PDA

View Full Version : As a Luka fan, thank god Trae Young did no make it to the finals

dirkdiggler41
07-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Every fanboy would argue Trae is better because he got the finals and Luka never made it out of the first round.

But in all honestly, do we see Trae ever getting to the finals with his low field goal. If you look at any first option in today's league they shoot around 50%. Trae is at 42% in this year's playoff. He can penetrate and pass like no other player, but I just see his shot selection and inconsistent shooting as his downfall.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 06:02 PM
every fanboy would argue trae is better because he got the finals and luka never made it out of the first round.

But in all honestly, do we see trae ever getting to the finals with his low field goal. If you look at any first option in today's league they shoot around 50%. Trae is at 42% in this year's playoff. He can penetrate and pass like no other player, but i just see his shot selection and inconsistent shooting as his downfall.

if he improves his shot selection but no trae wont make the finals for a while brooklyn is taking over

Full Court
07-04-2021, 06:04 PM
Thank God Trae Young didn't make it to the finals because he's a foul-seeking flopper.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 06:06 PM
Thank God Trae Young didn't make it to the finals because he's a foul-seeking flopper.

he does get some bogus ass calls and it's where you cant even touch him with your body or anything

j3lademaster
07-04-2021, 06:11 PM
I didn't see anyone straightup say Trae's better, even during the 6ers series when everyone was slurping him. I could be wrong and missed a post or 2, but the majority were saying Luka is better in a vacuum, though there's an argument Trae's a better fit for ATL. How Cam turns out will be the deciding factor on who won this trade.

Every other team except maybe the Suns right now are jealous of ATL and DAL fans having either. As a Bulls fan myself.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j4qbaY3Dp5o5y/giphy.gif

fsvr54
07-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Every fanboy would argue Trae is better because he got the finals and Luka never made it out of the first round.

But in all honestly, do we see Trae ever getting to the finals with his low field goal. If you look at any first option in today's league they shoot around 50%. Trae is at 42% in this year's playoff. He can penetrate and pass like no other player, but I just see his shot selection and inconsistent shooting as his downfall.

He's 22. Most youngin's aren't efficient, especially guards.

jalbert009
07-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Well it will be interesting to see who adapts to the new rules better. Both Luka and Trae are expert floppers and whiners who instigate contact on defenders getting to the foul line. I suspect their numbers will be down next year.

NBA getting better. New blood taking over, rule changes to address this flopping / foul instigating and hopefully the end of super teams.

Regarding Luka vs Trae. I think Trae is in a better position to succeed. Lots of young high potential players in Hawks that can develop with Trae. Mavs can't say the same. So another year or two of Trae making 2nd round or better while Luka getting bumped in the first round can change how people view Luka.

n00bie
07-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Trae Young is probably the most entertaining player in the league right now. He's got an A.I. vibe to the way he plays.

I'd say most people would have preferred watching Trae in the finals vs. Giannis.

bobopenguin
07-04-2021, 07:40 PM
luka is owning in Olympic-qualifying games right now.

Sportal
07-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Well it will be interesting to see who adapts to the new rules better. Both Luka and Trae are expert floppers and whiners who instigate contact on defenders getting to the foul line. I suspect their numbers will be down next year.

NBA getting better. New blood taking over, rule changes to address this flopping / foul instigating and hopefully the end of super teams.

Regarding Luka vs Trae. I think Trae is in a better position to succeed. Lots of young high potential players in Hawks that can develop with Trae. Mavs can't say the same. So another year or two of Trae making 2nd round or better while Luka getting bumped in the first round can change how people view Luka.

We've got 3 years of the Nets, and teams tryna compete with them.

Axe
07-04-2021, 10:10 PM
At least he didn't need a stacked team to beat joel embiid in their conference finals debut.

FKAri
07-04-2021, 10:16 PM
You're COMPLETELY wrong. If Trae merely made the finals, he'd be sitting at an embarrassing 0-1 finals record while Luka would've still had his clean sheet.

insight
07-04-2021, 11:15 PM
It really is a simply equation. Hawks sittin pretty.
Cam Reddish, Trae Young > Luka

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:17 PM
He would have made it if he didn’t get hurt tbh.

julizaver
07-05-2021, 09:38 AM

No matter ECF - the eye test shows that Luka is better player overall. Team success is something else and is important for GOAT ratings. The best test was the Clippers - 11 games played in consecutive seasons, and aside from 2-3 games (and those affected by sprained ancle and nerve issue) he was dominating. If Kawhi was healthy I bet some money the Clippers could have won the tittle this year considering also all the injuries to star players. Mavs with Luka are not worse team than Hawks in my opinion.

insight
07-05-2021, 03:28 PM
No matter ECF - the eye test shows that Luka is better player overall. Team success is something else and is important for GOAT ratings. The best test was the Clippers - 11 games played in consecutive seasons, and aside from 2-3 games (and those affected by sprained ancle and nerve issue) he was dominating. If Kawhi was healthy I bet some money the Clippers could have won the tittle this year considering also all the injuries to star players. Mavs with Luka are not worse team than Hawks in my opinion.

Eye Test, it depends what you are looking at and what you value. Luka a point foward, not a point guard. Luka pentrates or plays ISO ball if he doesn't get a look he likes he will pass it out to the open man late in the shot clock. Trae is running plays and sets for his team, controlling the flow of the game as a true point guard. Luka has a size advantage, is effective on the low block and can create seperatioin to get his shot off on anyone. Trae has court vision and passing ability that only few players have and is able to make split decisions better than anyone in the game.

Ice Trae
07-05-2021, 07:34 PM
Hawks were real close..truly believe if he didn’t get hurt they would have made it. But injuries are part of the game.

Hawks will be back

miggyme1
07-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Unless the hawks do something idiotic i expect them to win a ring in the next 2-5 years. Team is loaded. It feels like everyone on their roster is at least 6’8 (minus trae) and can defend and shoot. Its crazy,kudos to Atlanta theyve built a powerhouse team thats gonna be good for the next few years if they can keep everybody and stay healthy

ImKobe
07-06-2021, 06:26 AM
It wouldn't have mattered in the Luka vs. Trae debate, at least not among knowledgeable basketball fans who understand that one had to get through a HEALTHY Clippers' squad (who barely won in 7 games and was still 2 games from the Finals WITHOUT Kawhi) while the other went up against an injured Sixers and Bucks squads(Embiid and Giannis knee injuries).

ShawkFactory
07-06-2021, 09:44 AM
It wouldn't have mattered in the Luka vs. Trae debate, at least not among knowledgeable basketball fans who understand that one had to get through a HEALTHY Clippers' squad (who barely won in 7 games and was still 2 games from the Finals WITHOUT Kawhi) while the other went up against an injured Sixers and Bucks squads(Embiid and Giannis knee injuries).

Giannis went out AFTER Trae. He didn’t face an injured Bucks squad.

And Embiid still scored like 35 a game. He might have been slightly slower but that’s a weak excuse. Especially because they had literally no other injuries to the team. They were healthier than the hawks in that series

imdaman99
07-06-2021, 10:07 AM
:lol at rooting for someone else to fail to prop up your own guy. Hey it's cool we all do it :cheers:

ImKobe
07-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Giannis went out AFTER Trae. He didn’t face an injured Bucks squad.

And Embiid still scored like 35 a game. He might have been slightly slower but that’s a weak excuse. Especially because they had literally no other injuries to the team. They were healthier than the hawks in that series

The only way the Hawks would have won that series is if Giannis went down and Trae was healthy. Embiid played with a torn meniscus, which is why he couldn't assert his dominance for more than 3 quarters of the game.

ShawkFactory
07-06-2021, 10:52 AM
The only way the Hawks would have won that series is if Giannis went down and Trae wasn't healthy. Embiid played with a torn meniscus, which is why he couldn't assert his dominance for more than 3 quarters of the game.

That’s...exactly what happened.

The sixers were healthier than the hawks in that series. No excuses for Embiid. He played 40 minutes a game.

ImKobe
07-06-2021, 11:33 AM
That’s...exactly what happened.

The sixers were healthier than the hawks in that series. No excuses for Embiid. He played 40 minutes a game.

Meant to say "was".

AnaheimLakers24
07-06-2021, 11:33 AM
he is better than luka you dumbass redneck

Thenameless
07-06-2021, 11:45 AM
We've got 3 years of the Nets, and teams tryna compete with them.

The Nets are talented, but they're also a bunch of injury prone mental flakes, so it's hard to get a good read on them.

julizaver
07-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Eye Test, it depends what you are looking at and what you value. Luka a point foward, not a point guard. Luka pentrates or plays ISO ball if he doesn't get a look he likes he will pass it out to the open man late in the shot clock. Trae is running plays and sets for his team, controlling the flow of the game as a true point guard. Luka has a size advantage, is effective on the low block and can create seperatioin to get his shot off on anyone. Trae has court vision and passing ability that only few players have and is able to make split decisions better than anyone in the game.

Luka's court vission and passing is not inferior to Trae's.

insight
07-07-2021, 09:36 AM

Knowlegeable basketball fans would know the Hawks had more injuries than the Sixer or Bucks in the playoffs. The Hawks 2nd best player Deandre Hunter did not play in those series. Cam Reddish was out for 6 months and only returned for the last 3 games against the Bucks, Bogi had a knee injured since the Knicks series, Trae had a shoulder injury in the sixers series and a foot bone bruise where he missed two games in the Bucks series.
If Dallas had the amount of injuries that the Hawks had in the regular season, Dallas would have never made the playoffs. The Hawks had the 4 most injuries of any team in the league and the only team to make the playoffs with so many injuries.

insight
07-07-2021, 09:41 AM
Luka's court vission and passing is not inferior to Trae's.

Sorry Luka is an elite passer, Trae Young is a generational talent passing the basketball. Trae can make any pass with either hand and every type of pass, it's not even close.

Airupthere
07-07-2021, 09:59 AM
The east should be exciting next season. Nets, bucks, hawks, sixers, and celtics if they make the right moves.

julizaver
07-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Sorry Luka is an elite passer, Trae Young is a generational talent passing the basketball. Trae can make any pass with either hand and every type of pass, it's not even close.

Most expert considers Luka as generation talent overall and future face of the league right now. If you are Hawks fan I can understand you, but if you are neutral most people will take Luka over Trae.

insight
07-07-2021, 10:51 AM
Most expert considers Luka as generation talent overall and future face of the league right now. If you are Hawks fan I can understand you, but if you are neutral most people will take Luka over Trae.

Most so called experts said Trae Young would not be able to do the things he did in college at the NBA level. Many so called experts called Trae Young a bust after summer league his rookie year!
No matter how hard they try the media can't control the entire narrartive of who becomes a star and who doesn't.
Devin Booker is playing in the Conference finals, a year removed from your experts saying he doesn't know how to win, and is an empty stats guy.

By the way.
I never said Luka was not and exceptional talent, I said he wasn't a generational passer like Trae Young. Just because Luka is a future face of the NBA doesn't mean his court vision and passing are equal to Trae Young.

Mr. Woke
07-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Trae needs more help. Hopefully the Hawks can get another All-Star caliber player.

Mr. Woke
07-07-2021, 12:52 PM
he does get some bogus ass calls and it's where you cant even touch him with your body or anything

Stop exaggerating.

Every star player gets some lucky calls every now and then.

Mr. Woke
07-07-2021, 12:53 PM
Unless the hawks do something idiotic i expect them to win a ring in the next 2-5 years. Team is loaded. It feels like everyone on their roster is at least 6’8 (minus trae) and can defend and shoot. Its crazy,kudos to Atlanta theyve built a powerhouse team thats gonna be good for the next few years if they can keep everybody and stay healthy

In order to be true contenders, they need another All-Star caliber player.