a little help.

8Ball
07-03-2021, 03:35 PM
The net ratings are insane over 7 games.

LeBron 128 offensive rating.
Kevin Love 91 offensive rating.

Unplayable.

And1AllDay
07-03-2021, 03:41 PM
The net ratings are insane over 7 games.

LeBron 128 offensive rating.
Kevin Love 91 offensive rating.

Unplayable.

that pacers series was insane. showed the world why he is goat one more time

ShawkFactory
07-03-2021, 03:46 PM
People also clown Bron for his shooting but he was hitting midrange shit throughout the entire playoffs. He did everything people knock him for not doing

paksat
07-03-2021, 04:07 PM
this is who hes playing with back then, so crazy. he would pray to the heavens for just a little help.

top 3 player in the nba in wade

top 3 guard in the nba in irving

top 5 forward in the nba in love

top 2 center in the nba in AD

one common denominator tho..

And1AllDay
07-03-2021, 04:31 PM

wrong ranks

but basically he wins with anyone then? nice. didnt rely on one guy for his whole career to win

we know who that is. no pip

Hey Yo
07-03-2021, 04:32 PM

Top Wade 1 season

Irving 2015 misses 2 ECF games and 5 Finals games.

Love 2015 missed majority of postseason and 2016 was concussed and garbage in the Finals.

Played one injury free year with AD.

MJ 1998 saw he wasnt going to have a chance to defend his title, so he quit again.

HylianNightmare
07-03-2021, 04:52 PM
Yeah wow how impressive woooo

Gohan
07-03-2021, 05:04 PM
wrong ranks

but basically he wins with anyone then? Nice. Didnt rely on one guy for his whole career to win

we know who that is. No pip

say what you want about jordan and pippen but if it aint broke dont fix it

paksat
07-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Top Wade 1 season

Irving 2015 misses 2 ECF games and 5 Finals games.

Love 2015 missed majority of postseason and 2016 was concussed and garbage in the Finals.

Played one injury free year with AD.

MJ 1998 saw he wasnt going to have a chance to defend his title, so he quit again.

negative on all that and double negative on mj

jordan in his book "driven from within" stated he wanted to come back, but bulls ownership is garbage

Axe
09-01-2021, 08:02 AM
2018 kong was at his mightiest, being a solid carrying machine never seen before. However, that only came as a result of his teammates being total bums by not living up to the expectations, especially during the playoffs. Thus in the finals, they got swept inevitably. The only question here is, would you guys rather see him that way? That he's played like a deity that year regardless of the results, a smacking he got in the biggest stage of the game or would you prefer him if he played lesser than that while having better teammates but at the same time, ended up bringing home the bacon? I think i'd pick the latter.

Manny98
09-01-2021, 08:09 AM
One of the greatest playoff runs ever

Shame he ran into the GOAT in the finals

https://i.postimg.cc/3wJJ6bF0/giphy.gif

ELITEpower23
09-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Freee AndOnnnnnnne

Epic slay

Nowitness
09-01-2021, 12:10 PM
One of the greatest playoff runs ever

Shame he ran into the GOAT in the finals

https://i.postimg.cc/3wJJ6bF0/giphy.gif

Was arguably the second best player on his own team.

LeBron carrying JR Smith to a finals ? KD failing to even make a conference finals with Kyrie/Harden.

Manny98
09-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Was arguably the second best player on his own team.

LeBron carrying JR Smith to a finals ? KD failing to even make a conference finals with Kyrie/Harden.

Curry has no argument over KD in 2018, NONE

KD didn't fail anything with Kyrie and Harden because they were both injured

Try again

Axe
09-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Curry has no argument over KD in 2018, NONE

KD didn't fail anything with Kyrie and Harden because they were both injured

Try again
Kd made curry's team invincible for two years. I think he should be grateful for that.

3ba11
09-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Jordan averaged 43 ppg against the 90' Sixers - that's the caliber of opponent that Lebron faced in the 09-18' Eastern Playoffs and 07'

Axe
09-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Jordan averaged 43 ppg against the 90' Sixers - that's the caliber of opponent that Lebron faced in the 09-18' Eastern Playoffs and 07'
Total douche

3ba11
09-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Total douche

I thought you'd be happy that I summarized the point in a simple way, rather than post the nerdy stats and backup

Axe
09-01-2021, 04:48 PM
I thought you'd be happy that I summarized the point in a simple way, rather than post the nerdy stats and backup
Except nobody was asking for such lousy take. Pfft.

ScottieQuitting
09-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Touche, also facts. And that’s being generous. That was a 53 win team led by an all timer in Barkley. LeBron didn’t face that level of consistent competition from 09 - 18 in the Leastern Conference. Man, Mike averaged 43 ppg, 7 apg and 4 spg in that series :facepalm

Axe
09-01-2021, 04:55 PM
Touche, also facts. And that’s being generous. That was a 53 win team led by an all timer in Barkley. LeBron didn’t face that level of consistent competition from 09 - 18 in the Leastern Conference. Man, Mike averaged 43 ppg, 7 apg and 4 spg in that series :facepalm
Not without the man in your username, coach.

ScottieQuitting
09-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Not without the man in your username, coach.
Without the whiny beta quitter in my username, what?

Axe
09-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Without the whiny beta quitter in my username, what?
:lol

Go figure.

Mr. Woke
09-01-2021, 04:59 PM
LBJ obviously faced tougher competition in the Finals than MJ ever faced.

j3lademaster
09-01-2021, 05:05 PM

This stat basically high lights lebron greatness and mastery of the entire game:

T4. LeBron James (2012) - 29%2018 and 2015 were both highly impressive.

In the 2018 playoffs, Lebron averaged 34 ppg on 54% while his 'Robin' Kevin Love averaged 15 on 39%... and was an average defender at best. Obviously no one literally goes out there and wins 1v5, but that was probably the worst supporting cast to make the finals. Worse than the 01 76ers. Game 1 of the finals that year was the greatest finals game ever played. It took refs, Hill choke, JR choke to rob Lebron of that win:
Lebron drew a perfect charge on Kevin Durant and Durant was given free throws, George Hill missed a very makeable layup. Then chokes at the line. And he needs to thank JR Smith for one-upping his choke, because that is the dumbest play I've ever seen.

In 2015 Lebron shot poorly and the Warriors weren't as good as 18, but Lebron didn't even have Love. His 2nd best players were either Tristan who, to his credit, is at least an average player or Dellavedova who is barely an nba caliber player after leaving the Cavs. Zero offensive help and the Warriors had the perfect personel to defend Lebron: Iguodala who did most of the work and good defender in Klay to help and an elite defender in Draymond and elite rim protection from Bogut. Sure, Curry choked a bit and played down to his competition(Matthew Dellavedova), but to this day I don't understand how Lebron stole 2 games. I can't think of a single player you could have replaced Lebron with who would have won 2 games in that situation. Win or lose, that's GOAT shit. And the fact that Lebron didn't win FMVP means I better not see anyone win that award while losing again.

ScottieQuitting
09-01-2021, 05:13 PM
LBJ obviously faced tougher competition in the Finals than MJ ever faced.

Except not. And faced no competition, unlike Jordan, just to get there.

Mr. Woke
09-01-2021, 05:15 PM

Wrong.

MJ faced weaker competition. The 80s/90s were weaker/less competitive than the modern era.

ELITEpower23
09-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Oh yeah? What's MJ's best finals win then?

Axe
09-01-2021, 05:56 PM
Wrong.

MJ faced weaker competition. The 80s/90s were weaker/less competitive than the modern era.
It's a period where janitors, car mechanics and plumbers made the finals.

ScottieQuitting
09-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Wrong.

Um, no.

2007 Spurs: 58-24
2011 Mavericks: 57-25
2013 Spurs: 58-24
2014 Spurs: 62-20
2015 Warriors: 67-15
2016 Warriors: 73-9
2017 Warriors: 67-15
2018 Warriors: 58-24

Average: 62.5 wins

I excluded bullshit lockout seasons, and truncated seasons. That actually works out in LeBron‘s favor, because the 2020 Heat were a damn fifth seed in the east.

1991 Lakers: 58-24
1992 Blazers: 57-25
1993 Suns: 62-20
1996 Sonics: 64-18
1997 Jazz: 64-18
1998 Jazz: 62-20

Average: 61.1 wins

That’s a 1 to 2 game average differential of accumulative Finals opponents faced. So they basically on average played the exact same caliber of team in the Finals.

And in the playoffs preceding the finals, Michael faced vastly superior competition. By comparison.

Especially when taking to into account, how much more help LeBron had on his Miami and Cleveland teams in comparison to the crappy talent depleted teams he was facing in the playoffs in the Leastern Conference on the road to the Finals.

Axe
09-01-2021, 06:07 PM
Hahaha, coach using rs record as basis for their competitiveness. :roll:

ScottieQuitting
09-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Hahaha, coach using rs record as basis for their competitiveness. :roll:
So the 2015 and 2016 Warriors WERE overrated, no?

1987_Lakers
09-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Um, no.

I excluded bullshit lockout seasons, and truncated seasons. That actually works out in LeBron‘s favor, because the 2020 Heat were a damn fifth seed in the east.

That’s a 1 to 2 game average differential of accumulative Finals opponents faced. So they basically on average played the exact same caliber of team in the Finals.

And in the playoffs preceding the finals, Michael faced vastly superior competition. By comparison.

Especially when taking to into account, how much more help LeBron had on his Miami and Cleveland teams in comparison to the crappy talent depleted teams he was facing in the playoffs in the Leastern Conference on the road to the Finals.

So the 2018 Warriors with Durant, Curry etc are worse than any Finals team MJ played from '93-'98?

Holy shit, what a dumb post.

Axe
09-01-2021, 06:40 PM
So the 2015 and 2016 Warriors WERE overrated, no?
Idk. I don't like that team but they're legitimate title contenders.

SaintzFury13
09-01-2021, 07:28 PM

2013 LeBron was his peak. I don't care what stats you provide from his 2018 playoff run, which was insane tbf. He was nowhere close to being as good on defense as he was in 2013. The difference was night and day.

If you want to say 2018 was the best version of LeBron James in terms of SCORING, then yes, we are absolutely 100% in agreement on that. But as an all around player, 2013 is still the clear cut best version of LeBron we ever had.

I will always be salty the greatest game of his career (G1 18 finals) got ruined by cheating ass refs. Granted he wasn’t winning that series regardless but it robbed him of a legendary moment.

It's one thing to blame the refs for that game. It's another to outright ignore George Hill's missed free throw which would have won Cleveland the game had he made it.

Axe
09-01-2021, 07:38 PM
2013 LeBron was his peak. I don't care what stats you provide from his 2018 playoff run, which was insane tbf. He was nowhere close to being as good on defense as he was in 2013. The difference was night and day.

If you want to say 2018 was the best version of LeBron James in terms of SCORING, then yes, we are absolutely 100% in agreement on that. But as an all around player, 2013 is still the clear cut best version of LeBron we ever had.

It's one thing to blame the refs for that game. It's another to outright ignore George Hill's missed free throw which would have won Cleveland the game had he made it.
If they only won that game, then at least his mudslingers wouldn't be bringing up that he got swept twice in the finals from time to time.

SaintzFury13
09-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Um, no.

This is SUCH an incredibly bad way of trying to argue that Jordan and LeBron had the same competition in the finals. Holy shit.

SaintzFury13
09-01-2021, 07:45 PM
If they only won that game, then at least his mudslingers wouldn't be bringing up that he got swept twice in the finals from time to time.

If they won that game, a lot more would have changed than just the fact that Cleveland doesn't get swept. LeBron doesn't **** his hand up (which did in fact happen whether people want to admit it or not. There is photographic evidence that shows clear as day that LeBron's hand was in fact injured) and we see a much better showing from him throughout the rest of the series. I still have a hard time imagining Cleveland winning, but it would have been the proper showcase of LeBron seeing all the odds stacked in front of him and still going all out to prove he's the best player on the planet and no one can say or do anything to prove otherwise. Granted, that one game alone probably showcased that, but it doesn't matter. People are idiots and are still going to use LeBron getting swept against him. They are going to continue to ignore context for the sake of their narrative. We have people doing that now on a regular basis on this board. It's never going to change.

kawhileonard2
09-02-2021, 12:57 AM
It's a period where janitors, car mechanics and plumbers made the finals.

While nowadays the guys who didn't make the pro's would be working at McDonald's, Burgerking, Wendy's.